GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

18 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Hi, this is my first post (I've registered for this forum just recently). And english is not my first language, so my writing may not be perfect. 

I'm Izzy fan :headbang: so I have read the whole Wacky world of Ominous Izzy Stradlin an the NO! gang -thread through. The "Ned Flanders" thing about Duff comes from a story that somebody posted on wacky thread.  If somebody has already answered you, then my answer is pointless. But here it goes: 

In a nutshell: During some festival in their Velvet Revolver days, Duff got really mad  about something (I can't remember what about at the moment) but he was having a serious hissy fit and his wife was trying to calm him down.   Somebody on the wacky-thread commented that she/he was happy to know that Duff is human being with real feelings after all, not some perfectly balanced "Ned Flanders", that he likes to present himself as in the media. So some people still keep calling Duff Ned Flanders on that thread. I personally find it cute. 

What I find kinda sad about these forums in general, is how much pointless bashing and arguing there is going on.:bitchfight: Most of the arguments are not based on facts, but speculation, half-truths,  rumors and lies.

If you asked a valid/polite question on the wacky-thread and my fellow Izzy fans told you to leave the thread, I apologize on behalf of them. Clearly, Stradlin is the kind of guy who can stop your mind functioning properly.:drool:    Well I guess same applies to any die-hard fans of any artist...   

I love Izzy :Pand GNR (the classic lineup to be exact). I have bought a ticket for the GNR concert here in Finland in July. They actually come to my hometown, so I don't even have to travel.

I'm really sad that the one member of the group I'd like to see the most won't very likely  be there (only in my dreams maybe) But I'm going anyway because I'm pretty sure this is the only chance I'm ever gonna have to see them live. I take what I can get.  Does anyone else have these kind of feelings???

Welcome. I remember that story about Duff having a hissy fit, it was discussed here in this thread at some point as well. @MillionsOfSpiders was the one who told it I think.

And I'm pretty sure many people share your feelings. I certainly do. I never thought we'd get what we have now, so I'm already pretty happy about the current situation. I'd like to see Izzy involved in this as well, but like I said earlier, that's not up to us and all we can do is wait and see how things develop and if the guys can sort themselves out.

39 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

And I don't remember if this one was posted or not, but it has Axl and Slash partying together, and Axl wearing nothing but a towel :P

tumblr_onzixhYZqB1vkt6tqo1_500.jpg

Slash and Axl having an orgy with a bunch of ugly people

39 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Also just saw this:

tumblr_oofz9vDHc41vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

Full page scan of the "Axl singing in choir" picture. Which actually has another picture with Axl in it at the top. The kid in the middle of the second row with the plaid shirt.

Look what a tiny little munchkin he is there :wub::wub:

The only kid even tinier than him is the one right in front of him lol.

Makes me want to grab him an adopt him again right away

EDIT: The forum shrinks some of the pictures for some reason (like the first picture of Axl or the school choir picture). I'll try to figure out how to get the bigger version to display.

EDIT 2: This is slightly better I guess. Meh.

bigger2.png

He really is tiny compared to most of the other kids there. Same with the track team picture.

No wonder he got bullied so much. It's one thing to be a weird kid with behavioral problems if you're big and imposing, but it's quite another thing if you're also small and weak in addition to that.

I certainly am glad I was always on the tall and not easily pushed around side of things.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

Lol @Andy14 :lol: that bunny needs a bandana and frizzy hair to look more like Axl!

But I understand you were in a hurry to go celebrate your pagan rituals of tonight :rofl-lol:

13065781_1578941119102349_1217286974_n.p

killurass_zpso6aiycgt.jpg

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

@Andy14 definitely is a model with her height and long legs and everything

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

14517d2efde553da.jpg

* Feed your sushi-roll reasonably to maintain the size

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you know ancient art of taming? 

"Come and play with me," proposed the little prince. "I am so unhappy."

"I cannot play with you," the fox said. "I am not tamed."

"Ah! Please excuse me," said the little prince.

But, after some thought, he added:

"What does that mean--'tame'?"

The fox gazed at the little prince, for a long time.

"Please--tame me!" he said.

"I want to, very much," the little prince replied. "But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand."

"One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox. "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you want a friend, tame me . . ."

"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince.

"You must be very patient," replied the fox. "First you will sit down at a little distance from me--like that--in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, every day . . ."

And he went back to meet the fox.

"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

"What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."

"It is the time I have wasted for my rose--" said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose . . ."

"I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

Edited by Alja
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Hi, this is my first post (I've registered for this forum just recently). And english is not my first language, so my writing may not be perfect. 

What I find kinda sad about these forums in general, is how much pointless bashing and arguing there is going on.:bitchfight: Most of the arguments are not based on facts, but speculation, half-truths,  rumors and lies.

I love Izzy :Pand GNR (the classic lineup to be exact). I have bought a ticket for the GNR concert here in Finland in July. They actually come to my hometown, so I don't even have to travel.

I'm really sad that the one member of the group I'd like to see the most won't very likely  be there (only in my dreams maybe) But I'm going anyway because I'm pretty sure this is the only chance I'm ever gonna have to see them live. I take what I can get.  Does anyone else have these kind of feelings??? 

Welcome! :) Your writing is great so no worries about that.

The arguments do get old at tImes true, so I just read and scroll, scroll, scroll. And like you I love the all the guys in the  classic lineup or the fab 5 I sometimes call them! You are very lucky that you don't have to travel to see them. I live in AK and know that they will most likely never go there haha! I am seeing them for the 2nd time this tour in San Antonio. Can't wait. :headbang: I would love to see all 5 guys up on stage but honestly never thought I would ever see the big 3 up there, so am still happy about that. But I still hold onto a sliver of hope that a full reunion may happen one day! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frey said:
8 hours ago, Lumikki said:

And I don't remember if this one was posted or not, but it has Axl and Slash partying together, and Axl wearing nothing but a towel :P

omg :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:  

I just spilled my glass of poison from reading that! :lol:

Who are those people and does this mean I still have a chance?? :awesomeface:

P.S. Axl looks 4 months pregnant under that towel :ph34r:

4 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

14517d2efde553da.jpg

Awww :unsure:

This is so so cute I'd have to print it out and post it in my chalkboard  :heart:

10 hours ago, Lumikki said:

9 hours ago, Frey said:

Slash: "Hey Ax, I invited some people to come round when you were in shower. Pick a can and act naturally."

15 hours ago, Frey said:

This is the Women's Thread. As I said in my earlier post, I was talking about the message board as a whole because things are slightly different here. I don't see many people justifying things Axl does wrong, if anything some people just try to see things from his perspective or try to understand why he did or said certain things. Which is not the same as justifying anything at all. How many people think the band sucks without him? Plenty. Just head over into D&N and start reading. And yes, again plenty. If I had a penny for every time someone says GNR were hypocritical for firing Steven because they were a bunch of junkies themselves, or any time someone claims Axl wanted to get rid of Steven because he never liked him, I wouldn't be rich, but I'd have a whole lot of pennies.

Again, I wasn't talking about this thread. This thread is full of women. I realize this is sterotyping to a certain extent, but women just tend to be more concerned with other people's emotions and are better at empathizing than the average guy, which creates a more forgiving and understanding environment than can be found in other places on this board. As for @killuridols, I don't hate her. I don't know any of you and I don't hate anyone here (with the exception of a couple of trolls we've had in the past who gave me the urch to punch them in the face). I really don't see what she has to do with this. Since the beginning of this thread, she has expressed plenty of times how much she is concerned and worries for Axl. That's where a lot of the things she says come from and I often share and express the same opinions she has, so...? I guess a lot of people must hate me too then lol.

I don't know what to tell you. I feel like in your eyes, Steven Adler is the most popular member of the band in the forum and almost everyone love talking shit about Slash and Axl. If I had a penny for every time someone calls Steven a junkie (even in present tense), I'd definitely have more pennies than you. It's like you see people like luduriagan or Maynard (whose negative comments towards Axl have nothing to do with Steven and Izzy btw) but you don't see people like MADDOGSOMETHING or Modano (who's been constantly bashing Steven completely out of the blue since I joined the forum).

