Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

33 minutes ago, username said:

I just got a notification that someone reacted (not as in quoted, but more facebook'ish) to my post. Which is lovely. Except I don't know how someone can do that or where I can see it. 

For now you have to switch to the default theme (lower left of the screen) to use all the new features.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bono said:

Is there a reason why I no longer have the option to give other members +1s ? 

The function has been temporary lost of you use anything but the default theme/skin. Just change to default and you can not only like posts but also give them dolphins.

...or the powers that be decided you couldn't be trusted with the ability to like others' posts.

• GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The function has been temporary lost of you use anything but the default theme/skin. Just change to default and you can not only like posts but also give them dolphins.

...or the powers that be decided you couldn't be trusted with the ability to like others' posts.

Is the dolphin reaction related to Axl's love of dolphins? :D 

On 24/8/2017 at 1:11 PM, Lio said:

Yes. You can find like, sad, confused, haha and thank you buttons if you switch to the default theme in the bottom lefthand corner though.

Should you try that: beware, it's very white :shades:

I are very hungry  of likes, oh ,"Sweet like o'mine"  😢😡😭please come back soon , my life not is same 😠

32 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Is the dolphin reaction related to Axl's love of dolphins? :D 

What mean  reaction with sign dolphins??  I not know because  i not go  'mode default" 

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I are very hungry  of likes, oh ,"Sweet like o'mine"  😢😡😭please come back soon , my life not is same 😠

What mean  reaction with sign dolphins??  I not know because  i not go  'mode default" 

I'm using the defaul theme and it just says 'dolphins'.

3 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I want to like posts so it stays for me no matter how ugly it is. I'll switch it back when everything gets integrated properly.

Yes, i miss likes but think what not pass much time what come back the forum in mode original

5 hours ago, Ratam said:

The software upgrade allows for more reaction options, other than just like.  As custom reactions are possible, we liked the idea of giving people the choice of a dolphin.  Think of it as the ultimate GNR like.  

6 hours ago, downzy said:

The software upgrade allows for more reaction options, other than just like.  As custom reactions are possible, we liked the idea of giving people the choice of a dolphin.  Think of it as the ultimate GNR like.  

Oh,is as i understand a "great "like ,good idea,thank you 

On 8/31/2017 at 2:47 PM, Majestic Beast said:

Search engine is a mess,it finds nothing at all,google it finds more results that this stupid moron engine,it sucks.

It's most likely because of the upgrade.Have a bit of patience i'm sure you can find things to moan about without the aid of a search.

• Haha 1

On 31/08/2017 at 7:47 AM, Majestic Beast said:

Search engine is a mess,it finds nothing at all,google it finds more results that this stupid moron engine,it sucks.

Results had been limited to 1 day (back at the start of the tour) to minimise any impact on forum resources. It's been increased back to a year again.

Regardless, you'll almost always get better results with a Google search that includes "site:mygnrforum.com" in addition to your keywords.

Google is the most popular search engine (not to mention most visited website) in the world... they have incredibly advanced algorithms and over 1 million servers at their disposal to execute searches. You'd hope their search produced better results than Invision's. :P 

17 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I have a question, i'm using the default theme atm (very white!) when we get the normal services back will you announce it so i can switch back to the usual format and not carry on unaware? Please and Thank You ;)

Yes for sure we will be announcing any change!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Is there a way to post an entire imgur album without it just being a link?

No. As of 4.1.x you can't add "custom" embeds like we used to. So.... we used to have imgur, but it's no longer in the list.

Here's the current list they've added into the software - some really weird choices, but it's a decent-sized list:

AOL ON on.aol.com
CodePen codepen.io
CollegeHumor collegehumor.com
Coub coub.com
Deviant Art deviantart.com
Docs docs.com
Facebook facebook.com
Flickr flickr.com
Funny Or Die funnyordie.com
GettyImages gettyimages.com
Gfycat gfycat.com
Google Maps Google Maps
Google+ plus.google.com
Hulu hulu.com
iFixit iFixit.com
Instagram instagram.com
Kickstarter kickstarter.com
Meetup meetup.com
Mixcloud mixcloud.com
Office Mix mix.office.com
Reddit reddit.com
ReverbNation reverbnation.com
Screencast screencast.com
Screenr screenr.com
Slideshare slideshare.net
Smugmug smugmug.com
SoundCloud soundcloud.com
Spotify spotify.com
Ted ted.com
Twitter twitter.com
Ustream ustream.tv
Vimeo vimeo.com
Vine vine.com
YouTube youtube.com
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, highvoltage said:

No. As of 4.1.x you can't add "custom" embeds like we used to. So.... we used to have imgur, but it's no longer in the list.

Here's the current list they've added into the software - some really weird choices, but it's a decent-sized list:

AOL ON on.aol.com
CodePen codepen.io
CollegeHumor collegehumor.com
Coub coub.com
Deviant Art deviantart.com
Docs docs.com
Facebook facebook.com
Flickr flickr.com
Funny Or Die funnyordie.com
GettyImages gettyimages.com
Gfycat gfycat.com
Google Maps Google Maps