GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 hours ago, money honey said:

When I realised the Reply buttons were missing from the old thread my first thought was "Oh my God they've banned me!!" So I'm feeling relieved right now...

haha me too. I thought oh crap what have I done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, traciij said:

So today, I thought about our Boys and GnR and what would could have been. Metallica presale tickets went on sale today, and all of a sudden my office was filled with all kinds of people (young/old, men/women, liberal/conservatives) trying to get tickets online..I was floored at the diversity and chaos for Metallica (I am a fan, BTW)...But then I thought of when GnR went on sale last year, and I was the only one talking about it, trying to frantically get tickets, and I was Ecstatic (co workers didn't quite get me)...What could have been if we had more original GnR music...Wish we had more music! I LOVE my Guns and they are my band, but was surprised by the Metallica frenzy..just makes you go,,,hmmmm

I get that....I wish more of my friends were into Guns, but they aren't. Country music is big up here and that is all that comes up to my state... and I am just not into that kind of music. That is why I freakin love this forum, because then I am not all alone in my love for GNFNR!! rock3 

• Like 2

Just now, traciij said:

I believe they could have been the Best Rock Band EVER for the masses!

and They are the BEST Rock band EVER, for those who are in the know..:headbang::headbang::headbang:

You are right, as far as I am concerned they will always be the greatest ever, been loving them nearly 30 years and don't plan in ever stopping :headbang:

• Like 2

Just now, Padme said:

So Fernando finally found the father figure and mentor he needed. I'm so happy for him. But I'm afraid this Fernando's post also speaks volumes about Axl 

:shock: :shocked: :confused:

As they share the same mother, I'm sure he sees him as a brother. Kidding but not kidding. 

I wanted that thread to even exceed the social media thread.

But well If this forum survives for the next 10 years and when they a new comer see's that thread, then yeah it will be very interesting for them to read. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Simage.jpg

So Fernando finally found the father figure and mentor he needed. I'm so happy for him. But I'm afraid this Fernando's post also speaks volumes about Axl 

Honestly, I think he just wants Slash to like him. Plus, Slash and Axl complete each other, Axl had taugth him about craziness :lol:

Lil' Fernie(?) was so happy when Slash took him to the F1 race :P

• Like 2

Huh, a new thread. Um, whoops? :P In all seriousness, I do think it's better this way, a fresh start of sorts.

On topic:

7 hours ago, Padme said:

Simage.jpg

So both Slash and Axl are "father figures" to Fernando... coughslaxlconfirmedcough

Honestly, though, what an ass-kisser. Obviously trying to suck up to Slash and make him forget about all the years of talking shit about him. Almost as bad as... I can't even say his name... Del James.  :vomit:

11 hours ago, traciij said:

So today, I thought about our Boys and GnR and what would could have been. Metallica presale tickets went on sale today, and all of a sudden my office was filled with all kinds of people (young/old, men/women, liberal/conservatives) trying to get tickets online..I was floored at the diversity and chaos for Metallica (I am a fan, BTW)...But then I thought of when GnR went on sale last year, and I was the only one talking about it, trying to frantically get tickets, and I was Ecstatic (co workers didn't quite get me)...What could have been if we had more original GnR music...Wish we had more music! I LOVE my Guns and they are my band, but was surprised by the Metallica frenzy..just makes you go,,,hmmmm

Yeah, I agree. Megadeth and Scorpions had concerts in my country last year and everyone was freaking out, but when I started talking about the GNR reunion, they were just like "Huh? Axl and Slash got together? Well cool, but Axl's fat and can't sing anymore" and even the almost-fans are only Slash fans and claim Axl's voice has always been like a screeching kid's and "not manly enough". :facepalm: Yeah, because Dave Mustaine's voice is the epitome of macho, right. Guns really lost the last 20 years, none of them managed to be nearly as successful or accomplished solo as they could've been as a band. They really could have become a Led Zeppelin tier band.

Anyway, as for the crowd diversity, it's pretty much because Metallica sold out to  the point where causal Justin Bieber fans probably listen to them. There's no spark or anger or problematique in them anymore, just Nice Guy Hetfield. I find bands like that boring, that's why I'm not a fan of the Foo Fighters. 

8 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

1jl46t.jpg

So are manips allowed if they're in meme form, or?

3 minutes ago, nonok said:

Huh, a new thread. Um, whoops? :P In all seriousness, I do think it's better this way, a fresh start of sorts.

On topic:

So both Slash and Axl are "father figures" to Fernando... coughslaxlconfirmedcough

Honestly, though, what an ass-kisser. Obviously trying to suck up to Slash and make him forget about all the years of talking shit about him. Almost as bad as... I can't even say his name... Del James.  :vomit:

Yeah, I agree. Megadeth and Scorpions had concerts in my country last year and everyone was freaking out, but when I started talking about the GNR reunion, they were just like "Huh? Axl and Slash got together? Well cool, but Axl's fat and can't sing anymore" and even the almost-fans are only Slash fans and claim Axl's voice has always been like a screeching kid's and "not manly enough". :facepalm: Yeah, because Dave Mustaine's voice is the epitome of macho, right. Guns really lost the last 20 years, none of them managed to be nearly as successful or accomplished solo as they could've been as a band. They really could have become a Led Zeppelin tier band.

Anyway, as for the crowd diversity, it's pretty much because Metallica sold out to  the point where causal Justin Bieber fans probably listen to them. There's no spark or anger or problematique in them anymore, just Nice Guy Hetfield. I find bands like that boring, that's why I'm not a fan of the Foo Fighters. 

I think they just don't want manips that depict sexual situations  or photo shopping to get said effect.

See....you know what nevermind. How about that Melbourne show? 

18 hours ago, alfierose said:

Having taken into account some of the points made in the previous thread I feel a new thread is now needed, partly because the last thread has become too long and perhaps off putting to newer members. Also it seems that there is a divide between long standing posters and those joining more recently.

I would like this thread to be a fresh start for ALL those that wish to contribute whilst following basic guidelines for the thread. These guidelines are as follows:

• DISCUSSION MUST BE FOR THE MOST PART RELEVANT TO GUNS N ROSES - ANY LENGTHY PERSONAL OR OFF TOPIC SUBJECTS SHOULD BE TAKEN TO THE ANYTHING GOES SECTION.
  •  
  • ALL DISCUSSION OF BAND MEMBER'S FAMILIES, IN PARTICULAR MINORS, IS OFF LIMITS UNLESS IT HAS RELEVANCE TO THE BAND OR IS SOMETHING IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN (FOR EXAMPLE - AN INTERVIEW).
  •  
  • PERSONAL ATTACKS OF OTHER FORUM MEMBERS IS PROHIBITED, POSTS WHICH BREAK RULES SHOULD BE REPORTED.
  •  
  • NO PHOTOSHOPS OF BAND MEMBERS GETTING IT ON WITH EACH OTHER - IT SEEMS THIS HAS BEEN A CAUSE OF CONTENTION IN THE PREVIOUS THREAD AND AS IT DOESNT ADD ANYTHING OF VALUE TO DISCUSSION PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING THEM HERE.

Below is the link to the previous thread for reference.

The last thread had many talented posters and funny, interesting discussion for the most part. It would be nice to return to that premise and to make all newcomers feel welcome.

Thank You.

Just in case there is any confusion....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nonok said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4qOb3sUMAAzKdR.jpg

The Leaning™ for all your The Leaning™ needs :wub:

Yiss, I've seen the video, it was actually Slash who iniciated it :shock: (probably couldn't resist Axl's courtship dance :confused:)

yRYmNG.gif

18 hours ago, dgnr said:

Anyway, this is still Women's Thread, we need gifs. Valentine's day gifs :ph34r:

Ehm, I hate Valentine's day, so....to paraphrase Axl....this gif is all you're gonna get :blink: :hug:

(and now I won't be invited to the European party :smiley-confused2:014.gif )

Edited by Andy14
I'm an idiot
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, traciij said:

I had to reply to this because I was literally just thinking about the same thing! (hello hello, I rarely ever post but I loved to follow and read the other women's thread)

Just looking at the facebook events for guns and metallica in my city, the guns page, after all this time has 3K people that clicked "going" whereas the metallica event, after just a few days already has 6k going. I always thought guns would be more popular among the general public...I mean they really have a little bit of everything!
Into pop music? you'll like sweet child and patience. Into metal? you'll probably like perfect crime and you're crazy (fast). into country vibes? try you ain't the first, dead flowers, bad obsession...Not to mention the popular jungle/paradise city/november rain! On the other hand, I've always viewed metallica as straight up metal (i do like metallica, not as much as guns though). I just think guns cover more bases. 

I was seriously surprised to see the demand for metallica was sooooo much larger than for guns...I feel like gnr needs to put up some billboards that indirectly say "SLASH AND AXL ARE BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!" because a alot of people still think axl's touring with the CD lineup for some reason...

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Yiss, I've seen the video, it was actually Slash who iniciated it :shock: (probably couldn't resist Axl's courtship dance :confused:)

yRYmNG.gif

Ehm, I hate Valentine's day, so....to paraphrase Axl....this gif is all you're gonna get :blink: :hug:

I love the way he aims his guitar to Axl, like 'C'mon, come closer' :ph34r: :P

As for the party I can't dump you, you're one of the organizers, without you we'll be lost, there will be no invitations, no Axl, no TB blessing... it would be like the Slaxl without the good judgment from our lord and chairman Frey. So I forgive you this time. You stay. :shrugs: 

20 minutes ago, qwerty123 said:

I feel like gnr needs to put up some billboards that indirectly say "SLASH AND AXL ARE BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!" because a alot of people still think axl's touring with the CD lineup for some reason...

