The whining thread

john lennon

On 6/26/2019 at 9:02 AM, EvanG said:

I'm pretty sure he died in 1980.

I haven't seen @soon around anymore, though. Hope he didn't have a bad trip on weed or something, now that they've legalized it in his country.

Hey man, only saw this now. Thanks for the shout out! The weeds I was tripping on in June were those in my garden - a jungle of weeds! Only now, half way through July is my gardens weed free. 

And we had heat into the 40s too. Brutal in the fields! It broke just this morning and now I’m shivering as I sip my morning coffee. I guess I got used to the extreme heat. I’m seriously cold but it’s normal summer weather!!

stay cool! It’s your natural state :) 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, Len Cnut said:

There is literally no trip though, you smoke, you buzz for a couple of hours...then its done.  And I've smoked some pretty lethal shit. 

Agreed about smoking but with edibles I’ve had some highs that just don’t compare to smoking/vaping.

like a mushroom buzz or being in “body lock” like salvia. Only once or twice though.

2 hours ago, soon said:

Hey man, only saw this now. Thanks for the shout out! The weeds I was tripping on in June were those in my garden - a jungle of weeds! Only now, half way through July is my gardens weed free. 

And we had heat into the 40s too. Brutal in the fields! It broke just this morning and now I’m shivering as I sip my morning coffee. I guess I got used to the extreme heat. I’m seriously cold but it’s normal summer weather!!

stay cool! It’s your natural state :) 

I've read about the recent heatwave in North America. We had a heatwave at the end of June, but then the weather changed and for the past three weeks it's been lovely. Perfect summer weather. Temperatures between 20 and 25 degrees and plenty of sunshine. If we had summers like that for three months straight I would love summer, just like I did when I was a kid and heatwaves didn't occur half as often as they do now. But times are changing. 

The record is currently 38,6°C but it will probably be broken this week. At least summer is half over already!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

I've read about the recent heatwave in North America. We had a heatwave at the end of June, but then the weather changed and for the past three weeks it's been lovely. Perfect summer weather. Temperatures between 20 and 25 degrees and plenty of sunshine. If we had summers like that for three months straight I would love summer, just like I did when I was a kid and heatwaves didn't occur half as often as they do now. But times are changing. 

The record is currently 38,6°C but it will probably be broken this week. At least summer is half over already!

The NA heatwave started with us in Alaska, around the first week of July. Our normal summer temps are around 60- 65* F but on July 4th for instance we hit 90* and since we are Alaskans, we obviously don't have AC in our homes. It was basically a living HELL literally for 2 weeks. Our pets suffered, a lot of the grass and trees died and we also got a shit ton of forest fires burning too, so it really felt like in inferno. Miserable....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

The NA heatwave started with us in Alaska, around the first week of July. Our normal summer temps are around 60- 65* F but on July 4th for instance we hit 90* and since we are Alaskans, we obviously don't have AC in our homes. It was basically a living HELL literally for 2 weeks. Our pets suffered, a lot of the grass and trees died and we also got a shit ton of forest fires burning too, so it really felt like in inferno. Miserable....

Most people here don't have AC in their homes either, our summers are supposed to be mild, but it's changing more and more into a mediterranean climate over here. People here used to go to the south of Europe during their summer vacation for the heat and sunshine, nowadays they can just as well stay home, because it's already unbearable here, let alone over there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Most people here don't have AC in their homes either, our summers are supposed to be mild, but it's changing more and more into a mediterranean climate over here. People here used to go to the south of Europe during their summer vacation for the heat and sunshine, nowadays they can just as well stay home, because it's already unbearable here, let alone over there. 

True....but our homes since we are so far up north are extremely insulated to keep out the cold during the winter. So there is no escape for the heat. None.

And we have like 19 hours of daylight so it actually gets hottest around 6 or 7 pm and doesn't cool down till 2 am. I think this will become our new normal and its sad because the glaciers are melting and everything in this beautiful state will be affected. :(

But I feel ya, the heat SUCKS!!!! :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

True....but our homes since we are so far up north are extremely insulated to keep out the cold during the winter. So there is no escape for the heat. None.

