"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I love that movie! Watched it on VHS about 35 years ago at my cousin's house. Got it off some dodgy door to door video rental truck. I'd have been about 6 or 7 years old.  

"Don't Fuck with Jack Murphy!!!" :lol: .

That fuckin’ annoying girl and her teenage insults start to grate after about 5 minutes.

Terminator Dark Fate

I really liked this movie alot. Arnold is the man! Linda was awesome too. Honestly, didn't care for Grace.

The new terminator was relentless. Damn! I never understood why the bad terminators were stronger and badder than the good ones? Or why they never send multiple good terminators for back up? lol

Anyway, of course it was left open to continue if they wanted to. Guess it depends on how much money it made.

Also I had to really think about the whole time back and forth thing and then I finally got it. lol

This is a movie full of action, but you do have to listen to the talking parts to understand everything that has happened in the past, present and future.

21 hours ago, EvanG said:

Hard Candy (2015)

I saw this movie in a movie theatre. I understood how the girl felt, but I didn't think she was right to punish anyone for it. she wasn't a victim nor did she know anyone who was.

She really annoyed the hell out of me. I honestly wished he would have killed her. I know it's not nice to say, but you can't take the law in your own hands. She should have reported the guy to the police. 

Dazed and Confused was a fun movie. Matthew M was brillant.

21 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

That fuckin’ annoying girl and her teenage insults start to grate after about 5 minutes.

Yeah, she was also annoying in the movie, Witchboard with Tawney Kaetan. I don't think she acted much after the 80's. lol And thank goodness there wasn't a sex scene with her and Bronson. lol

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Look Back in Anger (1959)

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (1962)

Two fuckin’ absolutely amazing films.  That Jerusalem bit in the latter is brilliant.    James Bolam from The Likely Lads is in there if you look.  Look Back in Anger always felt to me like our answer to Streetcar.  

Edited by Len Cnut

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Two fuckin’ absolutely amazing films.  That Jerusalem bit in the latter is brilliant.    James Bolam from The Likely Lads is in there if you look.  Look Back in Anger always felt to me like our answer to Streetcar.  

Yes, I spotted a fresh-faced young Bolam.

It is very literary, Look Back in Anger. You can see its stagey birth - Tony Richardson on cinematic debut of course. There are a lot of brilliant lines such as,

pretty dreary living in the American Age --unless you're an American of course

• Like 1

Look Back in Anger is different, intellectual, thespian stuff. The poverty is not extenuated so much as Jimmy's intellectual orbit (and pretensions you might say) vis-à-vis middle-class respectability demonstrated through the two ladies in his life. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner takes a sledgehammer to Britain's public school ''imperial'' (sport obsessed) ethos, which is just as prevalent in the borstal as it is in the public school they compete against (it is fitting that the rivalry between the two never passed the ''banter'' stage). 'Play up! play up! and play the game'' as was the saying.

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Look Back in Anger is different, intellectual, thespian stuff. The poverty is not extenuated so much as Jimmy's intellectual orbit (and pretensions you might say) vis-à-vis middle-class respectability demonstrated through the two ladies in his life. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner takes a sledgehammer to Britain's public school ''imperial'' (sport obsessed) ethos, which is just as prevalent in the borstal as it is in the public school they compete against (it is fitting that the rivalry between the two never passed the ''banter'' stage). 'Play up! play up! and play the game'' as was the saying.

Did ya ever see This Sporting Life?

26 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, I'm pretty sure my mom has seen that movie. she also remembered "Georgie Girl".

She said the actress in A taste of honey was Rita something. Was that the movie where she was pregnant and living with a black man?

Rita Tushingham, shes in a great Oliver Reed film too where he plays a mountain man.

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have seen most of these films at one time. Early Loach also (Poor Cow, Cathy Come Home).

I have A Taste of Honey next up.

I went and saw that up the west end a few months back, really good production.  I love Loach.  Had a chance to meet him recently but I don’t really go in for all that.