"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Two more cable movies:

Night School with Kevin Hart Not as funny as I thought it would be, but cute

I still see you  It was about ghosts still lingering around after they died from an accident in a government facility. it was actually very good.

18 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The Trap (2019) Mike Epps, T.I.

What is this about? I love Mike Epps ever since the Friday movies. I haven't heard of this movie.

45 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Two more cable movies:

I still see you  It was about ghosts still lingering around after they died from an accident in a government facility. it was actually very good.

What is this about? I love Mike Epps ever since the Friday movies. I haven't heard of this movie.

Check it out, it came out recently and its PROPER hilairious, I reccomend it if you like the Fridays.  Basically they run a chicken shop and accidentally sell weed laced fried chicken :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Two more cable movies:

I like you. You are old fashioned like me and still watch TV. That is more and more rare these days.

Another lifetime movie called "My stepfather's secret" lol 

I actually watched it because Vanessa Marcil who used to be on General Hospital was the star. It was okay, but predicable as most lifetime movies are.

16 hours ago, EvanG said:

I like you. You are old fashioned like me and still watch TV. That is more and more rare these days.

Oh please I love watching tv. It's my escape and there's tons of shows that are awesome on regular tv and cable channels.

But I also read books alot too. and play games with my daughter and my family and games on my computer. Playing board games keeps you sharp and my daughter loves to play them too. it's family time at it's best.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say
  • Like 1

Bordertown (1935) - Paul Muni, Bette Davis

Muni, an actor so great that in the studio system days of the 30s when actors were like hired cattle he was able to pick and choose his roles, with studios falling over themselves for his services.  Between him, Cagney and John Garfield they propelled screen acting ahead by light years.

Edited by Len Cnut

David Brent: Life on the Road (2016).

Fairly good but it just goes to show how good the actors/characters were around Brent in the original Office (Tim, Dawn, etc), because something was lacking here on this front. But it was fairly good, rather Brent once combined with Spinal Tap. Not sure how much there is to say about Brent but he certainly deserved one last outing?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

David Brent: Life on the Road (2016).

Fairly good but it just goes to show how good the actors/characters were around Brent in the original Office (Tim, Dawn, etc), because something was lacking here on this front. But it was fairly good, rather Brent once combined with Spinal Tap. Not sure how much there is to say about Brent but he certainly deserved one last outing?

Did you not find it a bit...I dunno...dark isn't the right word but like...I remember Gervais saying that it is designed to reflect how we live in a more grim world insofar as Brent is protected so much by the reserve of the people in The Office who sort of sheltered him in a way, we live in a much more direct society since the release of The Office and Brent suffers from that a bit.  I just didn't find it as funny, Brent isn't like Frank Spencer where people can be horrible to him and its still funny.  I totally agree with their not being much to say about Brent, you kinda realise that Brent wasn't what made The Office great, it wasn't a Brent vehicle, had the entirity of The Office cuz been Brent it wouldn't've been much cop.  The office in The Office was sort of a character all of its own, when you extract Brent from that protective foil he's sort of vulnerable, you see shades of it in the Christmas specials of The Office and if those christmas specials had been just centred around Brent in out in the world they would've been quite grim.  Interesting to note Steve Merchant didn't have nothing to do with this film, perhaps that's part of the problem.  You get the feeling Ricky Gervais couldn't really figure out what to do with him.  Watching Brent get bullied just isn't really funny.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Did you not find it a bit...I dunno...dark isn't the right word but like...I remember Gervais saying that it is designed to reflect how we live in a more grim world insofar as Brent is protected so much by the reserve of the people in The Office who sort of sheltered him in a way, we live in a much more direct society since the release of The Office and Brent suffers from that a bit.  I just didn't find it as funny, Brent isn't like Frank Spencer where people can be horrible to him and its still funny.  I totally agree with their not being much to say about Brent, you kinda realise that Brent wasn't what made The Office great, it wasn't a Brent vehicle, had the entirity of The Office cuz been Brent it wouldn't've been much cop.  The office in The Office was sort of a character all of its own, when you extract Brent from that protective foil he's sort of vulnerable, you see shades of it in the Christmas specials of The Office and if those christmas specials had been just centred around Brent in out in the world they would've been quite grim.  Interesting to note Steve Merchant didn't have nothing to do with this film, perhaps that's part of the problem.  You get the feeling Ricky Gervais couldn't really figure out what to do with him.

I know what you are saying. The people in the office (on the film) simply treat him like crap. His bandmembers treat him like dogshit until the very end. There isn't really any of that in the tv series, just a sort of dumbfounded acknowledgment of him being a prat. Everyone else in the film I rather hated except for the rapper and the love interest. That was obviously the intention. 

In The Office, the other people are as deluded as he is in many ways. Tim has a middle class graduates delusion in thinking his shit job is a ''stop gap''. Dawn is deluded in thinking her relationship with whatshisface, the working class guy, is anything worth preserving. Gareth? Army (TA) skills? Bruce Lee's abilities? haha. 

In the film, everybody is just a bunch of arseholes. 

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I know what you are saying. The people in the office (on the film) simply treat him like crap. His bandmembers treat him like dogshit until the very end. There isn't really any of that in the tv series, just a sort of dumbfounded acknowledgment of him being a prat. Everyone else in the film I rather hated except for the rapper and the love interest. That was obviously the intention. 

In The Office, the other people are as deluded as he is in many ways. Tim has a middle class graduates delusion in thinking his shit job is a ''stop gap''. Dawn is deluded in thinking her relationship with whatshisface, the working class guy, is anything worth preserving. Gareth? Army (TA) skills? Bruce Lee's abilities? haha. 

In the film, everybody is just a bunch of arseholes. 

I'm not sure I agree with arseholes, they're nice people, the worst of them, Gareth, is sort of a div.  The only one that borders on the unpleasant is, oh whatshisface, the launch the kettle bloke, the lanky manc, him and even he is never really outwardly horrible except when they lose that quiz.  Being deluded doesn't make you an arsehole, not in a horrible person sense anyway.  Arseholes are rarely likeable and if the characters weren't likeable The Office would've struggled. 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm not sure I agree with arseholes, they're nice people, the worst of them, Gareth, is sort of a div.  The only one that borders on the unpleasant is, oh whatshisface, the launch the kettle bloke, the lanky manc, him and even he is never really outwardly horrible except when they lose that quiz.  Being deluded doesn't make you an arsehole, not in a horrible person sense anyway.  Arseholes are rarely likeable and if the characters weren't likeable The Office would've struggled. 

I think you misread my post. I meant the people on the film are all arseholes. The band for instance.