The whining thread

john lennon

3 hours ago, soon said:

At least its dark and dreary, just the way you like! j/k

But serisouly, I hope you will get some down time.  Will you get to take off any full days in a row away from work and school over holidays?  

I get today through Monday off from school, and I only have one shift at work next week. I really lucked out in that regard, I suppose

36 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I get today through Monday off from school, and I only have one shift at work next week. I really lucked out in that regard, I suppose

Nice.  Im sure you'll still be plenty busy with school work, but hopefully will be able take advantage of some slower pace before youre back to the grind

• Like 1

Why the fuck should I even try anymore? This year has kicked my ass and stabbed me in the head. I met a wonderful girl in July, we dated for three months, and she left me at the end of October. I've been depressed all year and can't go to family gatherings without feeling out of place. 

I worked up the stones to try again with college and now I'm pretty sure I'm about to fail the semester. The only family I have in town is my sister and we barely talk anymore because she's engaged and is busy with that. It's not her fault, but it still makes me feel even worse. My whole world has changed so much in the last year and I feel like there's no room for me anymore in the lives of those that are close to me.

On top of that, my best friend is in Japan with the Marines and we still talk daily but it's just not the same when I don't have that friend in town that I can hit up and go hang out with whenever I want. 

I've seriously been considering moving to a bigger city in the midwest just for a fresh start. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I'm only 20 and that I'm always scared to take that leap of faith. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

5 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Care to elaborate? Not disagreeing, btw. Genuinely curious

Just a general feeling of being a misfit and inadequacy. 

I stress about seeing her side of the family.

Then the question becomes can I see my side of the family? How does work tie in?

I generally just say fuck it, have panic attacks and drown my anxieties in beer.

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Just a general feeling of being a misfit and inadequacy.

Same here. I usually feel out of place because literally half of my immediate family is in relationships and half of my step family as well. I can't go to a family gathering without being reminded that I'm alone and it gets really depressing sometimes. 

And I work retail, so I kind of hate the holidays too. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Same here. I usually feel out of place because literally half of my immediate family is in relationships and half of my step family as well. I can't go to a family gathering without being reminded that I'm alone and it gets really depressing sometimes. 

And I work retail, so I kind of hate the holidays too. 

The weather being shit these months doesn't help very much either.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2017 at 2:15 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Why the fuck should I even try anymore? This year has kicked my ass and stabbed me in the head. I met a wonderful girl in July, we dated for three months, and she left me at the end of October. I've been depressed all year and can't go to family gatherings without feeling out of place. 

I worked up the stones to try again with college and now I'm pretty sure I'm about to fail the semester. The only family I have in town is my sister and we barely talk anymore because she's engaged and is busy with that. It's not her fault, but it still makes me feel even worse. My whole world has changed so much in the last year and I feel like there's no room for me anymore in the lives of those that are close to me.

On top of that, my best friend is in Japan with the Marines and we still talk daily but it's just not the same when I don't have that friend in town that I can hit up and go hang out with whenever I want. 

I've seriously been considering moving to a bigger city in the midwest just for a fresh start. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I'm only 20 and that I'm always scared to take that leap of faith. 

Yknow, substantially speaking theres not a lot thats wrong here fella, your friends outta town, family are a bit far and some birds given you the elbow, alright not an ideal launch pad for a good time but more than work-with-able, as long as you can work and theres money comin’ in all of the above in repairable or deal-with-able.

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

It's a weird weather day here too...it warmed up a ton and rained. In Alaska. In December. Not the first time it has happened but always odd when it does.

It warmed up here, stormed good for about 30 minutes and then the temp dropped down to 28° with a 10° wind chill. A weird day indeed.

• Like 1

I screwed up some of the Christmas food!  AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Seafood sauce/ cocktail sauce for shrimp: I forgot to get lemons so it was a bit thick and lacking a key flavour

Ravioli:  Was under cooked on the crimped parts where the two sheets of pasta come together - too thick at those points.  Honestly I tasted flour in one or two bites, but I served myself the thickest ones.

Ravioli: Meant to use thyme-forward tomato sauce, but accidentally used basil-forward which threw off pairings 

Cheese sticks/ cheesies: Somehow under seasoned despite using salt, smoked salt, aged cheddar and parm.  

Boxty's:  Grocer sent me heirloom garlic instead of my order.  Was so present it even overshadowed the asiago.  And these were otherwise the best I ever made - crispy, golden outside and the fluffiest of insides.

Everything else:  Amazing.  Especially my beer.  It seems beer was good enough that people arent noticing the food errors :lol:

Also: my downstairs neighbour is on their 3rd fish fry in 2 days.  Its a bit much at this point.  Seriously: who does that?

Edited by soon

I need some help here. Ever since my semester ended a few weeks back my sleep schedule has gotten fucked up. I'm going to bed at a reasonable hour (10:30ish) but since I don't have to be up for anything, I end up sleeping until 11AM or sometimes even noon. I'd get up if I had something to do with my free time. Video games don't hold my attention anymore. 

So, besides working and going outside (5°F is the warmest it's been all week), what do you guys do when you have too much time on your hands?

TLDR- my sleep schedule is screwed up and I'm sleeping my days away because I don't have anything to do with my free time

Edited by Gibson_Guy87