Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Appreciation Thread

Ralphelmo

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Guitar Stu said:

One of my favorite Alter Bridge songs. Great to hear them play it finally. Myles sounds great in this one. Great performance from the band. 

What an insane treat for those who went to the shows. And that high note was impressive..

I'm curious to see hear Blackbird & Fortress with the orchestra backing..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I would have preferred a singer with a little grit in his voice and a better stage presence/charisma

I think Myles is burned out a bit in SMKC, it's not like he's not enjoying what he's doing or he thinks he should quit, but there was certain energy coming from him back in 2010 and 2011 (or even in 2012) which he lacks now. I have no idea why, dunno if it's about his age (turns 50 this year) or he finds himself in darker, more serious stuff nowadays.

Edited by Ralphelmo

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

I think Myles is burned out a bit in SMKC, it's not like he's not enjoying what he's doing or he thinks he should quit, but there was certain energy coming from him back in 2010 and 2011 (or even in 2012) which he lacks now. I have no idea why, dunno if it's about his age (turns 50 this year) or he finds himself in darker, more serious stuff nowadays.

I think the consistent touring may have gotten to him at this point.  I mean imagine this.  He's been either in the studio or touring for the last nine years for either AB, Slash, or solo.  That sort of stuff will take a toll on you at a point.  I wonder how Corey Taylor been doing something like that without going insane (if he hasn't already).  The only time Myles took a legit break in that period was during mid-December 2017 - March 2018 after Alter Bridge finished their tour for The Last Hero and before Myles went to tour solo and record Living the Dream.

To me, he was really a very upbeat mood when I saw his solo show Last May.  He was very very chatty and entertaining in ways that there was no way he can be this chatty with Slash or Alter Bridge.  Alter Bridge is not one for high-energetic though.  They are more of that band that evokes more of a "sorrowful, but looking for that light at the end of tunnel" sort of band.  Hard to be energetic though, but that sort of stuff is why I need a band like that in my life where I am at for the last 12 years I followed this band. 

Edited by Anguyen92

On 9.01.2019 at 10:52 PM, Anguyen92 said:

To me, he was really a very upbeat mood when I saw his solo show Last May.  He was very very chatty and entertaining in ways that there was no way he can be this chatty with Slash or Alter Bridge.  

Steel Dragon - Stand Up and Shout :D 

And this:

lol

Edited by Ralphelmo

11 hours ago, moreblack said:

Kinda makes me want a small venue Myles/Slash acoustic tour.

Those tickets are going to be expensive as f*** though.  Myles' solo shows was only around $25.00 and he was playing in front of probably 400-500 people at a time and those sold out at a pretty fast rate.  Now you add Slash to the fold.....

^^ Well, the name Disturbed on any official video is going to go far when it comes to viewer counts.  Not like there's anything wrong with that.  That video audio is also on the deluxe edition of the latest Disturbed album.  Saw them last Friday.  Was a great show.

Edited by Anguyen92

• 2 months later...