alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

7 hours ago, Frey said:

Sometimes I wish all the guys were born a couple of decades later because

a) we'd all get to experience GNR in their prime right now instead of getting whatever it is we have instead. Don't get me wrong, what's going on with the band right now is still pretty cool, but part of me wishes I could have been around to experience them in the 80s/early 90s. I was a kid back then and and no one would take me to see them and I wasn't allowed to go on my own either :max::P

b) Slash could just go after Axl for real these days and they'd live happily tumultuously ever after and we'd all be saved from the never-ending stream of redhead ex-wifes, groupies and Instagram posts.

This. I love your posts because they make me dream of Slaxl :heart: No, but really, it is almost common nowadays  for people to come out. I second what @MillionsOfSpiders said, please tell us more : D  

awww @Frey, that post, I can't hide my pride in you, man. You are completely surrendered to the Slaxl cause. It warmed my heart, we couldn't have chosen a better chairman  :heart::P 

10 minutes ago, penelope said:

This. I love your posts because they make me dream of Slaxl :heart: No, but really, it is almost common nowadays  for people to come out. I second what @MillionsOfSpiders said, please tell us more : D  

I don't think it was me asking for more Slaxl :lol:

Welcome to the thread by the way, very cool to see you posting away :) Keep it up :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Haha!! 

Or stuck on 'its complicated'

Ahahahaha :facepalm: It would change between those three :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dgnr said:

awww @Frey, that post, I can't hide my pride in you, man. You are completely surrendered to the Slaxl cause. It warmed my heart, we couldn't have chosen a better chairman  :heart::P 

This <3

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

You really need to learn that some situations are subjective and not black and white. There's no reason to get defensive and upset about it all the time. If you're that upset over a fan kissing Slash's hand maybe you need to look at yourself, not everyone else. Why be so insecure about something so insignificant?

And insinuating that we've cheated on our significant others because we aren't offended is not only a ridiculous leap to make it's also extremely disrespectful. Like I said before, maybe where you're from it means something more but I think to the majority of people kissing somebodies hand is nothing and completely acceptable socially.

Look, stop with that culture difference BS because I'm not the only one who sees something, at the least "questionable", with that picture. @MillionsOfSpiders is British and it looks to me she feels the same way about it, yet you're not picking on her culture or whatever.

I'm not upset or defensive. I gave my opinion and I even told you I didn't know exactly why I feel this way. It just looks bad to me and that's it. If you want to go reading it as "culture differences" or "insecurity", go head if that makes your day.

You are acting the same way you are accusing me of and you should take your own advice. To paraphrase you, you should also learn that some situations are subjective (I feel uncomfortable about it and you don't). Calling me "insecure" because I see something you don't, it is not any better than me "insinuating" that you all are cheaters. Your tone is patronizing.

Not only that, your condescending way to describe the situation and make me look like a crazy woman from Latinamerica leaves a lot to be desired. This is not just "a person kissing someone else's hand", as you want to simplify it. Someone else called the girl "stealth" and other person "groupie wannabe", so there's obviously something with it that some people see. I am aware others like you do not it see and that's fine.

So if it's so totally cool and fine with you, move on. You are the secure and happy one, after all. Right?

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes. :facepalm:

Was just thinking about joining....but I'm not sure it's worth it? Some of the "welcome" gifts you get when signing up are cool though.....Is the membership price for life or do you need to buy a new one each year? How's the activity on the official boards? :question:

Just now, Nostalgia^ said:

Was just thinking about joining....but I'm not sure it's worth it? Some of the "welcome" gifts you get when signing up are cool though.....Is the membership price for life or do you need to buy a new one each year? How's the activity on the official boards? :question:

It depends on what you expect from it. Like you said, the only cool thing about it are the gifts and the ocassional contests, although most of them are rigged and only let people from the USA participate. 

Memberships lasts a year from the moment you signed up, so you have to renew it everytime. 

Activity on the boards is low, with one person creating most of the threads and copying a lot of topics from this forum. There's hardly serious debate and most people are Axl apologist, sicophants and asskissers. There's no place for opposed views to the mainstream. So if that floats your boat you're gonna feel great, otherwise it is just boring.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think it was me asking for more Slaxl :lol:

Welcome to the thread by the way, very cool to see you posting away :) Keep it up :thumbsup:

Oopsie :P i must have misread you, sorry. I couldn't control myself with the Slaxl. Thanks for the welcome :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It depends on what you expect from it. Like you said, the only cool thing about it are the gifts and the ocassional contests, although most of them are rigged and only let people from the USA participate. 

Memberships lasts a year from the moment you signed up, so you have to renew it everytime. 

Activity on the boards is low, with one person creating most of the threads and copying a lot of topics from this forum. There's hardly serious debate and most people are Axl apologist, sicophants and asskissers. There's no place for opposed views to the mainstream. So if that floats your boat you're gonna feel great, otherwise it is just boring.

But you get a brand new merchandise package each year you sign up then? New t-shirt? new stuff in the package each year?

Yeah I don't think I would be using the pre-sale/competition stuff much....they just finished playing here....so who knows when they will come back now :D

On 26/06/2017 at 10:48 PM, janrichmond said:

On night 1 we saw a bloke getting removed by the first aid people, he was so drunk he could barely walk, like legless! This was while the Kills were still on!!! What a waste of money that was for him.

Sorry late to the party on this subject, on the train down on Saturday there was a bunch of guys heading to the show sat behind me and Grace, they were already knocking back the beer at 10am so I can imagine the state of them by about 8pm.

