The whining thread

john lennon

This is not good. Mom is 86 and just found out she may be losing her eyesight and is having issues with her balance. We were going grocery shopping today, but she just came in here in tears saying she doesn't think she can go, which is fine, that's why I moved in here to help her. But she is terrified of not being able to do what she wants. It's so heartbreaking to see her like this. :nervous:

7 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

This is not good. Mom is 86 and just found out she may be losing her eyesight and is having issues with her balance. We were going grocery shopping today, but she just came in here in tears saying she doesn't think she can go, which is fine, that's why I moved in here to help her. But she is terrified of not being able to do what she wants. It's so heartbreaking to see her like this. :nervous:

OMG i am so sorry! when my dad was in his early 50's he lost an eye to cancer and everyone in my family has bad eyesight. prayers for your mom and you...

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

OMG i am so sorry! when my dad was in his early 50's he lost an eye to cancer and everyone in my family has bad eyesight. prayers for your mom and you...

Thanks. She has wet macular degeneration. They are doing monthly shots to try to slow it down but it's incurable. She also has thyroid and high blood pressure problems. She is tired all the time but having trouble sleeping so they gave her some sleeping pills. She keeps crying, she wants to be her old self and is having a hard time being told to slow up. She fell last year on the day we buried my Dad and broke her arm and also had fallen on the driveway a month before and busted her head open before I moved here. It's tough dealing with it all. :wacko:

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Thanks. She has wet macular degeneration. They are doing monthly shots to try to slow it down but it's incurable. She also has thyroid and high blood pressure problems. She is tired all the time but having trouble sleeping so they gave her some sleeping pills. She keeps crying, she wants to be her old self and is having a hard time being told to slow up. She fell last year on the day we buried my Dad and broke her arm and also had fallen on the driveway a month before and busted her head open before I moved here. It's tough dealing with it all. :wacko:

that is just awful. the cancer my dad had was weird...he was cleared of the cancer when he had the eye removed but when he was like 78 he developed liver cancer that was connected to the eye cancer. like 20 years later! he had just moved to Arizona cos he had emphysema and needed the dry air. he and my horrid stepmom got into like a retirement place where they had their own really nice condo and he only lasted a year. i felt awful cos i only got to see him once before he passed; i had also just moved and had a new job and though they were understanding they could only give me three days. i still feel so guilty...

I know what you mean, I was closest to my Dad, but had left here thirty years ago and lived in Virginia, California, Arizona and Missouri during those years. My dad went in the hospital on Christmas eve 2014, Mom called me on New Year's eve that year to come home. I was able to get here late on Jan 5th and see him but he died the next day. I think he was waiting to see me one last time, he was bad off when I got to the hospital and died three hours after we left the hospital. 

8 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I know what you mean, I was closest to my Dad, but had left here thirty years ago and lived in Virginia, California, Arizona and Missouri during those years. My dad went in the hospital on Christmas eve 2014, Mom called me on New Year's eve that year to come home. I was able to get here late on Jan 5th and see him but he died the next day. I think he was waiting to see me one last time, he was bad off when I got to the hospital and died three hours after we left the hospital. 

i was actually closer to my mom, my dad had...issues. my mom passed from brain cancer when she was 47. but as the time passed my dad and i kinda had a truce. i have had my mom, dad, and a cousin die from cancer ( my cousin even died from brain cancer too. ) so i have always thought my odds of dying from it were pretty high. but then i got sepis and have  now have about 20% kidney function...life is just sooooo weird :/

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i was actually closer to my mom, my dad had...issues. my mom passed from brain cancer when she was 47. but as the time passed my dad and i kinda had a truce. i have had my mom, dad, and a cousin die from cancer ( my cousin even died from brain cancer too. ) so i have always thought my odds of dying from it were pretty high. but then i got sepis and have  now have about 20% kidney function...life is just sooooo weird :/

***hugs**** :hug:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

My grandma has macular degeneration - I cannot remember if it is the wet or dry variant.

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

How far has it advanced?

It is very long and protracted. The reading went quickly but since then it has been a very slow decline. Right now she has enough sight to walk around. She can make a cup of tea and heat a meal in the microwave.

There is a lot of cutting edge science on macular degeneration - most of it in America. I was told by an optician that they will have cured it by the time I get old (I'm in my mid thirties).

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is very long and protracted. The reading went quickly but since then it has been a very slow decline. Right now she has enough sight to walk around. She can make a cup of tea and heat a meal in the microwave.

There is a lot of cutting edge science on macular degeneration - most of it in America. I was told by an optician that they will have cured it by the time I get old (I'm in my mid thirties).

