"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

45 minutes ago, action said:

jurassic park

jaws

back to the future

raiders of the lost ark

the goonies

ET

Just reading those titles fills my heart with excitement. None of that social awareness political correct nonsense of today. Did any of those movies carry a social agenda / catered to the interest of a minority interest group? No. Were they worse movies for that? Hell no, it's what made them great in the first place! Fuck that shit. Just relax, enjoy innocent escapism without being brainwashed by narrow minded politics.

The only thing that the social awareness movement has achieved, is even more quarreling and hate between people. Just look around. Hate has increased, not decreased. Thanks to the over mediatising of these issues, I'm sick and tired of the moaning and complaining of SJW's.

You see that shit at every turn, don't you? :lol:  You could heed some of your own advice and just relax man, I mean you can't enjoy your favourite movies that DON'T go on about that shit without thinking about that shit :lol: Why does the world have to be a certain way, why can't you just enjoy your thing and other people enjoy theirs?  It really isn't everywhere, just occupy your time with what you like, you'll be alright.

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You see that shit at every turn, don't you? :lol:  You could heed some of your own advice and just relax man, I mean you can't enjoy your favourite movies that DON'T go on about that shit without thinking about that shit :lol: Why does the world have to be a certain way, why can't you just enjoy your thing and other people enjoy theirs?  It really isn't everywhere, just occupy your time with what you like, you'll be alright.

:lol: 

It's the heat man. It's over 30 degrees where I live and I physically feel my blood boil. The slightest piece of idiocy is enough to get me started. I read in the news today that those movies I listed are doing great at the box office today, because there is nothing else, and this reminded me again on how today sucks.

I was fine with how the world was. I never complained back then. why'd it need changing? Why couldn't they just leave it as is? Why couldn't the people responsible for this massive change think the same way as you: why does the world have to be according to THEIR certain way? It's them that changed the world, not me. I was fine with how it was!

10 minutes ago, action said:

:lol: 

It's the heat man. It's over 30 degrees where I live and I physically feel my blood boil. The slightest piece of idiocy is enough to get me started. I read in the news today that those movies I listed are doing great at the box office today, because there is nothing else, and this reminded me again on how today sucks.

I was fine with how the world was. I never complained back then. why'd it need changing? Why couldn't they just leave it as is? Why couldn't the people responsible for this massive change think the same way as you: why does the world have to be according to THEIR certain way? It's them that changed the world, not me. I was fine with how it was!

It was changing by the shit ton, you just never noticed cuz you were a kid :lol:  The era we grew up in was a massively politically correct era.  In fact that shit all kinda began in the 70s.  You know what the cure is for you?  Go out into the world and get into some adventures, live out this ideal of masculinity you covet.  And I'm not talking in some f@ggot gap year way, be Robert Mitchum, be Ernest Hemingway etc, enlist in the Merchant Marines, see the world, drink fuckin' booze, do hard labour on the boats, dock in every town and shag yourself silly, take cargos of guns to the highest bidder in war torn countries, its there to be done man, don't waste your life, the only people that care about political correctness and all that other shit that troubles you is people the corner themselves into the middle classes or are worried about being a member of this strange and intangible monolith that we call 'society'.  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

It was changing by the shit ton, you just never noticed cuz you were a kid :lol:  The era we grew up in was a massively politically correct era.  In fact that shit all kinda began in the 70s.  You know what the cure is for you?  Go out into the world and get into some adventures, live out this ideal of masculinity you covet.  And I'm not talking in some f@ggot gap year way, be Robert Mitchum, be Ernest Hemingway etc, enlist in the Merchant Marines, see the world, drink fuckin' booze, do hard labour on the boats, dock in every town and shag yourself silly, take cargos of guns to the highest bidder in war torn countries, its there to be done man, don't waste your life, the only people that care about political correctness and all that other shit that troubles you is people the corner themselves into the middle classes or are worried about being a member of this strange and intangible monolith that we call 'society'.  

