Steven & Deanna Adler Reddit AMA - January 26th

I would love a one off show at least with the original 5   Pay izzy and Steven a fair price 

I would also love a giant show where not only do the original 5 play. But then brain bucket robin and tommy come out after and play a few cd songs.  

Then after that we get a couple of new songs played live by this current line up 

then to end the show we get a huge jam with everyone on stage 

would make a great show and great blue ray and a great way for the band to show some appreciation to past members and fans.  

It will never happen though 

cause paying Richard and frank is cheap and bringing in all those other guys would cost and I can't see anyone of these guys giving up anything   Or they alreadys would have 

On 28/1/2017 at 10:14 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

Devaluing what brand? He has totally removed himself from the public eye for 25 years. And don't get me wrong- I totally respect that. Izzy gonna do what Izzy gonna do and that's cool. He doesn't even tour his solo stuff, or even keep together an actual backing band. Nothing but stuff he puts out almost as a hobby.

But then for him to suddenly decide he wants to be a rock star again, and that they should cut him in at an equal amount, simply because he wrote or co wrote a lot of the songs, doesn't add up. 

Does he fuckin hate being a rock star or not? I can't blame the other 3 for being confused on that point. 

Well we don't know the whole story, but if Izzy came back and demanded an equal share for equal work  and was denied, then the "Big 3" just became money whores.

Axl wasn't reliable either until now,

Slash and Duff didn't promote the brand,unless you consider puting out solo albums counts. Don't forget that Slash probably blocked the House of Blues release,not a great way of helping promote the brand is it ?

The three that remained in the partnership didn't do shit to promote the brand,Axl touring with the Guns monicker probably counts, but how much attention did the band get during this time with the Chinese Democracy drama?

Steven had a serious problem for years with his addiction,but if Axl could make ammends with slash and be on the stage with him and in time , I am betting my money Steven can change too. I don't think he lacks the skills for the whole show. I mean that's the job of a drummer to play drums. Frank isn't the best in the world, but if he can do it so does Steven.

Now if Izzy just wanted to come for like 2 shows or a couple of songs every night and demand equal pay - which sounds really naive- then the "Big 3" were right to deny him that

I hope we see the AFD 5 this year - I don't mind Dizzy, besides the keyboards are needed for UYI and CD songs, if they play some) 

My two cents :)

• Like 1

On 1/27/2017 at 0:16 AM, downzy said:

I don't really understand why people are all that surprised why Axl, Slash and Duff decided to omit Steven and Izzy from the current tour.  In Steven's case, he's never really demonstrated the personal discipline to handle the spotlight and excesses of such a tour.  With Izzy, I suppose the calculation there is whether he'd stay interested in touring as extensively as Axl, Slash, and Duff.  We're talking about potentially hundreds of millions of dollars.  If you were in Axl, Slash or Duff's shoes, would you want to gamble on a couple of variables like Izzy's wayward commitment or Steven's personal battles and demons?  

I'm not saying this as a GNR apologist.  I would love to see the original (sorry, classic) lineup tour.  But from a business and personal perspective, I understand why the band looks the way it does.  

This is also a band that gives a little but not necessarily everything.  In that sense, it's kind of like a drug, where you get the fix you need, only to want more sooner than anticipated.  Look at setlist demands and/or personal changes.  They finally add Estranged and Civil War, then people want songs like Coma and other material from UYI.  They finally do that and now we complain about stale setlists (not that it's not a valid complaint, but only if you're going to more than two or more shows personally).  GNR fans dreamed of a unification between Axl and Slash thinking it would never happen.  It finally does and a year later most want Izzy and Steven.  Again, not that none of that wouldn't be great and no one is wrong for wanting that.  But it's an interesting dynamic where the band delivers in some respects and subsequently the fans move the goal posts.  

Well said and pretty much close to what I was going to type.

People seem to forget that they have their own reasons for things. 

I remember around when the reunion was rumored Steven was giving interviews on radio shows saying Slash won't speak to him and how Duff thinks he sucks as a drummer even.

Of course everyone is quick to act like Axl must always be to blame forgetting Stevens own words. Slash may actually worry about Stevens sobriety you know and with good reason. 

Keeping his comments on Duff in mind before think about Steven constantly posting videos proving he can drum a song. 

Again people also think its fine to just fire guys who have stood by your side for years. 

As far as Izzy goes he hasn't shown any reasons why he deserves an equal share of the loot and chose to leave the partnership years ago receiving money as his choice to buy out of it He sold his shares. He can't expect to walk in and want equal share now irregardless of if people feel Slash and Duff get it why not Izzy. Izzy has been fickle about things and they can't put a whole tour in jeopardy if Izzy decides he doesn't want to play or Steven has sobriety issues.

I'm happy Steven seems to be clean and would love to see him with GnR and Izzy but I too understand the business aspect and also that these has possible personal issues too. As fans we have to get over that. Its their lives. They lived it.

• Like 3

Also I think the promoters have a say. It was a certain amount for Axl and Slash. I think there are also legal details like tour insurance. With Izzy who quit a tour and Adler being on celebrity rehab, maybe these costs were high too. Once you set up the AFD5 tour people expect that. You changed or alerted them to certain line up. 4 shows in Adler hurts his back. Sure he did! Media jumps on it "GNR reunion tour goes down in flames after 4 shows/Adler in Rehab!!!" Etc. People stop buying tickets as much "This isn't the real GNR" "I saw the real GNR" etc. Same goes for Izzy quits mid tour to go dirt biking in the Sahara. GNR reunion in turmoil as Axl Rose brings show to a halt to re-introduce Richard Fortus as replacement for classic line up guitarist Izzy Stradlin. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1