Black Sabbath

"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2019 Edition

I watched some werewolf movie. it was terrible, but the wolves makeup and masks looked cool. The death scenes were gory as hell!

I got the dvd off amazon.com. I swear either people don't know good horror movies or they are lying about the ratings. lol

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Make sure you watch Tom Hardy's Alfie Solomons in Peaky Blinders, season two onwards. He steals every scene. 

I read that a second season of Taboo starring Tom Hardy will be back next year and aired on BBC instead of FX. I hope it's as good as the first season.

The first season was in the UK and then the characters were shipping off to America.  I love Tom Hardy. He's such a good actor.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Make sure you watch Tom Hardy's Alfie Solomons in Peaky Blinders, season two onwards. He steals every scene. 

Never seen none of it.

Asylum It was a horror movie on cable. Pretty good. It reminded me of The re make of the House on the Haunted Hill. Crazy doctor doing experiments on innocent kids.

On 9/20/2019 at 4:46 AM, Len Cnut said:

Last Blood (2019)

Its been getting fucking slaughtered in reviews, 2 stars is the best I've seen it get.

The reviews are a tad vitriolic but it's such a generic dtv-level movie. Disappointing really given the directions they could have gone in. Feels like a committee made movie where they cut corners to keep the budget low and got a by-the-numbers script to package the movie for overseas funding/distribution. Pretty much a cash-in sequel. Even the old Cannon movies from the 80's like Sly's Over the Top or Cobra had more entertainment value. Last blood had a 50 million dollar budget yet looks like a cheap straight to dvd POS with less set pieces than Rambo 4 (which had the same production budget). Where did the money go? Sly's wallet probably. He has a rep for pocketing a significant chunk of his movie budgets in salary.

The Rambo concept lends itself to some fun action adventure movies if it was given the a-list treatment but Sly is a b-movie guy and he just dumbs down the material for his movies unfortunately. The few times he's worked with a real director (one who isn't taking orders from Sly), you get more high concept fare like Creed or even Cliffhanger. There's nothing wrong with b-movies though, Bronson did a number of great ones from back in the day. Hell, Liam Neeson has been doing them well on auto-pilot for the last decade. I like b-movies if they're done well. This one just isn't. The director of Last Blood is a journeyman type but he did much better work with Mel Gibson's "Get the Gringo". And there you go. The difference between being ghost directed by Gibson vs Sly.;)

• Like 1

Whiplash (2014) I really like this movie, watched it 3 or 4 times. I remember Sorum saying he didn't care for it.

Edited by Rovim

Marketa Lazarová (1967)

Medieval allegory on Christianity-Paganism, somewhat in the German New Wave style of Aguirre (which actually succeeded it) and others. 

Spalovač mrtvol aka The Cremator (1969)

Macabre highly original horror film.

Pelíšky aka Cosy Dens (1999)

Wonderful film. Reminds me of a German film which came out a few years later, Goodbye, Lenin!

Edited by DieselDaisy

I can’t seem to watch movies much. At home I’d rather play with the cat or lady. In the theatres I almost always fall asleep. CGI especially has a very strong effect on me to put me to sleep -it’s weird.

but the main barrier to movies is that the theatre is next to the farmers market. It would require a lot for a movie to take precedence over the purchase of kohlrabi and local sausage. And then I got to get it home. 

Crawl  5/5 Such a good movie. Plenty of jumps.

Stray It's a cable movie and it was pretty good.

2 hours ago, soon said:

I can’t seem to watch movies much. At home I’d rather play with the cat or lady. In the theatres I almost always fall asleep. CGI especially has a very strong effect on me to put me to sleep -it’s weird.

but the main barrier to movies is that the theatre is next to the farmers market. It would require a lot for a movie to take precedence over the purchase of kohlrabi and local sausage. And then I got to get it home. 

I know what you mean. I have so many dvds that I have not found the time to watch them. I still have to watch the last Avengers. Just the thought of a 3 hour movie makes me cringe. 