I know this thread is different than the main section and that's something I really enjoy because there's less unnecessary fights and more interesting topics but overall, how annoying the main section can be has nothing to do with Steven and Izzy. There was a lot of discussion about that (which is obvious as the full reunion is an interesting topic as is new music) in the past few months since Steven did the interviews in january/february but there are several other things that were constantly coming up prior to that (Axl's voice, new music, lack of interaction between Slash, Axl and Duff, setlist, song's tempo, Slash's take on CD stuff, Axl not singing any Sluff songs) that will be there again as soon as they're touring and the real problem is not with a certain subject but with the way it's discussed IMO. 

16 hours ago, Frey said:

Who says Izzy isn't important? I've never seen anyone seriously express that sentiment who wasnt considered a t*oll anyway. Meanwhile, it's considered perfectly acceptable to talk shit about Axl every damn day (and to a certain extent also about Slash and Duff nowadays). So why the need to get so defensive over people saying negative things about Izzy, considering the amount of shit he gets is pretty small compared to what the others get? I'm a fan of Izzy too, I even have a couple of his solo albums lying right next to me at the moment, but I don't think the guy is as innocent and victimized in this situation as many people assume.

I was obviously being hyperbolic when I said "500 people", but again, just read the D&N section, there are enough threads over there that got completely derailed because someone said something negative about Izzy and/or Steven, which immediately leads to certain people swooping in and getting defensive, and in the process completely fucking up the thread and what it orignally was about.

And what's so fucked up about people thinking Duff is more important than Izzy? He is, in some ways, but very different ones than Izzy. Musically speaking, I'd argue Axl, Slash and Izzy were the driving forces behind GNR and therefore the most important ones in that sense. But when it comes to interpersonal relationships, mediating between people, making reasonable decisions in a business sense, taking advantage of connections and so on, Duff has become a very important factor these days. He already played that role to a certain extent back in the day, but it's become glaringly obvious nowadays. Without Duff, we would still be in the dark days of 2012 most likely.

Who says Izzy isn't important? Those who claim he's not needed because he doesn't move around the stage for example :facepalm: Who considers perfectly acceptable to talk shit about Axl every day? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Of course Axl is in the band so he plays the shows and there are things that get discussed over and over like his voice which gets overanalyzed during and after every show. Do I agree with it? NO! Do I think that's mean people looking for excuses to talk shit about Axl? Of course not! Now, when some people come up with absolute bullshit about Izzy (like "he could quit the band in the middle of a tour" :facepalm:), how are the people who refute that bullshit to blame instead of whoever said that nonsense?

What's so fucked up about people thinking Duff is more important than Izzy? Well, take a look at the setlist and there is your answer. And going further, when it comes to interpersonal relationships, mediating between people and all that, I have one thing to say; Slash, Axl and Duff have never released one single song (other than covers) since Izzy left the band. Izzy was the link between Slash and Axl, if Duff was meant to take that role, he failed big time. And IF he's responsible for the reunion (which is definitely not a crazy or far fecthed idea but so far it's not a fact either), that's great but that doesn't make him more important than Izzy anyway. I love Duff, always have, always will but I love Slash too and I won't claim he invented the electric guitar (he just plays it better than everybody else B-)).

17 hours ago, Frey said:

But anyway, let's not continue to argue about this any further because @killuridols is spot on about this:

You and I clearly perceive things very differently and there's no use in arguing about it.

I agree with both of you. Maybe because my fingers are already bleeding :ph34r:

15 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Also why hasn't this been posted here yet? It's an instant classic lol.

tumblr_oo3hxmupRW1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

So many awesome pics! Loved this one, Duff looks like he's about to start drooling :lol: (Also looks like evil @Frey punched Steven's left eye :ph34r::P)

I'm curious about that Axel / Bunz + Noses autograph :rofl-lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Duff, I wanted to ask you guys about a rumor. Many years ago I heard that Duff was asked back in 1993 to join the Rolling Stones but he rejected the offer because he wanted to stay in GNR. Never found anything about it so I'm not sure if it was some stupid lie someone made up or if it's just a not so well known fact. Anyone heard about it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Speaking of Duff, I wanted to ask you guys about a rumor. Many years ago I heard that Duff was asked back in 1993 to join the Rolling Stones but he rejected the offer because he wanted to stay in GNR. Never found anything about it so I'm not sure if it was some stupid lie someone made up or if it's just a not so well known fact. Anyone heard about it?

