The whining thread

john lennon

@AslatIE suggestion , do not do what you think your family wants , take a page out of Freddie Mercury's playbook and live the life that you find meaningful. And help others, nothing better than seeing someone do well or overcome something. 

Listen, watch and take in the lyrics 

• Like 1

@AslatIE

Hey man, you're NOT a disappointment. You're a wonderful human being who is worthy of love and respect. Don't spend your life trying to live up to other people's expectations. If you do that, you'll drive yourself mad. Just focus on yourself and making yourself happy. 

I've been in that situation several times. Shoot me a PM if you ever need to talk. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I love winter! It's dark and dreary most of the time and it's cold and best of all, it snows! Plus, y'know, Christmas and stuff.

True .....Christmas is when I really appreciate the snow and beauty of the mountains up here. But back to whining..the lack of sun makes me sleepy lol! 😛

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm forever dreaming of a white Christmas. I wish it would snow here.

I'll send some to you goat!  :lol: 

8 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I'm worthless to everything and everyone. I'm a disappointement to my family and the ones whom I love. I wish what I do makes them proud, as it is all I have to offer to this world. Maybe I shouldn't even exist, maybe I'm just a mistake.

It will pass, things get better. It's also the shitty time of year. Funny how others here complain about the darkness and the snow. They know nothing, right? But the light will return and all will be good.

Today my grandparents and aunt have invited themselves over - very out of the blue - for a cup of tea. They don't want lunch, and they purposefully picked a time when my husband will be at work. It's also as if I don't have work to do (I'm convinced that they think I don't work because I'm self-employed). It's just rude. I'm also a full 8 months pregnant now, and it's miraculous if I get out of the couch without groaning. I'd really rather not have to make four cups of tea and smile for an hour. I'm in constant discomfort. I don't know why they're visiting. My other grandma died last week, and she made a point of not telling them she was unwell. So I suspect that they're coming over to mine for the gossip on that. (I'm hormonal and grieving). I suspect they want to see me heavily pregnant, like I'm an animal at the zoo. (The last time they visited I had to be very clear that my grandma couldn't touch my bump). 

I've been stressing about this since the announcement came through that they'd be visiting. I'm more irritated that they invited themselves and didn't consider my work situation. :max:

2 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Today my grandparents and aunt have invited themselves over - very out of the blue - for a cup of tea. They don't want lunch, and they purposefully picked a time when my husband will be at work. It's also as if I don't have work to do (I'm convinced that they think I don't work because I'm self-employed). It's just rude. I'm also a full 8 months pregnant now, and it's miraculous if I get out of the couch without groaning. I'd really rather not have to make four cups of tea and smile for an hour. I'm in constant discomfort. I don't know why they're visiting. My other grandma died last week, and she made a point of not telling them she was unwell. So I suspect that they're coming over to mine for the gossip on that. (I'm hormonal and grieving). I suspect they want to see me heavily pregnant, like I'm an animal at the zoo. (The last time they visited I had to be very clear that my grandma couldn't touch my bump). 

I've been stressing about this since the announcement came through that they'd be visiting. I'm more irritated that they invited themselves and didn't consider my work situation. :max:

Get used to it. People think you are just sitting around at home when you're self-employed.

If it's just for a cup of tea, hopefully they won't be long :) If you're hormonal, try to stay calm, or they'll stay longer or come back to see if you're doing any better :P

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

Christ Almighty girl, its only a cup of tea and a chat, no ones asked you to run the Krypton Factor.  Birds today eh, i ask ya *tut tut* :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Gosh, I feel ya!!! There's nothing like a hormonal, heavily pregnant woman feeling irritated. lol. We never spoke but I happend to read that and I probably know exactly what you feel like. Being emotional while being pregnant is definitely the high end of being hormonal and it is no fun. I know! Never been so easily irritable and becoming slightly aggressive in an instant over cups of tea. :) I'm not mocking you, honestly! Doing something you don't feel like doing while being pregnant is impossible. So what can I say? Either tell them you're working and don't have the time (same as if you were in some office etc. etc.) or just breathe. You should be practicing that every day by now anyway. Good luck, girl, with everything. :heart:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It will pass, things get better. It's also the shitty time of year. Funny how others here complain about the darkness and the snow. They know nothing, right? But the light will return and all will be good.

Oddly enough it's my favorite time of the year, dark outside and cold, I love it. Not because of some depressive agenda, but I just always make a lot of great memories with friends during skábma

• Like 1

@Lio @Len Cnut @Tori72 

It actually went ok in the end. Still don't know why they insisted it being a Tuesday… and they decided they wanted lunch afterall so brought a loaf of bread, butter and sandwich filler. They also brought an overwhelming amount of baby gifts which was nice. 

The stress comes from my grandma being a very intense person. She's an oversharer and really into her gossip. If she wants something she has a way of persuasion.

Obviously wasn't worth worrying about. I got really cranky about it all last night as I was in a lot of pain. Thanks for the listen, I should know not to worry so much! :lol:

• Like 1

It actually went ok in the end. Still don't know why they insisted it being a Tuesday… and they decided they wanted lunch afterall so brought a loaf of bread, butter and sandwich filler. They also brought an overwhelming amount of baby gifts which was nice. 

See?  Now was that anything to be getting all wound up about? :lol:

The stress comes from my grandma being a very intense person. She's an oversharer and really into her gossip. If she wants something she has a way of persuasion.

Look at it this way, she's an old dear, what harm can she do you, its just all talk innit, harmless gossipey old lady talk, this stuff has as much power and you allow it to have dearie.

Why do i suddenly become Uncle Len sometimes out of the blue, its quite unbecoming, isn't it? :lol:  'dont open the door', what a bunch of weird fuckers some of you are, is that an actual thing, someone knocks on your door and you just hide inside like they're gonna bite you or something? :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Because Gracii is cute lol.

And yes, you would bite us all if you got the chance, better safe than sorryyyyyy. *peeps through my curtains at the mailman and hisses loudly at them*

Perhaps its just a hang up of mine but I could never do that, it feels like hiding or something.  Which I suppose could be better than answering the door to tell them to fuck off...still though! 

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Lmfao it is Maori and I'm white, you dark devil! :lol:

It really is funny how that's shaped your image of me. That was an extreme example where I was looking out for my mama. But I'm not like some brawler who goes around beating people up or whatever, I'm a bit of an introspective pussy tbh 

I'm just hanging onto it to annoy you now :lol: 

And now I'm legit crying because I had zero money before and I wanted to see Guns in Gbg and now I have money but they're all sold out. If anyone's selling anytime, please hit me up, because I gotta see them, you know? I forgot I liked them so much. Saw them this summer, but I couldn't see anything but Slash and I've already seen Slash so I don't know if the rest of them are even real. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Using a computer finally and uh, where are Izzy and Adler at the top of the page? So the lady that Axl enrolled into the circus last year, who stabs one key with maniacal frenzy pretending she is Beethoven working out a score, and the guy who cant keep rhythm, have photos in the banner but 2 real members don't?

Guess it matches the celebration of CD at the top as well but it really isn't kind to keep on gassing the guy up over some hunk of racist/fash , overproduced shit that went way further than one in a million could ever hope to. God, the dude was desperate for controversy and attention when he came up with that hare brained idea, only it flopped because no one even noticed, anti-China dribble was business as usual to them:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: What album title is next for Axl, "Muslims are Bad"? That will really go against the grain in the West and stir things up:rofl-lol:

Edited by Pishy