And we have like 19 hours of daylight so it actually gets hottest around 6 or 7 pm and doesn't cool down till 2 am. I think this will become our new normal and its sad because the glaciers are melting and everything in this beautiful state will be affected. :(

But I feel ya, the heat SUCKS!!!! :thumbsdown:

I couldn't agree more. And yeah, that's another thing that I hate about the heat over here... it doesn't cool down most of the time in the night. In some places it gets really hot but at night it cools down so you don't have those sweaty, terrible nights where you can't sleep at all. Here the temperature is often still higher than 20 degrees (70℉) in the night... good luck trying to get some sleep!

Edited by EvanG
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, soon said:

@EvanG @marlingrl03 You ever try keeping fresh socks and t-shirts in the fridge/freezer? It can be very refreshing when you get changed!

I don't wear socks at all when it's this warm! And when I'm home I don't wear t-shirts with those temperatures, just some shorts. I look quite sexy.

Anyway, at home the only options I have is using my fans, but that doesn't help a lot when it's over 35 degrees, and using a lot of ice cubes. I've heard that taking cold showers while it's so hot is actually bad for your body temperature, yet it's so refreshing, but then when you step out of the shower it's like you get punched in the face by the heat immediately.

Edited by EvanG

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't wear socks at all when it's this warm! And when I'm home I don't wear t-shirts with those temperatures, just some shorts. I look quite sexy.

Haha! Fair enough about the socks! But when you put on clothes to leave home.

Work those shorts!

22 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Anyway, at home the only options I have is using my fans, but that doesn't help a lot when it's over 35 degrees, and using a lot of ice cubes. I've heard that taking cold showers while it's so hot is actually bad for your body temperature, yet it's so refreshing, but then when you step out of the shower it's like you get punched in the face by the heat immediately.

I just have fans too. But I'm getting an AC, asap. I cant figure out the shower thing, I feel just as hot and messy minutes after both a cold or hot shower! I've been carrying wet naps :ph34r: :facepalm: - a "Dwyer shower" if you know the TV show Parks and Rec! :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's apparently 4C here right now. I'd visit NZ or somewhere else cold if I were you. 

Aussie will become uninhabitable. Like 50C+ so will ironically(since they're so xenophobic etc) migrate here. It's already happening. I'm gonna have to build a wall.

There are a lot here also. For being a country drenched in national arrogance, Australians certainly don't like to stay in Australia for very long.

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's apparently 4C here right now. I'd visit NZ or somewhere else cold if I were you. 

I would love to. The weather this month is crazy, three weeks ago the temperature hit -1,6 below zero in the night, that is crazy for July and rarely happens here, now they are expecting 40 degrees later this week for the first time ever.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Glorious cricketing weather. Let it continue. 

Sure, it doesn't even get above 30 there, I would be one happy camper if I lived in Northern England right about now.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I would love to. The weather this month is crazy, three weeks ago the temperature hit -1,6 below zero in the night, that is crazy for July and rarely happens here, now they are expecting 40 degrees later this week for the first time ever.

Sure, it doesn't even get above 30 there, I would be one happy camper if I lived in Northern England right about now.

During last year's heat wave it was reaching about 34 down south. I was at Cheltenham Cricket Festival and we had about that. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

During last year's heat wave it was reaching about 34 down south. I was at Cheltenham Cricket Festival and we had about that. 

I was talking about this week, though, Western Europe is preparing for its second absurd heatwave of the summer, Paris might reach 43 on thursday, but in your neck of the woods it's not even going to hit 30. You should be happy about that, only masochists enjoy tropical temperatures with this humidity.

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I was talking about this week, though, Western Europe is preparing for its second absurd heatwave of the summer, Paris might reach 43 on thursday, but in your neck of the woods it's not even going to hit 30. You should be happy about that, only masochists enjoy tropical temperatures with this humidity.

The wickets might get too baked I suppose, Australian flat roads or subcontinental raging turners. I do like a bit of grass. 

I met someone recently. We have taken to each other. The more we chat the more I come to the conclusion that they're only really interested in, and only seems to derive pleasure from, being in charge of people. Honestly Im repulsed by this priority/obsession with controlling people. Yet I find them very compelling in other ways and still want to be close with them. Kinda driving me mad!!