"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On 10/17/2019 at 3:52 PM, RONIN said:

The reviews are a tad vitriolic but it's such a generic dtv-level movie. Disappointing really given the directions they could have gone in. Feels like a committee made movie where they cut corners to keep the budget low and got a by-the-numbers script to package the movie for overseas funding/distribution. Pretty much a cash-in sequel. Even the old Cannon movies from the 80's like Sly's Over the Top or Cobra had more entertainment value. Last blood had a 50 million dollar budget yet looks like a cheap straight to dvd POS with less set pieces than Rambo 4 (which had the same production budget). Where did the money go? Sly's wallet probably. He has a rep for pocketing a significant chunk of his movie budgets in salary.

The Rambo concept lends itself to some fun action adventure movies if it was given the a-list treatment but Sly is a b-movie guy and he just dumbs down the material for his movies unfortunately. The few times he's worked with a real director (one who isn't taking orders from Sly), you get more high concept fare like Creed or even Cliffhanger. There's nothing wrong with b-movies though, Bronson did a number of great ones from back in the day. Hell, Liam Neeson has been doing them well on auto-pilot for the last decade. I like b-movies if they're done well. This one just isn't. The director of Last Blood is a journeyman type but he did much better work with Mel Gibson's "Get the Gringo". And there you go. The difference between being ghost directed by Gibson vs Sly.;)

I have pre-ordered this movie from amazon. I love the Rambo movies, so I know I will love this one. I just love Sly. He seems like such a cool guy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I have pre-ordered this movie from amazon. I love the Rambo movies, so I know I will love this one. I just love Sly. He seems like such a cool guy.

I'm really weird about movies that star a character I really love, like Rocky or Rambo, I even love the worst ones because you kinda grow up with this thing so its like seeing an old friend again or something. 

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Obchod na korze, aka,  The Shop on the High Street (1965).

An utter masterpiece. 

We used to use "chod" as a euphemism for penis in Redcar in the 80's. :lol: 

Film looks shite.

Edited by Dazey

Greta on HBO

4/5 It was good, but then it got annoying, but the ending was awesome!

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Saw Zombieland 2 today. Liked it as much as the first one. 

Oh, cool. I love the first one. Want to see this one, but not sure when or if?

Going to see The Addams Family today. My daughter is very anxious to see this and I am too.

Bram Stokers Dracula. Effects are dated but not cheesy. A wolf and a lady make love! :wow: Ive not heard of such a thing north of Jacksonville :lol:

Is this the movie that Gary Oldman did just before joining Guns for the SIDHY video (and from there to rehab)?

I saw Zombieland 2 on Saturday, which I actually liked as much as the first. 

I saw Jay & Silent Bob Reboot yesterday whichever had a bjnch of issues but was enjoyable overall. 

I'm watching 3 From Hell right now. I've heard extremely mixed things but I'm about half way through and really liking it. 

The Addams Family  Very cute. The original song was played too. Loved it!

I saw Kevin Smith on a talk show and he said this new Jay and Silent Bob was just a re-boot of the second one. lol I did see that Jay might be a dad to a daughter. That's new! The daughter was played by Kevin's real daughter, Harley Quinn.

Let me know how the 3 from hell is! My mom ordered it off amazon.com for me. I've loved all those crazy Rob movies since the first one.

Last night was Halloween so I watched Rob Zombie's '3 From Hell'.

Now, I was very curious when this film was announced as I felt the ending of 'The Devil's Rejects' was fucking perfect. How could he possibly make another film in this franchise?

It was decent, and I'll see it again, but I do feel it's missing something (Not just Sid Haig).

It's not Rob's worst film, though. I give that title to '31'.

On 6-11-2019 at 10:57 AM, Len Cnut said:

Doctor Sleep (2019)

I read the book, which I quite enjoyed, King is often kinda hit or miss, but I liked this one from beginning till end. Film adaptations are usually not as good as the book, but I will probably check this one out.