GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Does anyone know how well his voice was yet? I can't watch anything because I'm at work. 

the little tidbits we could hear (because the whole shit crashed just when it started) his voice sounded amazing!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Does anyone know how well his voice was yet? I can't watch anything because I'm at work. 

I couldn't watch periscopes - the ones that were still working when Axl took the stage were all frozen for me.

I watched only a couple of short clips. From what I can tell (the sound quality is not good) he sounded okay, but I think not as powerful as he did with AC/DC. Judging from the tweets, BJ fans were thrilled though.

• Like 1

I come please what time waking up to today. Axl freaking Rose singing Highway to Hell on a Billy Joel concert! What.The.Fuck?!

:rofl-lol:

Honestly, I am SO glad I didn't miss any performance of Izzy.  Only imagining it makes me feel dizzy.  :huh:That would be sooo terrible. Sleeping while you guys are periscoping Izzy. I'm seriously thinking about how you Americans can wake me up in case that happens:unsure:  

Edited by Tori72

Just now, Tori72 said:

Honestly, I am SO glad I didn't miss any performance of Izzy.  Only imagining it makes me feel dizzy.  :huh:That would be sooo terrible. Sleeping while you guys are periscoping Izzy. I'm seriously thinking about how you Americans can wake me up in case that happens:unsure:  

I'm pretty sure if that ever happens my screaming will be heard all over the world. I will also be losing my shit in the Izzy thread so hopefully that will wake you up. :devilshades:

---

Well, this whole thing was cool but not worth avoiding my work cool. Axl sounded great on Highway to Hell but Billy made him sound like shit on Big Shot by singing over him. :max: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well, this whole thing was cool but not worth avoiding my work cool. Axl sounded great on Highway to Hell but Billy made him sound like shit on Big Shot by singing over him. :max: 

:unsure:

I cant believe he had to sing that turd that I didnt even understand if it was a song or some kind of football march... Im shocked I've done this again and now Im left with nothing.

Gone to hell right now, that's where I belong :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:unsure:

I cant believe he had to sing that turd that I didnt even understand if it was a song or some kind of football march... Im shocked I've done this again and now Im left with nothing.

Gone to hell right now, that's where I belong :facepalm:

Your fangirling is just so sweet in its own kind. Really is :hug:

Hey Axl next time you perfom with Billy Joel. Be nice to your female fans and sing Just The Way You Are. You're a natural for that song :wub:

That ballad is a million times better than This I Love  B-)

5 hours ago, Ratam said:

Because is AXL?

It's love for music and enjoy it as a whole. Personally my tastes in music are like a rollercoaster: one moment I can be enjoying an Armin van burren tune and next a WASP ballad or a Megadeth song then elthon or Stratovarius to even sing alone to a HIM rebel yell cover :lol:. Well, the only genres I can't stand are hip-hop and rap and new metal bands like korn or blink 123 lol 182 ..... Well and lot others really ?

• Like 2

It's really time they got their asses to Europe, because now all the interesting things happen while we are sleeping :max:

Anyway, here's a proof that Slash liked Nando's posts (before he unlikes it again lol)

WgW7Zo.jpg

and also: 

18512676_2082245322002331_785840742990872576_n.jpg

18444907_1879014642423742_7956475028063649792_n.jpg

18443419_355843711484784_7626456338108776448_n.jpg

:drool: Great to see Axl's in a good shape. I was a bit worried about his lifestyle during the break :smiley-confused2:

(and he's wearing one of the jackets I really like :drool: and also notice the skin under his jeans)

Edit: Butthurt ACDC fans: "So Axl isn't only taking Brian's role as an ac/dc singer, he is also taking his friends.."

Edited by Andy14
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Hey Axl next time you perfom with Billy Joel. Be nice to your female fans and sing Just The Way You Are. You're a natural for that song :wub:

That ballad is a million times better than This I Love  B-)

I love This is the time (to Remember)

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

tumblr_olx92bafx61tkutd4o1_500.gif

OMG. This is gonna be an asslong post because I can't believe what happened while I was sleeping. Imagine me sitting like that dude above reading through your posts of the night. I have to comment on all the stuff you wrote cause somehow I'm excited about all this. Axl is out and about doing unexpected things that are weird but also adorable somehow. At least he is doing music things. I dig it!

4 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Slash likes N'dislikes tht pic is My joke

Slash dislikes tht pic because Axl with Sante there

Another surprise from Axl:dance:

Haha - now I get it. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Brace yourselves for the "Axl sounds like shit" comments :lol:

I don't really like Billy Joel's music, in fact I think it straight out sucks, but if Axl does guest then I'm so pleased to see him doing things like this. 

I only like Piano Man. That is so tacky and so over the top, it grabs me every time. 

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Somebody posted in the other thread that it's one of Billy Joel's roadies. They sound checked highway to hell for tonight too... Let's hope it's better with Axl.

