GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

13 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

Yep I like the intro too..but I knew what it leads to :lol: Were you dissapointed? :awesomeface:

Yes! I saw Axl grab his mic and I thought he was going to sing on this new song.. Then I realised it was Better :lol:

12 hours ago, Hejanne said:

Did I really film that? How did I survive :drool:

Pretty sure I saw you in the GC queue on Friday. You were just ahead of me, got your hand numbered by the number one person there :lol: then everyone got jumbled and started to fall out over who was where?? I thought that was you, I'm way too shy of a person to just go and talk to someone though lol. 

• Like 2

@Blackstar You are absolutely correct about The Sun, they are a piece of shit. Not saying everything they reported about Axl is a lie, just it will be exaggerated. 

I quite liked The Kills set at London Stadium, Tyler Bryant was better received by the majority, though. I really hated their set, it was just the most unimaginative generic crap rock ever. I much preferred The Kills, seems I'm in the minority haha! 

Hmmmm, Axl and the Lady from The Kills.. this is a funny one because whilst they could be friends from playing the same circuits, it's still very unAxl-like to hang around with someone like that so much. She's backstage with him, she gets to watch the shows from side of stage, she is then out with him and clearly going back to wherever he is going at 6am in the morning :rofl-lol:

Meanwhile, there's no sign of TB, or the other assorted hangers on, like Jordan the trainer. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Hmmmm, Axl and the Lady from The Kills.. this is a funny one because whilst they could be friends from playing the same circuits, it's still very unAxl-like to hang around with someone like that so much. She's backstage with him, she gets to watch the shows from side of stage, she is then out with him and clearly going back to wherever he is going at 6am in the morning :rofl-lol:

Well....to be honest, he's been doing many unAxl-like things this tour like sounchecking, rehearsing, meeting up with fans, starting on time and being in a good mood :shrugs:

Also speaking about Beta...

19227000_1346162198754714_7922976379098890240_n.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Well....to be honest, he's been doing many unAxl-like things this tour like sounchecking, rehearsing, meeting up with fans, starting on time and being in a good mood :shrugs:

Also speaking about Beta...

19227000_1346162198754714_7922976379098890240_n.jpg

:rofl-lol:

I liked my elopement story so much more.

Tony looks kinda blissed out now. :heart:

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's just her hair. It does look like a dead mouse though :lol:

I knew he wouldn't leave London without making it into The Sun :lol:

I suppose it's okay for him to have the occasional blow out, I saw plenty of blokes his age that same night in a much worse state than Axl. 

In this pic , Axl not  look bad state ☺

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

:rofl-lol:

I liked my elopement story so much more.

Tony looks kinda blissed out now. :heart:

Axl has a new daddy :ph34r: (a daddy that - at 77 - still parties like there's no tomorrow :smiley-confused2:)

Btw. 2 weeks till my Prague show and I'm losing my excitement because I've been waiting for too long, there's a thick layer of dust on my ticket, almost everyone has seen the show and I feel like there will be nothing left for me :max::unsure:

(maybe I should have really gone to see Myles Kennedy :rofl-lol:)

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Axl has a new daddy :ph34r: (a daddy that - at 77 - still parties like there's no tomorrow :smiley-confused2:)

Btw. 2 weeks till my Prague show and I'm losing my excitement because I've been waiting for too long, there's a thick layer of dust on my ticket, almost everyone has seen the show and I feel like there will be nothing left for me :max::unsure:

Can I have your dusty ticket then? And you run along and see Myles :P

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Andy14 said:
33 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes... And unAxl-like Axl is much better than Axl-like Axl of the recent years

Beta was there too though... This spoils it a bit, but okay, if she hanged out with Tom Jones :lol:

Quoting from the Izzy thread (don't wanna derail it more and make the Izzy witches mad :P)

16 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

The Izzylessness of this thread makes me so sad. But ok, let me say this:

I like the fact that she is 38 and a musician in her own right. And @Blackstar says she loves Velvet Underground, so I give them my blessings. :P

Yes, she does and she has done a couple of covers too (not great, but decent).

