GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

U2 tops up the all-time list with $736 million from its "360°" stadium tour (2009-2011) followed by THE ROLLING STONES' "A Bigger Bang" at $558 million (2005-2007). COLDPLAY is third with its recently completed "A Head Full Of Dreams" trek that grossed $523 million (2016-2017).The trek, which launched in April 2016, topped the $475 million mark in gross sales with the final show of the band's 2017 touring schedule on November 29 in Los Angeles. 

These figures are crazy! I would like to know the Net Profit and how that would affect the figures. How did U2 get so popular??

3 minutes ago, Gabrielaerojas said:

I got excited as well. Quoting @Alja : “squirrel on coke” excited 

Maybe quokka on cocaine excited for aussies?

I have my precious tickets on a shelf right above me - it continues! :dance:

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

U2 tops up the all-time list with $736 million from its "360°" stadium tour (2009-2011) followed by THE ROLLING STONES' "A Bigger Bang" at $558 million (2005-2007). COLDPLAY is third with its recently completed "A Head Full Of Dreams" trek that grossed $523 million (2016-2017).The trek, which launched in April 2016, topped the $475 million mark in gross sales with the final show of the band's 2017 touring schedule on November 29 in Los Angeles. 

These figures are crazy! I would like to know the Net Profit and how that would affect the figures. How did U2 get so popular??

I never heard of anyone who liked U2 360. Wasn't it that stupid album that they forced on the itunes app and everybody got annoyed with it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I can't believe U2 and fucking Coldplay beat them. :max:

@Tori72 I'm excited because my favourite band has the 4th biggest tour evaaaaa....and that's good for Rock and bad for Justin Bieber and Kanye West and the rappers etc'. :P

YEAH!!!

It is so weird about U2 and Coldplay though.  I mean, I like early U2 and I like some early Coldplay but can't believe both those bands are as massive as they are.  All their later stuff isn't that great if you ask me. :shrugs:  It's pretty darn good for GNR considering all they have to the name is early stuff and CD. LOL

Just now, Gabrielaerojas said:

:headbang: I needed to use that 'squirrel on coke' at some point. It is perfect.

I`ll tell you a secret, I didn`t invent it. I adopted it. When that feeling occupies all your being and senses and you are hyperhappy, hyperexcited, with big eyes and big smile doing all that little happy unnecessary movements, you know it forever - it`s yours. :dance::headbang:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It is so weird about U2 and Coldplay though.  I mean, I like early U2 and I like some early Coldplay but can't believe both those bands are as massive as they are.  All their later stuff isn't that great if you ask me. :shrugs:  It's pretty darn good for GNR considering all they have to the name is early stuff and CD. LOL

The ridiculousness that occurs to get tickets when Coldplay book stadiums in the UK amazes me. I'd rather sit and watch paint dry whilst listening to white noise but they can fill out as many stadiums as they care to book :shrugs:

How are they so popular around the world? I don't get it! 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

Czech press says the tour is 6th in history. :unsure: But Czech press also says that Axl and Slash are talking only via lawyers and that Duff is still on drugs. :lol:

At least the GNR concert was the most successful in my country last year. :headbang:

• Haha 1

I used to really like Coldplay's Yellow and The Scientist...just had a listen after many years of not hearing either of those songs...not as good as I remember them...not even for nostalgia purposes.  They come across really boring to me now...:shrugs:

Going to have a re-listen to U2 now, see what I think...

Early U2 still sounds really good.  Where The Streets Have No Name is still bloody awesome, hasn't aged a bit and the instant the vocal kicked in I started singing to it and remembered all the lyrics. Ha!  The Joshua Tree holds up real well.  It's their AFD.  And Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day still pack a punch, Desire - that still kick ass - All I Want Is You ----aaarrrrghhh I forgot about that song :cry:----- heart wrenching!!!  It was always a harrowing song to me, I could barely listen to it, too painful.  One, I forgot about, beautiful song.  Beautiful Day, When Love Comes To Town...

OK, clearly U2 are not shyte even if the music they produced nowadays is more for wankers like @janrichmond said.  

TBH, I'd completely forgotten how good they were. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, LOL.

I'm here all like WTF people getting excited because some fat rich old men are engrossing their wallets even more?

:rofl-lol:

Well, GNR fattening their wallets makes no difference to my life - I don't care how much money they make.  

I love their music and the fact that they are able to occupy a top tour position in a day and age where Rock is all but dead.  I care very much about that genre in that its a passion of mine and I always cheer on anyone who is flying the flag for it.  So yeah, I get excited to see GNR in that position.  I wish they were in no.1 and beat U2. lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, GNR fattening their wallets makes no difference to my life - I don't care how much money they make.  

I love their music and the fact that they are able to occupy a top tour position in a day and age where Rock is all but dead.  I care very much about that genre in that its a passion of mine and I always cheer on anyone who is flying the flag for it.  So yeah, I get excited to see GNR in that position.  I wish they were in no.1 and beat U2. lol

I second that. 

• Like 1