GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Thanks, @killuridols for the summary. Maybe I’m listening to it now. I wasn’t interested in hateful stories of an ex-wife. But as you describe her an the conversation it sounds more interesting to me. I’m so not into drama. lol I keep wondering what being a latina is. Like being lively and such? Are Italians and Spanish people Latinas too or is that term valid only for South Americans? Genuine question and yes I could google it but I’m lazy and so, there you go.

Ah, @MaskingApathy, no, sadly, I’m not playing any music like that but back in the day I had a few shows of some kind. Not gonna say more though. Sorry :lol:

I'm basing my view of Perla solely on her outfits, her showing off her house and her saying her boyfriend has a bigger dick than Slash. Her having sex with him when he just got married to someone else, the money grabbing and her having been a madam are other things that put me off.

But it all doesn't matter. Let's hope she'll be out of our lives now the divorce is done and she's had her party and say :P

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm basing my view of Perla solely on her outfits, her showing off her house and her saying her boyfriend has a bigger dick than Slash. Her having sex with him when he just got married to someone else, the money grabbing and her having been a madam are other things that put me off.

But it all doesn't matter. Let's hope she'll be out of our lives now the divorce is done and she's had her party and say :P

She was having sex with her boyfriend who was just married to someone else? Wonder who’s the bigger slut of the two. Lol. But yeah, those things put me off as well. Same with Susan, her questionable fashion choices, her showing off her house, family etc.... Still, their decisions, right? And I’m not really interested in neither of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

She was having sex with her boyfriend who was just married to someone else? Wonder who’s the bigger slut of the two. Lol. But yeah, those things put me off as well. Same with Susan, her questionable fashion choices, her showing off her house, family etc.... Still, their decisions, right? And I’m not really interested in neither of them.

Wow..I didn't know that...and for Axl's camp, I wonder if Sasha is with him, she was very present in the last concerts this past summer

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

No, I meant Perla having sex with Slash while he was just married to Renee.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

No, I meant Perla having sex with Slash while he was just married to Renee.

Ok thanks. Still, I tend to see most of the blame or guilt or however you wanna put it, on the married person’s side. 

@money honey, I get your point and I see the big tragedy in the life of the person Axl Rose. I do...  Anyway, long live diversity in this thread, I’m so with you here! :headbang:

5 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Could be. But neither Axl or TB destroy her marriage like she said. Axl get back to Slash in 2015, and at that time he was already separated and living with Meegan.

Well, that's not what she said so you are being prejudiced there. She didn't say those people destroyed her marriage. She said those people are now benefitting from the destruction of her family.

Two different things.

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks, @killuridols for the summary. Maybe I’m listening to it now. I wasn’t interested in hateful stories of an ex-wife. But as you describe her an the conversation it sounds more interesting to me. I’m so not into drama. lol I keep wondering what being a latina is. Like being lively and such? Are Italians and Spanish people Latinas too or is that term valid only for South Americans? Genuine question and yes I could google it but I’m lazy and so, there you go.

You're welcome. I'd love to read your point of view after listening to it.

It would be amazing if so many of you would listen to this and give your different opinions!!! :headbang:

Lol, I mean Latina as a short name for Latinamerican, so no, Italians and Spanish people are not Latinos. It covers everyone from Mexico to Argentina, so not only Southamericans.

Yes, the passion when speaking, being lively, yeah definitely :)

5 hours ago, Lio said:

All of that sounds like superficial judgement to me.... Her outfits? Lol.... And she having sex with married Slash also speaks badly of Slash, who was being totally dishonest to his newly wife, don't you think?

She ain't a saint but neither is Slash so I don't see why people can only see her wrongdoings and not his. Why the sexism? They both did bad things.

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I guess it's a matter of styles..... Perla is "loud" and maybe that's what put some people off, which is valid because you can't like everybody... the thing is one has to analyze why you're being judgmental to a woman and not to a man who does the same things.

Fashion is silly stuff but the cheating.... yeah, it's bad if you don't flow that way (some couples do flow that way) but I've heard my whole life how it is always the women fault when a man cheats.... you know, the home wrecker...poor guy who cannot control his animal instinct because he is a man, so he has to be understood and forgiven. Women are always the evil bitches destroying a family...... I think they are both guilty but the married person is the one with the bigger commitment.

2 hours ago, money honey said:

Thanks for the summary of Perla's interview @killuridols. It certainly sounds like she's a lot more together and intelligent than she is often portrayed. Still, doing things like that cake, and having it out in front of her kids, really jars with me. I guess the family of a rock star is just never going to be 'normal' as the rest of us understand that word.

Yes, but that also contrasts with her going out of her ways to protect London now in his new endevours, or how much she fought to have the kids financially secured for life.

After listening to her, I got the feeling that the kids side with her most of the time. I mean, how would you explain that in spite of that cake, London was still there and "celebrated" with her? Sounds really really crazy for us, but like I said before, I think they have inner workings we will never understand... that's the way they live their lives and we don't get it because... well... Probably they wouldn't understand or wouldn't like the way some of us live either..... still, when she speaks of the struggles of being a mom, I think most people will be able to relate to, especially if you are also a mother going through a divorce or through marital problems.

• Like 1

It's funny how much we can focus on a cake but don't give her any credit for dealing with a dying Slash, a drugaddict Slash, a Slash with heart problems......

Women are the main caregivers in society. Whenever someone in the house is ill, there's a woman there dealing with the whole shit, which is not glamourous nor fun. Men usually run away from those situations. Not all men but in general, who feeds the ill child? Who takes care of the aging parents? Who changes diapers of babies and adults?

99% of the time is a woman so.... Slash, the rockstar, he is a rockstar for us and we only see his bright light on stage, when he is showing off his talent and sharing it with the world, but at the end of the night that man is human, eats, shits and sleeps like the rest of us. Also gets sick like the rest of us and is aging like the rest of us, but none of us will be there in his darkest hour. 

Gotta think about that.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

the thing is one has to analyze why you're being judgmental to a woman and not to a man who does the same things.

Here is one time that I totally agree with you. Society has had a double standard in this regard since the beginning of time, and I think it’s quite unfair. Men can fuck as many women or act as outrageously as they want and it’s seen as them just being men. If a woman does the same thing she’s the whore of Babylon, a slut or a tramp. Hell, I say what’s good for the goose is good for gander. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's funny how much we can focus on a cake but don't give her any credit for dealing with a dying Slash, a drugaddict Slash, a Slash with heart problems......

Women are the main caregivers in society. Whenever someone in the house is ill, there's a woman there dealing with the whole shit, which is not glamourous nor fun. Men usually run away from those situations. Not all men but in general, who feeds the ill child? Who takes care of the aging parents? Who changes diapers of babies and adults?

99% of the time is a woman so.... Slash, the rockstar, he is a rockstar for us and we only see his bright light on stage, when he is showing off his talent and sharing it with the world, but at the end of the night that man is human, eats, shits and sleeps like the rest of us. Also gets sick like the rest of us and is aging like the rest of us, but none of us will be there in his darkest hour. 

Gotta think about that.

This. So much. All of it, not only the bolded.

Nobody gives Perla credit for all of that but slams off her outfits, candid pics with or without Slash etc... (Not saying it’s my taste but neither are Slach’s candid pics or some stories about him.) Meanwhile Slash gets praise when there’s one pic of him sitting on a couch during one of London’s rehearsals... Seems a bit biased. And yeah I love Slash for being the rockstar he is but once you start having an opinion on his (ex-) wife can you should look more closely to the person Slash. My 5 cents.

Also, this forum has become an example of the conservative and misogynist backlash going on in the US as well as in many parts in Europe lately. So thanks for posts like this, @killuridols, they warm my heart.

• GNFNR 1

@killuridols I just meant I'm not biased by male views. I'm capable of forming my own opinion. And yes, looks are a part of it. Your outfit says something about you too. I don't know her, I haven't met her, so I'm basing my (irrelevant) opinion on what I see and hear.

Never said Slash was a saint. I disapprove of both in that situation. I'm not a sexist.

I know quite a few men actually who have taken care of an aging parent or a sick relative or partner. To my experience, it most certainly isn't 99% the woman, but it probably has a lot to do with which part of the world you live in. Some parts are more emancipated than others for sure, for some the road is still longer than for others.

For the record: I don't think I'd like Perla, but that doesn't mean I think she's a bad mum or person or whatever. What do I know.

Something else I just thought of when I read about the making sure the kids are secure for life... It's funny how different people see it. You also have people like Sting or Elton John saying their kids won't inherit their fortune and will have to work for their money themselves, as they think being a trust fund kid is more detrimental to you than having to work for it yourself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Gotta think about that.

It’s not that we’re not giving her credit, but you don’t ever put your children in the middle of adult business in any way shape or form. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

You also have people like Sting or Elton John saying their kids won't inherit their fortune and will have to work for their money themselves, as they think being a trust fund kid is more detrimental to you than having to work for it yourself.

