"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

36 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

'you're under arrest Joe'

'maybe so sheriff but don't turn around'

:D

I tell you a western I have never seen in years? Love Me Tender. Young Presley. Seem to recall it being a decent western. Elvis dying turned it into a weepy. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I tell you a western I have never seen in years? Love Me Tender. Young Presley. Seem to recall it being a decent western. Elvis dying turned it into a weepy. 

Yeah, I remember it being alright for a first try for Elvis, its a real shame that he (or the colonel) fucked him/himself out of so many decent roles early doors.  Mitchum loved him, thought he had potential (and Mitch’ didnt rate people easily), even set up a role for him in a small project Mitch’ did about running moonshine in the American south but the Colonel priced Elvis out of it, if you ever get around to watching it it is called Thunder Road and is quite rated by critics and something of a cult classic, especially so I hear, in the American south that it depicts, Mitchum was more well known for that movie down there than almost any other, Elvis was meant to play the role that eventually went to Mitchums son, you’ll know the one I mean if you ever see it, such a shame, I think it could’ve done wonders for his acting/respect levels in the industry.  

But yeah, Love Me Tender, ‘GET AWAY FROM EEM, LEAVUM ALONE!’, Elvis does emotion :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Thanks for the heads up. Wish Wesley Snipes was playing Blade again, but I'll give it a try. Love those movies. I hope this will be a new movie and not a remake of the other Blades

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Hereditary (2018) - now I really don't like Horror, but this is a great one. Especially the last 20 minutes and I love the music. Trumpets are perfect.

My brother watched this movie and was very confused. Did you understand it? Thanks.

I wish it would come on a cable channel, I would like to see it.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My brother watched this movie and was very confused. Did you understand it? Thanks.

I wish it would come on a cable channel, I would like to see it.

yeah, I think I did but I don't want to spoil it for you

Once Upon a Time In America(1984) I watched most of the "European Cut" last night, I have mixed feelings about it.  It's Sergio Leone's last film and it's shot beautifully but the story has some holes. The acting is great but that's not surprising considering the cast. It's a many layered film that probably requires multiple viewings to truly appreciate it.  I would like to hear someone else's take on it.

Edited by lame ass security

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Once Upon a Time In America(1984) I watched most of the "European Cut" last night, I have mixed feelings about it.  It's Sergio Leone's last film and it's shot beautifully but the story has some holes. The acting is great but that's not surprising considering the cast. It's a many layered film that probably requires multiple viewings to truly appreciate it.  I would like to hear someone else's take on it.

I'd take the pussy over the cupcake any day :lol:

• Haha 1

Tried to watch Jay and Silent Bob Reboot and it was fucking awful. Was Kevin Smith ever any good or am I just imagining it? 

His daughter is pretty hot however.

Also Silent Bob clearly has AIDS.

Edited by Dazey

7 hours ago, Dazey said:

Tried to watch Jay and Silent Bob Reboot and it was fucking awful. Was Kevin Smith ever any good or am I just imagining it? 

His daughter is pretty hot however.

Also Silent Bob clearly has AIDS.

Clerks (1994), although Chasing Amy (1997) is quite good also. Kevin Smith is rather like Guns N' Roses in producing only one good thing, the debut, before continuous decline set it.  

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Clerks (1994), although Chasing Amy (1997) is quite good also. Kevin Smith is rather like Guns N' Roses in producing only one good thing, the debut, before continuous decline set it.  

I seem to remember quite liking Dogma too but this new one is just unwatchable and Kevin Smith seriously needs to get a pork pie or seven down his neck.

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I seem to remember quite liking Dogma too but this new one is just unwatchable and Kevin Smith seriously needs to get a pork pie or seven down his neck.

Well that mocks the Catholic church so you would, but I must remind you, that that is the film with the shite monster,

giphy.gif

Mallrats and Jay and Silent Bob are both great movies. Gonna watch the new Jay and Silent Bob reboot later this week.

Watching the new Terminator movie. Surprised that Arnie had so much screen time but the movie is really a mess. Not even because it was female-dominated (I didnt feel that it felt sjw in any meaningful way) but more because the story is complete shit.

16 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

You should give the original one a go.

I've definitely been thinking so. May do that next weekend.

I just watched 'Joker' for the second time. Enjoyed it just as much. 

2019 was a good year for new films.

Edited by F*ck Fear

Godzilla: King of all Monsters

Next up King Kong vs. Godzilla I won't like that at all!

7 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Mallrats and Jay and Silent Bob are both great movies. Gonna watch the new Jay and Silent Bob reboot later this week.

Watching the new Terminator movie. Surprised that Arnie had so much screen time but the movie is really a mess. Not even because it was female-dominated (I didnt feel that it felt sjw in any meaningful way) but more because the story is complete shit.

Love Jay and Silent movies, but Mallrats was really a funny movie with Jason Lee. It was just a good movie all around.

Zombieland Double Tap. Not as good as the first but still good.

Into the Tall Grass. Weird af and they didn't explain anything at the end. But it was weird and tense enough to keep me interested so there's that.

Den of Thieves. Thumbs up.

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rio Lobo (1970)

Not one of Hawks' better efforts. 

Rio Bravo and El Dorado are the one's to watch from Hawks. The talk is always about them being essentially the same movie, but they have a totally different feel to me. And I've never heard anyone complain that the similarities interfered with them enjoying both.