GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

@killuridols I agree about the resemblance with Stuart.

---

I could say that the guy was handsome, although there's something creepy and annoying about him - or maybe it's just an impression and I'm biased because of what we know about him.

Yes, he looks way more handsome than who we assume would be Rose Sr. but I don't see anything creepy about him...

In fact, looooool, I think he looks a lot like this actor who used to be one of the three children in the American sitcom "The Nannny" :lol:.

His name is Benjamin Salisbury:

18895405.jpg

Axl's father reminds me of young Chester Benington in that pic where he's wearing the glasses.

f726e39d9a5f8c8de0c658f43a1faf62.jpg

---------------------

Damn, I missed all the fight :( If only argentinean justice was as fast as @alfierose :P

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, he looks way more handsome than who we assume would be Rose Sr. but I don't see anything creepy about him...

In fact, looooool, I think he looks a lot like this actor who used to be one of the three children in the American sitcom "The Nannny" :lol:.

His name is Benjamin Salisbury:

18895405.jpg

Oh, that show... I used to like it but eventually got sick of it. I imagine the little girl must have grandchildren already :P

On a more serious note, I'm blown away by the amount of stuff @Blackstar has found. There are like 800 pages between both Women's Threads yet she came up with all this new things! smiley_praiseme.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

Hi everyone

I've cleaned up this thread and issued a warning and suspension where I felt applicable. I don't quite understand where the derailment sprung from but it is absolutely not acceptable for anyone to reference the PM discussion of a few weeks back to attack @killuridols or indeed any PMs between staff and members.

Apologies to everyone who has had posts removed but I think it's best just to move back on with the discussion.

Wow, I'm gone for a day and all hell breaks loose. Geez! Kinda glad I missed this one. We need the tour to resume quickly.

Edited by Ubukitty
  • Like 2

This pic of Stuart with a beard looks almost exactly like toothpaste smile guy to me...so that, in conjuction with Blackstars pic, yep, my mind has been changed and i would say that is indeed the stepfather in that family photo posted a few dozen pages ago.  Also, i read somewhere in some obscure article that when Sharon and L. Stephen married, that he brought a child of his own into the union. Could this be true I wonder? If Axl was four when they got married, could Stuart have possibly already been born to Bailey and someone else? That would go toward explaining why an 18 yr old kid would marry a woman who already had 2 children of her own..

Image may contain: 3 people

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Also, i read somewhere in some obscure article that when Sharon and L. Stephen married, that he brought a child of his own into the union. Could this be true I wonder? If Axl was four when they got married, could Stuart have possibly already been born to Bailey and someone else? That would go toward explaining why an 18 yr old kid would marry a woman who already had 2 children of her own..

The one Stuart Bailey I found in this age range graduated from High School in 1984 (which normally makes him 17-18 by then). Axl's mother and the stepfather were married in Jan. 1966, so maybe you've got something here.

Edited by Blackstar

58 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

This pic of Stuart with a beard looks almost exactly like toothpaste smile guy to me...so that, in conjuction with Blackstars pic, yep, my mind has been changed and i would say that is indeed the stepfather in that family photo posted a few dozen pages ago.  Also, i read somewhere in some obscure article that when Sharon and L. Stephen married, that he brought a child of his own into the union. Could this be true I wonder? If Axl was four when they got married, could Stuart have possibly already been born to Bailey and someone else? That would go toward explaining why an 18 yr old kid would marry a woman who already had 2 children of her own..

Stuart seems like he's a genuinely nice man from what everyone's said. And in this photo there's something very kind about him. Have no idea why, but that's just the vibe I get from the photo.

I wonder if someone got their wires crossed in that article, and what they meant was that the stepfather and Axl's mom had a kid within *their* marriage. In the childhood photos, Stuart is noticeably younger than his two siblings. He also does share some facial and hair similarities with Axl and his mom.

In the 1960s it would have been very unusual for a young man to get custody of a kid, as well.

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The one Stuart Bailey I found in this age range graduated from High School in 1984 (which normally makes him 17-18 by then). Axl's mother and the stepfather were married in Jan. 1966, so maybe you've got something here.

If he graduated in 1984 he'd have been born in 1966 or 1967 - so that would have been after they got married.

@Blackstar, I have to say that I am amazed by all the goodies you're finding. I had no idea they had yearbooks and newspapers on that site. Thank you for doing the legwork to bring all this info to the table.

Edited by stella

10 minutes ago, stella said:

If he graduated in 1984 he'd have been born in 1966 or 1967 - so that would have been after they got married.

Yes, you're right. It's almost 4 a.m. here and my math has gone to sleep :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, stella said:

Stuart seems like he's a genuinely nice man from what everyone's said. And in this photo there's something very kind about him. Have no idea why, but that's just the vibe I get from the photo.

I wonder if someone got their wires crossed in that article, and what they meant was that the stepfather and Axl's mom had a kid within *their* marriage. In the childhood photos, Stuart is noticeably younger than his two siblings. He also does share some facial and hair similarities with Axl and his mom.

In the 1960s it would have been very unusual for a young man to get custody of a kid, as well.

Indeed it would be unusual for a man to get custody. But it was also unusual in those days for a woman to keep a baby out of wedlock, most were given up for adoption. So i wondered if his family, being religious, would not allow that..and the natural mother did not want to be in the picture. Now, I know i am reaching here.. :lol: esp in light of the dates..he woud have had to basically still be a baby and maybe fail a year in school for the dates to line up.. but the wording of the article was very clear that he already had a child. I wish i could find it.  (not that it means it's true, most articles are contradictory about Amy and Stuart anyway..) 

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Axl's father reminds me of young Chester Benington in that pic where he's wearing the glasses.

f726e39d9a5f8c8de0c658f43a1faf62.jpg

---------------------

Damn, I missed all the fight :( If only argentinean justice was as fast as @alfierose :P

Oh, that show... I used to like it but eventually got sick of it. I imagine the little girl must have grandchildren already :P

Loooool, Alfie should come teach something to the judges and lawyers here :lol:

Little girl is a charming young lady now. I love the show and I still watch it on TCM. 

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Stuart is definitely younger than Axl and Amy but he looks older than them nowadays. Not that he ever looked good when he was young but now it is more noticeable his lack of personal care.

That's a crazy theory about this kid being only Stephen's son. I'm not sure the 60's were popular by "assembled families". All the contrary, I'd say. Yet it is kind of unusual that Sharon would find a husband so soon, having two children of her own already. She must have been very pretty and irresistible.

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Why is Duff dressing like Izzy??? 

Because he's Ned Flanders and likes paying homage to the estranged band members. Next shows he will be looking like Steven or Buckethead :P

49 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Indeed it would be unusual for a man to get custody. But it was also unusual in those days for a woman to keep a baby out of wedlock, most were given up for adoption.

She didn't have him out of wedlock because she got married to Rose before she had him. That new picture of her @Blackstar posted before is from December 1961, so Axl was about to be born.

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

She didn't have him out of wedlock because she got married to Rose before she had him. That new picture of her @Blackstar posted before is from December 1961, so Axl was about to be born.

Oh, I was talking about Stuart's "supposed" "other" birth mother, and that maybe she wanted to give him up for adoption, and that's why maybe Stephen Bailey had full custody of him. (lot of maybes in here lol).

But I agree, Axl's mother must indeed have had something special about her, perhaps even had the same type of charisma he does.

15 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I said the same thing to myself when I got a chance to pop in.

Yes, we def need the tour and new pics, I'm starting to go down the rabbit hole here.. :lol:

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Indeed it would be unusual for a man to get custody. But it was also unusual in those days for a woman to keep a baby out of wedlock, most were given up for adoption. So i wondered if his family, being religious, would not allow that..and the natural mother did not want to be in the picture. Now, I know i am reaching here.. :lol: esp in light of the dates..he woud have had to basically still be a baby and maybe fail a year in school for the dates to line up.. but the wording of the article was very clear that he already had a child. I wish i could find it.  (not that it means it's true, most articles are contradictory about Amy and Stuart anyway..) 

Totally, anything is possible...but I really don't think this one is true. It would also mean that Stuart and Amy would have to have been born around the same year - since Amy apparently is about 3 years younger than Axl, that would put her birth year around 1965. If Stuart were born before Axl's mom married Bailey, he also would have been born in 1965 or earlier. In the photos, though, he's a peanut next to the other two kids and is clearly younger than both of them.

In that day and age, especially in a religious family, if the stepfather got someone pregnant, they would have been forced to get married. Otherwise, the girl would have had to go away and have the baby somewhere else, and give it up for adoption. They would have given custody to the grandparents, or a complete stranger, over the father.

The other thing that happened with kids in that era is that the grandparents would take the baby and pretend that it was their kid. They'd raise it as their own. Their mom would be presented as their "sister." That actually happened with Bobby Darrin, the singer from the mid-20th century: when he grew up, he discovered that his "sister" was actually his mother, and his "mother" was actually his grandmother.

7f2d1ed33aefa31739836772e394a96c.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stella said:

Totally, anything is possible...but I really don't think this one is true. It would also mean that Stuart and Amy would have to have been born around the same year - since Amy apparently is about 3 years younger than Axl, that would put her birth year around 1965. If Stuart were born before Axl's mom married Bailey, he also would have been born in 1965 or earlier. In the photos, though, he's a peanut next to the other two kids and is clearly younger than both of them.

Axl's and Amy's parents were divorced in Jan. 1965. Probably the age difference is 2 years between Axl and Amy and then 2 between Amy and Stewart.

In that day and age, especially in a religious family, if the stepfather got someone pregnant, they would have been forced to get married. Otherwise, the girl would have had to go away and have the baby somewhere else, and give it up for adoption. They would have given custody to the grandparents, or a complete stranger, over the father.

The other thing that happened with kids in that era is that the grandparents would take the baby and pretend that it was their kid. They'd raise it as their own. Their mom would be presented as their "sister." That actually happened with Bobby Darrin, the singer from the mid-20th century: when he grew up, he discovered that his "sister" was actually his mother, and his "mother" was actually his grandmother.

7f2d1ed33aefa31739836772e394a96c.jpg

Yes, this is how it was, more or less.

Stuart looks almost exactly like his father's pic here.

Edited by Blackstar
added

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl's and Amy's parents were divorced in Jan. 1965. Probably the age difference is 2 years between Axl and Amy and then 2 between Amy and Stewart.

Yes, this is how it was, more or less.

Stuart looks almost exactly like his father's pic here.

Ah, didn't realize they were divorced a year prior. Two years between each of them does sound totally plausible.

Edited by stella

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

Because he's Ned Flanders and likes paying homage to the estranged band members. Next shows he will be looking like Steven or Buckethead :P

Well of course. I forgot. :lol:

The best thing for Duff/Ned Flanders to do, is to dress as all the estranged band members of GnR at the same time. That would be one mind blowing experience for the audience.:P

DO IT NED! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu1cfu1uPC_UV6OGtdY7S

7 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Don't remember if I already said this, but thanks for all your hardwork and your great finds, @Blackstar (and @triad!). I've been following this band since I was a kid basically and it's pretty amazing to finally know what all these people look like and to have some solid information instead of vague rumors and half-truths.

I agree that Stuart looks a lot like his stepfather and that polo shirt guy in the blurry pics looks like that picture of young Stephen Bailey too.

Shows how deceving appearance can be, I guess. I think @Whiskey Rose mentioned some timae ago that polo shirt guy looks like a nice, jocular fellow and I agree. No wonder he had an easy time getting away with what he did.

--------

Anyway, new "mystery years" pic of Axl? 1995 or 1996 guessing by the way he looks.

