"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I just watched The Bodyguard (the 1992 Whitney Houaton vehicle) for the first time and holy shit, what a terrible movie. 

I'm far from the biggest movie critics, but there were so many problems with this pile of shit that I don't even know where to start. 

And AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-EEEEEEEE-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...*deep breath* WILL ALWAYS LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVEEEEE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Christ imagine her singing on crack.  Bobby Brown didn’t have to, eh? :lol: 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, Len Cnut said:

Really underrated film, kinda improbable storyline but very well acted, Tupac was a magnificent actor in general, at very least the greatest rapper that ever acted, which ain’t saying much as they are generally shite and at best slightly above average, Tupac was just brilliant at it though...and the more he took roles outside of his type (which he rarely got the chance to do, this and Gridlock’d basically) he showed how brilliant he could be.

Gridlock’d is a fantastic little film. 

Ishtar  - it’s not THAT bad (although to be clear, it’s not good). That I have an inordinate amount of affection for everyone involved certainly contributes to my tolerance for it. 

The Last Seduction  - such a nasty, vicious little gem. Absolutely one of the best films of the 90s (that would never be made today). 

Friday the 13th (1980)

Gerry (2002) I fucking love this film, saw it back when it came out and loved it then but kinda filed it away, didn’t want to touch it so as to stumble over it again years later...well its years later now, still beautiful.

Conan The Destroyer

I really like this movie so much! I think I like it better than the original Conan. Anyway, it was cool to see it again.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

In Praise of Nothing (2019)

The Curse of La Llorona (2019)

I saw the Curse of La Lorena in the movies. It was pretty good. The ghost woman was pretty scary looking. Some good jumps in there. I have seen in again on cable. Still a good horror movie.

16 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Friday the 13th (1980)

Gerry (2002) I fucking love this film, saw it back when it came out and loved it then but kinda filed it away, didn’t want to touch it so as to stumble over it again years later...well its years later now, still beautiful.

Such a great horror movie. Yesterday, Part III was on. Watched it again. I never get sick of the Friday the 13th movies, even 5 has grown on me.

Same with the original Halloween and Halloween 2. They have been on cable this week. Still watch them and still love them. Even though I know what will happen, the JC music still makes so much suspense you still yell at the tv for Laurie to move her ass! lol

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I just watched The Bodyguard (the 1992 Whitney Houaton vehicle) for the first time and holy shit, what a terrible movie. 

I'm far from the biggest movie critics, but there were so many problems with this pile of shit that I don't even know where to start. 

I so hate that song. You know Dolly Parton wrote that song, but Whitney just makes me crazy with that voice. lol

I'm not sure if I saw this movie? Maybe parts of it. 

Under Sandet (2015)

Interesting take on the young German soldiers who had to find and clear landmines on the beaches of Denmark after the war.

Doctor Sleep (2019)

The sequel to ''The Shining''. I liked the book when I read it years ago but this adaptation is disappointing, especially the ending, which is also different from the book.

Beach Rats (2017)

Gayest movie ever. Literally.

56 minutes ago, soon said:

Back to the Future

A quaint lil' family film about rape, co-worker abuse, incest and black market murder. Yeah, Hollywoods not fucked up at all... 

Pure nostalgia though, I can't even tell you how many times I've seen it.

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Pure nostalgia though, I can't even tell you how many times I've seen it.

Did you see this that came out yesterday- the new Reunited Apart with Back to the Future people? Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

Actors, writers, producers, composer... everyone!

• GNFNR 1

20 minutes ago, soon said:

Did you see this that came out yesterday- the new Reunited Apart with Back to the Future people? Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

Actors, writers, producers, composer... everyone!

Because of this I found out that Michael J. Fox also played his daughter. I can't believe I never noticed that before, I mean, it's kinda obvious!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

Back to the Future

A quaint lil' family film about rape, co-worker abuse, incest and black market murder. Yeah, Hollywoods not fucked up at all... 

But it's soooo good. Sorry, but I grew up on that movie and still love it. :heart:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Because of this I found out that Michael J. Fox also played his daughter. I can't believe I never noticed that before, I mean, it's kinda obvious!

I didnt notice that either! But I didn't see all of the Reunited Apart so I wasnt looking for that. I watched the entire Goonies episode though and it was terrific!

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

But it's soooo good. Sorry, but I grew up on that movie and still love it. :heart:

Oh, its great and all. Just... WTF sometimes, y'know?? :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, its great and all. Just... WTF sometimes, y'know?? :lol:

True... I guess I never thought too much about all those issues till you brought it up cause I just get caught up in the entertainment of it all. So thanks Soon! :lol:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Hard Night Killing or something like that with Dolph Lundgren

He was a super spy. He was kicking ass! I think it was made in Italy. Not bad for a cable movie.

Is this with Ralph Meeker? I think my mom saw this. Crazy movie if it's the one she's thinking of.

The one with the bright shining nuclear thing in the case?  Yeah, its the very same.  For a little trivia for ya Pulp Fiction borrowed that idea, the briefcase with something shining out of it every time you open it.  

11 hours ago, lame ass security said:

"Went to a party last Saturday Night, didn't get laid, got in a fight. Uh huh, ain't no big thang."  Sorry, I couldn't resist. 😊

I had to google that :lol:  Only song called Kiss Me Deadly I've heard is by Generation X, Billy Idols old band.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I had to google that :lol:  Only song called Kiss Me Deadly I've heard is by Generation X, Billy Idols old band.

Fuckin' philistine! Lita Ford was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that. Great song! :D