GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Anyway, new "mystery years" pic of Axl? 1995 or 1996 guessing by the way he looks.

He's got such a sad puppy expression in this one, it's kind of heartbreaking.

axlsadsadas.png

And there's apparently even a kind of interesting story to go with it:

‘Axl strode into our guitar show at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium with sort of a cocky, arrogant air about him. His entourage surrounded him and were clearing him a path through the crowd. Heather stepped between them, and asked Axl if he would take a picture with her. He didn’t even acknowledge that she was standing there and kept walking. Well, that didn’t sit too well with my little Cherokee bride (4’ 10" tall, 99 pounds). She reached out, grabbed him by the arm and said, “You get over here right now and take a picture with my daughter. Who do you think is responsible for your success? It’s your fans!”  He said, “Yes, Ma'am”, and proceeded to pose with Heather.’

:o

Awesome Lumikki! Yes, that's definitely from the mistery years. We have to make a post with a timeline of all these pics then have @Frey indexing it.

One question... Who is telling that story? What guitar show?

They also mention the "entourage". Would be so cool to know who were part of the "mistery years" entourage since this has seem to change throughout the decades.

Lol, I'm not sure about the Axl obeying old ladies. Sounds like an exaggeration from who is telling the story. Or Axl was so appalled by that time he would act like a soft kitty?? Sounds very strange to me...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Lol, I'm not sure about the Axl obeying old ladies. Sounds like an exaggeration from who is telling the story. Or Axl was so appalled by that time he would act like a soft kitty?? Sounds very strange to me...

It's his Midwestern breeding lol. I speak from experience :P

Just a little something to add to @killuridols curiosity...

The South may have their southern hospitality, but here in the Midwest, we have exemplary manners. Saying please, thank you, holding a door open, showing appreciation, giving compliments, etc. all go a long way.

Thinking of manners here in the Midwest the saying "treat others as you want to be treated" comes to mind, and it's something we all try our best to do.

I think it's bit of an exaggeration...didn't Axl have an incident with shash's grandmother  (making her sleep on the sofa or something? How are you going to allow someone disrespect your grandmother like idk...) And slash trying to get him to apologize and he jumped out of a moving car? And locking his grandmother in the closet when he had a girl come over, something to that fact? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I've read about these two before, I'm from the Midwest as well so I don't think that really has anything to do with it. It's about the individual, and maybe the older lady caught Axl off guard, etc? 

Edited by Tainted1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

44 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

It`s valid for whole world: Never ever mess up with old lady with attitude. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

:o

Awesome Lumikki! Yes, that's definitely from the mistery years. We have to make a post with a timeline of all these pics then have @Frey indexing it.

One question... Who is telling that story? What guitar show?

They also mention the "entourage". Would be so cool to know who were part of the "mistery years" entourage since this has seem to change throughout the decades.

Yeah, timeline picture post would be a good idea.

The story was posted together with the picture of Axl with the girl on Tumblr. I assume whoever originally posted that picture described it like that. Going by the story itself, it sounds like it is the father of the daughter ("Heather") telling the story: Heather wanted a picture and Axl ignored her (or didn't notice her, to be fair). Heather's mother (the "little Cherokee bride") got pissy at Axl for ignoring her daughter, grabbed him and told him to get his ass over here and take a picture with her daughter.

No idea what kind of guitar show it was.

As for his entourage, by that time it would likely have consisted of Beta, Dougie, Craig Duwalt also might still have been around (I don't remember anymore when he left the picture), maybe Vanessa already, maybe one (or both) of his siblings, maybe some old friends from Lafayette...

About the story itself...

It's possible the guy who is telling the story is exaggerating, but I could easily see it being true. Axl looks miserable and unhappy in both of the pictures from that day, and we know he was very depressed and in a bad place mentally in general during that time. I could see him being so numb and resigned to everything that he just did whatever these people wanted so they'd leave him alone.

5 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Axl minding his elders (especially women) is one of those things that is drilled into the minds of us Midwestern kids at an early age. I grew up in a small Illinois town in an era where the whole neighborhood was able to discipline each other's children, and maybe (not saying it's fact) Axl had the same kind of experience.  So the submitting to motherly types is probably (again not stating this as fact) second nature to him.