Was my first association. Looks like a roadie, moves like a roadie and sings like one :facepalm:

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Look on the caption...Duff's gonna be there too (probably with his already known banner 'GO AXL GO' :P )

That is so sweet, that actually made me sceam a little. Daxl! Or what is it called?

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Woooow... Daddy Duff will be there to support his boy! :heart:

On other news, I just saw MICHELLE YOUNG posting this on a Facebook Group:

a0batw.jpg

I read an interview with her once that I liked. And I liked her in it. I think it is good for him - and her - to get back to the old friendship. (without the drugs)

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He's been eclectic. I guess there weren't many people in the 70s who liked both Queen and The Sex Pistols  (as things were very polarized then) but Axl did. He also liked Devo.

He likes very different kinds of music - and I like him for that.

I love Axl's taste of music for that too. Also because my choice of music is somewhat ecclectic too. I appreciate Elton John, Queen or Billy Joel as musicians, of course. But their music doesn't do too much for me. I hardly can listen to them, in fact. Some old Elton John maybe. But Queen especially - ugh no.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Billy Joel :lol:

I vote for Axl to guest on 'Uptown Girl' or 'We didn't start the fire'. 

Because those are the only 2 Billy Joel songs I can even think of, off the top of my head lol.

@Tori72 About your questions... Sante has been friends with Axl the entire time since these pool pictures were taken. That mystery years picture of Axl riding a roller coaster from 1997 or 1998 is him with Sante as well. Sante also took those 2006 pictures of Axl and Sasha.

About Slash liking and unliking Axl pictures... he has indeed done stuff like that in the past.  One instance that I remember pretty well was Slash liking a young Axl picture from the 90s not too long ago. People here were thrilled lol.

But in this case Serenity was only joking afaik.

Ah that rollercoaster guy is Sante as well. It seems they have been good friends and in those pics he doesn't look like the freak show at all. I kinda dig his smile in the sausage pic. Now I like him. (until you tell me terribly embarrassing things he did.) :rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I did not like ELO, hated that too and Queensryche. I tried to listen to Fiona Apple and couldn't. I forget the rest but there's some good stuff he likes that I do too. He likes metal and industrial metal and punk, so do I, so there's that :lol:

Axl likes Fiona Apple? He actually like a female musician? :wow:

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Pink actually has a killer rock voice. She just rarely uses it. :(

Love her rock voice.

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Awww Duff & Axl are watching the show together from the side of the stage.

Xdd1StP.png

Poor Axl is all alone. But Duff and Susan are relationship goals. After all those years. They make me happy. Go Axl, go and find a female somewhat in your age. Run! (No, not me. I want your Indiana pal. Take @killuridols she's the only chick tough enough to show you your place! :awesomeface:)

• Like 1

@Tori72 It IS so weird to be seeing Axl do something like this. Him getting out and wanting to do things to do with music, makes me happy :) I don't care that it's with an artist I don't like, it was great, good for him! 

Im glad I'm not the only Queen and Elton hater!  I don't like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd either while we're at it :lol: 

Yes, Axl said he really likes Fiona Apple. 

Pretty sweet to see how supportive Duff and his family are. 

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Tori72 It IS so weird to be seeing Axl do something like this. Him getting out and wanting to do things to do with music, makes me happy :) I don't care that it's with an artist I don't like, it was great, good for him! 

Im glad I'm not the only Queen and Elton hater!  I don't like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd either while we're at it :lol: 

Yes, Axl said he really likes Fiona Apple. 

Pretty sweet to see how supportive Duff and his family are. 

Everything you say is a YES for me. And makes me happy too, for various reasons.

That thing about Fiona Apple is astonishing to me, compared to 80ies and 90ies Axl. But yeah, it's somewhat 30 years ago. Maybe he did mature after all and overcame his misogyny? :wow:

44 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I love Axl's taste of music for that too. Also because my choice of music is somewhat ecclectic too. I appreciate Elton John, Queen or Billy Joel as musicians, of course. But their music doesn't do too much for me. I hardly can listen to them, in fact. Some old Elton John maybe. But Queen especially - ugh no.

It's exactly the same for me. I don't hate them (and I even like some old Queen songs) and I don't think they are bad musicians, but they're not among the things I like to listen to.

44 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Axl likes Fiona Apple? He actually like a female musician? :wow:

Yeah, he likes others too. Janis Joplin, Patti Smith and Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders come to mind.

Imo the only thing Axl likes that's really shitty is WASP (and I don't have to listen to their albums to say it). Also Skid Row (apologies to the fans here) in case he really likes them and it's not just because Baz has been his friend. All the other stuff is a matter of personal taste and whether one likes a particular kind of music.

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It IS so weird to be seeing Axl do something like this. Him getting out and wanting to do things to do with music, makes me happy :) I don't care that it's with an artist I don't like, it was great, good for him! 

AC/DC, Billy Joel, The Who... It seems that Axl wants to play with people he admired as a kid and a teenager. Maybe it's a kind of "closure" for him as is the reunion? We have to think who else of his childhood heroes he hasn't perform with yet.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1