GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Had to remove a bunch of topic derailing posts.

MADDOGJONES will be taking yet another break from the forum.

Sorry for being part of it, I should have known better and it won't happen again. :ph34r:

Edited by Darkenchantress

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

I have to defend maddog here. I know his posts can be a pain to some people. but he never insulted anyone, instead pointed out their false theories.

I fully agree with you. I believe that the kind of honesty he expresses is not allowed here...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

I have to defend maddog here. I know his posts can be a pain to some people. but he never insulted anyone, instead pointed out their false theories.

25 minutes ago, Derick said:

I fully agree with you. I believe that the kind of honesty he expresses is not allowed here...

I agree with you both. Very annoying he's been suspended :anger: I like his posts a lot, even if I don't always agree with him. It's nice to see someone with a different opinion, not just highfiveing posters. From what I've seen, he got a lot of things thrown at him too, often uncalled for, just by people who don't like him calling them out on their shit and who feel brave because they know certain posters will always back them up, no matter what. But whatever. I'm sure the mods have their reasons and the other derailers and/or people who threw insults at him have received warnings as well :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

LA show around July 21-24 for appetite anniversary

yes Axl_morris, an LA show around July 21-24 announced at the end of this month seems likely. as does another California show or two or three between San Antonio and Brazil the week of Sept 11th!   wish they would go ahead and announce them already!  

Just as an FYI, constant derailing of topics will almost always end with warning points & suspensions. It has nothing to do with having differing opinions with someone else, it has to do with going into a thread or threads with the specific purpose of posting something off topic.

Please just let this thread go back to being on topic. If anyone has any points they want to bring up to me, you're more than welcome to do so via PM :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

LA show around July 21-24 for appetite anniversary

Those shows could be amazing if they just blitz thru AFD in its entirety then add a few fun ones likes Mama Kin, Whole Lotta Rosie, short KOHD, I know it will never happen but Back Off Bitch would be awesome here, or even some Lies stuff like You're Crazy would be cool. Just an all out rock show, no slow downs just come in at full speed and finish there. 

• Like 1

If Guns is playing with The Who in Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro, and Alice Cooper in Brazil, what about they sharing dates with another big band in the USA? We still waiting for any announcement about the billboard, and Foo Fighters didn't scheduled any tour in North America but a festival in Napa Valley this month and Mexico, on November, Foo Fighters are playing shows in Europe and Asia and still have big gaps between them  at the same time that GN'R. I mean, Axl and Dave shared chairs before, they could share stage easily. 

21 minutes ago, RebecaCess said:

If Guns is playing with The Who in Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro, and Alice Cooper in Brazil, what about they sharing dates with another big band in the USA? We still waiting for any announcement about the billboard, and Foo Fighters didn't scheduled any tour in North America but a festival in Napa Valley this month and Mexico, on November, Foo Fighters are playing shows in Europe and Asia and still have big gaps between them  at the same time that GN'R. I mean, Axl and Dave shared chairs before, they could share stage easily. 

Plus they're only playing with these bands cause they are on Rock in Rio. Rock in Rio is paying these bands to come to South America, then Mercury Concerts (producers), schedulled the other gigs like GNR/Alice Cooper and stuff. Its not up to GNR.

Same thing is happening with Aerosmith/Def Leppard and stuff.

I'd feel sorry for you guys if you get a pussy pop rock band like Foo Fighters as openers for the whole tour. lol

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

What are you guys talking about?

Okay, so remember that big GNR logo on the side of a building off of the sunset strip that was promoting the tour around this time last year? A GNR-related twitter account posted that that advert has reappeared, but i dont think thats the case, thats why i ended up deleting my original post about it. @Italian girl came back and said that i was wrong and the claim that was made was not fake (or so i presume that is what she is trying to tell me) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Okay, so remember that big GNR logo on the side of a building off of the sunset strip that was promoting the tour around this time last year? A GNR-related twitter account posted that that advert has reappeared, but i dont think thats the case, thats why i ended up deleting my original post about it. @Italian girl came back and said that i was wrong and the claim that was made was not fake (or so i presume that is what she is trying to tell me) 

No I dont recall that specifically ...regardless, @Italian girl how do you know this specific logo is back on that same building it was allegedly on last year.

can someone give a bit more depth and scope on this logo....was it there before the Dodger stadium shows?  Did it disappear after those shows were announced and tickets wernt on sale like the other adverts across the US did in other cities getting shows?

if it is indeed back, when did it reappear?  

Edited by tsinindy

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No I dont recall that specifically ...regardless, @Italian girl how do you know this specific logo is back on that same building it was allegedly on last year.

can someone give a bit more depth and scope on this logo....was it there before the Dodger stadium shows?  Did it disappear after those shows were announced and tickets wernt on sale like the other adverts across the US did in other cities getting shows?

if it is indeed back, when did it reappear?  

From what i gather, it was there after Guns announced the US tour. I think by mid summer it was gone. 

A quick google earth search of the area shows that a new non-gnr related ad was placed there last year around the time XXX: Return Of Xander Cage was being promoted, based on a billboard right next to the building. That could put it anywhere from November 2016- January 2017. 

Also that building being worked on in the picture above is completed according to google earth

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

99% sure that's a old pic. Alejandro4794 is from France, not LA. So he just reposted it.

Yes, from what I'm seeing there is no indication this logo is on that building right now.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1