I have never heard about this and I'm the biggest fan :P (j/k)

:ph34r:

45 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Duff looks so cute here :wub:

Awwww :wub: :heart: Duffie.... :hug:

11 hours ago, Alja said:

"Come and play with me," proposed the little prince. "I am so unhappy."

"I cannot play with you," the fox said. "I am not tamed."

"Ah! Please excuse me," said the little prince.

But, after some thought, he added:

"What does that mean--'tame'?"

The fox gazed at the little prince, for a long time.

"Please--tame me!" he said.

"I want to, very much," the little prince replied. "But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand."

"One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox. "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you want a friend, tame me . . ."

"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince.

"You must be very patient," replied the fox. "First you will sit down at a little distance from me--like that--in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, every day . . ."

And he went back to meet the fox.

"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

"What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."

"It is the time I have wasted for my rose--" said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose . . ."

"I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

You just quoted one of my favorite books of all time. Thank you.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@BorderlineCrazy Never heard anything about Duff being offered a job in The Rolling Stones, don't think he'd really fit in with Mick and Keef. It'd be like like Slash playing with The Stone Roses - a fucking grim idea! :) 

Wasn't there a rumor that Slash wanted to join The Stone Roses and they rejected him? I swear I read that a while ago here in the forum (or I've already lost my mind) :lol:

24 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Wasn't there a rumor that Slash wanted to join The Stone Roses and they rejected him? I swear I read that a while ago here in the forum (or I've already lost my mind) :lol:

Yeah, it's true. Slash and The Stone Roses:lol: I would've loved it, even if it is the worst idea in the world ever. 

20 hours ago, Lumikki said:

tumblr_oo3hxmupRW1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

5 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So many awesome pics! Loved this one, Duff looks like he's about to start drooling :lol: (Also looks like evil @Frey punched Steven's left eye :ph34r::P)

Dude, he looks seriously sick there, unhealthy pale, swollen face and brownish eyelids (& out of his head, too, which does not add to the impression) :no:

1 hour ago, Alja said:

Dude, he looks seriously sick there, unhealthy pale, swollen face and brownish eyelids (& out of his head, too, which does not add to the impression) :no:

You mean Duff? I think that's his skin color and his hair is actually brown. I'm sure he was drunk but he wasn't that fucked up at that point (now the '93 pictures, that's pretty awful). Probably just an unfortunate shot.

Now if you meant Steven, I think this is one of the pictures when he looks the best ever (except fot the fact that he's not smiling so he looks weird :lol:) and if you meant the woman behind, there's something about her mouth that makes me think she's on coke (?)

Slash's hair seems to be burning but he's too cool to give a fuck

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You mean Duff? I think that's his skin color and his hair is actually brown. I'm sure he was drunk but he wasn't that fucked up at that point (now the '93 pictures, that's pretty awful). Probably just an unfortunate shot.

Now if you meant Steven, I think this is one of the pictures when he looks the best ever (except fot the fact that he's not smiling so he looks weird :lol:) and if you meant the woman behind, there's something about her mouth that makes me think she's on coke (?)

Slash's hair seems to be burning but he's too cool to give a fuck

Yes, Duff. This was already bad, not to mention what will come. I have one really bad photo of Duff in my collection, just to see the difference you can make if you start to care about yourself - and even if you are really f*cked up, with proper care there is still hope. The next photo is shiny, happy, fit Duff from current tour. 

Steven looks pretty good here. Compare the skin color and cheeks of these two blondes (or the woman, she is pale, too), even if you take in count possible effect of flash, Duff is too pale. Brownish eyelids appear in some people when chronically exhausted and his seem slightly swollen; he doesn`t have that brownish shade now and he would have much more hooded eyelids now, if that was his healthy face in the past.

Since coke is not that popular here (rather meth), I haven`t got too much experience with its users. But with these guys around I won`t argue it`s all soda and sweets.

Just my two cents, if I saw my friend looking like this, most probably I would advise him to find some help.

Edited by Alja