"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Killing Me Softly (2002)

American-British erotic thriller film starring Heather Graham and Joseph Fiennes. As someone in the trailer comments sections said "It's like 50 Shades Of Grey: The Prequel" I've never seen 50 Shades myself but if that's what it's like then I'll pass, just like I should have passed with this one. The plot is so "meh" and tries to do that psyche out throughout the whole film. It has oddly timed transition scenes, like the dialog seemingly gets cut off in mid-thought. The ending is so fucking shoehorned and abrupt that it pissed me off more than the film itself. I'll give it a 2 out of 5 just because of Heather Graham's hot nude body takes up a good 1/4 to 1/2 of the film.

Trailer:

• Like 1

On June 25, 2019 at 11:29 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Killing Me Softly (2002)

American-British erotic thriller film starring Heather Graham and Joseph Fiennes. As someone in the trailer comments sections said "It's like 50 Shades Of Grey: The Prequel" I've never seen 50 Shades myself but if that's what it's like then I'll pass, just like I should have passed with this one. The plot is so "meh" and tries to do that psyche out throughout the whole film. It has oddly timed transition scenes, like the dialog seemingly gets cut off in mid-thought. The ending is so fucking shoehorned and abrupt that it pissed me off more than the film itself. I'll give it a 2 out of 5 just because of Heather Graham's hot nude body takes up a good 1/4 to 1/2 of the film.

Trailer:

I havent seen this one nor 50 Shades, but your post brought to mind the movie The Secretary with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader. Its maybe not a prequel but a predecessor to 50 Shades, in some cultural regards, imho.

Heather Graham is a joy indeed :) I think that, by comparison, the understated nature of The Secretary is what makes it cool. I like the humour too. If you havent caught that one, you might enjoy it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Scarecrow (1973)  Al Pacino and Gene Hackman.  Overlooked little gem.  Hackman has said this was his favorite character he's ever played.

Absolute fuckin’ belter of a film, Al has some real sleepers, this, the fuckin’ bender film with The Germs o...Cruising, thats the name!  Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Al was beautiful in that era, sounded like a proper young New Yorker.  I’ll tell ya my favourite Al Pacino film, The Panic In Needle Park.

On 6/30/2019 at 4:51 AM, Len Cnut said:

Absolute fuckin’ belter of a film, Al has some real sleepers, this, the fuckin’ bender film with The Germs o...Cruising, thats the name!  Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Al was beautiful in that era, sounded like a proper young New Yorker.  I’ll tell ya my favourite Al Pacino film, The Panic In Needle Park.

I think Cruising took a beating from the critics but I liked it.  Pacino's infamous "hips or lips" line was hilarious.

The Brady Bunch Movie (1995)

The film places the original sitcom characters (obviously played by different actors), with their 1970s fashion sense and sitcom family morality, in a contemporary 1990s setting, drawing humor from the resulting culture clash. I think this was adapted from a stage play version that was doing the same thing as the plot of the movie. Can't remember what the name of it is.

It's a fun little movie but what makes it weird is that this movie, while made in the 90's to make fun of how dated the 70's were, has enough 90's music and fashion references that make THIS movie dated. I give it a 3 out of 5.

• Like 1

The Queen movie BR. Very good. Very sad. Music was awesome! The actor who played Freddie was amazing.

1 hour ago, appetite4illusions said:

Midsommar

Ari Aster is now pretty much the only interesting horror filmmaker on the planet. 

Saw the preview. Was it good? Did it have a real ending and not one that left you up in the air?

It did remind me of The Wicker Man.

Fateful Findings (2013)

A small boy discovers a mystical power as a child. He is then separated from his childhood girlfriend. He grows up to be a computer scientist who is hacking into the most secret national and international secrets, as well as being an acclaimed novel writer. His childhood 'finding' gives him amazing paranormal powers. He is reunited with the childhood girlfriend, mystically, on his hospital deathbed - as his relationship with his current drug addict girlfriend is deteriorating. The passions build between the threesome. Mystical, psychiatric and worldly forces rise to prevent him from revealing the hacked secrets. He attempts to reveal all in a Washington DC large press conference, with 'fateful' and dangerous consequences.

OMFG, this is one of the biggest turds I've ever seen but that turd is so beautifully crafted. Yes this is one of those so bad, it's good movies. To think Neil Breen (the main star, directer, writer, producer, editor) would think that an audience would take this seriously shows how delusional he is. There is just so much wrong with this film. This is one to sit down and watch with some friends over some beer or a fat spliff or two. It's the only way you'll get through it unless you are masochistic. Also this should be proof positive to any aspiring film maker that the dream film you want to make, you can do it. Overall rating - 1 out of 5 (on srs)  4 out of 5 (on intoxicants)

Trailer

and if you just want to see some choice scenes of this hilarious abomination, watch this.

Edited by Jabberwocky