"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

The Tin Drum (Die Blechtrommel) (1979).

I am one of the ones who doesn't really like it (it's a bit of a Marmite film) I'm afraid, although there are a lot of interesting ideas in there. 

Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (2008)

Political film about the West German RAF (Rote Armee Fraktion). Decent, albeit very cold. The film depicts the RAF as utter wankstains, self-indulgent hippyesque arseheads, which I think is close to the truth and the wise decision considering, much like the IRA, they, irrespective of ideology, turned into bank robbers and murderers of innocents ultimately; there is little attempt to depict them as romantic figures. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 11/14/2019 at 5:47 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Unknown (2011)

Standard ''Liam Neeson in slightly dodgy European capital à la Taken'' thriller, Berlin this time, which begins with an intriguing Hitchcockean premise but then descends into a mess of confusing plotting and unconvincing character changes, intersected with action-chase sequences. Watchable fare: 2/5. 

Aus dem Nichts, aka, In the Fade (2017)

Remarkable acting tour de force by Diane Kruger. 5/5.

I saw that movie. I love Liam, so I did like this movie.

I recently saw Cold Pursuit with Liam. That was awesome! He's such a bad ass!

I remember when I first saw Diane in Troy. She's come so far as an actress and she's with Norman Reedus too. They have a little baby girl together.

23 hours ago, Mysteron said:

I went to see Frozen 2 with family, I liked it, thought it was better than the first one, but they are not 'great' films of the genre. Cool to see Weezer on the soundtrack

My daughter liked it. By the third song I wanted to scream! lol Not a fan of all the singing. But loved that Sven had a bigger part. And that little salamander is my new favorite character. I had to order the stuffed toy for myself and my daughter. lol He was so damn cute!

The story was very cool too. Love how they show how close Anna and Elsa are. Made me wish for a sister.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw that movie. I love Liam, so I did like this movie.

I recently saw Cold Pursuit with Liam. That was awesome! He's such a bad ass!

I remember when I first saw Diane in Troy. She's come so far as an actress and she's with Norman Reedus too. They have a little baby girl together.

I stumbled on Aus dem Nichts by reading her filmography via Unknown. It is her masterpiece - it truly is. An astonishing acting performance. Interestingly her first film in German, sans her dialogue in Inglourious Basterds, as she commenced her acting career in France and the USA.

Stuff I’ve seen recently that I really loved -

Ready or Not (aka the most fun movie of the year)

Marriage Story (aka not the most fun movie of the year, but really really wonderful)

A Rainy Day in New York (nowhere near top shelf Woody but delightful)

The Sisters Brothers (a gem)

16 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Escape From Alcatraz. Absolutely loved it.

'I just hate n!ggers' :lol:

1 hour ago, Angelica said:

Ready or Not (aka the most fun movie of the year)

I was weighing that one up every time I was at the cinema but something else always ended up getting picked.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Alcatraz is great. I like it when he wants to steal the spoon so he rubs it on his shoe and goes up to the guard and says, in a typically Clint gruff like manner, ''this spoon looks like it has been up someone's ass - can I get a new one?''. 

I believe the exact quote is 'stickin' in someones ass', not to be a pedantic geeky greasy spotty fuckin' film nerd wanker :lol:

• Like 1

Project Itahca It was on cable and it sucked.

8 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Escape From Alcatraz. Absolutely loved it.

A Star Is Born (2018). Hadn't seen any of the films before it, but really enjoyed this one. Bradley Cooper was fantastic in it, as was Lady Gaga.

Yeah, the new A Star is born was very good. I loved seeing Andrew Dice Clay as GaGa's dad.

I really didn't like the manager of GaGa. I blamed him for messing with Bradley's mind.

I thought GaGa was perfect for the part since her early career was poppy songs. Now she sings what she wants to, just like her character did at the end when she performed Bradley's song. that was awesome.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
More
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Project Itahca It was on cable and it sucked.

Yeah, the new A Star is born was very good. I loved seeing Andrew Dice Clay as GaGa's dad.

I really didn't like the manager of GaGa. I blamed him for messing with Bradley's mind.

I thought GaGa was perfect for the part since her early career was poppy songs. Now she sings what she wants to, just like her character did at the end when she performed Bradley's song. that was awesome.

I thought that was Dice! Awesome.

28 minutes ago, soon said:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Never been my fave, still aint. Theres so many effects that have aged poorly - some looking like they are from the 1950s. Luke is quite the Mary Sue. Lando's security guy is hilarious. 

It is infinitely the best of the bunch.