There's a funny story (I think it's even indexed already) about a little old lady from Lafayette who already knew Axl as kid telling him to "get back into the other line now, Bill!" or something when he was already a big ass rock star and thought he could use that to his adavantage. He obeyed :P

His grandma also mentioned that she liked having Axl live with her and that he helped her around the house. So there were at least two ladies in Lafayette he treated respectfully and didn't dare to mess with :P

1 hour ago, Tainted1 said:

I think it's bit of an exaggeration...didn't have an incident with shash's grandmother  (making her sleep on the sofa or something? How are you going to allow someone disrespect your grandmother like idk...) And slash trying to get him to apologize and he jumped out of a moving car? And locking his grandmother in the closet when he had a girl come over, something to that fact? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I've read about these two before, I'm from the Midwest as well so I don't think that really has anything to do with it. It's about the individual, and maybe the older lady caught Axl off guard, etc? 

I've never ever heard a story about Axl locking his grandmother into a closet and I've heard a lot of stories labout Axl lol.

The thing with Slash's grandmother is true. But he didn't make her sleep on the sofa, Axl fell asleep on Slash's grandma's sofa and when she woke him up (because she wanted to sit down on the sofa to watch TV) he told her to fuck off or something. Later, Slash tried to gently tell Axl that he had to apologize to his grandma if he wanted to keep living with them, and Axl reacted very strangely to that if Slash is to be believed.

So strangely in fact, that I think Axl wasn't really in a stable or normal frame of mind during the time this stuff happened. I've talked about this incident before to @Blackstar and we have very similar thoughts on it. I wouldn't necessarily take it as indicative of anything therefore.

--------

And a slightly related question about this picture I just saw as well.

This is Axl on the Maldives apparently. Was there ever any GNR or business- related reason for him to be on the Maldives that I forgot about?

Or did he actually go on holiday there? I'm asking because we hear surprsingly rarely about Axl travelling or going on a holiday somewhere.

Throughout the last decades the only thing I can think of is him travelling around China and him apparently visiting the Easter Islands in the 90s.

I also figure he might have been in Brazil a couple of times with the Lebeises.

tumblr_oov6l97HUx1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tainted1 said:

I think it's bit of an exaggeration...didn't Axl have an incident with shash's grandmother  (making her sleep on the sofa or something? How are you going to allow someone disrespect your grandmother like idk...) And slash trying to get him to apologize and he jumped out of a moving car? And locking his grandmother in the closet when he had a girl come over, something to that fact? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I've read about these two before, I'm from the Midwest as well so I don't think that really has anything to do with it. It's about the individual, and maybe the older lady caught Axl off guard, etc? 

What you say is true about each experience being different. (hence the pre-courser of not stating it as fact) ?

2 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Just a little something to add to @killuridols curiosity...

The South may have their southern hospitality, but here in the Midwest, we have exemplary manners. Saying please, thank you, holding a door open, showing appreciation, giving compliments, etc. all go a long way.

Thinking of manners here in the Midwest the saying "treat others as you want to be treated" comes to mind, and it's something we all try our best to do.

None of that applies to Axl, IMO :shrugs:

Most stories we've read about his childhood years describe him as problematic, getting into fights and disrespecting any kind of authority. If there is something Axl is not an example of, that is manners.

2 hours ago, Tainted1 said:

I haven't heard the locking his grandma in the closet, lol... I think he loved his grandma and I don't think he would have done that to her but the Slash grandma story is true, according to Slash. Although the the details of it are more in line with what @Lumikki explained in her comment.

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Going by the story itself, it sounds like it is the father of the daughter ("Heather") telling the story: Heather wanted a picture and Axl ignored her (or didn't notice her, to be fair). Heather's mother (the "little Cherokee bride") got pissy at Axl for ignoring her daughter, grabbed him and told him to get his ass over here and take a picture with her daughter.

Why do we assume that "little Cherokee bride" (I don't even know what this means) is an 'old lady'? 

