I flew from Buffalo,NY to Australia and finally got a picture with W.Axl Rose!

Nice! How'd you manage to get to the tour buses? Wouldn't security be an issue?

I'm not calling bullshit, btw. I'm just curious because I might try to get a pic and/or autograph in Minnesota/St. Louis this summer

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

11 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Warning: this will be long and full of things only a true GNR-NERD would enjoy. 

Like many hardcore GNR fans I've always wanted to meet Axl Rose. When I saw my first GNR show in 92 I was too young to even think of such a thing. When I started going again in 2002/2006 I was traveling to other cities and wouldn't have known how to find him. Now you may ask yourself "Why is a picture with Axl so important to a grown man? " Well,GNR are my favorite band and I always wanted a chance to thank Axl in person for all that his music has done for me (I got the chance to do that in the chats almost 10 years ago) and to me,a photo would be a permanent memory of that moment.  

Fast forward to Las Vegas 2016. We (a bunch of Forum members and I )found GNR's hotel after the 2nd gig. We lined up along the side of the building a few hours after the show. There were hardcore fans and a lot of ebayers. Slash came and signed autographs and wouldn't take pics. I'm not big on autographs but I had my Vegas show stub signed . Nobody got out of line except our group after a driver told one of us that Axl switched hotels. We believed it and went there. When we came back an hour later,Axl had taken pictures and signed autographs for the entire line and we missed a golden opportunity. 

This takes us to Toronto 2016. A friend and I were waiting for Axl by the buses after the show. Around 4 am Axl came by driving a golf cart. My friend from Australia and I were the only two fans waiting. He said I'll shake your hand and thank you for coming to the show but I don't want to do any photos. He was apologetic about it and a GNR staff member offered to get us autographs. We didn't have anything to get signed so we just gave her our tickets and she returned them to us signed by Axl.

That brings us to this year. The same friend who was with me in Toronto asked me to come visit in Australia. I found a great price on a ticket and off I went. I drove from Buffalo,NY to Toronto. I had a 16.5 hour flight to China where I had a 16 hour layover. I then had a 10.5 hour flight to Melbourne. We flew from Melbourne to Brisbane for the first show and it was great. Both Sydney gigs were awesome as well. After the show I was finally in the right place at the right time for my photo with Axl. The whole thing lasted just a few minutes as there were only about 8 fans.

I feel as though we are all fans and it'd be great if everyone that wants to could meet him. I am no bigger of a fan than anyone else I'm just lucky to have seen so many great shows. Thanks for indulging me and my GNR-nerd stories.

received_10158318959675492.jpeg

received_10154916838627456.jpeg

Damn, so lucky. I hope that day comes for me soon.

16 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Warning: this will be long and full of things only a true GNR-NERD would enjoy. 

Like many hardcore GNR fans I've always wanted to meet Axl Rose. When I saw my first GNR show in 92 I was too young to even think of such a thing. When I started going again in 2002/2006 I was traveling to other cities and wouldn't have known how to find him. Now you may ask yourself "Why is a picture with Axl so important to a grown man? " Well,GNR are my favorite band and I always wanted a chance to thank Axl in person for all that his music has done for me (I got the chance to do that in the chats almost 10 years ago) and to me,a photo would be a permanent memory of that moment.  

Fast forward to Las Vegas 2016. We (a bunch of Forum members and I )found GNR's hotel after the 2nd gig. We lined up along the side of the building a few hours after the show. There were hardcore fans and a lot of ebayers. Slash came and signed autographs and wouldn't take pics. I'm not big on autographs but I had my Vegas show stub signed . Nobody got out of line except our group after a driver told one of us that Axl switched hotels. We believed it and went there. When we came back an hour later,Axl had taken pictures and signed autographs for the entire line and we missed a golden opportunity. 

This takes us to Toronto 2016. A friend and I were waiting for Axl by the buses after the show. Around 4 am Axl came by driving a golf cart. My friend from Australia and I were the only two fans waiting. He said I'll shake your hand and thank you for coming to the show but I don't want to do any photos. He was apologetic about it and a GNR staff member offered to get us autographs. We didn't have anything to get signed so we just gave her our tickets and she returned them to us signed by Axl.

That brings us to this year. The same friend who was with me in Toronto asked me to come visit in Australia. I found a great price on a ticket and off I went. I drove from Buffalo,NY to Toronto. I had a 16.5 hour flight to China where I had a 16 hour layover. I then had a 10.5 hour flight to Melbourne. We flew from Melbourne to Brisbane for the first show and it was great. Both Sydney gigs were awesome as well. After the show I was finally in the right place at the right time for my photo with Axl. The whole thing lasted just a few minutes as there were only about 8 fans.

I feel as though we are all fans and it'd be great if everyone that wants to could meet him. I am no bigger of a fan than anyone else I'm just lucky to have seen so many great shows. Thanks for indulging me and my GNR-nerd stories.

received_10158318959675492.jpeg

received_10154916838627456.jpeg

that is so awesome! :headbang:

11 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Because it didn't contribute anything of worth to the thread.

I see... but posts about his Cher t-shirt, or One Direction, or his hat does contribute something of worth to the thread? Because those posts didn't get deleted and that's basically the same as my post, commenting on something from the picture, his appearance. So giving an opinion on his plastic surgery is not allowed, but criticizing his t-shirt and hat is fine?

I don't want to get all technical, but I'm curious what the difference is so I won't be able to make this mistake again. It'll be good to know what the rules on this forum are.

• Like 1