Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Appreciation Thread

Ralphelmo

On 6.12.2017 at 8:37 PM, Free Bird said:

When do Alter Bridge go on tour? I'm curious if Myles has enough time to record his vocals for SMKCIII.

Not that interested in Myles solo record though I would like to hear the song Slash takes the lead guitar. There should be a song featuring Slash, shouldn't it?

That track where Slash played a solo is in his shelved first solo album. This one coming out now is his 2nd, but first one to be released (no Slash there)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Actually, Mitch Lafon told @Gibbo that Slash and Myles were together in the studio yesterday and Meegan told someone on instagram that Slash is not having a break and he has to finish the SMKC record. It looks like Myles will be working non stop as he always does :)

I'm looking forward to a new SMKC record, Myles solo record, a new Tremonti record, watching as many of them as possible live next year and then hearing a new AB record on 2019. Future's looking bright!

Gibbo corrected it, he meant Slash is in the studio for SMKC material, not with Myles himself. There's no reason for Myles to be there yet anyway, they track the music and then myles comes in later to do the vocals, atleast that's how they did it with WOF. Brent first did the drums there, then Todd did the bass and later Slash did the guitar parts. I believe Brent might be tracking the drums right now, but Todd and Myles are on tour right now I think (or just ended a couple days ago)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 07/12/2017 at 5:39 AM, TMAC20 said:

SMKC will get the record recorded before GNR go back on tour in the summer - while SLASH and  the boys are playing this summer , MYLES will tour his solo album , then SMKC tour late summer early fall 

I agree that this will be the way events will likely play out. Can't wait to see what set Slash plays now that he is back with GNR maybe we will get more deep cut GNR songs like Locomotive or more songs from Snakepit or VR Days mixed into the set with his SMKC material. Regardless it will be another great year

Edited by The Dissident

^^ Well, you may not like this, but I do and this is the kind of stuff that fans of Myles have been waiting 8 years and counting for.  I do think this is a good start for the solo album.  Vastly different than what he's done with AB and Slash (which is where he needs to go towards to stand out and not have it sound like an AB-copy or a Slash/Myles/Conspirators copy).  It's the opening song of the album and sounds to me it's basically mapping out what happened to him and his family in 1974 and the following songs would go more in detail.  This was not going to be anything hard and heavy at all or making a statement to music world or whatever.  This is a story about a very personal part of his life and going more "worldy-sounding" with the music and acoustic guitars and the likes seems very fitting to that personal story.

Edited by Anguyen92

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/3/2018 at 9:17 PM, Ralphelmo said:

There are true gems on "Year of The Tiger" I must say... 

Turning Stones, Ghost of Shangri La, Haunted by Design, One Fine Day...

I love the album! Ghost of Shangri La, Love Can Only Heal and Songbird are my favorites but also love One Fine Day, Nothing But a Name, Haunted By Design, Turning Stones...

Myles did a hell of a job and I didn't except anything else. Now if there's SMKC III this year and AB VI next year... damn, this dude is giving me so much music to enjoy!

• Like 1

Seeing him in 2 weeks! Wanted to avoid spoilers but failed after the first South Africa show :lol: Still didn't watch videos tho, that's something.

Album is really good too. Love Can Only Heal is probably my favorite song of 2018 so far. Some songs are kinda samey when you listen to a full album but individually they're all good

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was there and it was amazing! :D 

I'm pretty sure he was (at least slightly) drunk, he was so red and a few times he'd play something serious and then open his eyes and then just try not to giggle for the next 20 seconds

Highlight by far was Love Can Only Heal (my friend's video). His scream during the outro was bone crushing, it doesn't translate as well on video but there's a reason why people started to clap immediately 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No Quarter flashed me! Not only the vocals but the overall performance! Well done.

I think it's (not) so easy to sing like that but it's much more difficult to write such passionate vocals.

If he could bring something like this to the table with Slash I wouldn't be complaining at all.

• 4 weeks later...