I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. Having to actually work to be successful will make them appreciate it so much more in the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Here is one time that I totally agree with you. Society has had a double standard in this regard since the beginning of time, and I think it’s quite unfair. Men can fuck as many women or act as outrageously as they want and it’s seen as them just being men. If a woman does the same thing she’s the whore of Babylon, a slut or a tramp. Hell, I say what’s good for the goose is good for gander. 

Totally! I grew up with all that shit in my mind because men and women around me would always comment on the cheating of someone else and they would always blame the woman. And I still hear that kind of comments but now that I am older and wiser -_- I definitely made up my own mind about it.

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

This. So much. All of it, not only the bolded.

Nobody gives Perla credit for all of that but slams off her outfits, candid pics with or without Slash etc... (Not saying it’s my taste but neither are Slach’s candid pics or some stories about him.) Meanwhile Slash gets praise when there’s one pic of him sitting on a couch during one of London’s rehearsals... Seems a bit biased. And yeah I love Slash for being the rockstar he is but once you start having an opinion on his (ex-) wife can you should look more closely to the person Slash. My 5 cents.

Also, this forum has become an example of the conservative and misogynist backlash going on in the US as well as in many parts in Europe lately. So thanks for posts like this, @killuridols, they warm my heart.

She speaks of that in the podcast and she also addresses the cheating on Renee. I thought that was very honest from her but it also feels like she has no remorse about that, maybe because she thinks Slash should have taken care of his wife and not her? I would have loved the host had dug deeper in that answer.

Perla said she is the one managing Classless Act now but she's trying to find someone else to do it because she's learned her lesson and how difficult it is to manage a person who is also your family, without breaking something or causing trouble.

It looks like they are both actively participating of London's career but for TMZ is more juicy to make headlines of how she's not allowed to go see her son's show :facepalm:

Aww, you're welcome! The rise of the extreme right is so bad and they are hitting hard over the Internet. Places like this and social media are extremely dangerous for the manipulation of the young minds. So sad to see a step back with all of this but I guess it's part of the battle. You don't make the revolution without a hassle and the streets are full of people and women claiming for their rights.

19 minutes ago, Lio said:

@killuridols I just meant I'm not biased by male views. I'm capable of forming my own opinion. And yes, looks are a part of it. Your outfit says something about you too. I don't know her, I haven't met her, so I'm basing my (irrelevant) opinion on what I see and hear.

Yeah, it depends on what type of situation you are judging by outfit, so it's very dangerous to go by that.

For example, you can judge someone's outfit when you just called them for a job interview. We know in that environment, outfit is an important part of the overall interview (shouldn't be the main though) but if you judge what a woman was wearing when she was abused or raped, that's wrong.

23 minutes ago, Lio said:

I know quite a few men actually who have taken care of an aging parent or a sick relative or partner. To my experience, it most certainly isn't 99% the woman, but it probably has a lot to do with which part of the world you live in. Some parts are more emancipated than others for sure, for some the road is still longer than for others.

Totally agree with the bolded but I don't think a big portion of men are taking the caregiver role, even in the most advanced societies, women take that place for the most time.

Also women live longer, which naturally turns them into caregivers of their aging parents and ill husbands or brothers and sisters too.

27 minutes ago, Lio said:

Something else I just thought of when I read about the making sure the kids are secure for life... It's funny how different people see it. You also have people like Sting or Elton John saying their kids won't inherit their fortune and will have to work for their money themselves, as they think being a trust fund kid is more detrimental to you than having to work for it yourself.

Yeah, I guess it has to do with different styles in parenting. Some people want their kids to learn it the hard way, others go out of their ways to satisfy them.

I think in Perla's case it has a lot to do with her cultural background... as a Latin woman she is over protective and possessive and she's a tiger for her children, no matter how old they are. We Latin people usually talk about "suffering" our moms even when we are already grandmas ourselves :lol: and the other reason I think it's because she didn't have too many things as a child, she was at foster homes so that influences the way you want to parent your children when you have them, because you know what is like to have nothing.

33 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

It’s not that we’re not giving her credit, but you don’t ever put your children in the middle of adult business in any way shape or form. 

I guess you can do that when you are not a public person like they are.

You should listen to the podcast, more exactly the part where she tells how the kids found out they were going to divorce.

That kind of thing doesn't happen to us regulars mortals. It's a situation none of us will know how to handle unless we've gone through it.

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Gotta think about that.

This!!! As much as I question and shaking my head at Perla or even Susan, gotta remember that without them, there won't be GN'R that we see today. They are strong women in their own way.

Most of rockstars and their partners are wacko anyway. But then again when you live that kind of lifestyle, you are bound to be insane.

Edited by tifalucis
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1