GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Aw beautiful Duff :drool:

Raise your hand if you've zoomed in this picture to try to find a trace of Axl in Susan's camera roll :rofl-lol:

? Im guilty

Anyone still have tht Susan photo of Axl?  or which page is it? 

24 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

izzy-stradlin-Jon-Kopaloff-GettyImages-11200px-Richard_Fortus_(8056234364).jpg

I guess some people can see the resemblance. I just can't.  Then again, I'm a biased fangirl, so what do I know.

Ok, I have to admit it-  they both have dark hair. :)

N' dat bird nose

5 hours ago, tifalucis said:

In case anyone wonder (is anyone even wonder?) where I've been, I'm finishing my final undergraduate thesis, guys. Wish me luck :3 :lol:

Good Luck!  :hug:

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I guess some people can see the resemblance. I just can't.  Then again, I'm a biased fangirl, so what do I know.

I think IZZY is  "ugly" but nice and FORTuS is just ugly?

1 minute ago, Fourteenbeers said:

OK. I can handle criticism against my idol... I'm just fine... just fine. 

giphy.gif

No is  criticism,IZZY no is "handsome" but still no is ugly ,  Fortus is ugly, understand? No?

3 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

from far yes, up close no

2 hours ago, triad said:

Good Luck!  :hug:

thank you :hug:

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

But only from the back or with only a glimpse on his clothes. Lortus only wishes he looked half like Stradlin.

that's what I'm talking about!! 

No one can be another Izzy Stradlin <_<

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Anyway, speaking of women sticking together, thanks @Carlycosmos for the reminder about the thread anniversary. And lovely to see you again, oh great founder of the thread :heart:

Can't believe this thread is a year old now.

Not sure if some of the newer members are even aware of it, but this thread came into existence exactly because women stuck together, helped each other out and built something amazing of their own.

Backstory for those who don't know: Before this thread existed there was an on-going tension between the women of this board and some dudebros and morons in D&N who couldn't bear the thought of vaguely "female" topics being discussed in their very serious and important threads. Every time something came up that they deemed not worthy of discussion (or every time they saw women having and enjoying lively discussions of their own), they reacted with hostility and derision.

Finally, some of us girls had enough and started demanding a space of our own and thus the Women's Thread was born. Originally this thread was started in the D&N section, but it got moved (or should I say banished) rather quickly to the Jungle, because some people probably couldn't bear their precious D&N section being tainted with girl cooties or something :rolleyes:

Well, the joke's on them, because today the Jungle section, which was basically dead until the Women's Thread was created, is probably the liveliest and most interesting section of the board, thanks to its various, mainly female-dominated threads. 

So yeah, ladies (and a handful of guys), old and new, we did good. Cheers! :headbang:

Do you realize you're proving @Lumikkis point about internalized misogyny here? Like, that's the definition of it. Even I can see that.

Yep. I asked no one to make me like this. Some of us are androgynous, some of us have "male" brains in female body or reverse, it`s natural human variability. Being weirdo myself, it makes me better stick with ones who don`t fit into certain boxes. 

As I never fit good or completely to any of these worlds, I just don`t get this girls against boys thing. On the other side, I see both from outside. Boys` bullshit, girls` bullshit. 

@Lumikki Women hurt me more and were more systematic than men ever, men are usually protective towards me (and I am protective towards them). If I look back, my biggest bully was a woman (adult, in work) who (among many other useful skills) taught me to stay consistent, which is good skill if you dive to the internet forums. You have not seen me or have normal human face to face conversation with me. I will stick with you if I feel comfortable with you (and you with me). You can be violet-starry hermaphroditic alien and it does not matter then. I stick with people and their personalities, not with race or gender or shoe size or whatever.

So: Alja`s (unasked & unwanted) advice how to get criticism and maintain mostly happy in life - and a better person: (dedicated to my bully) Always think about who`s opinions you let touch you. Anonymous Internet forums people are definitely not that kind. People who want to diss you because you don`t fit in boxes of how world should go round or they plainly hate you (or/and all the world and themselves) are another. Get best ones in the field. Best people want you to overcome them and will help you. Get people who are wisely uncertain, but coherent about things, because that means they think a lot about them and try to get as much points of view as possible. Get people you feel comfortable with. Or people who are experienced in the field and saw that many times before. People who try to figure out why do you think or do things certain way. 

I found this thread and all GNR forum accidentally. I like it, it has its really bright or/and funny moments (on the other side, I don`t get all these debates about suite of people around GNR, but I don`t get this social column things also in normal life, so I scroll it through. Yes, I almost can`t gossip and small talks are my major energy sucker. Definitely not something which makes you a part of girl squad.). Also to mention, this is by me best thread for Axl`s epic butt in whole universe. Which is pretty girly thing and a good thing to stick around.

I miss some guys insights on more "serious" topics, like "psychology", but I also understand their Lycra-pants discomfort.

I take discussion as a way to get how people think or get another point of view and adapt something for me, if it works. Not to end up all with one single "right" opinion on things. I like to find out other possible points of view just for fun, it does not necessarily need to be my working point of view in individual situation. That`s it - you have to know someone in person. 

I wish you all not to be degraded by really misogynist scabby old lecher(s), so you can stay this extremely sensitive to what you define as "misogyny". 

• Like 1