I hope so. It scares me that I could get it someday too. I'm over 50 so I hope they figure out soon, just in case. ;)

I keep accidentally offending my boyfriend all the time and I don't know what to do about it. I'm so used to just being able to be a bitch to people and that they won't take it personally because they know I'm just fucking with them, right? Doesn't work with him. Fuck, I sometimes feel like I'm walking on eggshells cos I love him and I don't want to hurt him, it's just that? I don't know any other way to be than being a fucking bitch. Everybody knows that, and everybody's fine with it, because they know that 99% of the time I don't mean a word of what I'm saying and that it's just me being me, and I've never ever before encountered a person who takes me seriously like that. It's like a friend of mine once told me, right? She said "When people don't like you, it's because they haven't yet realized that 99% of the time, you're just fucking with their heads and you don't really mean a word that comes out of you, you're only doing it for the hell of it" when her boyfriend started questioning me about why I had something against him. Ha. Fuck me in the ass with a cactus, someone. Oh wait, no, don't. Please don't. 

• Like 1

On 27.1.2017 at 9:46 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

imma whine about people who only address what they want to and ignore the hard questions i.e. the ones they can't twist around to make them not look bad. man up dude..i mean for real! smh...

I know those people, I asked someone the same question 3 times, no answer. Just shows that they know they are wrong but don't want to admit it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, john lennon said:

Ha. Fuck me in the ass with a cactus, someone. Oh wait, no, don't. Please don't. 

That sounds painful :rofl-lol:

I do understand what you're saying though, I have a weird sense of humor and my soon to be ex used to get upset when I would say things, I always told him to just get over it. :ph34r:

On 1/27/2017 at 0:59 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Im sick of getting migraines. I take medication to stop them but it's stopped working and now I get them at least twice a week. 

oh no those are awful! do you take the meds just when they occur or have you tried the preventive ones? :(

6 hours ago, Zurimor said:

I know those people, I asked someone the same question 3 times, no answer. Just shows that they know they are wrong but don't want to admit it.

yep! totally agree with you :facepalm:

My son's girlfriend is a fuckin' idiot. I asked him to get her to sends me some new pics of him. She just posted two on Facebook, she obviously didn't look at what she posted...one is fine but does she really think his mom wants to see a pic of him holding his dick??? Omg...I need to clear that image from my head :scared: I sent her a message telling her to take it down now...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, john lennon said:

I keep accidentally offending my boyfriend all the time and I don't know what to do about it. I'm so used to just being able to be a bitch to people and that they won't take it personally because they know I'm just fucking with them, right? Doesn't work with him. Fuck, I sometimes feel like I'm walking on eggshells cos I love him and I don't want to hurt him, it's just that? I don't know any other way to be than being a fucking bitch. Everybody knows that, and everybody's fine with it, because they know that 99% of the time I don't mean a word of what I'm saying and that it's just me being me, and I've never ever before encountered a person who takes me seriously like that. It's like a friend of mine once told me, right? She said "When people don't like you, it's because they haven't yet realized that 99% of the time, you're just fucking with their heads and you don't really mean a word that comes out of you, you're only doing it for the hell of it" when her boyfriend started questioning me about why I had something against him. Ha. Fuck me in the ass with a cactus, someone. Oh wait, no, don't. Please don't. 

Have you tried to not be such a bitch? I'm not saying that you should try and change who you are, but if your boyfriend means that much to you it may be worth taking the time to consider his feelings more before unleashing your inner bitch.

Edited by PappyTron

30 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

My son's girlfriend is a fuckin' idiot. I asked him to get her to sends me some new pics of him. She just posted two on Facebook, she obviously didn't look at what she posted...one is fine but does she really think his mom wants to see a pic of him holding his dick??? Omg...I need to clear that image from my head :scared: I sent her a message telling her to take it down now...

She just texted me saying she didn't know she posted that and she hoped her boss didn't see it.....

My reply : I wish I didn't either

Smh :facepalm:

• Like 1

that must suck! my older brother always picked the worst gfs. one told my mom that she'd been in a water skiing accident and the boat motor ran over her legs and she had to have them amputated...a total lie as it turned out, she was a psycho :facepalm: and one that he ended up marrying  divorced him after 2 months cos my brother joined the air force and wasn't at her beck and call all the time. another, whom he also married, well i don't want to speak ill of the dead but she was pretty bad as well...

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that must suck! my older brother always picked the worst gfs. one told my mom that she'd been in a water skiing accident and the boat motor ran over her legs and she had to have them amputated...a total lie as it turned out, she was a psycho :facepalm: and one that he ended up marrying  divorced him after 2 months cos my brother joined the air force and wasn't at her beck and call all the time. another, whom he also married, well i don't want to speak ill of the dead but she was pretty bad as well...

This one started dating him when he was 21, she is ten years older and has a daughter around 20 plus two more teenagers that she has never had custody of....wishing she would go away. He is good looking and could do much better, but its not my place to choose who he loves...

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

This one started dating him when he was 21, she is ten years older and has a daughter around 20 plus two more teenagers that she has never had custody of....wishing she would go away. He is good looking and could do much better, but its not my place to choose who he loves...

i'd just pray he comes to his senses. she sounds like trouble!