He's got such a sad puppy expression in this one, it's kind of heartbreaking.

axlsadsadas.png

The picture above must have been taken on the same day as this one:

tumblr_oouxw8mCPx1vkt6tqo1_400.jpg

And there's apparently even a kind of interesting story to go with it:

‘Axl strode into our guitar show at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium with sort of a cocky, arrogant air about him. His entourage surrounded him and were clearing him a path through the crowd. Heather stepped between them, and asked Axl if he would take a picture with her. He didn’t even acknowledge that she was standing there and kept walking. Well, that didn’t sit too well with my little Cherokee bride (4’ 10" tall, 99 pounds). She reached out, grabbed him by the arm and said, “You get over here right now and take a picture with my daughter. Who do you think is responsible for your success? It’s your fans!”  He said, “Yes, Ma'am”, and proceeded to pose with Heather.’

I don't really approve of these people's behavior, but it's kind of interesting to me that Axl will usually submit to elderly ladies or "mom types" scolding him or telling him what to do. There are a couple of stories like that and they always end in Axl doing what he is told, in a rather resigned way.

Other random new-ish pics, like Slash pulling a funny face lol:

tumblr_ooq3d2gPA71vkt6tqo1_540.jpg

And Axl being pretty:

tumblr_ootggbC1Fq1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ooq871ZOVl1vkt6tqo1_500.jpg

(Credit for all of this stuff basically goes to katyaani on Tumblr again)

Axl minding his elders (especially women) is one of those things that is drilled into the minds of us Midwestern kids at an early age. I grew up in a small Illinois town in an era where the whole neighborhood was able to discipline each other's children, and maybe (not saying it's fact) Axl had the same kind of experience.  So the submitting to motherly types is probably (again not stating this as fact) second nature to him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Don't remember if I already said this, but thanks for all your hardwork and your great finds, @Blackstar (and @triad!). I've been following this band since I was a kid basically and it's pretty amazing to finally know what all these people look like and to have some solid information instead of vague rumors and half-truths.

I agree that Stuart looks a lot like his stepfather and that polo shirt guy in the blurry pics looks like that picture of young Stephen Bailey too.

Shows how deceving appearance can be, I guess. I think @Whiskey Rose mentioned some timae ago that polo shirt guy looks like a nice, jocular fellow and I agree. No wonder he had an easy time getting away with what he did.

--------

Anyway, new "mystery years" pic of Axl? 1995 or 1996 guessing by the way he looks.

He's got such a sad puppy expression in this one, it's kind of heartbreaking.

axlsadsadas.png

The picture above must have been taken on the same day as this one:

tumblr_oouxw8mCPx1vkt6tqo1_400.jpg

And there's apparently even a kind of interesting story to go with it:

‘Axl strode into our guitar show at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium with sort of a cocky, arrogant air about him. His entourage surrounded him and were clearing him a path through the crowd. Heather stepped between them, and asked Axl if he would take a picture with her. He didn’t even acknowledge that she was standing there and kept walking. Well, that didn’t sit too well with my little Cherokee bride (4’ 10" tall, 99 pounds). She reached out, grabbed him by the arm and said, “You get over here right now and take a picture with my daughter. Who do you think is responsible for your success? It’s your fans!”  He said, “Yes, Ma'am”, and proceeded to pose with Heather.’

I don't really approve of these people's behavior, but it's kind of interesting to me that Axl will usually submit to elderly ladies or "mom types" scolding him or telling him what to do. There are a couple of stories like that and they always end in Axl doing what he is told, in a rather resigned way.

Other random new-ish pics, like Slash pulling a funny face lol:

tumblr_ooq3d2gPA71vkt6tqo1_540.jpg

And Axl being pretty:

tumblr_ootggbC1Fq1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ooq871ZOVl1vkt6tqo1_500.jpg

(Credit for all of this stuff basically goes to katyaani on Tumblr again)

How nice pics!!

• Like 1