GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

I would not call it an English expression (at least in the US) but maybe when they were dating, very happy and in love in those early days, she did get his heart and soul sort to speak.....but after they broke up bitterly, he took that fucker (his soul) back! To quote Axl! :lol:

It could have been, like @Frey said, something Stephanie said to him ironically after they broke up, maybe in reply to something he had told her or in the context of the court case (which, as we know, started with Axl suing first claiming back the gifts he had given her) and the meaning is "I got this gift back from her".

25 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I would not call it an English expression (at least in the US) but maybe when they were dating, very happy and in love in those early days, she did get his heart and soul sort to speak.....but after they broke up bitterly, he took that fucker (his soul) back! To quote Axl! :lol:

Yes, I got it. I mean... I think he's talking about the long time it took him to recover from "losing his soul" or the time it took for him to recover his own soul. Probably this is him trying to inform us that we shouldn't keep talking about him crying over Stephanie (or whoever he wrote that song about).

Well.... it feels like when he has something important to communicate he will do it like that, onstage. No more interviews ever again :ph34r:

During the Axl/DC tour he also said other things. Kind of mentioned Erin as well..... Maybe, just maybe, this is his way of doing catharsis, closing chapters of his life.... who knows :shrugs:

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well.... it feels like when he has something important to communicate he will do it like that, onstage. No more interviews ever again :ph34r:

It's really a shame, isn't it? 

I heard the interview that he made for BBC radio with Angus....he sound so lively and happy, I wish hear something like that with Slash

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I hear the interview that he made for BBC radio with Angus....he sound so lively and happy, I wish hear something like that with Slash

Love his deep voice,yes is a shame

30 minutes ago, warrocks said:

I agree, talk or rant, whatever, but the concerts need more spontaneity, I don't know, duff or slash should say something too.. A scream at least ? heeeeey fuckers we're guns n' roses ??

That's because they are not Guns N' Fuckin' Roses anymore... Just a group of corporate musicians putting on a show for entertainment purposes and the money it brings.

More over, they probably have nothing interesting to say.

7 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I heard the interview that he made for BBC radio with Angus....he sound so lively and happy, I wish hear something like that with Slash

Yeah, and the other one where his answers were all jokes and sarcasms. That was great.

Everything with AC/DC was a dream come true.

I don't know why :unsure:

Hm.... I can't really follow your thoughts here. So you think its about Stephanie because? I remember in the old WT it was said it's about Erin because he or she cannot say goodbye. He in the beginning and she just a short while ago... whatever.

This soul stuff is somewhat beyond me. Why not say something like "I was heartbroken but not anymore" kind of more precise information. If it was meant to be informative. I'm not an esoteric type of person. lol

To be honest, as I don't like TIL anyway I don't really care if it was about Stephanie or Erin. Or Slash.

Hey, or Izzy, right? There was a big saying goodbye thing with Izzy in his life too. :awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, me too.

And we now know for sure (or at least 90%) that TIL is about Stephanie.

Unless what he said was about the next song, Civil War, and it had to do with the weird story of that Rhiad guy (because he said "the person I wrote this song for")... But it was most likely about TIL.

Is it definitely about her? I always thought it was about Erin. Perhaps I didn't take part in the lyric discussion of the old thread because I don't like the song, at least not to sit at home and listen to and it does seem out of place in the current setlist - when it was performed in 2010 however I was absolutely floored by it, really just an unbelievable vocal performance. 

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is it definitely about her? I always thought it was about Erin. Perhaps I didn't take part in the lyric discussion of the old thread because I don't like the song, at least not to sit at home and listen to and it does seem out of place in the current setlist - when it was performed in 2010 however I was absolutely floored by it, really just an unbelievable vocal performance. 

When we discussed the lyrics, others thought it was about Erin and others about Steph. I leaned more towards it being about Steph. I think what he said makes it most likely to be about her, but then who knows...

