GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Axl singing AC/DC at a Billy Joel concert...  :huh:What the... :lol: But it's good that he makes an appearance, be it with Billy Joel :)

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

OMG that's him, wtf??!!

Why would he be guesting for billy joel I wonder, are they friends?

There was a mention in Slash's book about them hanging with Billy Joel backstage in the late 80s. Slash said he was a cool guy and a heavy drinker and Axl was very excited to meet him because he was a big fan. Also this:

42 minutes ago, warrocks said:

Billy supported axl just like elthon j when the press said axl was racist ang blah blah, one in a million controversy you know .... 

Probably they have been friends since.

I just hope that BJ has not been an influence on Axl about not releasing music :unsure:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How does Axl go from being a Billy Joel's fan to being crazy in love with NIN??? :shrugs:

He's been eclectic. I guess there weren't many people in the 70s who liked both Queen and The Sex Pistols  (as things were very polarized then) but Axl did. He also liked Devo.

He likes very different kinds of music - and I like him for that.

Edited by Blackstar

Just now, Blackstar said:

He's been eclectic. I guess there weren't many people in the 70s who liked both Queen and The Sex Pistols  as things were very polarized then. He also liked Devo.

He likes very different kinds of music - and I like him for that.

He likes a lot of shite, though.

I once tried to listen to everything he mentioned as influence or artists he liked and I couldn't make it through half the list :facepalm:

Just now, killuridols said:

He likes a lot of shite, though.

I once tried to listen to everything he mentioned as influence or artists he liked and I couldn't make it through half the list :facepalm:

Omg so did I and it was terrible!!

I can't make it through any Queen or Elton John albums so it was never going to work for me :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, SerenityScorp said:

Well different taste 

no shit! :rolleyes:

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Omg so did I and it was terrible!!

I can't make it through any Queen or Elton John albums so it was never going to work for me :lol:

:rofl-lol:

oh well, I love Queen!!! and some Elton, too.... but there was a guy I dont remember the name right now, some one hit wonder from the 80's... geee :facepalm:

---

So.... what's the Periscope to watch? both I tried are lagging like my forum grandma when she's on meth :lol:

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:o How can you not like Queen?

• Like 1