GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

“I know what the problem was”, Rose says. “I had an extremely volatile relationship with Erin [Everly, Rose’s former wife]. And I was projecting strong negative feelings about myself onto other people. I was attracted to people with similar dysfunctional traits, people that I was going to end up not really getting along with. And it wasn’t good for me or them, it just made me despise being with anyone or meeting anyone or having a good thoughts linked to someone.

And then:

Rose is just digging into his fries when a middle-aged woman approaches with her daughter, who looks to be about seven. The woman asks apologetically if he would mind autographing a menu.

Rose looks at the little girl. It’s clear that she’s terribly excited; she keeps tugging at the hem of her dress and she’s having trouble standing still. Finally blushing profusely, she musters up her courage and gifts Rose with a blinding tin grin.

Rose is delighted. He smiles back at the girl, who now looks as if she’s about to faint. “What’s your name?” he asks.

"Erin.” she says shyly.

For the briefest of instants, an expression of “This could only happen to me” flashes across Rose’s face, but he recovers so quickly that the girl never notices it.

“That’s a real pretty name,” he tells her.

from Guns n’ Roses ‘Outta Control’-Rolling Stone September 5th 1991

I know tht We already discuss this on the old thread but seriously tho

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I was going to write - I have no idea why those two didn't speak to each other for so long, they really are perfect for one another :lol:

Dont forget They both have big belly N' bingo wings:awesomeface: ,They can exchange clothes because Their size are same;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

“I know what the problem was”, Rose says. “I had an extremely volatile relationship with Erin [Everly, Rose’s former wife]. And I was projecting strong negative feelings about myself onto other people. I was attracted to people with similar dysfunctional traits, people that I was going to end up not really getting along with. And it wasn’t good for me or them, it just made me despise being with anyone or meeting anyone or having a good thoughts linked to someone.

And then:

Rose is just digging into his fries when a middle-aged woman approaches with her daughter, who looks to be about seven. The woman asks apologetically if he would mind autographing a menu.

Rose looks at the little girl. It’s clear that she’s terribly excited; she keeps tugging at the hem of her dress and she’s having trouble standing still. Finally blushing profusely, she musters up her courage and gifts Rose with a blinding tin grin.

Rose is delighted. He smiles back at the girl, who now looks as if she’s about to faint. “What’s your name?” he asks.

"Erin.” she says shyly.

For the briefest of instants, an expression of “This could only happen to me” flashes across Rose’s face, but he recovers so quickly that the girl never notices it.

“That’s a real pretty name,” he tells her.

from Guns n’ Roses ‘Outta Control’-Rolling Stone September 5th 1991

I know tht We already discuss this on the old thread but seriously tho

Source seems reliable http://www.slashparadise.com/media/interviews-slash/gnr-outta-control-rolling-stone-september-1991.pdf.

Just sayin`.

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

@dgnr, here's the Out Ta Get Me video from Lisbon.

And yeah, it sounds like Axl mentioned Izzy in the beginning. If I'm hearing it right, he said "I heard that in the Cheap Trick song that says 'they are out to get him'. But yet, when this was in our song, I was the paranoid fucker. But you know, I didn't write it... that was the only line I didn't write in that song, "Out ta get me". That was Izzy's."  

Thank you! I knew I heard it, I told my friend and she was like 'no, it wasn't Izzy', but yeah I couldn't mistake the name of the lord and savior of the No! Gang :P 

On 2017-6-4 at 10:40 PM, Frey said:

@dgnr Forgot to say, great review! Though I admit I laughed at your lengthy descriptions of Slash's drooling. "Magical" :lol::thumbsup:

Thank you, chairman ;) And don't make fun of me, it really was magical, trust me :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgnr said:

Thank you! I knew I heard it, I told my friend and she was like 'no, it wasn't Izzy', but yeah I couldn't mistake the name of the lord and savior of the No! Gang :P 

Thank you, chairman ;) And don't make fun of me, it really was magical, trust me :lol:

Drool is magical when you compare it to projectile vomit, which is exactly what Slash did when I saw him for the first time :vomit:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He was with the second lineup of Snakepit and they came to play at Sheffield Corporation Club, i think in 2000 or 01. It was a pretty wild show, a really small club and very packed and it made the whole thing quite unbearable with the heat. I clung to the rail and the guy at the side of me passed right out, it was so hot!!

Slash was really all over the place, leaning over the barriers and jumping everywhere, just unbelievable and then he just puked everywhere :lol: he tried to go behind an amp, but we could still see him :lol: he sorted himself out and when he spoke he said it was the atmosphere getting to him and it was just so hot, but I don't know, he looked to be really tripping off his tits as well :lol:

It didn't matter, it was just all pure rock n roll, at one point he leaned over the barrier and a girl was touching him and she Was just in a trance like state because of him. :wub:

I could go on and on about that show, it was truly amazing and a bit scary at the same time :lol: 

Haha what a great story!! He's so awesome! :wub:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Haha what a great story!! He's so awesome! :wub:

I honestly can't describe what it was like to people. Slash said he wanted to play the small clubs for fans and the ticket prices were kept deliberately very low. They sold the tickets at the local record shop and it cost me about £13. So, only us real fans got in. :) 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I honestly can't describe what it was like to people. Slash said he wanted to play the small clubs for fans and the ticket prices were kept deliberately very low. They sold the tickets at the local record shop and it cost me about £13. So, only us real fans got in. :) 

3 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Ah, I miss those good ol' days when you could go to a concert and still keep both your kidneys. :rolleyes:

Totally!!!

Fuckin' wankers and greedy Axl (and TB) :max:

They should have done this reunion 15 years ago and now they should be playing small venues and theaters for the fans that really care and only matter, instead of having us paying outrageous amounts of money just to see them from far away. :no:

• Like 2