"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On 10-8-2019 at 11:24 AM, Len Cnut said:

The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)

I remember seeing this one many years ago in the middle of the night, and I don't get spooked easily, but this one did a good job at exactly that. It probably didn't help that I listened to the real audio from the exorcism of Anneliese Michel afterwards, which this movie is based on.

3 hours ago, soon said:

Ive had this documentary Secret Life of Farm Animals open on my computer for a while but I just dont watch. I want to want to watch it. Feeling to jaded to spend time with these cuties 

1XYv6KXh.jpg

I'm always scared to watch anything about animals because I'm afraid of them showing them being hunted by other animals and eaten. I know it's the circle of life, but I just can't stand watching it. I know it happens but I don't want to watch it. My dad watches all the nature shows, but it's just too much when he watches lions or alligators hunting and eating their prey. 

36 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm always scared to watch anything about animals because I'm afraid of them showing them being hunted by other animals and eaten. I know it's the circle of life, but I just can't stand watching it. I know it happens but I don't want to watch it. My dad watches all the nature shows, but it's just too much when he watches lions or alligators hunting and eating their prey. 

Aw, you softie :) but yeah, it’s tough on those shows. For me especially when the camera shot is close enough to see the preys eyes. Watching the light leave their eyes.

but I love me a cheetah documentary. 

you might like this one then, it’s about their personalities and social lives if I understand correctly.

i know some people who are against eating meat. They show movies of the transport and slaughter and every ugly detail. You’d definitely not want to see any of those. Let me tell you! 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, lame ass security said:

Love The Shining but I never thought it was scary.  I watch it for Nicholson's over the top performance and of course Kubrick's direction.  I always thought it was interesting that Stephen King did not like the movie, mostly because of Kubrick.  

The Shining was a pretty personal book for King so i can understand his dissatisfaction with the adaption. Kubrick underplayed the alcoholism angle, totally changed the Wendy character, and pretty much made Jack crazy from the start when it was supposed to be a slow decent into madness. That said King made his own adaption and it was a god awful boring mess. Kubrick meanwhile was a master filmmaker and knew how to make it interesting on screen.

51 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

The Shining was a pretty personal book for King so i can understand his dissatisfaction with the adaption. Kubrick underplayed the alcoholism angle, totally changed the Wendy character, and pretty much made Jack crazy from the start when it was supposed to be a slow decent into madness. That said King made his own adaption and it was a god awful boring mess. Kubrick meanwhile was a master filmmaker and knew how to make it interesting on screen.

Definitely,  that was my only minor beef, that Nicholson was pretty much bonkers from the start.  But that's not completely true.  Up until and through the scenes where he and his family were being shown around the hotel he was portrayed as normal.

9 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Definitely,  that was my only minor beef, that Nicholson was pretty much bonkers from the start.  But that's not completely true.  Up until and through the scenes where he and his family were being shown around the hotel he was portrayed as normal.

Its most noticeable in the scene where they are in the care heading to the hotel. You can tell Jack is annoyed and resents his family already.

Watched Apocalypse Now Final Cut in the cinemas.  Alright, 'final cut', they basically just lopped the bit with the Playboy Bunnies stranded in the helicopters bit off and all the bits where Brando is in non sillohuette.  Basically the bits where he has Willard tied up and reads to him from Time or Life or whatever magazine it is, ending with 'how does it smell to you soldier?'.  Still, brilliant film and absolutely mindblowing to watch it on the big screen.  IMAX no less.  Its a dirty great fuck off screen really.  Liked it though. 

12 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Definitely,  that was my only minor beef, that Nicholson was pretty much bonkers from the start. 

Jack Nicholson looks fuckin' bonkers even when he's being normal :lol:

• Haha 2

Vengence: A love story with Nick Cage

The lady in Red

Instant Family with Mark Walberg

On 8/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, -W.A.R- said:

How many of you noticed the magazine that Jack was reading in the hotel lobby at the beginning was a playgirl? :lol:

56ct8glupst11.jpg

lol  Really? Okay, that was a women's magazine that started in the 70's with nude men. My mom used to buy it. lol

Burt Reynolds was the first centerfold, but he hid his package! lol

anyway, I doubt it's still around. After a while my mom said it got boring. lol

22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I watched that horrible Zombie tidal wave. OMG! Ian Zering has to stop making these movies now that BH 90210 is back! lol 

Did you watch the Lifetime VC Andrews miniseries with Jason Priestley? I thought that were pretty good- I love all those twisted family stories lol! 

Boy erased it was on cable and starred Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe. It's based on a true story about a family who's son is gay and they can't accept it, so they send him to one of those conversion camps. 

At the end of the movie, it said that there are 36 states in the US that still have these camps. I was like WTF? I just don't understand what some people believe? It's just nuts.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:44 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Did you watch the Lifetime VC Andrews miniseries with Jason Priestley? I thought that were pretty good- I love all those twisted family stories lol! 

No, I never read those books. I was going to watch it because of Jason but I figured I wouldn't understand what the hell was going on? lol

I remember the first book about how the grandmother locked the brother and sister in the attic and they became attracted to each other. OMG!

38 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

No, I never read those books. I was going to watch it because of Jason but I figured I wouldn't understand what the hell was going on? lol

I remember the first book about how the grandmother locked the brother and sister in the attic and they became attracted to each other. OMG!

Ha....yeah that was Flowers in the Attic. This was a different series but same elements that VC Andrews is known for...like incest for one.

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ha....yeah that was Flowers in the Attic. This was a different series but same elements that VC Andrews is known for...like incest for one.

Yeah, I remember the first book. I think one of the movies is on lifetime tonight.

I watched a lifetime movie last night called "The last dancer" I only watched it because Antonio Sabato, Jr. was on it. he used to be Jagger on GH. I like him. It was okay. I thought the lead actress was annoying. And from what I know to be a dancer you have to be tall and thin. This actress was short and curvy and had big breasts. lol She wasn't a good actress either.

One of the other actors used to be on DOOL too.

Hope you are having a great weekend.