alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

1 hour ago, Frey said:

I was just about to say...

TIL is about Slash conspiracy theory starts NOW.

Or since he said the person he wrote this song about thanked him for his soul... maybe Steph Seymour, being the witch she is, made some nasty remark to him about how he'll never get over her and how she'll always have his soul or something.... I mean she must have known about his more out there/esoteric beliefs and I could see her using that to hurt him or something.

I was thinking Stephanie Seymour as well. I was kidding about it being about Slash. I don't Axl would write love songs about his guitarist.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Sarcasm, my favourite...  

Yeah....picking up on sarcasm is not one of my talents because I'm terrible with social cues.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dgnr said:

He did. I just...what did he mean with 'got that fucker back'? 'The fucker' is the person who thanked him for his soul or it's the soul itself? I get really confuse when he talks about this things about souls leaving bodies and stuff :ph34r:

You can hear it here. Around 1:10:30.

https://www.facebook.com/june.e.nielsen/videos/vb.1165353321/10213305227082933/?type=2&theater

He said the person who he wrote that song for thanked him for the gift of his soul, it took a while, but he got that fucker back. 

Yes, "the fucker" is his soul.

So he will be going back to SMKC then in November? 

???????noooo!!!

• Like 1

How strange to all of a sudden get a little bit of information about a songs meaning from Axl, after all of this time. This is so weird, I wonder what has made him all of a sudden just blurt that out in front of thousands of people. 

I like it. 

39 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He said the person who he wrote that song for thanked him for the gift of his soul, it took a while, but he got that fucker back. 

wait wait wait, whaaaaat??? :wow:

what song is that??

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

How strange to all of a sudden get a little bit of information about a songs meaning from Axl, after all of this time. This is so weird, I wonder what has made him all of a sudden just blurt that out in front of thousands of people. 

I like it. 

I remember that once he also said something about recording Don't Cry (can't remember which show it was)....the story contained Steven and a gun...:lol: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I remember that once he also said something about recording Don't Cry (can't remember which show it was)....the story contained Steven and a gun...:lol: 

I think that was in SP, Brazil, last year...

Yup. ...exactly that. I totally think its about SS. 

43 minutes ago, killuridols said:

wait wait wait, whaaaaat??? :wow:

what song is that??

TIL.

I like it. 

Yes, me too.

And we now know for sure (or at least 90%) that TIL is about Stephanie.

Unless what he said was about the next song, Civil War, and it had to do with the weird story of that Rhiad guy (because he said "the person I wrote this song for")... But it was most likely about TIL.

55 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Yes... And more recently in Lisbon, when he introduced Out Ta Get Me, he said (paraphrasing) that he came across as a "paranoid fucker" because of the line "they're out ta get me", but it was Izzy who wrote it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yup. ...exactly that. I totally think its about SS. 

TIL.

:ph34r:

Thank you! I've just heard it!

------

But I can't make the first words very well..... because I don't think he says "the person I wrote that song for". I hear the "for" after the "I wrote that".... There's a word missing before he continues with "said thank you for the gift of your soul".

Not sure it is about Stephanie, though.... Why would she thank him for his soul?? Lol, she hated him.

If this is about soul transferring, I know he did that to Erin's dead dogs, so... hmmm...

Also, is this an English expression of some sort? I don't quite grasp the meaning of it without thinking it is something ridiculous. I mean, in Spanish we don't have an expression like that so does anyone know what it really means?

I would not call it an English expression (at least in the US) but maybe when they were dating, very happy and in love in those early days, she did get his heart and soul sort to speak.....but after they broke up bitterly, he took that fucker (his soul) back! To quote Axl! :lol:

It could have been, like @Frey said, something Stephanie said to him ironically after they broke up, maybe in reply to something he had told her or in the context of the court case (which, as we know, started with Axl suing first claiming back the gifts he had given her) and the meaning is "I got this gift back from her".

25 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I would not call it an English expression (at least in the US) but maybe when they were dating, very happy and in love in those early days, she did get his heart and soul sort to speak.....but after they broke up bitterly, he took that fucker (his soul) back! To quote Axl! :lol:

Yes, I got it. I mean... I think he's talking about the long time it took him to recover from "losing his soul" or the time it took for him to recover his own soul. Probably this is him trying to inform us that we shouldn't keep talking about him crying over Stephanie (or whoever he wrote that song about).

Well, whatever the meaning, how interesting that he brought it up! I wished he talked more during the shows....

Well.... it feels like when he has something important to communicate he will do it like that, onstage. No more interviews ever again :ph34r:

During the Axl/DC tour he also said other things. Kind of mentioned Erin as well..... Maybe, just maybe, this is his way of doing catharsis, closing chapters of his life.... who knows :shrugs:

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well.... it feels like when he has something important to communicate he will do it like that, onstage. No more interviews ever again :ph34r:

It's really a shame, isn't it? 

I heard the interview that he made for BBC radio with Angus....he sound so lively and happy, I wish hear something like that with Slash

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I hear the interview that he made for BBC radio with Angus....he sound so lively and happy, I wish hear something like that with Slash

Love his deep voice,yes is a shame

14 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Axl + jeans = :drool:

Better without jeans, ???

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, warrocks said:

I agree, talk or rant, whatever, but the concerts need more spontaneity, I don't know, duff or slash should say something too.. A scream at least ? heeeeey fuckers we're guns n' roses ??

That's because they are not Guns N' Fuckin' Roses anymore... Just a group of corporate musicians putting on a show for entertainment purposes and the money it brings.

More over, they probably have nothing interesting to say.

7 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I heard the interview that he made for BBC radio with Angus....he sound so lively and happy, I wish hear something like that with Slash

Yeah, and the other one where his answers were all jokes and sarcasms. That was great.

Everything with AC/DC was a dream come true.

I don't know why :unsure:

Hm.... I can't really follow your thoughts here. So you think its about Stephanie because? I remember in the old WT it was said it's about Erin because he or she cannot say goodbye. He in the beginning and she just a short while ago... whatever.

This soul stuff is somewhat beyond me. Why not say something like "I was heartbroken but not anymore" kind of more precise information. If it was meant to be informative. I'm not an esoteric type of person. lol

To be honest, as I don't like TIL anyway I don't really care if it was about Stephanie or Erin. Or Slash.

Hey, or Izzy, right? There was a big saying goodbye thing with Izzy in his life too. :awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, me too.

And we now know for sure (or at least 90%) that TIL is about Stephanie.

Unless what he said was about the next song, Civil War, and it had to do with the weird story of that Rhiad guy (because he said "the person I wrote this song for")... But it was most likely about TIL.

Is it definitely about her? I always thought it was about Erin. Perhaps I didn't take part in the lyric discussion of the old thread because I don't like the song, at least not to sit at home and listen to and it does seem out of place in the current setlist - when it was performed in 2010 however I was absolutely floored by it, really just an unbelievable vocal performance. 

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is it definitely about her? I always thought it was about Erin. Perhaps I didn't take part in the lyric discussion of the old thread because I don't like the song, at least not to sit at home and listen to and it does seem out of place in the current setlist - when it was performed in 2010 however I was absolutely floored by it, really just an unbelievable vocal performance. 

When we discussed the lyrics, others thought it was about Erin and others about Steph. I leaned more towards it being about Steph. I think what he said makes it most likely to be about her, but then who knows...

I don't like it either and I had to listen most of it twice to hear what Axl said :angry: :lol:

• Like 1