It's possible the guy who is telling the story is exaggerating, but I could easily see it being true. Axl looks miserable and unhappy in both of the pictures from that day, and we know he was very depressed and in a bad place mentally in general during that time. I could see him being so numb and resigned to everything that he just did whatever these people wanted so they'd leave him alone.

I don't know. IMO, I feel the story is a little bullshitting. First of all, because the source is already unclear. There are parts missing. And second, because that's not the attitude of a typical Axl, even if he was depressed, it looks like he was not so depressed that he bothered taking his ass to a show or whatever.... He always looks miserable and unhappy in all pics, anyway... Aren't we always complaining about his ass face in pics with fans or pics in general? Even the ones taken in 2016-2017? :shrugs:

Im having a hard time picturing Axl being "grabbed by the arm" by a random woman (especially when he was surrounded by the entourage) and having this woman saying something so offensive to Axl like "who do you think it is responsible for your success? It is your fans!". I say it is "offensive" to him because when he visited this forum in 2008 and someone here told him a similar statement about owing shit to the fans he replied "I don't work for you. Just cuz you think so it doesn't make it true" and also "your misguided sense of entitlement doesn't dictate my actions". Which leads me to believe he doesn't think he owes anything to fans just because fans demand it and I highly doubt he would respond to such petition with a "yes, ma'am" :lol:

This is Axl on the Maldives apparently. Was there ever any GNR or business- related reason for him to be on the Maldives that I forgot about?

Or did he actually go on holiday there? I'm asking because we hear surprsingly rarely about Axl travelling or going on a holiday somewhere.

This is all I could find about it. Seems vacation.

http://www.dialaflight.com/magazine/2010/03/maldives_mar10.aspx

8 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Axl minding his elders (especially women) is one of those things that is drilled into the minds of us Midwestern kids at an early age. I grew up in a small Illinois town in an era where the whole neighborhood was able to discipline each other's children, and maybe (not saying it's fact) Axl had the same kind of experience.  So the submitting to motherly types is probably (again not stating this as fact) second nature to him.

:lol: Axl's manners :lol: They're horrible, it's kind of why I like him so much :P

---

@money honey

IMG_3725.JPG.0e5fd98f93b1a8a5b17e040ab94fb5fe.JPG

Typical Irish, getting the party going a MONTH before it really starts haha you guys are unreal!! :hug:

Let's hope Axl doesn't do this again

IMG_3723.JPG.ade39de6394c8c8408da97e2af1d8386.JPG

:awesomeface:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

About the story itself...

Yes, it sounds like a plausible story to me as well.

It reminds me of those creepy videos that appeared a couple of years ago in which these girls/women ordered him around and told him to do this or that. He appeared completely resigned and dead inside as well in these videos. Those weren't exactly mom types or elderly ladies, but still.

Also just reminded me of that incident with the St. Louis Biker who caused so much trouble during the show and made Axl lose his shit. I remember reading that the guy asked Axl for an autograph in the court room after he sued him. Axl must have thought the guy was completely insane, but biker guy insisted and Axl gave in and gave him his autograph iirc. Which I always found strange, because I'm a much more laid back and easy-going guy than Axl, but if it had been me in Axl's shoes, there's no way in hell I'd have given the guy what he wanted after he antagonized me for an entire show and then dragged me to court. And then had the nerve to demand an autograph. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

The thing with Slash's grandmother is true. But he didn't make her sleep on the sofa, Axl fell asleep on Slash's grandma's sofa and when she woke him up (because she wanted to sit down on the sofa to watch TV) he told her to fuck off or something. Later, Slash tried to gently tell Axl that he had to apologize to his grandma if he wanted to keep living with them, and Axl reacted very strangely to that if Slash is to be believed.

So strangely in fact, that I think Axl wasn't really in a stable or normal frame of mind during the time this stuff happened. I've talked about this incident before to @Blackstar and we have very similar thoughts on it. I wouldn't necessarily take it as indicative of anything therefore.

I remember thinking you guys had a really interesting interpretation of that incident. First and only one that has made sense to me so far. I should index that.

