Jump to content
alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

 

 

Axl smiling here at least. :)

That's a member of Queensryche, I have read about Axl saying he is a big fan of theirs. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, killuridols said:

@solstar I think it was posted at the original Women's Thread but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, he sounds bad in that one :unsure:

Everything between 1999 and 2002 was a horrible time. I don't like seeing pics nor videos from that era. I wish someday we would get an explanation of what happened.

Yes, I remember you posted it in the old thread. I cant remember many other posters reacting to it though, maybe there was a lot of conversation happening and it got buried a little. 

Its a really sad interview to hear, but still a good insight into how he was a that time. Did he play Argentina? Or did he have to cancel on you guys too?  He did the UK tour I had a ticket for :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@solstar Really cool post!

Do you guys know of any other 'dark/lost' years interviews or info or is that a bit like asking you to find a needle in a crazy haystack? :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I remember you posted it in the old thread. I cant remember many other posters reacting to it though, maybe there was a lot of conversation happening and it got buried a little. 

Its a really sad interview to hear, but still a good insight into how he was a that time. Did he play Argentina? Or did he have to cancel on you guys too?  He did the UK tour I had a ticket for :( 

did I post it? :o

Damn, I'm getting old! :P

No, he didn't play or had to cancel anything. No one knew he was here and most people were surprised of that.

He sounds very disappointed that he couldn't play in Argentina and Chile. Apparently, it is the same case as with The Who years ago: they wanted to play Argentina but didn't have approval for Brazil and Chile, so bringing an expensive show to only one country was not a good deal. Now, they've associated themselves to GN'R in order to be able to play these other countries too.

In this case, Axl thought that he could bring the RIR band to Argentina and Chile but he must have got a No from the producers, probably based on the lack of popularity of the new line-up.

Took him 9 more years to finally return to Argentina with a show:

 

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, killuridols said:

@solstar I think it was posted at the original Women's Thread but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, he sounds bad in that one :unsure:

Everything between 1999 and 2002 was a horrible time. I don't like seeing pics nor videos from that era. I wish someday we would get an explanation of what happened.

Yeah.

I still can´t believe he was here on holiday and we didn't even know :max: or that Juan Di Natale called him Slash by mistake? :nervous: I mean, WTF :facepalm:

Funnily enough, he looks kinda happy in the pictures from that holiday. Maybe playing RIR had given him a sense of achievement?

 

Edited by solstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, solstar said:

Yeah.

I still can´t believe he was here on holiday and we didn't even know :max: or that Juan Di Natale called him Slash by mistake? :nervous: I mean, WTF :facepalm:

Funnily enough, he looks kinda happy in the pictures from that holiday. Maybe playing RIR had given him a sense of achievement?

 

Argentina was chaos in 2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, solstar said:

Yeah.

I still can´t believe he was here on holiday and we didn't even know :max: or that Juan Di Natale called him Slash by mistake? :nervous: I mean, WTF :facepalm:

Funnily enough, he looks kinda happy in the pictures from that holiday. Maybe playing RIR had given him a sense of achievement?

Those were the times when he dared to come to Argentina all alone and not be scared of our crazy asses :P

Do you have pictures of him in Buenos Aires 2001? That'd be cool to see again! (even though I hated that look of him back then :facepalm:)
 

18 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Argentina was chaos in 2001

Yeah, but Axl visited in January and the chaos exploded on December 2001.

Edited by killuridols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Those were the times when he dared to come to Argentina all alone and not be scared of our crazy asses :P

Do you have pictures of him in Buenos Aires 2001? That'd be cool to see again! (even though I hated that look of him back then :facepalm:)
 

Yeah, but Axl visited in January and the chaos exploded in December 2001.

Yeah but situation ya was very difficult

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Yeah but situation ya was very difficult

I know :cry:

Maybe that was another reason why he couldn't bring his show that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I know :cry:

Maybe that was another reason why he couldn't bring his show that time.

Yes, riesk for promotors

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I know :cry:

Maybe that was another reason why he couldn't bring his show that time.

Yes, riesk for promotors

Yes, riesk for promotors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's a member of Queensryche, I have read about Axl saying he is a big fan of theirs. 

 

I knew it looked like he was from a band...just could not remember which one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Those were the times when he dared to come to Argentina all alone and not be scared of our crazy asses :P

Do you have pictures of him in Buenos Aires 2001? That'd be cool to see again! (even though I hated that look of him back then :facepalm:

He had already gained weight back then, but al least his hair looked ok. :lol: I have to say I like that look better than today's :smiley-confused2:

In the interview video there are lots of pics from that holiday. I'm so jealous those people just came across him. :max: He looks as if he was having a good time.

