GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It will be painstaking and frustrating working with Axl on music, maybe he won't want to even go down that road :lol:

That is my thinking, he finds it fun and easy with Myles & Co and i can't see him giving that up.

27 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@dgnr WTF?! He said that? 

He did. I just...what did he mean with 'got that fucker back'? 'The fucker' is the person who thanked him for his soul or it's the soul itself? I get really confuse when he talks about this things about souls leaving bodies and stuff :ph34r:

You can hear it here. Around 1:10:30.

https://www.facebook.com/june.e.nielsen/videos/vb.1165353321/10213305227082933/?type=2&theater

27 minutes ago, janrichmond said:
did you see this tweet 'more awesome years to come' 

well...shit :nervous:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

He did. I just...what did he mean with 'got that fucker back'? 'The fucker' is the person who thanked him for his soul or it's the soul itself? I get really confuse when he talks about this things about souls leaving bodies and stuff :ph34r:

https://www.facebook.com/june.e.nielsen/videos/vb.1165353321/10213305227082933/?type=2&theater

So the song is written for Slash? Axl did claim that he saw Slash's soul leave his body... *shrug*

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Here is another from a few days ago. He's been saying this shit the entire time he has been back in Guns :P

Saul needs to sort out his priorities then. Lol.

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Here is another from a few days ago. He's been saying this shit the entire time he has been back in Guns :P

It's something like "kick ass crowd" tweet after every show. He's just not very creative when it comes to twitter ;)

On the other hand, he tweets at least...yes, looking at you, Mr. Rose :max: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

So the song is written for Slash? Axl did claim that he saw Slash's soul leave his body... *shrug*

I was just about to say...

TIL is about Slash conspiracy theory starts NOW.

Or since he said the person he wrote this song about thanked him for his soul... maybe Steph Seymour, being the witch she is, made some nasty remark to him about how he'll never get over her and how she'll always have his soul or something.... I mean she must have known about his more out there/esoteric beliefs and I could see her using that to hurt him or something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Saul needs to sort out his priorities then. Lol.

Sarcasm, my favourite...  

4 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

It's something like "kick ass crowd" tweet after every show. He's just not very creative when it comes to twitter ;)

On the other hand, he tweets at least...yes, looking at you, Mr. Rose :max: 

Like none of us saw that picture of him holding his mobile phone with about 100 apps on the home screen :rofl-lol:

How can we expect this guy to write a song when he can't even be arsed to write a 'thanks for spending your life savings to come and see my show' tweet!! :max:

(Orrrr they changed his passwords again and he hasn't figured them out yet) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frey said:

I was just about to say...

TIL is about Slash conspiracy theory starts NOW.

Or since he said the person he wrote this song about thanked him for his soul... maybe Steph Seymour, being the witch she is, made some nasty remark to him about how he'll never get over her and how she'll always have his soul or something.... I mean she must have known about his more out there/esoteric beliefs and I could see her using that to hurt him or something.

I was thinking Stephanie Seymour as well. I was kidding about it being about Slash. I don't Axl would write love songs about his guitarist.

36 minutes ago, dgnr said:

He said the person who he wrote that song for thanked him for the gift of his soul, it took a while, but he got that fucker back. 

Yes, "the fucker" is his soul.

39 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He said the person who he wrote that song for thanked him for the gift of his soul, it took a while, but he got that fucker back. 

wait wait wait, whaaaaat??? :wow:

what song is that??

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

How strange to all of a sudden get a little bit of information about a songs meaning from Axl, after all of this time. This is so weird, I wonder what has made him all of a sudden just blurt that out in front of thousands of people. 

I like it. 

I remember that once he also said something about recording Don't Cry (can't remember which show it was)....the story contained Steven and a gun...:lol: 

• Like 1

Yup. ...exactly that. I totally think its about SS. 

43 minutes ago, killuridols said:

wait wait wait, whaaaaat??? :wow:

what song is that??

TIL.

How strange to all of a sudden get a little bit of information about a songs meaning from Axl, after all of this time. This is so weird, I wonder what has made him all of a sudden just blurt that out in front of thousands of people. 

I like it. 

Yes, me too.

And we now know for sure (or at least 90%) that TIL is about Stephanie.

Unless what he said was about the next song, Civil War, and it had to do with the weird story of that Rhiad guy (because he said "the person I wrote this song for")... But it was most likely about TIL.

55 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I remember that once he also said something about recording Don't Cry (can't remember which show it was)....the story contained Steven and a gun...:lol: 

Yes... And more recently in Lisbon, when he introduced Out Ta Get Me, he said (paraphrasing) that he came across as a "paranoid fucker" because of the line "they're out ta get me", but it was Izzy who wrote it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yup. ...exactly that. I totally think its about SS. 

TIL.

:ph34r:

Thank you! I've just heard it!

------

But I can't make the first words very well..... because I don't think he says "the person I wrote that song for". I hear the "for" after the "I wrote that".... There's a word missing before he continues with "said thank you for the gift of your soul".

Not sure it is about Stephanie, though.... Why would she thank him for his soul?? Lol, she hated him.

If this is about soul transferring, I know he did that to Erin's dead dogs, so... hmmm...

Also, is this an English expression of some sort? I don't quite grasp the meaning of it without thinking it is something ridiculous. I mean, in Spanish we don't have an expression like that so does anyone know what it really means?