Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Horrible lag time in getting notifications today. Not sure what's up, but I am getting notifications about 4 hours after posts are made or after I get a pm. 🤔

Me too,same i now have delay  of 10 hours😨

25 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Hi!

is it possibile to hide my posts to a specific user?

I don't want him to see if I'm on the forum and what I post..

No but you can log in anonymously so nobody can see when you’re online. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

I joined at the end of March and my profile has 517 views and only 4 members show as viewing. Is it possible to make my profile viewable by only members who are logged in? 

Thanks!

Hi

Not individually as far as I know but I'm looking into whether it can be done as a default.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Hi!

is it possibile to hide my posts to a specific user?

I don't want him to see if I'm on the forum and what I post..

No sorry, as Dazey said you can log in anonymously and also ignore a user (so you don't see them) but beyond that it's a public forum so all posts can be read by anyone.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, alfierose said:

No sorry, as Dazey said you can log in anonymously and also ignore a user (so you don't see them) but beyond that it's a public forum so all posts can be read by anyone.

Though it'd be a great thing if when you put someone on ignore they inmediately can't see your posts anymore and this would prevent them from continuing quoting you or bothering you through the forum.

The rest of people who are not this user would not have a problem seeing the posts.

(This is the system Twitter and Facebook use)

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

Though it'd be a great thing if when you put someone on ignore they inmediately can't see your posts anymore and this would prevent them from continuing quoting you or bothering you through the forum.

The rest of people who are not this user would not have a problem seeing the posts.

(This is the system Twitter and Facebook use)

Yes it would but unfortunately we are tied to what the software will allow and this isn't something currently built in.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alfierose said:

Yes it would but unfortunately we are tied to what the software will allow and this isn't something currently built in.

I know... and I hope the forum software one day gets updated to match the way harassment is treated in other social platforms :)

Is it a possibility to have a SMKC subforum, and even an Adler's Appetite one too? (Like Axl/DC has one.) Both are active this year and all threads seem to end up in the GNR News and Discussion nowadays, even if they have nothing to do with GNR.

Wasn't the Jungle supposed to be for side projects?

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Is it a possibility to have a SMKC subforum, and even an Adler's Appetite one too? (Like Axl/DC has one.) Both are active this year and all threads seem to end up in the GNR News and Discussion nowadays, even if they have nothing to do with GNR.

Wasn't the Jungle supposed to be for side projects?

Good point overall but in between tours we really lay back on a lot of the rules for what goes where. I'd love for there to be enough (read: any) GN'R news that filled D&N, but there just never is between tours.

When the tour kicks back up, we'll most likely move anything not directly related to GN'R to The Jungle until the tour is over.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be a bother but I've got a bit of a quandary and a question. 

I was getting some rather bizarre private messages from a member here when I first signed up and I turned that feature off. 

Is there any way to turn it back on and control who can send you things? 

Edited by RazorGunner

16 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

Sorry to be a bother but I've got a bit of a quandary and a question. 

I was getting some rather bizarre private messages from a member here when I first signed up and I turned that feature off. 

Is there any way to turn it back on and control who can send you things? 

There's no way to control who can send you PMs, no.