By the way, is this new?

 

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas, personas de pie y exterior

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, solstar said:

He had already gained weight back then, but al least his hair looked ok. :lol: I have to say I like that look better than today's :smiley-confused2:

In the interview video there are lots of pics from that holiday. I'm so jealous those people just came across him. :max: He looks as if he was having a good time.

By the way, is this new?

 

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas, personas de pie y exterior

 

Ohh! Miracle Axl smile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, solstar said:

He had already gained weight back then, but al least his hair looked ok. :lol: I have to say I like that look better than today's :smiley-confused2:

In the interview video there are lots of pics from that holiday. I'm so jealous those people just came across him. :max: He looks as if he was having a good time.

By the way, is this new?

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas, personas de pie y exterior

No, I don't think that pic is new.

I've seen it here before or was it somewhere else? :confused:
But it is from the Axl/DC shows or after show...

Ok, photos of Axl in Arg 2001, I'm not sure which ones are from here and which ones from Rio :facepalm:

I don't like his 2000-2001 hair... too fake and dyed black or dark brown. Hairline not the same :P

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, killuridols said:

did I post it? :o

Damn, I'm getting old! :P

No, he didn't play or had to cancel anything. No one knew he was here and most people were surprised of that.

He sounds very disappointed that he couldn't play in Argentina and Chile. Apparently, it is the same case as with The Who years ago: they wanted to play Argentina but didn't have approval for Brazil and Chile, so bringing an expensive show to only one country was not a good deal. Now, they've associated themselves to GN'R in order to be able to play these other countries too.

In this case, Axl thought that he could bring the RIR band to Argentina and Chile but he must have got a No from the producers, probably based on the lack of popularity of the new line-up.

Took him 9 more years to finally return to Argentina with a show:

 

Nice LALD but who are all of those people on the stage? :question: 

You got to see Axl's arms :o

He dressed like this when I first saw him :max: The voice in this was just unbelievable though, so it's ok. 

Is there any reason why he didn't go back to Argentina until 2010? Why not in 06/07? 

He seems to really like it there so I find that kind of odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nice LALD but who are all of those people on the stage? :question: 

lol... "Argentinian Intelligent Models"?? :confused::scared::facepalm:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is there any reason why he didn't go back to Argentina until 2010? Why not in 06/07? 

Hmmm, I don't know but I think it is still the same case of The Who, as I mentioned before, not being able to coordinate simultaneous shows in the area, hence can't bring the whole structure for just one country.

In 2010, he had a fairly new album to promote, at least. In 2006, everything about GN'R must have felt like utter bullshit.... ChinDem posponed for almost another decade.... I assume audience was not interested in seeing this, or maybe promoters offered him a smaller venue than he wanted and he didnt like it.

I have not heard anything of why they didn't come earlier....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I had a lot of reading to do to catch up with the last week or so. I missed the arguement that apparently was going on here and am not sorry about it.

To give my 2cents: Thank you @Blackstar for the CSI work. Even though I must say I can hardly see any similarity with Rose sr and Axl's Brother or Axl and his "Dad". Those fotos are too blurry for me. But if you all see the similarity, it must be right :shrugs:

And sorry, I don't believe the wonderwoman story in which Axl says "Yes Ma'am" to an obnoxious fan. Just can't picture it.

In the mystery years, especially 2000-2002 until 2006 Axl looks kind of physically ill to me. Always has. Remember the interview he gave in this football / baseball / whatever stadium? He was very pale, his behaviour was odd, somehow shyi-ish and not as eloquent / chatty as he used to be. Also his skin looked wierd, his hairline looks weird. Everything about him is un-Axl. Why he gave an interview at all is a mystery to me. He doesn't look like he is enjoying it.  I can hardly look at him because he looks so unwell and we don't know anything about it.

And the whole The Who thing: Did they announce they'd tour with them? I cannot get how this discussion came about. But my 2cents: Historically and culturally The Who are more relevant than Aerosmith, even GnR. At least for Europe and the evolution of British / European Rock n Roll and Pop music. 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Even though I must say I can hardly see any similarity with Rose sr and Axl's Brother or Axl and his "Dad". Those fotos are too blurry for me. But if you all see the similarity, it must be right :shrugs:

I can't see it either.

Only similarity I find is between Stuart and Stephen Bailey. That's his only biological child, anyway.

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

And sorry, I don't believe the wonderwoman story in which Axl says "Yes Ma'am" to an obnoxious fan. Just can't picture it.

hahaha yeah, no fuckin' way in hell. Untamed lion never says "yes ma'am" :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@solstar Really cool post!