The best part is reading some comments on youtube vids from this tour. 'Is that Slash?'/ 'Wait is Slash back in Guns? Wow!'/ 'Slash and Rose are together again? Since when?'. The thing is: how do these people end up seeing a random GN'R concert from, let's say, Cincinnati and don't have an idea that Slash is back? :P Billboards with The LeaningTM are needed!!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dgnr said:

The best part is reading some comments on youtube vids from this tour. 'Is that Slash?'/ 'Wait is Slash back in Guns? Wow!'/ 'Slash and Rose are together again? Since when?'. The thing is: how do these people end up seeing a random GN'R concert from, let's say, Cincinnati and don't have an idea that Slash is back? :P Billboards with The LeaningTM are needed!!

It truly amazes me that there are so many people out there who have their heads in the sand with all the social media these days. :P

18 hours ago, dgnr said:

This one with Izzy he just has highlights

5095a1ee63dd575444c716d5a989ebf9.jpg

And this one, I believe it's his natural hair colour. Grace was still a baby, so it must be circa 1998

ipvf8hxox7fgxof8.jpg?djet1p5k

Woah! Duff is better looking with darker hair.

Does this photo look very non-rock-n-roll to anyone else? They look like two ordinary dudes just standing there.

13 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Why He dyed His hair, I like His brown Hair :max: He looks cool with dark hair 

Well I dont care if its a new thread or not as long as I didnt get banned it doesnt matter to Me :nervous:

It become a news

Oh thanks @SerenityScorp for clarifying that it wasn't Axl who said Sydney. I just heard the radio report (yes, this made it all the way to Irish morning radio) and thought it was Axl. I felt so bad for him. Now I can relax!

13 hours ago, traciij said:

But do we want anyone and everyone trying to get tickets and thinking they are GNR fans?! Like someone else said here, Metallica have sold out. They were selling Metallica t-shirts in fucking River Island recently, for God's sake. Even though I would love for more of my friends to be into GNR - so that I don't feel like a bit of a weirdo in their company! - I also love that GNR fandom is a proper community. It's not mainstream. I love that.

12 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

You are right, as far as I am concerned they will always be the greatest ever, been loving them nearly 30 years and don't plan in ever stopping :headbang:

Yes!

5 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

My heart stopped when I saw the little lock beside our thread!

We have to make sure that doesn't happen again. :)

Yeah we gotta behave ourselves now. No going OT. (Is this OT??) :nervous:

1 hour ago, nonok said:

On topic:

What she said.

41 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

yRYmNG.gif

What European party?? What have I missed??

You're doing fine @money honey :P

1 hour ago, nonok said:
1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

1jl46t.jpg

There we go again with the manips already :lol:

Honestly (and I hope Alfie won't get mad at me for saying this), but I think that last rule wasn't really necessary. If stuff like that is against the rules now, we'd need to ban half (or more) of the posters in the thread :lol: And it's not just new members, but also older ones. People have been posting that kind of stuff since the beginning of the thread basically.

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I understand it can get frustrating....believe me I do, but at the same time I realize it's just the nature of the beast. We can only talk about certain GNR topics so much before it gets stale. There are only so many pics to be seen. We also have to remember that some of us here are pretty young (not me of course :P) and are just starting to discover some of the things we already know. Honestly, you are personally one of the reasons I keep coming here. You bring up a topic, listen to all opinions and debate in a healthy way. With that being said, I hope everyone reaches some level of comfort.

You're right, some people are new and young and there's nothing wrong with that. That's why having an index like we discussed at some point in the older thread would have been great. But it was too much damn work even back then, and it's double the work now. Maybe I can dig through the old thread a little and start collecting some of the good stuff in the coming days though. We'll see. I disagree about there being only so many pictures and discussion topics though. New pictures ("new" old pictures from back in the day as well as new pictures from this tour) show up all the time and new stuff keeps happening, some days more, some days less. About the bolded, thanks, I appreciate it :)

16 minutes ago, dgnr said:

As for the party I can't dump you, you're one of the organizers, without you we'll be lost, there will be no invitations, no Axl, no TB blessing... it would be like the Slaxl without the good judgment from our lord and chairman Frey. So I forgive you this time. You stay. :shrugs:

"Lord and chairman". You're getting worse with every post. :lol: I'll appoint you the vice president of the Slaxl club in revenge.

1 hour ago, nonok said:

On topic:

Exactly. Fernando has always struck me as a slimy creep and this doesn't seem sincere to me at all. He's just sucking up to Slash because he knows Slash is here to stay for the foreseeable future most likely.

Regarding Fernando's post, I feel like in two days we're going to get a picture and a sweet comment about Duff because Fernando's done it for Axl and Slash recently.  And if he wants it to come across as sincere, put a candid picture of him and Slash -- not some official pic from Kat.