"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Room

Dang Canadian films are super dark when they wanna be. I think Irish has the same reputation? They paired up for this one. If getting a knot in your stomach, yelling at the screen and cultivating hatred for fictional characters draws you to film then its 5/5. The chid actor is amazing. Im never watching it again, though.

17 hours ago, Juventino said:

Jaws

Never get tired of watching Jaws.

One thing I've noticed about anytime I watch Jaws including my dvd.

The part where Richard Dreyfus is holding up the mutilated arm of the first victim he's explaining how it wasn't a boating accident, but I know there are words missing in his speech. My mom said she saw it in the movie theatre back in the 70's and he does say something after "this is what happens" and then it seems the next words are cut out. I'm not sure why this is happening and my mom doesn't remember exactly what his character said.

Anyway, not sure if anyone can let me know what words are left out. I'm just curious as to what they were and why they are left out of the conversation.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:03 AM, soon said:

Room

Dang Canadian films are super dark when they wanna be. I think Irish has the same reputation? They paired up for this one. If getting a knot in your stomach, yelling at the screen and cultivating hatred for fictional characters draws you to film then its 5/5. The chid actor is amazing. Im never watching it again, though.

lol I felt that way about that stupid Babadook movie. Both mother and son annoyed the hell out of me and all I did was yell and wish that Babadook would have killed them both.

Okay, then I'll skip Room. I was curious about this movie and still it hasn't been on any cable channels. Weird since it won an lead actress Oscar. You would think some cable channel would have it on?

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

lol I felt that way about that stupid Babadook movie. Both mother and son annoyed the hell out of me and all I did was yell and wish that Babadook would have killed them both.

Okay, then I'll skip Room. I was curious about this movie and still it hasn't been on any cable channels. Weird since it won an lead actress Oscar. You would think some cable channel would have it on?

Oh the Mom was really great too, I should have mentioned her along with the child actor. I didnt realize that she and the film got some attention. Thats cool.

Its a really disturbing movie. Its kinda a fly on the wall, very matter-a-fact glimpse into some horrific stuff. Any joy is short lived. I wonder if its just a bit much for cable, maybe?

Edited by soon

9 hours ago, soon said:

Oh the Mom was really great too, I should have mentioned her along with the child actor. I didnt realize that she and the film got some attention. Thats cool.

Its a really disturbing movie. Its kinda a fly on the wall, very matter-a-fact glimpse into some horrific stuff. Any joy is short lived. I wonder if its just a bit much for cable, maybe?

I've seen way disturbing movies on cable and since Bree won best actress you would think one cable channel would show it. Weird.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Heard it was shit ... what you reckon to it ? 

I think it was good, enjoyable, solid.  Not the greatest film of all time but it doesn't need to be.  I certainly wouldn't say its shit or not worth watching, I quite liked it over again, might even re-watch at some point.  People start to become too much like critics sometimes, sitting in front of the screen with their arms folded daring the film to entertain them.

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

It's on Sky at the minute think its a free one so might give it a go at some point this week 

I must add I'm a massive Michael Caine fan (my favourite British actor along side Oliver Reed and Sir Larry) and a pretty big Ray Winstone one too so that film would have to be some proper shitbag for me to dislike it.