I don't like it either and I had to listen most of it twice to hear what Axl said :angry: :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry, I'm gonna derail this lyrics analysis with something that made me laugh today. One of the most iconic, funniest and dramatic moments of rock history in a cartoon. :lol:

Presenting to you an ass crazy redhead in a fluffy fur jacket showing of his bubble butt in tiny whities and with a shiny police hat on top that he makes sure stays safe before he furiously and fucking horizontally dives into the crowd. Don't miss out on Izzy's, Slash's and Stevie's facial expressions.

OMG :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

when_someone_gets_pissed_1_by_isnabel-d3

when_someone_gets_pissed_2_by_isnabel-d3

when_someone_gets_pissed_3_by_isnabel-d3

You know - and during all this diving, hitting, kicking and getting the fluffy furry diva back on stage drums and bass continue playing like a subdued soundtrack. Fucking perfect! :rofl-lol:

So funny. Who's the artist?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Hm.... I can't really follow your thoughts here. So you think its about Stephanie because? I remember in the old WT it was said it's about Erin because he or she cannot say goodbye. He in the beginning and she just a short while ago... whatever.

This soul stuff is somewhat beyond me. Why not say something like "I was heartbroken but not anymore" kind of more precise information. If it was meant to be informative. I'm not an esoteric type of person. lol

To be honest, as I don't like TIL anyway I don't really care if it was about Stephanie or Erin. Or Slash.

Hey, or Izzy, right? There was a big saying goodbye thing with Izzy in his life too. :awesomeface:

Some people think its about Stephanie and others think it is about Erin. Some others think it is about both of them and other ones think it is about his mother too.

My opinion is that it is about Erin but Im not 100% sure and I'm flexible about it, lol. The description of the person in the song does not fit Stephanie that much, IMO.

Yeah, the soul thing is weird but I guess that's some kind of terminology that is part of his usual communication. Remember that book he gave to Erin before a break up? It was about soulmates. Then there is the Slash soul leaving his dead body and being replaced by someone else :facepalm:. There's the soul transferring he used to perform with the Yoda people and all that talk about souls he did to Erin (him being posessed by John Bonham spirit, Erin & Stephanie being sisters in a past life and Erin having killed their children in another life as well).

He's definitely a complicated guy and I guess he will never talk in a straight manner about anything. Just like when he explains what Estranged is about... he goes saying "The break up of my marriage... with Erin... and how I didn't want it to die." Why would he use the word die? instead of saying "I didn't want it to end" :shrugs:

Seems to me he loves enhancing simple words, probably as a self-defense mechanism to not expose himself that much. All his writing is intricate like that, even when he writes those serious letters to communicate GN'R stuff, it is usually a rambling of words just to say something that could be put out in a simple form.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, the soul thing is weird but I guess that's some kind of terminology that is part of his usual communication. Remember that book he gave to Erin before a break up? It was about soulmates. Then there is the Slash soul leaving his dead body and being replaced by someone else :facepalm:. There's the soul transferring he used to perform with the Yoda people and all that talk about souls he did to Erin (him being posessed by John Bonham spirit, Erin & Stephanie being sisters in a past life and Erin having killed their children in another life as well).

Oh dear God:facepalm: 

Tori72 that cartoon is very funny! Steven's face...haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

He's definitely a complicated guy and I guess he will never talk in a straight manner about anything. Just like when he explains what Estranged is about... he goes saying "The break up of my marriage... with Erin... and how I didn't want it to die." Why would he use the word die? instead of saying "I didn't want it to end" :shrugs:

Seems to me he loves enhancing simple words, probably as a self-defense mechanism to not expose himself that much. All his writing is intricate like that, even when he writes those serious letters to communicate GN'R stuff, it is usually a rambling of words just to say something that could be put out in a simple form.

I totally agree with you about his manner of speaking / writing. Even though the "Estranged" comment might be due to the lyrics "I never wanted it to die".

His HoF letter was so full of mannerism and metaphors and internals that I wondered wether he was drunk or high writing it.

Axl is not exactly alien to boasting and showing of. That's the effect his words have on me. In his 80ies interviews he was much more down to earth and a blunt and direct kinda guy.

• Like 2