Paul Stanley of Kiss

dontdamnmeuyi2015

Gene Simmons's long-promised box set of previously unreleased solo material, which has apparently had several different working titles over the years — including "Monster" (later used by KISS for the band's most recent studio album), "Alter Ego" and "100" — will finally see the light of day later this year.

In a newly released video message, the KISS bassist/vocalist states: "For the past three years, I've been working on something that I've wanted to share with you my entire life. I've gone through hours and hours of music I've recorded and written over the past fifty years to craft my career-spanning solo recordings box set. It's called 'The Vault'."

He continues: "'The Vault' is one hundred and fifty-plus never-before-released songs I've written, spanning fifty years, going all the way back to when I was fourteen years old, all the way to some of the songs that became KISS classics. Tens CDs right here, all inside 'The Vault'. It's finally ready to bring to you. Yeah, that's right, I said 'to bring to you,' because what I'm gonna be doing is something that's never been done before by any artist or band. I'm gonna hand-deliver 'The Vault' box set to you and to fans like you around the world."

Simmons adds: "I also wanted you to have really cool stuff: an exclusive Gene Simmons action figure, an 'In Gene We Trust' medallion, a beautiful full-color book packed with photos from my peronsal archives, and my stories behind the songs — and a very special surprise item from me to you. You're not gonna believe the things we found."

Edited by Silent Jay

genesimmonsthevaultweiss.jpg

Priced at $2,000

The Executive Producers Experience - $25,000

The Home Experience - $50,000

Launching December 2017 in the U.S. and in cities around the world, the Home Experience includes a personal delivery of "The Vault" to the fan's home by Simmons himself; one of the first three hundred limited-edition numbered Vaults; two hours with Simmons at the fan's home (or location of their choice) for a special event with up to 25 friends and family; photos, videos and autographs; an intimate "Songs & Stories" playback session and question-and-answer session with Gene; and a Vault Pre-Pack for all guests in attendance.

For a complete schedule of all three Vault Experiences or to pre-order "The Vault Experience", visit www.GeneSimmonsVault.com or call 1-833-GSVault.

Edited by Silent Jay

11 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Gene & Ace sharing a stage together is a great sign that Paul will eventually play with the duo again, even if his voice is absolutely shot

Too bad Peter already did his "last show ever"

I don't know if I would support a KISS reunion. Wouldn't it be rude to fire Tommy and Eric after all these years?

Just now, Sosso said:

I don't know if I would support a KISS reunion. Wouldn't it be rude to fire Tommy and Eric after all these years?

Eric definitely with how many years he's put into the band, Tommy's also been great for concerts in terms of performance.  I'd imagine they constantly feel a stigma though for wearing Ace & Peter's stage costumes, and to the devoted original KISS fans they're just hired hands and only that.  If the band is going to do a Farewell Tour 2, I don't think any people in the crowd would be asking "Where's Tommy?" if Ace stepped in.  I don't see Eric Singer going anywhere, especially if Peter is firm on not performing anymore.

4 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Eric definitely with how many years he's put into the band, Tommy's also been great for concerts in terms of performance.  I'd imagine they constantly feel a stigma though for wearing Ace & Peter's stage costumes, and to the devoted original KISS fans they're just hired hands and only that.  If the band is going to do a Farewell Tour 2, I don't think any people in the crowd would be asking "Where's Tommy?" if Ace stepped in.  I don't see Eric Singer going anywhere, especially if Peter is firm on not performing anymore.

That's why I always thought that Tommy and Eric should have their own stage charakters / make up designs. Just like the Ankh Warrior and The Fox. That would have been more suitable for them.

Edited by Sosso

Just now, Sosso said:

That's why I always thought that Tommy and Eric should have their own stage charakters / make up designs. Just like the Ankh Worrier and The Fox. That would have been more suitable for them.

I agree, them being attached to the Spaceman/Catman characters just seems like it's for merchandise sales.

Paul Stanley said Ace will never be on stage with KISS, at least as far as being in makeup goes. Anything where they're out of makeup and Ace is a special guest will probably happen, same goes with Bruce Kulick.  KISS has done out of makeup shows here and there. 

I can picture Axl going "A-ha! Now I know what to do with the Chinese Democracy sessions, I'll hand them out to the fans for $10,000 dollars a pop". Or the Izzy Stradlin Vault Experience. 

7 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

So you don't support the current Guns tour?

Either way, Guns is a different situation - the new members have all been talented and their own person.

Tommy & Eric are basically just tribute band members.

I saw one concert last year and thought it was great. But I honestly prefer the line-ups with Finck, Bucket, Tommy and Brain. Most of those guys were still in the band when I became a fan in 2006 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...