"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Rabid  It's an updated version of an old 1970's movie.  This one was way gross. David Croenberg was involved somehow, so you know how graphic his movies are.  I give it a 4/5

On 4/4/2020 at 1:06 PM, lame ass security said:

I thought Exorcist lll was very solid, loved George C. Scott in it.  He was actually referring to The Exorcist ll, have you seen that one?  It's appallingly bad, so much so that it's hilarious. 

Yeah, that one had Linda Blair trying to remember what happened. Not very good. I did meet Linda Blair at a Frightmare convention. She was so sweet and loved working on the tv show Supernatural. She also has an amazing charity for dogs.  Anyway, we also mentioned the movie Witchery she was in, which she said confused her to no end. lol

On 4/4/2020 at 8:36 AM, AxlsMainMan said:

Yeah, the reboot is appallingly bad. I didn't like/understand Total Recall as a kid but certainly grew to love and appreciate it as the years went by.

I love mostly what Arnold does. lol

On 3/31/2020 at 3:01 PM, Dazey said:

What's ET short for?

Isn't it Extra terrestrial I honestly have never seen this movie.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Rabid  It's an updated version of an old 1970's movie.  This one was way gross. David Croenberg was involved somehow, so you know how graphic his movies are.  I give it a 4/5

Yeah, that one had Linda Blair trying to remember what happened. Not very good. I did meet Linda Blair at a Frightmare convention. She was so sweet and loved working on the tv show Supernatural. She also has an amazing charity for dogs.  Anyway, we also mentioned the movie Witchery she was in, which she said confused her to no end. lol

That's awesome that you met her and you're right, her charity work with dogs has been amazing.

Total Recall is based on a Philip K. Dick story, the same who wrote Blade-Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) and Minority Report. Good adaptation. Arnie at the height of his powers also. 

I watched 1917 but I was half-pissed at the time. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Total Recall is based on a Philip K. Dick story, the same who wrote Blade-Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) and Minority Report. Good adaptation. Arnie at the height of his powers also. 

I watched 1917 but I was half-pissed at the time. 

K. Dick also wrote the story for Paycheck, which has a horrific film adaptation with Ben Afleck. 

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Carlitos Way is good but its a bit...thin.  Its one of those films where performances and pathos make up for a slight lack of plot.  Its a good film though, I really like it and Sean Penn really does steal the show.  In the original script his character was meant to survive but De Palma weren’t having it.  I think it would’ve been a more substantial statement if his character had survived.

I don't find it thin so much as perhaps cliche-heavy with the whole subplot with his girlfriend. Stuff like the prison escape and the shootout to at the train station made it a bit more engrossing for me than Scarface. Also love the opening courtroom scene where Carlito trolls the judge mercilessly and the pool hall scene where Carlito says to the one guy, "this shot will make you give up your religious beliefs":lol: 

It 2 I actually saw sometimes I didn't when I saw it in the theatre. Still a very good updated version of the original. some changes, but all in all one creepy movie.

I really hated the clown in this one more than Tim Curry. So glad that they kept the clown face when they beat him up. It was very satisfying.

20 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Never heard of that. Was it on Netflix?

It is on HBO. I remember when it was in the theatre, but didn't go to see it. It's very good. If you like strong women movies, I recommend it.

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

Satire on the Reich. It is the most difficult thing to do, veering between comedy and pathos, i.e.,  genuine (historical) horror, yet this film achieves it with a great semblance of style and wit. And where did they find those child actors? 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

Satire on the Reich. It is the most difficult thing to do, veering between comedy and pathos, i.e.,  genuine (historical) horror, yet this film achieves it with a great semblance of style and wit. And where did they find those child actors? 

Really enjoyed this. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

Saw the trailer a ton of times in the cinema, Steve Merchants in it somewhere, isn’t he?  Never got round to it though.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Saw the trailer a ton of times in the cinema, Steve Merchants in it somewhere, isn’t he?  Never got round to it though.

It's really good but then I'm not sure Taika Waititi can really put a foot wrong anyway. Have you seen What We Do in the Shadows?

Edited by Dazey

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

He has a brief part as a Gestapo agent. 

One of my favourite scenes,

Spoiler

CAPTAIN KLENZENDORF

This is your first step towards being men. Today you boys will be involved in such activities as marching, bayonet drills, grenade throwing, trench digging, map reading, gas defense, camouflage, trap setting, ambush techniques, war games, firing guns and blowing stuff up.

Huge cheers from the group of boys. Jojo and Yorki smile at each other, this is going to be awesome.

KLENZENDORF (CONT’D)

The girls will practice important womanly duties such as dressing wounds, making beds, and learning how to get pregnant.

Groans of disappointment from the girls.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He has a brief part as a Gestapo agent. 

One of my favourite scenes,

Hide contents

CAPTAIN KLENZENDORF

This is your first step towards being men. Today you boys will be involved in such activities as marching, bayonet drills, grenade throwing, trench digging, map reading, gas defense, camouflage, trap setting, ambush techniques, war games, firing guns and blowing stuff up.

Huge cheers from the group of boys. Jojo and Yorki smile at each other, this is going to be awesome.

KLENZENDORF (CONT’D)

The girls will practice important womanly duties such as dressing wounds, making beds, and learning how to get pregnant.

Groans of disappointment from the girls.

Shit, the Hitler Youth sounds a great laugh :lol: 

A lifetime movie "Stalker in my Attic"

23 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

Saw this movie during the Oscars. I would like to see it. I'm sure it'll be on a cable channel soon enough.