Do you guys know of any other 'dark/lost' years interviews or info or is that a bit like asking you to find a needle in a crazy haystack? :lol:

Well there's the weird basketball interview, but you probably know that one.

Other stuff that's been talked about in this thread but is not very well known is Axl supposedly wanting to admit himself into a psychiatric facility in 2002 and also travelling with a psychiatrist during the tour, Axl visting the Easter Islands in the 90s, Axl wandering through his house like a zombie and some producer running after him banging spoons together in a desperate attempt to get him to react or rip him out of his stupor. Also the stuff Goldstein recently said about Axl being suicidal and spending way too much time crying in bed with a gun.

 

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

To give my 2cents: Thank you @Blackstar for the CSI work. Even though I must say I can hardly see any similarity with Rose sr and Axl's Brother or Axl and his "Dad". Those fotos are too blurry for me. But if you all see the similarity, it must be right :shrugs:

Why would there be any similarity between William Rose Sr. and Axl's brother? These people aren't genetically related and no one claimed there was any similarity either. Same goes for Axl an his stepfather.

 

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

hahaha yeah, no fuckin' way in hell. Untamed lion never says "yes ma'am" :lol:

Axl has hardly been an "untamed lion" these past few decades. Half the time we see him he comes across as apathetic, resigned, or even shy. Going by some of the videos out there and some other stories by various people, I have no trouble at all picturing the "Yes, ma'am" story.

--------------------------------------

 

I also have a question/story that fits with both the "Axl being respectful to his elders" as well as the "mystery years" topic:

I don't know if it was in this thread or somewhere else, but I distinctly remember reading a story about Axl going to a restaurant (I think?? Not sure anymore though) and some guy or woman there (maybe the owners of the restaurant) had an old, disabled father (might have been a war vet?), who wanted to talk to Axl or somehow endend up talking to him? And Axl spent a lot of time talking to the old man and was really kind to him. I think the guy's son/daughter was very impressed or moved by Axl because of that.

Does anyone here know what the hell I'm talking about? :lol:

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frey said:

Well there's the weird basketball interview, but you probably know that one.

Other stuff that's been talked about in this thread but is not very well known is Axl supposedly wanting to admit himself into a psychiatric facility in 2002 and also travelling with a psychiatrist during the tour, Axl visting the Easter Islands in the 90s, Axl wandering through his house like a zombie and some producer running after him banging spoons together in a desperate attempt to get him to react or rip him out of his stupor. Also the stuff Goldstein recently said about Axl being suicidal and spending way too much time crying in bed with a gun.

 

Why would there be any similarity between William Rose Sr. and Axl's brother? These people aren't genetically related and no one claimed there was any similarity either. Same goes for Axl an his stepfather.

 

Axl has hardly been an "untamed lion" these past few decades. Half the time we see him he comes across as apathetic, resigned, or even shy. Going by some of the videos out there and some other stories by various people, I have no trouble at all picturing the "Yes, ma'am" story.

--------------------------------------

 

I also have a question/story that fits with both the "Axl being respectful to his elders" as well as the "mystery years" topic:

I don't know if it was in this thread or somewhere else, but I distinctly remember reading a story about Axl going to a restaurant (I think?? Not sure anymore though) and some guy or woman there (maybe the owners of the restaurant) had an old, disabled father (might have been a war vet?), who wanted to talk to Axl or somehow endend up talking to him? And Axl spent a lot of time talking to the old man and was really kind to him. I think the guy's son/daughter was very impressed or moved by Axl because of that.

Does anyone here know what the hell I'm talking about? :lol:

 

 

 

 

 

Errrrm - right. lol. It's not what I meant. I meant Stepdad and Axl's brother and Rose Sr and Axl. :facepalm: Whatever constellation, they don't look alike / family / similar to me.

I don't know the story you mentioned. But I do remember stories of Axl being really nice. But those have been stories when Axl decided to talk to these people. Or was asked to. But not when people have been annoying before. There definetly is a soft side to him (he's human after all) but the woman touching his arm, holding him back and scolding him? I don't see him sayin "Yes Ma'am". Anyway, whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Frey said:

Well there's the weird basketball interview, but you probably know that one.

Other stuff that's been talked about in this thread but is not very well known is Axl supposedly wanting to admit himself into a psychiatric facility in 2002 and also travelling with a psychiatrist during the tour, Axl visting the Easter Islands in the 90s, Axl wandering through his house like a zombie and some producer running after him banging spoons together in a desperate attempt to get him to react or rip him out of his stupor. Also the stuff Goldstein recently said about Axl being suicidal and spending way too much time crying in bed with a gun.

 

Why would there be any similarity between William Rose Sr. and Axl's brother? These people aren't genetically related and no one claimed there was any similarity either. Same goes for Axl an his stepfather.

 

Axl has hardly been an "untamed lion" these past few decades. Half the time we see him he comes across as apathetic, resigned, or even shy. Going by some of the videos out there and some other stories by various people, I have no trouble at all picturing the "Yes, ma'am" story.

--------------------------------------

 

I also have a question/story that fits with both the "Axl being respectful to his elders" as well as the "mystery years" topic:

I don't know if it was in this thread or somewhere else, but I distinctly remember reading a story about Axl going to a restaurant (I think?? Not sure anymore though) and some guy or woman there (maybe the owners of the restaurant) had an old, disabled father (might have been a war vet?), who wanted to talk to Axl or somehow endend up talking to him? And Axl spent a lot of time talking to the old man and was really kind to him. I think the guy's son/daughter was very impressed or moved by Axl because of that.

Does anyone here know what the hell I'm talking about? :lol:

Didn't know he still had a traveling psychiatrist in the '02 tour, do you know if it was that same bitch that he had before?

P.S. I also call bullshit on him respecting his elders lol. If that story is to be believed I would say it's more likely he could not be fucked dealing with it and said "Yes, ma'am." in a sarcastic/depressed let's get this over with sort of way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Frey said:

Axl has hardly been an "untamed lion" these past few decades. Half the time we see him he comes across as apathetic, resigned, or even shy. Going by some of the videos out there and some other stories by various people, I have no trouble at all picturing the "Yes, ma'am" story.

If you say so.... :lol:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Among others.....

And the VERY BEST OF ALL UNTAMED LIONS :rofl-lol:

57a7e9ebc9d65_AxlDemonsFightingtoComeOut.gif.4e7bb69e3dd6aa78f639a97a30cc4014.gif

----

I really don't understand why you and others are insisting on pulling this ridiculous theory out of your asses that he "obeys elder women and mom types", and all you've shown is two cases that do not even apply and are mixed up with other things that have nothing to do with anything.

Like @Tori72 said, no one is questioning that he doesn't have a soft side because we know he does, he's human after all, and I am sure he's very nice to a lot of people, not only elders or mom types. But most of those people are people close to him, or part of his childhood, not some random rude woman who thinks she's entitled to something.

His grandmother and the old lady from Indiana don't count, since he knows them both (or knew them)..... and what else is out there? Absolutely nothing :shrugs:

Axl's character is explosive by nature, even if age has mellowed him out, it was not so long ago that he was still punching people in the face or biting a security guard's leg.

I really don't know what sets him off but it seems that if you rub him the wrong way, he's gonna have a disproportionate reaction to it. This doesn't mean that he's in that aggressive mode all the time, but the untamed lion is always latent. I think he makes a big effort to keep it inside nowadays, but he is who he is.

Yes, it's true he appears apathetic and resigned at times, but I highly doubt he is going to submit to the orders of person who mistreats him just because he's feeling down. Try him a little and the lion will wake up and bite you in the ass.

The story of the cherokee bride sounds like utter bullshit and made up for who knows whatever stupid reasons that person had the need to say they 'scolded' Axl Rose... like someone is going to congratulate them (oh what a big achievement, give him a prize)  :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Do you guys know of any other 'dark/lost' years interviews or info or is that a bit like asking you to find a needle in a crazy haystack? :lol:

His trip to China in the late 90's and there's also an interview he gave for I dont remember which guy/rock station after he played the 2002 VMA'S (but I guess that time doesn't count like the lost years anymore)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, killuridols said:

His trip to China in the late 90's and there's also an interview he gave for I dont remember which guy/rock station after he played the 2002 VMA'S (but I guess that time doesn't count like the lost years anymore)

I think that's the one with Kurt Loder, right?

What about the Yoda stuff and the black magic wars between Axl and Niven? Any insights into all that? Like do we know more specifics about what Axl believes/used to believe or is it just general mysticism as far as we know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think that's the one with Kurt Loder, right?

What about the Yoda stuff and the black magic wars between Axl and Niven? Any insights into all that? Like do we know more specifics about what Axl believes/used to believe or is it just general mysticism as far as we know?

No, its not that one. It's a radio interview... Damn it, the other day I heard it again but I don't know if I saved the link or what... I will have to look up for it.

I think we know some things about the Yoda issue. There's testimony of several people who had to "suffer" this whole Yoda crap.

Regarding the black magic and Niven, there was a book that talked about it. I am sure it was posted in the old Women's Thread or maybe this one, not sure.

You'd have to check the Index in the first page of this thread. @Frey has been working on that but I don't know if he has indexed any of those topics yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×