alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

19 hours ago, Andy14 said:

And still no party in sight @dgnr :smiley-confused2:

What are you talkin about? It's all set! You will get your invitation and all access pass only in the day before. We don't want Beta to know about this, that's why it's a secret...shhhh :popcorn::P 

About the wedding: I'm with @killuridols... I don't think there's a wedding today either. Everything is too quiet.

As much as I'm ashamed, I follow all Axl's entourage on social media, cause you never know when/where his wrist may appear, and it doesn't look like any of them traveled to Bahia, in Brazil, where the wedding was supposed to happen. :facepalm: Besides, Carime is posting daily life insta stories, like that cuteee kid of theirs on a ballet class, so it doesn't look like a special day or anything. And I even went to look at her friends and family insta - shame again, but when you  speak portuguese you realize who are the friends and family commenting on their pics and the CSI skills you gain in this forum do the rest  - and they don't have anything that could be related to the wedding either. So yeah, looks like they tricked us. No Axl's wrist pic today :max::P

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dgnr said:

What are you talkin about? It's all set! You will get your invitation and all access pass only in the day before. We don't want Beta to know about this, that's why it's a secret...shhhh :popcorn::P 

Hope I'll get my plane ticket as well :max:

6 minutes ago, dgnr said:

it doesn't look like any of them traveled to Bahia, in Brazil, where the wedding was supposed to happen.

And do we know for sure the wedding is in Brazil? :ph34r:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahia,_California

I'm glad I have things to do today, no wedding and no fun trying to spot Axl's arm :( also Marilyn Manson in the D&N section again :lol:

Last time I saw MM he displayed the worst diva behaviour I have ever seen in my life. After every single song he mumbled his way through he went to the edge of the stage for his minions to redo his make which took ages. The absolute most tragic live performance I ever saw :lol:

• Like 1

The one positive thing about HTGTH I will say is that they did a great job of preserving a lot of older articles about the band. There's stuff there that is impossible to find elsewhere online. The old RIP interviews, some of the others...they did create an archive that's very valuable.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, stella said:

The one positive thing about HTGTH I will say is that they did a great job of preserving a lot of older articles about the band. There's stuff there that is impossible to find elsewhere online. The old RIP interviews, some of the others...they did create an archive that's very valuable.

Yeah, I realized I knew the website as that GnR article collection online. 

33 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, I realized I knew the website as that GnR article collection online. 

That`s it? I love it, it`s a treasure. 

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Some @Frey's descriptions are so funny they should be part of a comical book about GN'R/GNR Entourage :rofl-lol:

Glad you think I'm amusing at least :awesomeface:

And okay, the wedding mystery continues then....

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

He's......MARRIED???? :wow:

looool

Don't forget about the time difference (it's only 10:20 am there) and that Axl is the one who pays it all, so they need to wait until he wakes up :ph34r:

So if we're lucky we may get a pic of Axl's wrist or shadow later on. 

Or a picture of Sasha and the freak show doing weird poses around Nando with his "I'm the boss of this fucking band, not the Indiana cash-cow" face. 

"Indiana cash cow" That's horrible :scared::lol:  (but true, sadly...)

And yes, Jarmo appears to be married. Apparently TB was successfull in marrying at least one weirdo off to a Brazilian "model"...

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm glad I have things to do today, no wedding and no fun trying to spot Axl's arm :( also Marilyn Manson in the D&N section again :lol:

Last time I saw MM he displayed the worst diva behaviour I have ever seen in my life. After every single song he mumbled his way through he went to the edge of the stage for his minions to redo his make which took ages. The absolute most tragic live performance I ever saw :lol:

Thanks for confirming MM is an even bigger tool than I already thought :lol:

1 hour ago, stella said:

True.

Speaking of articles... Came across this recently. @Tori72 It's the original interview where Izzy said the "selling women" thing.

What did you do for money before Geffen kindly forwarded you an advance?

"G-I-R-L-S," Steven laughs.

Izzy: "Sold drugs, sold girls, sold, uh.. we just got it. We managed. In the beginning we'd throw parties and ransack the girl's purse while one of the guys was with her."

Slash: "Not being sexist or anything, but it's fucking amazing how much abuse girls will take."

"Slash!" Izzy winces.

"He does it purposely," says Axl with more than a hint of weariness. He attempts to clear the air with a change of subject. [...]

Slash :facepalm: Can't decide who's worse here, Izzy or Slash. But it's funny that Izzy reacts scandalized at Slash's comment after what he himself just said :facepalm:

(And Axl being the sane one who's weary of their shit doesn't make a whole lot of a sense either lol...)

https://68.media.tumblr.com/ce541bc42436c2bcb183f056abe6abb9/tumblr_opaarn8dGa1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/0fb915a517861c8aa420eecf42e1ee52/tumblr_opaarn8dGa1vkt6tqo2_1280.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks @Frey, there it finally is. I am as wise as before. I don't get (these) guys. I mean, they sort of know what they did and bloody didn't care? But were somewhat "sensitive" enough to take guard with their PR stuff? I'm confused. 