36 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I love the picture of the council noise officers there with their clipboards and miserable faces - so funny :lol:

Looks like he is hooking up with her, she seems to love dodgy leopard print garments as much as Axl does. A match made in heaven :P

Yes to both :lol: Her music and influences don't have much to do with GnR, but I read a couple of articles saying that she reminds Axl as a performer :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Yes... And unAxl-like Axl is much better than Axl-like Axl of the recent years

Beta was there too though... This spoils it a bit, but okay, if she hanged out with Tom Jones :lol:

Yes to both :lol: Her music and influences don't have much to do with GnR, but I read a couple of articles saying that she reminds Axl as a performer :P

Funny, she is a bit like Axl on stage, I thought that but didn't want to say. She puts her foot up on the monitors a lot like he does and other little things, looks like she stole some of his moves. :lol:

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Funny, she is a bit like Axl on stage, I thought that but didn't want to say. She puts her foot up on the monitors a lot like he does and other little things, looks like she stole some of his moves. :lol:

Yeah, maybe a little :lol:

• Like 1

Ok, so..... to sum it up :rolleyes:

The New Scheme Of Things

Axl & Alisson from The Kills 1 - 1 (Sasha out, yay!)

Beta & Tom Jones 1 - 1 (Well hooked up and gone, yay!)

Slash & Duff 1 - 1 (still there and helping, yay!)

TB, Andrei & the freak show 1 - 0 (Still around but keeping a distance, yay!)

New Guns N' Roses Album 0 - 0 (:ph34r: :smiley-confused2:)

I need more........... :popcorn:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

In my experience, best things happen when you loose prior excitement and almost force yourself to go. It happened so many times to me that if I did statistics, I could make scientifically proof results.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What kind of music does The Kills? :ph34r:

The earlier stuff is something like modern garage rock and noise rock (somewhat in the same vein with The White Stripes). The more recent stuff (I've heard a couple of songs) sounds more conventional.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Ok, so..... to sum it up :rolleyes:

The New Scheme Of Things

Axl & Alisson from The Kills 1 - 1 (Sasha out, yay!)

Beta & Tom Jones 1 - 1 (Well hooked up and gone, yay!)

Slash & Duff 1 - 1 (still there and helping, yay!)

TB, Andrei & the freak show 1 - 0 (Still around but keeping a distance, yay!)

New Guns N' Roses Album 0 - 0 (:ph34r: :smiley-confused2:)

I need more........... :popcorn:

What an interesting turn of events! Like it. Now we only need some Izzy action and all's well :wub:

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The earlier stuff is something like modern garage rock and noise rock (somewhat in the same vein with The White Stripes). The more recent stuff (I've heard a couple of songs) sounds more conventional.

Their music didn't sound so good live. Their base drum was giving everybody in the front a real pain in the chest and some women were seen carried out, leaving crying... it was kinda bizarre. 

Without their stupid base drum I would have actually been able to listen to the music but with a sound out of proportion and balance you hear only shit.

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Their music didn't sound so good live. Their base drum was giving everybody in the front a real pain in the chest and some women were seen carried out, leaving crying... it was kinda bizarre. 

Without their stupid base drum I would have actually been able to listen to the music but with a sound out of proportion and balance you hear only shit.

Yeah, I read in the show thread that there was a problem with their sound mix. Maybe it had to do with them sounding awful...

Her hair here... hmm...

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, maybe a little :lol:

:lol: maybe she is a fan, her music isn't obviously influenced by GnR but neither is Jack Whites and I was surprised to find out he was a GnR fan (when younger) and said they influenced him a lot. 

Maybe her and Axl are just attracted to each other for now, how would they ever maintain a relationship with their hectic tour schedules and such? She seems to be much more productive creatively than Axl too. Can't see her ever becoming like Meegan or Susan and travelling around supporting him so much, then again maybe that's not what he'd want. Who knows :shrugs:

23 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What an interesting turn of events! Like it. Now we only need some Izzy action and all's well :wub:

The Kills blew the PA out at London Stadium :lol: She was really late to the stage anyway, then their equipment fucked everything up lol. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders