"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Giger's stuff was weird stuff, sexual, beautiful yet disturbing. Here is the drawing which inspired the creature,

H.R._Giger_-_Necronom_IV.jpg

Giger’s work was amazing. That’s a helluva bellend on the alien’s head there. :lol: 

19 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I loved watching Svengoolie movies but Metv isn't on my package anymore. It sucks because I love Star Trek and Columbo. But yeah, Night Of The Lepus is a classic. One of those so bad that it's good movies.

Sorry you don't get that channel anymore. I usually watch him every Saturday. I love Sven's comments and then he talks about the actors incase I forget who they are. lol  

Sven has been in his basement since the virus but he's just as funny. Good show to forget about the shit that is going on right now.

• Like 1

Daddy daughter movie night watching Gremlins. Absolute classic and a lot more brutal than I remember it being. Jr. seemed happy enough with it though. :lol: 

3Sn14V8.jpg

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Blob with Kevin Dillion and Shawnee Smith.

This was a good remake. Super gory.

Is the the one from the 80’s or have they remade it again?

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Daddy daughter movie night watching Gremlins. Absolute classic and a lot more brutal than I remember it being. Jr. seemed happy enough with it though. :lol: 

3Sn14V8.jpg

Good choice! I have watched Gremlims since I was like 7. One of my favorite childhood movies lol. 

On 9/14/2020 at 4:48 PM, Len Cnut said:

I was never into that Sci Fi space monster shit.  The only ones I ever really watched were Arnie driven i.e. Total Recall, Predator.  But yeah, I'll give em a go next time I get the chance. 

It isn't your regular ''sci fi space monster shit''. It is basically a very atmospheric horror film, propelled by Giger's disturbing ''rapey'' creature. It is very slow-paced (2001-esque) and Ridley's aesthetics are incredible, as is Goldsmith's score. 

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It isn't your regular ''sci fi space monster shit''. It is basically a very atmospheric horror film, propelled by Giger's disturbing ''rapey'' creature. It is very slow-paced (2001-esque) and Ridley's aesthetics are incredible, as is Goldsmith's score. 

I think I tried to watch the first one a very long time ago but like...for one reason or another I never got much into it, didn't even finish it.  I was very young though.

Sugar Mountain

Inheritance with Simon Pegg

What a good mystery movie! Didn't see some stuff coming, but it was a wild ride!

20 hours ago, Dazey said:

3Sn14V8.jpg

This one was from the 80's. I don't think they made any more Blobs, but who knows?

I still like the original one with Steven McQueen. it's just so campy but it's still good to watch it.

Love Gremlins and Gremlins 2. Both were equally as good movies.

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This one was from the 80's. I don't think they made any more Blobs, but who knows?

I didn't think that they'd made any more but I didn't think Shawnee Smith would have been old enough in the 80's to be in it. Apparently she's in her 50's. Damn I feel old. :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

I didn't think that they'd made any more but I didn't think Shawnee Smith would have been old enough in the 80's to be in it. Apparently she's in her 50's. Damn I feel old. :lol: 

Yeah, Shawnee was very young. Then she went on to the the Saw movies. There will be another "saw" movie coming on soon called Spiral. Doesn't look like it ends well for any of the characters. Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Rock are in this one. Not sure who's left to be the killer anymore? I got confused after the last one when Cary came back and Mandalor. I was confused who the killer was after awhile.

16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

"The Witch" with the goat. lol Never did see it. Thought it was pretty good.

The House next to a Cemetery It was from 1981 and made in Italy. If you've ever seen a horror movie made in Italy, you know exactly how this one goes. lol Not bad.

The Witch is good - excellent ending - but Lucio Fulci? Now you are talking my language. The king of tasteless Italian splatter films. Have a look at,

- Zombi 2 (1979). Probably the best Zombie film not made by Romero. You will also find this film under the name Zombie Flesh Eaters.

- The Beyond (1981)

Edited by DieselDaisy

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Witch is good - excellent ending - but Lucio Fulci? Now you are talking my language. The king of tasteless Italian splatter films. Have a look at,

- Zombi 2 (1979). Probably the best Zombie film not made by Romero. You will also find this film under the name Zombie Flesh Eaters.

- The Beyond (1981)

I know I've seen many Italian splatter movies. At least this one actually had dark red blood and not that tomato looking blood. lol

When George Romero would come to Dallas for the horror conventions, his line would be out the door. He was so loved by all his fans.

My mom saw the original Night of the Living Dead when she was 16. She couldn't eat meat for a week. It made her so scared. She's since then seen every zombie movie ever made. lol

Romero was a genius and ahead of his time. He is very much missed.

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know I've seen many Italian splatter movies. At least this one actually had dark red blood and not that tomato looking blood. lol

When George Romero would come to Dallas for the horror conventions, his line would be out the door. He was so loved by all his fans.

My mom saw the original Night of the Living Dead when she was 16. She couldn't eat meat for a week. It made her so scared. She's since then seen every zombie movie ever made. lol

Romero was a genius and ahead of his time. He is very much missed.

I did see The Beyond too. Confusing to me. lol Crazy Italians. I can say that since my family came from Sicily.

What a cutie! So glad you got someone to see amazing movies with. I love taking my daughter to movies or just watching classic movies on tv. She loves the same horror movies I watched as a kid and some of them my mom watched too. She loves "Abbott and Costello meets Frankenstein" And March of the Wooden Soldiers! My mom tells her how old these movies are and how she wasn't even born yet, but learned to love them watching them with her dad.

My uncle takes his son, who's now 25 to concerts too. It's fun to share things with your kids especially movies and concerts we love.

• Like 1