Somehow this interview tells me they did sell girls. As if it slipped Izzy but he decided to give the somewhat more harmless example of stealing their money while one of them is having sex with them.

Ugh, it's really ... sleazy. Lost for words.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So no wedding today?? :shrugs:

What are we gonna do now? :bitchfight:

You want to tell me that there are no periscope streams??? :nervous: So why the hell did I open a bottle of champagne and a big bag of crisps? :popcorn::max:

Alright, let's gossip about forum members :devilshades:

4 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

You want to tell me that there are no periscope streams??? :nervous: So why the hell did I open a bottle of champagne and a big bag of crisps? :popcorn::max:

Alright, let's gossip about forum members :devilshades:

Since there's no GN'R marriage and all this food and beverages we brought are not gonna walk away by themselves....

HOW ABOUT WE BOTH GET MARRIED NOW?? :smiley-confused2:

:wub:

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Hope you at least enjoyed them and not left open, because every day is a good day to have champagne and chips. 

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So no wedding today?? :shrugs:

What are we gonna do now? :bitchfight:

I was looking forward to the drama of Sasha, Ellen and Axl all being in the same place :lol:

So weird though, I can't see how those were real relationships. They seem like smoke screens for the fans and press :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I was looking forward to the drama of Sasha, Ellen and Axl all being in the same place :lol:

So weird though, I can't see how those were real relationships. They seem like smoke screens for the fans and press :shrugs:

Yesssssssss!!! :rofl-lol:

I don't know what they are.... I call them "fucks" or "shags", lol. Most of them very expensive.

It is my feeling they don't give a fuck about grandpa... None of them is holding a candle for him, they just take advantage of the money and his celebrity status to benefit themselves with whatever they get from that.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Since there's no GN'R marriage and all this food and beverages we brought are not gonna walk away by themselves....

HOW ABOUT WE BOTH GET MARRIED NOW?? :smiley-confused2:

:wub:

I'm not gonna have a wedding as a mere alternative to Fernando's :max: :no:

And sssssh, don't talk too much about all the food and drinks, or somebody :ph34r: will notice, eat it up and we'll get "IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING IN AT 850 POUNDS- AXL AND SLASH" in Europe. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Alja said:

Hope you at least enjoyed them and not left open, because every day is a good day to have champagne and chips. 

Nope. I'm from a poor country, I've already sold my soul to buy tickets to see the shows in July :unsure:

:rofl-lol:

8 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm not gonna have a wedding as a mere alternative to Fernando's :max: :no:

And sssssh, don't talk too much about all the food and drinks, or somebody :ph34r: will notice, eat it up and we'll get "IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING IN AT 850 POUNDS- AXL AND SLASH" in Europe. :ph34r:

Always an excuse to not tie the knot with me :anger:

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks @Frey, there it finally is. I am as wise as before. I don't get (these) guys. I mean, they sort of know what they did and bloody didn't care? But were somewhat "sensitive" enough to take guard with their PR stuff? I'm confused. 

Somehow this interview tells me they did sell girls. As if it slipped Izzy but he decided to give the somewhat more harmless example of stealing their money while one of them is having sex with them.

I think it means that *Izzy* sold girls...which really is sleazy and horrible, but would sadly have made sense because he would have already been involved with some rather criminal elements with his heroin sales. We know that Axl and Duff at least both had straight jobs. Duff in particular seemed proud of working as a cook, and Axl was at Tower long enough and was responsible enough to be made a manager. In IIRC Slash's book, he also mentions that he and Axl (and I think Duff) were film extras; they'd screw around all day and then show up at the end to get their checks, and since it was all huge crowd scenes nobody noticed.

Izzy's the only one in the band who hasn't been linked to a legal job.

There are a couple of interviews that are pretty intriguing that I have never found anywhere online. I wish they would turn up. There's one from a magazine with Beth Nussbaum as the editor/interviewer where they were totally awful, even more than this - they were talking about Steven having crabs in his cast for his broken arm, and all this other stuff. And Metal Edge did a pretty in-depth thing with them where they even got Duff talking about books.