I watch too many tv shows both on regular channels and cable. My dvr is always recording something. Not enough hours in the day to watch all my movies. Oh well. lol

I also spend most of my time with my daughter and my family. Those times are very precious, and my cats of course.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:52 PM, RONIN said:

The reviews are a tad vitriolic but it's such a generic dtv-level movie. Disappointing really given the directions they could have gone in. Feels like a committee made movie where they cut corners to keep the budget low and got a by-the-numbers script to package the movie for overseas funding/distribution. Pretty much a cash-in sequel. Even the old Cannon movies from the 80's like Sly's Over the Top or Cobra had more entertainment value. Last blood had a 50 million dollar budget yet looks like a cheap straight to dvd POS with less set pieces than Rambo 4 (which had the same production budget). Where did the money go? Sly's wallet probably. He has a rep for pocketing a significant chunk of his movie budgets in salary.

The Rambo concept lends itself to some fun action adventure movies if it was given the a-list treatment but Sly is a b-movie guy and he just dumbs down the material for his movies unfortunately. The few times he's worked with a real director (one who isn't taking orders from Sly), you get more high concept fare like Creed or even Cliffhanger. There's nothing wrong with b-movies though, Bronson did a number of great ones from back in the day. Hell, Liam Neeson has been doing them well on auto-pilot for the last decade. I like b-movies if they're done well. This one just isn't. The director of Last Blood is a journeyman type but he did much better work with Mel Gibson's "Get the Gringo". And there you go. The difference between being ghost directed by Gibson vs Sly.;)

I have pre-ordered this movie from amazon. I love the Rambo movies, so I know I will love this one. I just love Sly. He seems like such a cool guy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, soon said:

It would require a lot for a movie to take precedence over the purchase of local sausage. And then I got to get it home. 

Oh yeah? :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh yeah? :lol: 

I guess I could just cut a hole in the bottom of the pop corn? :lol:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I have pre-ordered this movie from amazon. I love the Rambo movies, so I know I will love this one. I just love Sly. He seems like such a cool guy.

I'm really weird about movies that star a character I really love, like Rocky or Rambo, I even love the worst ones because you kinda grow up with this thing so its like seeing an old friend again or something. 

Terrific documentary about a truly fascinating character.

7 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Terrific documentary about a truly fascinating character.

There's no way Randolph Scott was bent :lol:

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

It’s on PB, you’ll love it 🤣

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Limestone-060-RD010-C-SH_by22j3.jpg

45742.jpg

11561_Sun.png

:lol: 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Limestone-060-RD010-C-SH_by22j3.jpg

45742.jpg

11561_Sun.png

:lol: 

He was a known bandit, Randolph Scott though?  Next they’ll be saying John Wayne was a poof :lol:  

Obchod na korze, aka,  The Shop on the High Street (1965).

An utter masterpiece. 

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Obchod na korze, aka,  The Shop on the High Street (1965).

An utter masterpiece. 

We used to use "chod" as a euphemism for penis in Redcar in the 80's. :lol: 

Film looks shite.

Edited by Dazey

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

We used to use "chod" as a euphemism for penis in Redcar in the 80's. :lol: 

Film looks shite.

100% on Rotten Tomatoes and Oscar for best international film.

Saw Zombieland 2 today. Liked it as much as the first one. 

Greta on HBO

4/5 It was good, but then it got annoying, but the ending was awesome!

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Saw Zombieland 2 today. Liked it as much as the first one. 

Oh, cool. I love the first one. Want to see this one, but not sure when or if?

Going to see The Addams Family today. My daughter is very anxious to see this and I am too.

Bram Stokers Dracula. Effects are dated but not cheesy. A wolf and a lady make love! :wow: Ive not heard of such a thing north of Jacksonville :lol:

Is this the movie that Gary Oldman did just before joining Guns for the SIDHY video (and from there to rehab)?