9 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Axl tends to forget his manners at times, but it's probably been drilled into him, yeah :P

5 hours ago, Tainted1 said:

I can think of two awful stories involving Axl and closets, but neither of them involve his grandmother. I think you're probably misremembering or confusing something ;)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

Why do we assume that "little Cherokee bride" (I don't even know what this means) is an 'old lady'? 

I don't know. IMO, I feel the story is a little bullshitting. First of all, because the source is already unclear. There are parts missing. And second, because that's not the attitude of a typical Axl, even if he was depressed, it looks like he was not so depressed that he bothered taking his ass to a show or whatever.... He always looks miserable and unhappy in all pics, anyway... Aren't we always complaining about his ass face in pics with fans or pics in general? Even the ones taken in 2016-2017? :shrugs:

Im having a hard time picturing Axl being "grabbed by the arm" by a random woman (especially when he was surrounded by the entourage) and having this woman saying something so offensive to Axl like "who do you think it is responsible for your success? It is your fans!". I say it is "offensive" to him because when he visited this forum in 2008 and someone here told him a similar statement about owing shit to the fans he replied "I don't work for you. Just cuz you think so it doesn't make it true" and also "your misguided sense of entitlement doesn't dictate my actions". Which leads me to believe he doesn't think he owes anything to fans just because fans demand it and I highly doubt he would respond to such petition with a "yes, ma'am" :lol:

This is all I could find about it. Seems vacation.

http://www.dialaflight.com/magazine/2010/03/maldives_mar10.aspx

We don't. I said "elderly ladies or 'mom types'" in my original post. And the lady in this story (if true) was clearly some kind of mama bear type, who got on Axl's ass for ignoring her daughter.

I remember reading a couple of stories similar to this over the years and Axl has always submitted or been polite to the elderly ladies and moms, even if they weren't very friendly to him (like this woman or the Lafayette ice cone lady).

Even Mr. Tender himself (China Exchange Guy) told a story about having Axl sit next to his old mother because he thought it would be funny to see Axl deal with an old Chinese lady or something :rolleyes: But to his disappointment, Axl was unfailingly polite and very kind to China Exchange Guy's mom :P And let's not forget Beta. Axl does what Beta tells him to do as well. Most of the time lol.

Maldives: Thanks. Seems vacation, yeah, especially if there's hardly anything to be found about it. Glad to see him doing stuff like that.

17 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yes, it sounds like a plausible story to me as well.

It reminds me of those creepy videos that appeared a couple of years ago in which these girls/women ordered him around and told him to do this or that. He appeared completely resigned and dead inside as well in these videos. Those weren't exactly mom types or elderly ladies, but still.

Also just reminded me of that incident with the St. Louis Biker who caused so much trouble during the show and made Axl lose his shit. I remember reading that the guy asked Axl for an autograph in the court room after he sued him. Axl must have thought the guy was completely insane, but biker guy insisted and Axl gave in and gave him his autograph iirc. Which I always found strange, because I'm a much more laid back and easy-going guy than Axl, but if it had been me in Axl's shoes, there's no way in hell I'd have given the guy what he wanted after he antagonized me for an entire show and then dragged me to court. And then had the nerve to demand an autograph. :facepalm:

Oh yeah, these vids creeped me out too. Guess it's a similar situation to what I was picturing, yeah.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

But Beta, Yoda and Axl's grandma do not have the same level of connection to him than some random rude woman at a guitar show. 

Of course he respects those that are close to him. The rest, I don't know.

I call bullshit on that story and I don't buy it. Which doesn't mean there could be some truth to it. A partial truth of how events developed.

Edit: there's a video of Axl in Argentina 2014 getting mad at Beta for not collaborating with him and some fans that were at the hotel demanding pictures with him. Beta wanted him to move on because, apparently, they were late for the airport, and Axl yelled at her and told her to take the pics.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The lady in the story was a Cherokee, maybe he recognised her from a past life? :lol:

Well duh :facepalm: Why didn't I realize that? We're talking about Axl, so this is obviously the most logical explanation for this story :lol::lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But Beta, Yoda and Axl's grandma do not have the same level of connection to him than some random rude woman at a guitar show. 

Of course he respects those that are close to him. The rest, I don't know.

I call bullshit on that story and I don't buy it. Which doesn't mean there could be some truth to it. A partial truth of how events developed.