Edited by stella
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Tori72 said:

3 hours ago, stella said:

I think it means that *Izzy* sold girls...which really is sleazy and horrible, but would sadly have made sense because he would have already been involved with some rather criminal elements with his heroin sales. We know that Axl and Duff at least both had straight jobs. Duff in particular seemed proud of working as a cook, and Axl was at Tower long enough and was responsible enough to be made a manager. In IIRC Slash's book, he also mentions that he and Axl (and I think Duff) were film extras; they'd screw around all day and then show up at the end to get their checks, and since it was all huge crowd scenes nobody noticed.

There are a couple of interviews that are pretty intriguing that I have never found anywhere online. I wish they would turn up. There's one from a magazine with Beth Nussbaum as the editor/interviewer where they were totally awful, even more than this - they were talking about Steven having crabs in his cast for his broken arm, and all this other stuff. And Metal Edge did a pretty in-depth thing with them where they even got Duff talking about books.

Slash also used to work in a clock factory or something, as well as the newsstand thing where he spent most of his time on the phone doing band business. And he also worked with Axl at tower for some time.

Do you still have these magazines, stella? If yes, you could take pictures of the articles and upload them here. Because you're right, I don't recall ever seeing anything like you describe online.

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe Marilyn Manson and @Blackstar are right and this is the reason why they seem like smoke screens:

(dragging this over from the Charles Manson thread because it made me lol):

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:
11 hours ago, RONIN said:
When did this meeting take place?

When I met him, that was before Portrait came out, it was before I was fined? I think. It was when I did the Gave Up video with Trent. Quite honestly -- and I’m not insinuating anything -- but at the time I was a little uncomfortable. He didn’t really know me, and he’s like, “Hey I will fly you out to LA. You can play guitar in my video and you can stay with me.” I said I don’t play guitar, that’s ok man don’t worry about it. I felt like I could have woken up with a sore anus, but I didn’t, the jury’s out on that one.. I am not suggesting anything. At the time I was a little intimidated, but then when I got there I realized I’m a good 4ft taller than him, so it was fine.

What? :rofl-lol: I can't stop laughing :rofl-lol: If there is any truth to what Manson implied here, the only thing I can say is that Axl had a very bad taste (in contrast to his taste on women) :lol:

------

On a serious note, Marilyn Manson calling anyone else pretentious is the pot calling the kettle black.

I just said the same thing in an earlier post, but I'll say it again: Marilyn Manson is such a tool.

Like @Blackstar says, if Axl is indeed bi/gay like MM is implying here, than I sure hope he would have better taste than to go after that ugly moron.

I'm not exactly an expert on what dudes who are into other dudes are into, but there's got to be better guys out there than MM. Have some self respect, Axl!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stella said:

Ugh... This is so horrible, I have no words. I wonder why this interview manifests for me that he really did sell women. It is the way the treat the issue and how they all try to not talk about it. To me that is far more awful then selling heroin, even though that already is really criminal and cold blooded. But selling girls? Wow. Far more personal level and a deep personal responsibility. I wonder if he ever cared for those women after he got famous and/or sober. He should pay them a rent or something. But I guess he doesnt. :(:no:

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Slash also used to work in a clock factory or something, as well as the newsstand thing where he spent most of his time on the phone doing band business. And he also worked with Axl at tower for some time.

Do you still have these magazines, stella? If yes, you could take pictures of the articles and upload them here. Because you're right, I don't recall ever seeing anything like you describe online.

That's right - and Axl and one of the others also did a study at UCLA for money, and Steven had a billion jobs, like delivering pizza, from what I remember reading.

Oh, if I still had those magazines I'd scan them and upload the images in a hot second. I was in elementary school at the time, and they were read to pieces and then thrown away, sadly. I really wish I did hang onto them. I do have some interesting stuff form UYI era that I should really upload here, but even then I didn't save any of the magazines. I wish I'd hung onto RIP, at least. They had a great article once on Lita Ford and Doro Pesch, and a really chilling one about the death of Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone. And a few mothers of the rock stars did an advice column.

Edited by stella

13 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Ugh... This is so horrible, I have no words. I wonder why this interview manifests for me that he really did sell women. It is the way the treat the issue and how they all try to not talk about it. To me that is far more awful then selling heroin, even though that already is really criminal and cold blooded. But selling girls? Wow. Far more personal level and a deep personal responsibility. I wonder if he ever cared for those women after he got famous and/or sober. He should pay them a rent or something. But I guess he doesnt. :(:no:

I agree. It's exploiting other human beings in a particularly brutal way. Especially since pimps are known for being cruel and threatening, it makes my skin crawl. Everything that has been mentioned about Izzy being very evasive and cagey really takes on more of a sinister air with that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stella said:

I agree. It's exploiting other human beings in a particularly brutal way. Especially since pimps are known for being cruel and threatening, it makes my skin crawl. Everything that has been mentioned about Izzy being very evasive and cagey really takes on more of a sinister air with that.

:( I want to cry.