...or, I could just stay home, get up at 7 am to change the water from my chickens, tell them good morning and clean up their shit. 

the truth is, I'm the biggest bitch you'll ever see, I wouldn't last 5 seconds with the marines, they'd probably keep me as their bum boy :lol:

3 minutes ago, action said:

...or, I could just stay home, get up at 7 am to change the water from my chickens, tell them good morning and clean up their shit. 

the truth is, I'm the biggest bitch you'll ever see, I wouldn't last 5 seconds with the marines, they'd probably keep me as their bum boy :lol:

Well nobodys born a hero cochise, start doing shitloads of press ups, sit ups and chin ups in your spare time and set up a heavybag in your back garden, thats a start.  My point is everyone creates their own world.  Or perhaps chooses their own world.  There's any number of swashbuckling fedora wearing map of life etched across their face types in the world today, they're just busy living and they don't give two shits about TV and movies and music cuz they're out doing their thing. 

Because, with all this being said, if your problem with the world is, more or less, that you want to see a different kind of projection in the media than the politically correct one, aren't you kinda one and the same with those people that you so despise?  I mean these ideals exist because there is a reference point for them in reality, Humphrey Bogart or Mitchum or John Wayne, that specific ideal of masculinity, that shit worked because it was to some degree familiar...and the reason it was familiar was because men like that were out there.  If the people backing that way of life and just sitting at computers moaning and writing blogs (or internet posts) then how different are they from the scolioisissies hunched over their keyboards whining about social justice? 

Otherwise you just spend your whole life looking up at this image in your minds eye, playing with your dick and going 'gosh, I'd love to be his friend'.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well nobodys born a hero cochise, start doing shitloads of press ups, sit ups and chin ups in your spare time and set up a heavybag in your back garden, thats a start.  My point is everyone creates their own world.  Or perhaps chooses their own world.  There's any number of swashbuckling fedora wearing map of life etched across their face types in the world today, they're just busy living and they don't give two shits about TV and movies and music cuz they're out doing their thing. 

Because, with all this being said, if your problem with the world is, more or less, that you want to see a different kind of projection in the media than the politically correct one, aren't you kinda one and the same with those people that you so despise?  I mean these ideals exist because there is a reference point for them in reality, Humphrey Bogart or Mitchum or John Wayne, that specific ideal of masculinity, that shit worked because it was to some degree familiar...and the reason it was familiar was because men like that were out there.  If the people backing that way of life and just sitting at computers moaning and writing blogs (or internet posts) then how different are they from the scolioisissies hunched over their keyboards whining about social justice? 

Otherwise you just spend your whole life looking up at this image in your minds eye, playing with your dick and going 'gosh, I'd love to be his friend'.

nah, I have no intention of "becoming" like my heroes. I'm a boring person in real life, and by all means I want to keep it that way.

I wouldn't watch a movie that had a character that was based around everyday me. it would bore the death of me. In everyday life, the things I prefer in movies are unwanted and undesirable. I like clint eastwood's character, but I have no intention to get into bar fights. I drink 0.0 beer for christ sake.

but I LOVE that stuff in entertainment. it makes me laugh, it gives me moments of happiness.

• Like 1

On June 24, 2020 at 6:32 AM, action said:

jurassic park

jaws

back to the future

raiders of the lost ark

the goonies

ET

Just reading those titles fills my heart with excitement. None of that social awareness political correct nonsense of today. Did any of those movies carry a social agenda / catered to the interest of a minority interest group? No. Were they worse movies for that? Hell no, it's what made them great in the first place! Fuck that shit. Just relax, enjoy innocent escapism without being brainwashed by narrow minded politics.

The only thing that the social awareness movement has achieved, is even more quarreling and hate between people. Just look around. Hate has increased, not decreased. Thanks to the over mediatising of these issues, I'm sick and tired of the moaning and complaining of SJW's.

Really?? Most of those classic films are about class war. Okay, class is in session...

Jurassic Park - The whims of a wealthy eccentric put others in harms way. Also a very archetypal story of why its bad to mess with nature (aka the climate crisis). Myths that utilize monsters to represent natures wrath against humans ecocide are numerous.

Jaws - Tourists and towns people are lead into shark infested waters to suit the elites desire for electoral success and the expansion of capitalist exploits. Kids are sacrificed for money and power. The shark is said to have to always be moving forward and always devouring what confronts it... like capitalism and the development of the city as a tourist trap. The shark is capitalism.

Back to the Future - Good guy fights against rape culture. PSA against bullying.

The Goonies - As kids lives are uprooted by gentrification, they look back to find power in a simpler time. And then they manifest that collective power to reject the bankers and save their neighbourhood. Pure class war!

ET - Humanity, lead by a malevolent govt, needs to be told to "be good" by an outside observer. Anti-MAD cold war commentary.

It would seem that you exclusively like SJW themes its just that the internet didnt tell you to moan and cry about it back then.

Edit:

Raider of the Lost Ark - Antifa does antifa shit against the fa's.

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

On 24/06/2020 at 4:54 PM, soon said:

Really?? Most of those classic films are about class war. Okay, class is in session...

Jurassic Park - The whims of a wealthy eccentric put others in harms way. Also a very archetypal story of why its bad to mess with nature (aka the climate crisis). Myths that utilize monsters to represent natures wrath against humans ecocide are numerous.

Jaws - Tourists and towns people are lead into shark infested waters to suit the elites desire for electoral success and the expansion of capitalist exploits. Kids are sacrificed for money and power. The shark is said to have to always be moving forward and always devouring what confronts it... like capitalism and the development of the city as a tourist trap. The shark is capitalism.

Back to the Future - Good guy fights against rape culture. PSA against bullying.

The Goonies - As kids lives are uprooted by gentrification, they look back to find power in a simpler time. And then they manifest that collective power to reject the bankers and save their neighbourhood. Pure class war!

ET - Humanity, lead by a malevolent govt, needs to be told to "be good" by an outside observer. Anti-MAD cold war commentary.

It would seem that you exclusively like SJW themes its just that the internet didnt tell you to moan and cry about it back then.

I was actually going to point out something similar about ET, the rest I would’ve never dreamed off, thats pretty fuckin’ good boss :lol: 

• GNFNR 1

On 6/24/2020 at 5:54 PM, soon said:

nah

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I was actually going to point out something similar about ET, the rest I would’ve never dreamed off, thats pretty fuckin’ good boss :lol: 

Wha... its all just right there on the surface? :lol: (note that the Goonies managed to fight the gentrifiers off with wealth that pirates stole from previous generations of capitalists and colonialists! :headbang:)

Should come as no surprise that there are class war themes in all those classic films. Spielberg, Lucas, Cameron and all them are products of the 60s. They are the products of University campuses full of maoists, civil rights campaigners and free meals for the poor. Even the church was fighting for progressive change. It was the high-water mark of liberalism and its many gains can still be felt today. Raegan, Thatcher Trump and neoliberalism itself are all just backlash against how powerful liberalism and working class success was in that era.

So these guys have there heads filled up with all that liberal idealism which they saw being pushed back against. There was a lot of gentrification through the late 70s and 80's in US cities. This and attacks on Unionized labour were the back drops when these youthful idealists got their start in film.

Not just these films were premised on class war (no greater anti capitalist statement then Terminator), even cartoons characters like Scrooge McDuck or in the Smurfs they instead has antisemetic 'critiques' of capital with that hook nosed dude who wanted to extract all their land and wealth.

List goes on, all this sappy class war moralizing. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

Wha... its all just right there on the surface? :lol: (note that the Goonies managed to fight the gentrifiers off with wealth that pirates stole from previous generations of capitalists and colonialists! :headbang:)

Should come as no surprise that there are class war themes in all those classic films. Spielberg, Lucas, Cameron and all them are products of the 60s. They are the products of University campuses full of maoists, civil rights campaigners and free meals for the poor. Even the church was fighting for progressive change. It was the high-water mark of liberalism and its many gains can still be felt today. Raegan, Thatcher Trump and neoliberalism itself are all just backlash against how powerful liberalism and working class success was in that era.

So these guys have there heads filled up with all that liberal idealism which they saw being pushed back against. There was a lot of gentrification through the late 70s and 80's in US cities. This and attacks on Unionized labour were the back drops when these youthful idealists got their start in film.

Not just these films were premised on class war (no greater anti capitalist statement then Terminator), even cartoons characters like Scrooge McDuck or in the Smurfs they instead has antisemetic 'critiques' of capital with that hook nosed dude who wanted to extract all their land and wealth.

List goes on, all this sappy class war moralizing. 

In my defence I have little regard for The Goonies or Jurrasic Park, never even seen the latter.  Jaws was OK when I was a kid, ain’t seen it in decades.

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

In my defence I have little regard for The Goonies or Jurrasic Park, never even seen the latter.  Jaws was OK when I was a kid, ain’t seen it in decades.

See the Goonies - it’s good for the soul!

The truffle shuffle, man. The f’n truffle shuffle :lol:

51 minutes ago, soon said:

See the Goonies - it’s good for the soul!

The truffle shuffle, man. The f’n truffle shuffle :lol:

I’ve seen that one, just not really my cup of tea, though I love the Cyndi Lauper song attached to it.

I love Cyndi Lauper.

Edited by Len Cnut

50 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’ve seen that one, just not really my cup of tea, though I love the Cyndi Lauper song attached to it.

I love Cyndi Lauper.

Isnt she awesome!? I should really dig deeper into her slim catalogue. I just know the hits and her collaboration with Weiland. 

I watched Goonies just recently and went in knowing that there was a Lauper song, but I didnt notice it in the movie. Now see, if Loach had the foresight to simply attach Cyndi Laupers name to his films, then maybe his anticapitalist films would have their own theme park attractions too! lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, action said:

nah

Watch that Cyndi Lauper video from The Goonies soundtrack that Len posted just above and then tell me its not about class war? ;)

Oh shit, and I missed offering my analysis of Raiders of the Lost Ark. So here it is:

Antifa.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Ig1euaI.jpg

Ensuring Your Place In Hell

This is a hard to find bootleg that consists of 4 "shorts"

#1 - Mortuary Of The Dead. A couple of people break into a morgue and film the inside of it. Lotta fetuses in jars, bodies in various states of decomposition (even some that are dismembered), some decapitated heads in pails. There's hardly any dialog spoken and from signs to different rooms this is in a Spanish/Latin country. The video quality is quite shit and has tape crinkle/tracking problems but the timecode shows it is from 1992

#2 - Cooking With Huck Botko. This a compilation of short films where "Huck" hates his family members and makes desserts with the nastiest of ingredients. There's one where he makes a fruitcake for his dad but pays homeless people to spit in it. One where he makes a baked Alaskan for his mother and uses maggots and other shit from roadkill into the dish. One where he makes a cheesecake for his sister but puts the blood of people with Hepatitis as glaze. Lastly he makes a graham cracker cheese pie for his brother that has (uncensored) various men ejaculating into the pie and the crust. It's fucking sick but those videos have been debunked as fake as Huck is actually a established film director/writer. These videos were done in the 90's.

#3 - Exploding Varmits. Not too much to say about this one. Basically a hunting video of these guys going on to various farms to kill squirrels, prairie dogs, groundhogs, etc. for population control. Only things that might be disturbing is the glee these people have over killing these varmits and the other is when these critters explode, they "explode". They use high powered rifles with ballistic bullets. Kinda boring to me as I had to do the same shit when I grew up and raised on a farm. The difference being is I never used firepower to make them blow the fuck up.

#4 - Grave Robbing For Morons. This one, oh boy. It's just a cameraman and a young guy talking about how he robs graves for decomposed bodies parts to sell them on the black market. He gets very detailed about how to rob the graves and how to take care of the skeletal remains. What makes it so fucked up is the entire time he's explaining it, he is holding a legit skull that he's stole. The guy also has a stuttering problem. He looks between 15 to 20, at best. There are a few times where the footage fades in and out but the audio remains.

Overall, I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5 because of the two segments (Cooking With and Grave Robbing) are the only thing interesting.

Edited by Jabberwocky

7 hours ago, soon said:

Watch that Cyndi Lauper video from The Goonies soundtrack that Len posted just above and then tell me its not about class war? ;)

Oh shit, and I missed offering my analysis of Raiders of the Lost Ark. So here it is:

Antifa.

nah