Jump to content
downzy

Ask Staff Anything!

Recommended Posts

Dear beloved MYGNR staff,

Even though it’s pretty clear at this point that Brian Johnson will return to his rightful place in AC/DC, can we keep that section open beyond AXL/DC discussion?

It might be our only opportunity to discuss new music from a Guns related band that doesn’t feature Myles Kennedy.

Disclaimer - I by no means intend to turn this into an AC/DC forum. Those guys are worse than we are.

Sincerely,

Ethan Hunt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Dear beloved MYGNR staff,

Even though it’s pretty clear at this point that Brian Johnson will return to his rightful place in AC/DC, can we keep that section open beyond AXL/DC discussion?

It might be our only opportunity to discuss new music from a Guns related band that doesn’t feature Myles Kennedy.

Disclaimer - I by no means intend to turn this into an AC/DC forum. Those guys are worse than we are.

Sincerely,

Ethan Hunt

I don't have an issue with the proposal. Ultimately though it's up to @downzy how he wants to organise the section and future AC/DC discussion that doesn't feature Axl directly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an idea here. Due to the current stuation we have in which pretty much every GNR video that gets posted to the forums just so happens to get removed soon after, is there a way for a function to be emplemented in which only signed in users are able to see Youtube videos, for example?

A lot of other forums have this function with things such as links and embedded media being hidden when signed out. I understand there's probably a desire for the forums to remain inclusive, but something like this would, in theory, be a good short-term solution.

It's frustrating for us not to be able to share cool videos we find here due to the high likelihood of a certain someone getting them taken down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not bad idea but... it's not difficult to create an account... you know ?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WAR™ said:

not bad idea but... it's not difficult to create an account... you know ?!

This is the crux of the issue. The people involved in takedowns have held multiple accounts here over the years, some get get spotted but inevitably others go undetected. It wouldn't make any difference in the end to limit viewing to signed in members.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alfierose said:

This is the crux of the issue. The people involved in takedowns have held multiple accounts here over the years, some get get spotted but inevitably others go undetected. It wouldn't make any difference in the end to limit viewing to signed in members.

Couldn't their IP addresses just be blocked from opening new accounts? Or is it not that simple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alfierose said:

This is the crux of the issue. The people involved in takedowns have held multiple accounts here over the years, some get get spotted but inevitably others go undetected. It wouldn't make any difference in the end to limit viewing to signed in members.

of course... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Couldn't their IP addresses just be blocked from opening new accounts? Or is it not that simple?

No it's not that simplistic, there are fairly easy ways around IP addresses. We aren't unique here in that respect, it's an internet wide problem for any site that is commentary based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have the strictly Slash threads in his subsection again? Seems a bit silly to have a subsection like that if everything, from concert reviews to the new album, goes in the main section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lio said:

Can we have the strictly Slash threads in his subsection again? Seems a bit silly to have a subsection like that if everything, from concert reviews to the new album, goes in the main section.

We've had a discussion about this and are going to move things around a bit to try and accommodate everyone. Now Slash is back in GNR it's hard to draw a total line between Guns and solo stuff so we'll try to go for a balance.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the problem is that the Slash section is currently just a sub-forum in the Jungle section, and the new replies won't even appear on the main page.

Maybe the Slash sub-forum could be upgraded to a section like the AXL/DC one? And maybe also there could be another separate section for other members' side projects, because right now the Jungle section has a bit of everything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think the problem is that the Slash section is currently just a sub-forum in the Jungle section, and the new replies won't even appear on the main page.

Maybe the Slash sub-forum could be upgraded to a section like the AXL/DC one? And maybe also there could be another separate section for other members' side projects, because right now the Jungle section has a bit of everything?

Yeah, I always read the forum via the 'unread' button, so I'll see new posts, no matter if they're in the cricket thread or any subforum. The 'problem' is if I've read something and I want to go back to a thread, I can hardly find it, as I try to fins an SMKC thread in the Slash forum, not in the main one. Never mind if you want to look something up from weeks ago. It will be hidden under heaps of threads in the GNR section, with which it doesn't have anything to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Slash section has been moved to sit as a subform of D&N. We felt this made it more accessible to everyone.

I've moved a few threads across, anything that is all or mostly solo/SMKC stuff should go in there. Anything more general or Guns related stays in D&N.

It's not an exact science but I hope it's a compromise that keeps most people happy.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think the problem is that the Slash section is currently just a sub-forum in the Jungle section, and the new replies won't even appear on the main page.

Maybe the Slash sub-forum could be upgraded to a section like the AXL/DC one? And maybe also there could be another separate section for other members' side projects, because right now the Jungle section has a bit of everything?

We moved it to D&N subforums in part so the posts will now show up on the sidebar.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×