If there's one thing we Brits do well it's pissed up, knobhead behaviour. :lol::facepalm:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

The board isn't as active as this one. I only ever use it to whinge about why the US gets more competitions to enter than the rest of us. Like the Sirius radio thing in NY, they're only giving tickets to US fans, so that pissed me off. 

Getting to buy better GnR tickets than normal presales or general sales did not happen for me either, so that was a waste of time. 

If you really want that new merch and that's all you really expect to gain from it, then it's probably worth it for you :) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

Anyone here in the official Nightrain Fan club?

I'm in the club ✌?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

Haha I'm still waiting for the gifts...for the past 2 months ??

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Look, stop with that culture difference BS because I'm not the only one who sees something, at the least "questionable", with that picture. @MillionsOfSpiders is British and it looks to me she feels the same way about it, yet you're not picking on her culture or whatever.

I'm not upset or defensive. I gave my opinion and I even told you I didn't know exactly why I feel this way. It just looks bad to me and that's it. If you want to go reading it as "culture differences" or "insecurity", go head if that makes your day.

You are acting the same way you are accusing me of and you should take your own advice. To paraphrase you, you should also learn that some situations are subjective (I feel uncomfortable about it and you don't). Calling me "insecure" because I see something you don't, it is not any better than me "insinuating" that you all are cheaters. Your tone is patronizing.

Not only that, your condescending way to describe the situation and make me look like a crazy woman from Latinamerica leaves a lot to be desired. This is not just "a person kissing someone else's hand", as you want to simplify it. Someone else called the girl "stealth" and other person "groupie wannabe", so there's obviously something with it that some people see. I am aware others like you do not it see and that's fine.

So if it's so totally cool and fine with you, move on. You are the secure and happy one, after all. Right?

I find it interesting that you always complain about the lack of debate but when somebody offers a different opinion than yours you always tell them to drop it unless they're kissing your ass. :rolleyes:

Whatever, man... :lol:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, domino said:

Haha I'm still waiting for the gifts...for the past 2 months ??

Really? Don't they have some way to contact the fan club. 2 months is a really long time!

Just now, Nostalgia^ said:

Really? Don't they have some way to contact the fan club. 2 months is a really long time!

When you sign up they tell you not to contact them until it's been 6 months. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

When you sign up they tell you not to contact them until it's been 6 months. :lol:

Yeah items they will send later...no worries, had to wait for my tank 1 month till it got delivered. This is the longest time I waited for a shipment from the US to Dubai ?

I used to be in the club but it's not worth the money, really. You can score better tickets outside of the club. The boards suck.  Admittedly the swag is better this year than in previous years, but still. This is not a band that tends to cater to it's biggest, long term fans, it's fan club is a symptom of that.

8 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I find it interesting that you always complain about the lack of debate but when somebody offers a different opinion than yours you always tell them to drop it unless they're kissing your ass. :rolleyes:

Whatever, man... :lol:

What do you want to debate here? :shrugs:

You keep mirroring the behavior you accuse me of, by keep complaining about it and you end up doing the same.

You "dropped" the subject when you said I should take a look at myself because there is no problem with the picture or the hand kissing, that it is just me being insecure about it, making a huge deal of an "insignificant" thing that is "socially acceptable" everywhere else in the world.

What can I do or say against that? I have already told you 100 times why I dislike it. You think I am wrong and that you are right. I am the one with a "problem" and you are all cool about it.

How in the holy fuck is that me asking you to kiss my ass? :rolleyes:

You want to keep talking about it? Ok, let's keep talking about it...

What do you want to discuss now?

I'm not moving one inch from my opinion about the whole thing being disgusting.

What's your new take on it?

:popcorn:

55 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

But you get a brand new merchandise package each year you sign up then? New t-shirt? new stuff in the package each year?

Yeah I don't think I would be using the pre-sale/competition stuff much....they just finished playing here....so who knows when they will come back now :D

In theory you do..... But they never know if that's going to happen or when. If you renew before the time they have decided to release new merch, you will be stuck with the same merch from the previous year for a second time. :facepalm:

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What do you want to debate here? :shrugs:

You keep mirroring the behavior you accuse me of, by keep complaining about it and you end up doing the same.

You "dropped" the subject when you said I should take a look at myself because there is no problem with the picture or the hand kissing, that it is just me being insecure about it, making a huge deal of an "insignificant" thing that is "socially acceptable" everywhere else in the world.

What can I do or say against that? I have already told you 100 times why I dislike it. You think I am wrong and that you are right. I am the one with a "problem" and you are all cool about it.

How in the holy fuck is that me asking you to kiss my ass? :rolleyes:

You want to keep talking about it? Ok, let's keep talking about it...

What do you want to discuss now?

I'm not moving one inch from my opinion about the whole thing being disgusting.

What's your new take on it?

:popcorn:

You're missing the point... My issue isn't with your stance about the picture my issue is with you slinging insults anytime somebody has a different viewpoint than you. You've done this before with the whole "women can't be friends with men" debate.

When it comes to relationships there are no set rules. Depending on you're experiences growing up, your viewpoint on what defines appropriate behavior will be different from mine. Where I'm from kissing somebody's hand is a sign of affection and respect. To you (and millionsofspiders) it's not. Which is perfectly ok. None of us our wrong by thinking that way.

What's not ok is saying that anybody who disagrees with you is a cheater. But as you said earlier, it really doesn't matter at this point and I apologize for calling you insecure. I shouldn't of said that.

Now if you don't mind I have to go find a scarlet 'A' to pin to my dress and watch GNR rock Finland. :headbang:

Edited by Kris_1989