GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Are you serious? All the do is to post stupid things in their social media. Is it too hard to tell fans if there is a new album in the future? is it too hard to tell fans if Axl is going to make an album with AC/DC? Is it that hard to confirm or deny rumors? It is not about what makes me happy. It is about proper communication with fans. All the teasing and mystery makes no sense. As you said it's a rock band not the C.I.A.

Yes it is hard if there arent definite answers to those questions. what the fuck do you want them to say if there might not even be plans for an album? Just relax and see whats gonna happen. You wont get your products sooner just cause you wanna know if and when its coming.

2 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Having an AFD anniversary without the original five would be like celebrating a divorced couple original anniversary with two people filling in for them at the party.....POINTLESS.

This, but then again look at that troubadour show from last year. "We're going back to where it all started'.. Yeah where it started for 3 of you. But hey, this is Axl "Pose" logic so :lol:

28 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

This, but then again look at that troubadour show from last year. "We're going back to where it all started'.. Yeah where it started for 3 of you. But hey, this is Axl "Pose" logic so :lol:

I also agree. As awesome and as special as that was, it did feel a little empty without the whole band. I could kind of forgive it because getting those 3 together was still a huge deal

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Having an AFD anniversary without the original five would be like celebrating a divorced couple original anniversary with two people filling in for them at the party.....POINTLESS.

Maybe a better analogy is the birthday party of a kid whose parents are divorced

They did it in 2007 (the 20 year anniversary) Sure it was in a club on Sunset, meaning a small place for a celebration. Still a kind of celebration took place. Steven, Izzy and Duff perfomed on stage. Slash was there but didn't perfom.

We don't know yet what the plan is this time around. But it seems the album and the 5 people who made it can be celebrated despite divorce. 

40 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I also agree. As awesome and as special as that was, it did feel a little empty without the whole band. I could kind of forgive it because getting those 3 together was still a huge deal

I was like a giddy school boy leading up to that show.. It was all I could think about for weeks.. Then the day of when they showed the second synth up on stage it was like a punch in the gut... Then the final line up ended up being watered down. It was just enough to be considered Guns N' Roses but not a hair more... The other ones could have silenced the critics but they just weren't a good enough fit.

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was like a giddy school boy leading up to that show.. It was all I could think about for weeks.. Then the day of when they showed the second synth up on stage it was like a punch in the gut... Then the final line up ended up being watered down. It was just enough to be considered Guns N' Roses but not a hair more... The other ones could have silenced the critics but they just weren't a good enough fit.

I still think it was a great thing and one of the best moments in GNR history, just for the decades of hype and anticipation. It was awesome but could have been a lot more special if it was the entire band

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

This, but then again look at that troubadour show from last year. "We're going back to where it all started'..

RIR 2001 was the beginning of NuGnr Era, so now with RIR 2017, something new could start. Maybe new music....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Well it was cool just because of the chance of getting Axl and Slash on the same stage again. We had no interviews or pictures of the guys together, we had no idea what they would open with, what the set list would look like, would Chinese songs actually be played...? What would the lineup look like? Adler had just cancelled his own gig two weeks before on the same date so, would he be there? I know I was expecting that.. It was still disappointing the next day to see no Adler or Izzy, no new songs, and Melissa Reese. Could have been worse I guess...could have been better. But I like many were probably brought right back down to earth after the Christmas day presents were opened... But my point is, we had no idea what to expect since nobody in GNR had the respect/balls to tell us. But hey, it was still an exciting day. I also still had hope that things with Izzy just needed to cool off and they would still be worked out also figured Adler's back was really hurt that badly a few days later. So yeah it was cool... but I'll agree, still very empty.

And I guess the bigger point was, the idea of going back to where it all began was to sell us a reunion tour, like where it began for all the guys involved. It didn't begin for half the people there and now seeing the reasons some of the people who were left out for, It just makes me very sad and a little sick..

20 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

RIR 2001 was the beginning of NuGnr Era, so now with RIR 2017, something new could start. Maybe new music....

I would have liked that theory In 2011 with that RIR performance, but instead we got a complete vocal disaster from Axl and the infamous yellow coat. Maybe things will be different but there's just no evidence to suggest otherwise...

Edited by Billsfan

I get the feeling that even if they added brand new songs into the setlist for the European and North American legs, by the time we get to Rock in Rio you guys would still be saying it's gotten stale by then and be disappointed that they didn't play even more new songs.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I get the feeling that even if they added brand new songs into the setlist for the European and North American legs, by the time we get to Rock in Rio you guys would still be saying it's gotten stale by then and be disappointed that they didn't play even more new songs.

In other words....we're kind of a bunch of dicks :)

In that case, agreed!

• Like 2

On 2/2/2017 at 2:39 PM, Zeppelin said:

Please, no.

This is always the case with older albums. They get some botched-ass remaster job and some are ecstatic that it's louder and all that crap. But then they end up realizing that the remaster completely fucks up the dynamics of the original recording. Unless it's done with care, which remasters typically aren't. Then people buying AFD for the first time will end up buying this piece of shit remaster from 2017 because the original master is now obsolete and off the shelves forever.

Yeah... Not being able to snag the original mix of Megadeth records fucks my life up. Rust In Peace and Countdown to Extinction especially. The drums were perfect on the OG CTE. The remaster took all of the sack out of them.

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe they're going to do something on April fools day again. 

I don't rule anything out. But if you are right, then whatever they do it won't be related to AFD anniversary

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I don't rule anything out. But if you are right, then whatever they do it won't be related to AFD anniversary

If Fernando is teasing it now, I would think we will find out what it's there for shortly. Yes, that would rule out AFD anniversary for now. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

12 hours ago, Billsfan said:

But I like many were probably brought right back down to earth after the Christmas day presents were opened... But my point is, we had no idea what to expect since nobody in GNR had the respect/balls to tell us. 

And I guess the bigger point was, the idea of going back to where it all began was to sell us a reunion tour, like where it began for all the guys involved. It didn't begin for half the people there and now seeing the reasons some of the people who were left out for, It just makes me very sad and a little sick..

You have this real problem with entitlement, ya know? you want to know everything about everything even though it's none of your business.

It has nothing to do with "balls" or "respect"... it was a SURPRISE show, why should they tell anyone anything about it?

GUNS didn't sell you a reunion tour of anyone other than Axl, Slash and Duff. If you are disappointed about that, I'm sorry, but that's your fault not the bands. It is where is it all started for Axl, Slash and Duff. Perhaps they should have advertised it better for you? How does this work; "back where it all started for 50% of the band". Man that's got a ring to it! Better? You should work in marketing! I'll have to drop GNR a recommendation for you!

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Muddy said:

On the billboard post by Fernando someone that seems connected to the band commented something to the effect of "Beauty and the beast , mystery solved in 2 days ,  GNRdisney . So maybe some info is gonna be released in 2 days ?

If this were any other band, I'd take this to mean there's a new song that will be featured on the new Beauty and the Beast film that's out tomorrow. But not this band that never releases new songs.

Maybe a trailer before the film like last year?

23 hours ago, Muddy said:

On the billboard post by Fernando someone that seems connected to the band commented something to the effect of "Beauty and the beast , mystery solved in 2 days ,  GNRdisney . So maybe some info is gonna be released in 2 days ?

I think he said this regarding the "Beauty and the Beast" AD you can see on the picture, but it'd be great if real, I can imagine a new NR/TiL alike song on the credits.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

Dear Whoever is in Charge of this Band,

If your plans to commemorate and celebrate the anniversary of the release of Appetite For Destruction include anything EXCEPT the five original members, AND ONLY the five original members, playing the full album LIVE in it's entirety then you are completely and utterly off base and undoubtedly preparing to insult the entire worldwide Rock N' Roll community therefore I humbly propose that you quietly cancel such foolish and ill-advised plans.

(Wow.  THAT is a long sentence)

Of course, if you are planning on the five original members, and only the five original members, playing the full album LIVE in it's entirety then kindly disregard the above.

Brush your teeth with Rock N' Roll,

Kurt

• Like 4

Just now, KURT19 said:

If your plans to commemorate and celebrate the anniversary of the release of Appetite For Destruction include anything EXCEPT the five original members, AND ONLY the five original members, playing the full album LIVE in it's entirety then you are completely and utterly off base and undoubtedly preparing to insult the entire worldwide Rock N' Roll community therefore I humbly propose that you quietly cancel such foolish and ill-advised plans.

Of course, if you are planning on the five original members, and only the five original members, playing the full album LIVE in it's entirety then kindly disregard the above.

Kurt

I hope they play the whole album back to front with Buckethead, Finck and DJ Ashba and make the entire worldwide Rock N' Roll community cry into their laps.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Kurt

I wouldn't go that far and now I kind of want them to do the exact opposite just to see people like you start throwing your breakfast at the wall.

I want Chris Pitman to act out a one man play of Appetite for Destruction. Complete with sub-bass Welcome to the Jungle.

• Like 2