"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

"The Bad Batch" with Jason Momoa and Keanu Reeves

The Curse of Frankenstein with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee

23 hours ago, lame ass security said:

McQueen and Helen from The Andy Griffith Show, pretty awesome. Have you seen the remake with Kevin Dillon and Shawnee Smith? It's not bad.

Yeah, I have seen the remake. Not too bad, but I just love the McQeen one. So campy but so enjoyable.

The whole extension of hair on Kevin Dillion was terrible. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

"The Bad Batch" with Jason Momoa and Keanu Reeves

The Curse of Frankenstein with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee

Yeah, I have seen the remake. Not too bad, but I just love the McQeen one. So campy but so enjoyable.

The whole extension of hair on Kevin Dillion was terrible. lol

Yeah, he was king mullet in that one.

23 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, he was king mullet in that one.

God the whole movie Jason had no shirt on. That was worth watching for close to two hours. lol

Keanu was not such a nice guy. But still love him.

17 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

The Resident with Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Plays stalker creep way too well lol. 

That movie was so good. I love JDM so I felt bad that he was a crazy stalker. I mean he's so damn hot, how did he not get a real women to love him? lol

• Haha 1

The Gentlemen. Thumbs up. Maybe not on the same level as Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch, feels like I'm missing one in there, but yeah it was good. And any film that can turn Ol Dirty Bastard's Shimmy Shimmy Ya into a kids singalong during a chase scene and make it work has to get some respect :lol:

The Way Back. Kinda thumbs up. A little too slow and sappy for me but the basketball stuff was good.

One Night In Bangkok. Thumbs down. I don't know if they meant to remake Collateral or borrow or copy or what, I mean it's the same movie. Just Collateral was much much better.

On 29/08/2020 at 8:45 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Love with a Proper Stranger with Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood

I love that film!  Kinda burns slow, doesn’t it?  ‘i’ll kill em before I let em lay a hand on you’, I love that line.  You got some good taste in films ;) 

On 8/30/2020 at 5:52 PM, Len Cnut said:

I love that film!  Kinda burns slow, doesn’t it?  ‘i’ll kill em before I let em lay a hand on you’, I love that line.  You got some good taste in films ;) 

I know my mom loved Steve back in the 60's. It's just so sad that both Steve and Natalie are no longer with us. It's a cool love story.

Loved the Italian family following her around. I come from an Italian American family, but I don't think my uncles followed my grandma around like that. lol

But yeah, the older Italian women were very emotional like that. Did not understand how American women had so much freedom. lol I commend the movie for showing how the woman didn't want the man if he didn't love her. Even for that time it was a bold move!

I watched another "hammer" film called The Curse of the Mummy's tomb. Not a bad story about the mummy.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:09 PM, J Dog said:

The Gentlemen. Thumbs up. Maybe not on the same level as Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch, feels like I'm missing one in there, but yeah it was good. And any film that can turn Ol Dirty Bastard's Shimmy Shimmy Ya into a kids singalong during a chase scene and make it work has to get some respect :lol:

The Way Back. Kinda thumbs up. A little too slow and sappy for me but the basketball stuff was good.

One Night In Bangkok. Thumbs down. I don't know if they meant to remake Collateral or borrow or copy or what, I mean it's the same movie. Just Collateral was much much better.

That does look good I have seen all the Guy Richie films except this one. Loved Lock Stock and Snatch was so damn funny. Also another movie with Vinnie Jones about him going to jail for murder but he was a big soccer star. Stathem is in that one too.

The British humor is so out there!

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

The Wife (2017) Glenn Close, Jonathan Pryce.  I stop short of calling it a great movie but the performances by the two leads are fantastic, especially Close.

This has been on cable for a long time, just never watched it. Yeah, Close is amazing. I think she might have been nominated for an Oscar for this role? 

One of my cable channels has one of Chadwick's movies which I think he might have written and acted in. I will try to catch it. Now it'll be sad to watch a movie and know he's dead.

Also Blumhouse's Fantasy Island is on tomorrow. I want to definitely watch it.

Spies in Disguise with Will Smith is on HBO. I will dvr it and watch it with my daughter. It looks so cute.

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This has been on cable for a long time, just never watched it. Yeah, Close is amazing. I think she might have been nominated for an Oscar for this role? 

One of my cable channels has one of Chadwick's movies which I think he might have written and acted in. I will try to catch it. Now it'll be sad to watch a movie and know he's dead.

Also Blumhouse's Fantasy Island is on tomorrow. I want to definitely watch it.

Spies in Disguise with Will Smith is on HBO. I will dvr it and watch it with my daughter. It looks so cute.

Yes, she was and I think she won the Golden Globe for it.

Cool. yeah, so glad older actress are still getting goo acting roles. Sometimes Hollywood isn't kind to older women in great roles. Except maybe for that won in the Mama mia movies. lol Can't think of her name right now. She just annoys me to no end. 

Meryl Streep. lol I finally remembered her. Not a fan even though everyone loves her.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
the name

On 9/1/2020 at 7:13 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

That does look good I have seen all the Guy Richie films except this one. Loved Lock Stock and Snatch was so damn funny. Also another movie with Vinnie Jones about him going to jail for murder but he was a big soccer star. Stathem is in that one too.

The British humor is so out there!

Yeah I wanna see the soccer one. Rock n Rolla is the other one I couldn't remember, that was pretty good too.

8 hours ago, J Dog said:

Yeah I wanna see the soccer one.

Its basically a fuckin' football version of The Longest Yard, ever see that, the Adam Sandler film where he ends up going to prison and making a prison NFL team?  Rock n Rolla got fucking slaughtered by the critics but I loved it myself. 

21 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its basically a fuckin' football version of The Longest Yard, ever see that, the Adam Sandler film where he ends up going to prison and making a prison NFL team?  Rock n Rolla got fucking slaughtered by the critics but I loved it myself. 

I always though that was Burt Reynolds. 

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Wonder why they bashed it so bad? I liked it. I’d say it’s right up there behind the others mentioned.

Ah ok, I might check it out one day. I just sat through a movie that was kind of a copycat like that so I can wait to watch it. I liked the original with Burt a lot more than the Sandler version.

25 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Wonder why they bashed it so bad? I liked it. I’d say it’s right up there behind the others mentioned.

Because the working class people don’t get a lot of respect in this country.  Style over substance perhaps?  I know I always go on about this class shit but...OK, there’s a review of it out there and the entire review is written in a mock working class accent.  Imagine that, imagine someone reviewing Menace II Society in the New York Times goin’ ‘yo, shit was wack yo, word, Hughes Brothers ain’t ready, I’m tellin’ you God, they talk like they went halves on the same GED, trust me, I be feelin’ like they playin’ the audience like some punks’, its literally like that :lol:  And by a respected broadsheet newspaper too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2008/sep/05/thriller

Edited by Len Cnut

51 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Because the working class people don’t get a lot of respect in this country.  Style over substance perhaps?  I know I always go on about this class shit but...OK, there’s a review of it out there and the entire review is written in a mock working class accent.  Imagine that, imagine someone reviewing Menace II Society in the New York Times goin’ ‘yo, shit was wack yo, word, Hughes Brothers ain’t ready, I’m tellin’ you God, they talk like they went halves on the same GED, trust me, I be feelin’ like they playin’ the audience like some punks’, its literally like that :lol:  And by a respected broadsheet newspaper too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2008/sep/05/thriller

Nah I’m with you about the class thing, I’m from true dirt road country, I know all about how them motherfuckers are.

Wow that’s one of the most bitch reviews I think I’ve ever seen. I hate reviews like that, think they’re so cute and clever don’t they? That one kinda takes the cake tho, that’s bad.

I mean it wasn’t groundbreaking and I guess kinda same thingy but it was still entertaining. I could smoke a blunt and watch it right now and enjoy it. I gave The Gentlemen thumbs up, I can see that reviewer saying the same thing about that one too.

• Like 1