Edit: there's a video of Axl in Argentina 2014 getting mad at Beta for not collaborating with him and some fans that were at the hotel demanding pictures with him. Beta wanted him to move on because, apparently, they were late for the airport, and Axl yelled at her and told her to take the pics.

Also, all those videos of when fans push it even a little bit too much and he runs off. He ran off in London 2016 :lol: And remember the video you posted when people were hassling him and his looked like it really freaked him out and he ran away. 

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Also, all those videos of when fans push it even a little bit too much and he runs off. He ran off in London 2016 :lol: And remember the video you posted when people were hassling him and his looked like it really freaked him out and he ran away. 

Lol yes, in Argentina 2011 or 2013. He was always upset in those videos, though.

We can't be sure if the story behind the pic in the guitar show is true; but like @Lumikki said there are a couple of stories of him being polite to older women.

In regards to how he reacts to the fans in situations like the one described in this story, I'd say that he probably has his days depending on the mood he is in. Most times he'd not take it well, but maybe sometimes he just lets it go.

About the "mystery years": I think that in the 90s, although as it seems he had periods of depression to the point to be suicidal, he went out - maybe not so much as before, but he did. There is just the impression that he didn't because there are only few pics from that period and he didn't do interviews, but the same goes for, e.g., Duff, who did a couple of interviews but there aren't many pics of him in those years (and also Duff has said that it wasn't true that Axl didn't go out then). Axl's most reclusive and mysterious years must have been 1999-2000 and 2002-2006 (especially the latter period).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Co-signing this as someone who has a lot of friends from the Midwest. :)

And often you will hear kids from certain areas in the USA always refer to adults with titles + first name - their next door neighbor will be "Miss Susan" or their bus driver at school will be "Mr. Tommy."  It's something that carries over into adulthood,and your elders or people you want to respect are still Mr. or Miss (first name) much of the time. Or Auntie or Uncle (first name). Remember how Axl referred to himself as "Uncle Axl" in a few of those NuGNR videos...

• Like 1

In terms of the guitar show, perhaps it was a combination of Axl being polite to an older woman + the fact that she'd said something that called attention to his own behavior. If the story is true he behaved pretty rudely by completely ignoring the girl who asked for a photo, and perhaps what the mother said actually got through to him.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

We can't be sure if the story behind the pic in the guitar show is true; but like @Lumikki said there are a couple of stories of him being polite to older women.

In regards to how he reacts to the fans in situations like the one described in this story, I'd say that he probably has his days depending on the mood he is in. Most times he'd not take it well, but maybe sometimes he just lets it go.

About the "mystery years": I think that in the 90s, although as it seems he had periods of depression to the point to be suicidal, he went out - maybe not so much as before, but he did. There is just the impression that he didn't because there are only few pics from that period and he didn't do interviews, but the same goes for, e.g., Duff, who did a couple of interviews but there aren't many pics of him in those years (and also Duff has said that it wasn't true that Axl didn't go out then). Axl's most reclusive and mysterious years must have been 1999-2000 and 2002-2006 (especially the latter period).

I agree, I think he probably did travel and do stuff; just not on the radar. He may not have even been recognized, especially with the short hair. There's a story from SPIN during the wilderness years where someone mentions seeing Axl at a RHCP show where nobody knew who he was and security was patting him down just like everyone else.

• Like 1

@solstar I think it was posted at the original Women's Thread but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, he sounds bad in that one :unsure:

Everything between 1999 and 2002 was a horrible time. I don't like seeing pics nor videos from that era. I wish someday we would get an explanation of what happened.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

@solstar I think it was posted at the original Women's Thread but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, he sounds bad in that one :unsure:

Everything between 1999 and 2002 was a horrible time. I don't like seeing pics nor videos from that era. I wish someday we would get an explanation of what happened.

Yes, I remember you posted it in the old thread. I cant remember many other posters reacting to it though, maybe there was a lot of conversation happening and it got buried a little. 

Its a really sad interview to hear, but still a good insight into how he was a that time. Did he play Argentina? Or did he have to cancel on you guys too?  He did the UK tour I had a ticket for :(