alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry, I'm gonna derail this lyrics analysis with something that made me laugh today. One of the most iconic, funniest and dramatic moments of rock history in a cartoon. :lol:

Presenting to you an ass crazy redhead in a fluffy fur jacket showing of his bubble butt in tiny whities and with a shiny police hat on top that he makes sure stays safe before he furiously and fucking horizontally dives into the crowd. Don't miss out on Izzy's, Slash's and Stevie's facial expressions.

OMG :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

when_someone_gets_pissed_1_by_isnabel-d3

when_someone_gets_pissed_2_by_isnabel-d3

when_someone_gets_pissed_3_by_isnabel-d3

You know - and during all this diving, hitting, kicking and getting the fluffy furry diva back on stage drums and bass continue playing like a subdued soundtrack. Fucking perfect! :rofl-lol:

So funny. Who's the artist?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Hm.... I can't really follow your thoughts here. So you think its about Stephanie because? I remember in the old WT it was said it's about Erin because he or she cannot say goodbye. He in the beginning and she just a short while ago... whatever.

This soul stuff is somewhat beyond me. Why not say something like "I was heartbroken but not anymore" kind of more precise information. If it was meant to be informative. I'm not an esoteric type of person. lol

To be honest, as I don't like TIL anyway I don't really care if it was about Stephanie or Erin. Or Slash.

Hey, or Izzy, right? There was a big saying goodbye thing with Izzy in his life too. :awesomeface:

Some people think its about Stephanie and others think it is about Erin. Some others think it is about both of them and other ones think it is about his mother too.

My opinion is that it is about Erin but Im not 100% sure and I'm flexible about it, lol. The description of the person in the song does not fit Stephanie that much, IMO.

Yeah, the soul thing is weird but I guess that's some kind of terminology that is part of his usual communication. Remember that book he gave to Erin before a break up? It was about soulmates. Then there is the Slash soul leaving his dead body and being replaced by someone else :facepalm:. There's the soul transferring he used to perform with the Yoda people and all that talk about souls he did to Erin (him being posessed by John Bonham spirit, Erin & Stephanie being sisters in a past life and Erin having killed their children in another life as well).

He's definitely a complicated guy and I guess he will never talk in a straight manner about anything. Just like when he explains what Estranged is about... he goes saying "The break up of my marriage... with Erin... and how I didn't want it to die." Why would he use the word die? instead of saying "I didn't want it to end" :shrugs:

Seems to me he loves enhancing simple words, probably as a self-defense mechanism to not expose himself that much. All his writing is intricate like that, even when he writes those serious letters to communicate GN'R stuff, it is usually a rambling of words just to say something that could be put out in a simple form.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, the soul thing is weird but I guess that's some kind of terminology that is part of his usual communication. Remember that book he gave to Erin before a break up? It was about soulmates. Then there is the Slash soul leaving his dead body and being replaced by someone else :facepalm:. There's the soul transferring he used to perform with the Yoda people and all that talk about souls he did to Erin (him being posessed by John Bonham spirit, Erin & Stephanie being sisters in a past life and Erin having killed their children in another life as well).

Oh dear God:facepalm: 

Tori72 that cartoon is very funny! Steven's face...haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

He's definitely a complicated guy and I guess he will never talk in a straight manner about anything. Just like when he explains what Estranged is about... he goes saying "The break up of my marriage... with Erin... and how I didn't want it to die." Why would he use the word die? instead of saying "I didn't want it to end" :shrugs:

Seems to me he loves enhancing simple words, probably as a self-defense mechanism to not expose himself that much. All his writing is intricate like that, even when he writes those serious letters to communicate GN'R stuff, it is usually a rambling of words just to say something that could be put out in a simple form.

I totally agree with you about his manner of speaking / writing. Even though the "Estranged" comment might be due to the lyrics "I never wanted it to die".

His HoF letter was so full of mannerism and metaphors and internals that I wondered wether he was drunk or high writing it.

Axl is not exactly alien to boasting and showing of. That's the effect his words have on me. In his 80ies interviews he was much more down to earth and a blunt and direct kinda guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Tori72 that cartoon is very funny! Steven's face...haha

Yeah, thats probably how it looked... When he saw it on the news :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Blackstar Has Axl not been back to Greece since 2006? 

Yes, he hasn't played here since 2006.

Just now, Mary Cochrane said:

What happened in 2006? 

Nothing... He just didn't come back when he toured Europe again. Probably a promoters' thing and/or it had to do with the general situation here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tori72 said:

crazy redhead in a fluffy fur jacket showing of his bubble butt in tiny whities

looool :rofl-lol: Bubble butt :wub:

Btw. 5 days...:scared:

and I've just found out that I can't take a table, a ladder or an axe to the show and can't do crowd surfing...gotta change my plans then :max:

:P 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, he hasn't played here since 2006.

:( 

I was just looking through some old tour dates and thought I might have been mistaken. I wanted to see how his general pattern of touring goes, as in he goes back and forth between US/Canada and other places, really just looking to see why the Euro leg is so short. Of course, football season here hardly takes a break :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:( 

I was just looking through some old tour dates and thought I might have been mistaken. I wanted to see how his general pattern of touring goes, as in he goes back and forth between US/Canada and other places, really just looking to see why the Euro leg is so short. Of course, football season here hardly takes a break :rolleyes:

I think he now cares more about the NA, especially US, market, because it's there where he had lost most fans during the NuGuns period and he wants to win them back. And there are still cities there they haven't played yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

looool :rofl-lol: Bubble butt :wub:

Btw. 5 days...:scared:

and I've just found out that I can't take a table, a ladder or an axe to the show and can't do crowd surfing...gotta change my plans then :max:

:P 

No chopping wood at a height during the show then!

At Slane light sabres were on the don't bring list.

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think he now cares more about the NA, especially US, market, because it's there where he had lost most fans during the NuGuns period and he wants to win them back. And there are still cities there they haven't played yet.

I think so too, but I checked both his and Slash's usual touring methods and both seem to be pretty much the same. They both tour like god knows what (especially Slash!) :lol: I realise this tour isn't a normal one for either of them personally though, so probably a waste of my time comparing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Andy14 said:

wtf is that?

Axl with a viking's hat from the funfair? :awesomeface:

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Omg :crazy:. Looooool. I'm kinda worried of what he's gonna wear in Prague since it's on July 4th :smiley-confused2:

19436730_1356013437768773_7402418749321510912_n.jpg

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Omg :crazy:. Looooool. I'm kinda worried of what he's gonna wear in Prague since it's on July 4th :smiley-confused2:

tighty wighties and an american flag? :awesomeface:;););) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

:lol:

edit: Andy14 just posted the picture from the show thread :awesomeface:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

:lol:

edit: Andy14 just posted the picture from the show thread :awesomeface:

LoL so funny! I know my gingersnap so well :heart: :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

hahaha OMG this is too good! You gotta love him :heart: