GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry to interrupt your post-gig bliss. But I just found this, I don't remember how, and I need to show someone – so it's for you guys.

I feel bad for laughing at this piece because it is disrespectful as fuck. But people, The Master of Ceremonies - SLASH! :wow::wow:

WTF IS THAT??? :wow::wow::wow:

(then people say this thread is only about Axl... come on, we've been talking about Slash shenanigans for ages now)

8 hours ago, lucie said:

Looks like I've missed a lot thanks to travel...I think iv'e caught up on most of it though.

...live shows seem to be rocking and there is a lot of love between the band.

...we have established that there are a lot of internet freaks that harass band members and their families with their own agendas....I honestly think the freaks that suck ass are just as scary as those that are full of hate...but whatever...they get rewarded for their obsession and will continue to do so..

...we don't like photos of some random nobody kissing slashs hand....but kissing him on the face and declaring him your man, your person, on the day he files for divorce is a.ok! so it's only ok if we don't like the person being cheated on.

...kids should be off limits...anyone and everyones kids....leave them alone. 

...why do we care about the kids and partners anyway............they are not a part of the band we love.

...I've never been an axl fan but he's probably the coolest band member at the moment.

...domestic violence is wrong no matter if you are maie or female.....no excuses...surely we all agree.

579666853908e_whatthefuckisthis.gif.7e48b7618a211b22b9c61f103beb70a0.gif

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

All I read is he wants a piano and soundproofed room.. 

Fuck all else matters.

Hum.

Suspicious. I hope he's writing another Estranged :ph34r:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is the thing, I still really believe he has got another Estranged left in him.

Lol at me, I know :lol:

Oh I'm pretty sure he ha a lot hidden under his sleeve. Time to get rid of his so called management and be creative again...a new album is waaaaaaay over due 

• Like 2

Hey is anyone here going to the Gorge or the last show at the Forum? I wanted to meet some of you. I have VIP for the Gorge but don't know what good that will do me as they don't offer meet and greet. I have pit for the forum. If not does anyone have any requests for the shows? Just let me know and I'll try to achieve.

29 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is the thing, I still really believe he has got another Estranged left in him.

I have no doubt that he can write another Estranged. Now whether or not he'll release it is another matter entirely. 

If only we could bug his hotel room... :ph34r:

BTW: Just realised that the St Louis show is exactly 2 weeks away. Anyone else getting a little anxious? :nervous:

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

Hey is anyone here going to the Gorge or the last show at the Forum? I wanted to meet some of you. I have VIP for the Gorge but don't know what good that will do me as they don't offer meet and greet. I have pit for the forum. If not does anyone have any requests for the shows? Just let me know and I'll try to achieve.

Lots of pics of Slash please :)

• Like 1

@Andy14 I already told you, but what a great review :heart: Very funny and takes me right back to these awesome moments :drool:

8 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Good morning.

Lumikki, I like very much your review....you have a very nice style of writing...makes me laugh and was very entertaining...

Thank you! I'm glad you thought it was entertaining :lol:

I also think Axl wanting a piano and a sound-proof room in Isreal is a good sign because:

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Me too, me too. Let's pray to all rock gods that we actually get to hear it too one day.

13 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry to interrupt your post-gig bliss. But I just found this, I don't remember how, and I need to show someone – so it's for you guys.

I feel bad for laughing at this piece because it is disrespectful as fuck. But people, The Master of Ceremonies - SLASH! :wow::wow:

I never knew Slash could act. :P

I'm lauhing much too hard at this. :facepalm:

:wow:

Omg, I remember this! Talk about a blast from the past. This video used to be posted a lot on various sites back in the day when I was still a kid lol. Together with these clips of Duff playing a vampire in some TV show.

For some reason these videos of Slash and Duff failing at acting were very popular back then and also some of the few GNR videos (outside of music videos or show videos) available of the guys in the dinosaur age of the internet.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Wanna tell you a story about Vienna show….:smiley-confused2:

I went to Vienna the day before the show. Had to get up at 5:30, which is the time Axl probably went to bed. The journey was quite fine, I tried to get some sleep but I failed lol. When I arrived in Vienna and found my hostel, I was just about to go out to explore the city. However, a storm came and ruined my plans. :max: Little did I know there would be another rainstorm soon. :nervous: When the rain stopped (cause nothing lasts forever, right?) I finally got out to do some sightseeing. As soon as I arrived at Stephansdom, I got a message from @Hejanne saying that gnr plane had already taken off (2 hours earlier than scheduled).

PKOuLD3.jpg

So I went to check their hotel and found just a few fans sniffing around. Since I had still some time I went to a nice Vienna café to have some sacher cake and a cup of coffee. I felt like I'd turned back in time, the only thing missing was a Kafka book. :wub:

4GdtPWC.jpg

Suddenly @Hejanne messaged me that the eagle had landed :ph34r:, so I headed to their hotel. I came just in time to put myself in the queue. Had no idea what was going on. As we were waiting for the big black cars to arrive some of the fans started their own Austria Got Talent show and were “singing” *cough*bullshit*cough* gnr songs. I’d never felt so embarrassed. All those guys mimicking Axl, pretending to be Axl. ("Hey dude, no, wearing a flannel shirt, a bandana and a backwards cap will never put you even close to Axl's look") I was standing there trying to pretend I had no idea what I was doing in front of the hotel lol. :facepalm: Anyway in 30 minutes the band started arriving, I could see Jordan, Kat, Susan, Mae and others. Still no signs of the big three. Then some security guys checked the queue, told us “no pics” (that’s why I thought Slash would come out) and said that if we stayed calm and quiet we would get what we came for. (in case we didn't come to rob the hotel I guess) In a few minutes, somebody appeared in front of the hotel, at first I couldn’t see a shit but then I noticed the familiar hat and a flannel shirt. :wub: So it was my time to finally meet Axl. :wow:And also the time when I realized I had left my AC/DC ticket in the hostel and thus had nothing he could sign. :bitchfight: (only my knee I hurt because of him at Prague show :max:) I really didn’t expect to meet him that day, I thought they would arrive much later and if we would be lucky enough we would see them enter the hotel.

But suddenly I was there and about to meet Mr. Rose. I wasn’t nervous. When my time came, I said hello to him and he smiled. Before we took a picture I had told him about my AC/DC ticket being somewhere in the hostel and then called myself an idiot, his reaction was “Oooohohoh haha, that's bad” and he started to laugh. That’s why he makes the funny expression in the pic. You all have seen it lol. I thanked him and shook his hand. He was very nice, patient and looked great. I also have a cool pic of him kinda smiling at me (thanks @Hejanne). There were probably more than 60 people and he took his time to talk to each of us. :hug:

When it was all over I stayed there with other fans (some of the celebrities among gnr fans lol) and @Hejanne went to her adventurous journey to find a tattoo studio that would be open on Sunday evening. It took her 3 hours, many phone calls, begging, tears, Axl hating etc. but she succeeded. I think that Axl really got under her skin. :ph34r:

(Btw. I never got so many notifications on the forum than that day hahahahaha. Yiss, meeting Axl gave me my 15 minutes of fame. :rofl-lol:)

I got back to my hostel late at night and couldn’t fall asleep.

On the show day I got up, went to check the venue just to found out I was probably the only person out there (which was a huge difference from Prague) so I went back and met up with @Lumikki. She nearly fainted from happiness that she had finally seen me. :smiley-confused2: We had breakfast or something and slowly headed to the venue where we met @Hejanne with her boyfriend and other people. Soon @Sekh-met joined us with a bottle of Nightrain. So we could finally taste the real GNR looool. :headbang: It tasted....weird...but still you don't have to pay any membership to be on Nightrain. The weather was very hot, I was sweating more than Axl at the end of Paradise City. But soon a huge ass rainstorm and hailstorm came and lasted for more than an hour. I was wearing a raincoat but still got kind of wet. Must have been a great look at all of the fans standing there out in the rain. Lumikki and I were wondering what Axl was doing, probably having a great food in his comfy huge bed checking pics from outside the stadium and laughing his huge ass off. The funniest moment was, however, when we heard an announcement from the stadium that told us there might be a bad weather. Oh really? You don’t say. :unsure:

ON8AUp6.jpg

The show itself was great. (Btw. Can somebody tell me the difference between the music of Tyler Bryant and Wolfmother?) I took a pic of our friend Gio who kept threatening the audience for all the show. But dear Gio, you failed so hard when you were playing "I see you, fuckhead, don't you dare to move" game while I was hit with a cup full of water. :max: As @Lumikki has already mentioned there was the weird moment at the end of It’s so Easy when Slash looked at us and smiled. A seconds later Axl pointed at @Hejanne and her new tattoo (but she wasn’t paying attention to him :max:). Here's a picture of the moment by rocker1975.

19955153_113679672594908_430587191731683328_n.jpg

Anyway, after 4 songs the rain came back and lasted for another hour. Axl apologized for not being able to run and jump since the stage was slippery and we all know that it's hard to jump like crazy in the cold July rain. He introduced YCBM as you could be wet and said “let there be light” when he saw lightning on the sky.

Again, I was so mesmerized by the big three that it took me as a surprise to see Richard right in front of me. ("the fuck you're doing here:wow:?")

Image may contain: 3 people, people on stage

Duff was great, he was smiling all the time, cheering up the crowd. He looks much better in reality than in pics. We could also see Susan and Mae who was pretty much bored and kept playing with her phone. Just another boring day with Dad at work. :lol:

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, playing a musical instrument, concert, night and guitar

Slash was playing his ass off, again, hidden in his own world, the warm safe place, wearing his sunglasses looking at things probably only he could see. His hair and tophat protected him from all the rain.

KwevoPa.jpg

Axl was great as always, I wish I had so much energy. You could tell that he was quite sad he couldn’t run and jump as much as he wanted, but he could dance at least. I had even better spot than in Prague so nobody was blocking my view of him. :heart:

n7dCKaL.jpg

We were patiently waiting for our moment during KOHD to show him our first banner @Hejanne had made. (sidenote – when we were making the banner, @Hejanne was about to lend us her black pen to write it but couldn’t find it….somebody must have stolen it…oh wait…Axl was the last one to use it when he was signing her tattoo…the pen thief!!!:max::o) I have to mention that our first attempt failed. Nobody saw it, thankfully not even the security. So we tried again a few moment later (at the exactly same time as we did in Prague). It really made him laugh, it was great to see his big smile and him nodding his head. However, hard as we tried, he didn’t follow our advice. :max: We had another banner and we waited until the very end of the show (showing one banner puts you on Gio’s black list, but showing two can throw you out of the show loooool). So when Axl threw his mic (and couldn’t rant) we showed our banner and he gave it a side-eye and was smiling again. Aww. He definitely needs us to make him smile. :drool::ph34r: Btw. we made the first step, now it's all up to him. :rofl-lol:

Hx8VtQW.jpg

After the show we went to their hotel to try our luck. The band had been already inside and nobody seemed to come out. But we had a lot of fun. We were making jokes about some band members :ph34r: (yes, you, who are reading it) and about trying to get the stolen pen back from Axl. @Hejanne left us to cry her eyes out over her lost property and @Lumikki, @Sekh-met, her friend and I went to the hotel bar to had something to drink. We ordered mojitos, they were good, or must have been for the price lol. We talked to @domino for a while and then were gently kicked out ("ladies, last order...ladies could you pay...ladies, we’re closing the bar...ladies, go fuck yourself"). :rofl-lol:

Since we had been said Axl would go for his daily walk (???!!! :wow:) some time after 10, @Lumikki and I went to check the hotel in the morning. Of course nothing happened. We only bumped into Beta and asked her about Axl’s health. (more in @Lumikki’s review) I want to mention something else though. There was that woman who had a message for Axl, something like she used to have heart problems, met Axl last year and it has all got better. Anyway, Beta replied “oh, good, sometimes it’s the other way round, he can actually cause heart problems.” Looool. Well...maybe...:smiley-confused2:

Anyway, I had to leave soon after to catch my bus back home. To sup up, I spent amazing three days in Vienna :wub: and then got back to reality. It sucks. :max: Hope to see you all soon again and enjoy more shows. It’s definitely worth it. :headbang:

Also a shout-out to @hair of the dog, hope you had a great show despite your injury :hug:.

Here are more of my photos:

cVEJ8OT.jpg

yDFXhmG.jpg

3TIB5bJ.jpg

Eo36Cgw.jpg

rT9KRcY.jpg

iSa4rV6.jpg

ep946ZZ.jpg

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, concert and night

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a musical instrument

S31h8ld.jpg

What wonderful chronicle, you could be journalist!!!  No words ☺

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ratam said:

What wonderful chronicle, you could be journalist!!!  No words ☺

Great review and they way you write it... the ladies, last order...ladies could you pay...ladies, we’re closing the bar...ladies, go fuck yourself"). :rofl-lol: totally cracked me up ???????????? and it still does ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, domino said:

Great review and they way you write it... the ladies, last order...ladies could you pay...ladies, we’re closing the bar...ladies, go fuck yourself"). :rofl-lol: totally cracked me up ???????????? and it still does ????

Yes ,the details ?

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nope, cos he wants a soundproofed room so no one gets to hear but him,,, the usual 

This is infuriating.....too much waste of talent 

2 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

BTW: Just realised that the St Louis show is exactly 2 weeks away. Anyone else getting a little anxious? :nervous:

I'm waiting for an exceptional show, I lost my hope about some kind of rant....I love those when he mimicks the voices of the fans:lol:

Andy14, exceptional review...you must be a blast to be around! if you permit to quote some:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

picture I had told him about my AC/DC ticket being somewhere in the hostel and then called myself an idiot, his reaction was “Oooohohoh haha, that's bad” and he started to laugh.

AC/DC is the secret weapon to bring a smile?

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Since we had been said Axl would go for his daily walk (???!!! :wow:) some time after 10

Well...this is good news, he goes out!!!:P

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

We only bumped into Beta and asked her about Axl’s health.

Why did you ask for Axl's health? for the doctor's visit? did you ask Beta for new music?  :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

WTF IS THAT??? :wow::wow::wow:

(then people say this thread is only about Axl... come on, we've been talking about Slash shenanigans for ages now)

579666853908e_whatthefuckisthis.gif.7e48b7618a211b22b9c61f103beb70a0.gif

Hum.

Suspicious. I hope he's writing another Estranged :ph34r:

Maybe theres something between Him N'Slashy poo in there:awesomeface:

:smiley-confused2:

20 minutes ago, dgnr said:

So...uhm... something different :smiley-confused2:

It came out today a song by a famous portuguese musician, Miguel Araújo, called 'Axl Rose'. The song basically talks about the rock n' roll death and how it was seen by his generation. The singer says the inspiration came from when Axl fell on stage during the GN'R show in Portugal in 92 (you can see this fall on Dead Horse video) and how, from his point of view, that represented the fall of rock n' roll itself. This is what he said in an interview today: 'That tumble in the middle of "It's So Easy" was a critical gesture, Messianic, to fall to ascend to the heaven of popular imagination, the posters of the rooms of the teenagers, in short, the eternal life of things that no longer mattered. I think, in a way, rock and roll died shortly after that tumble, this one-generation flick episode. I declare the year of 1994 as the probable year of the death of rock. By the way: I'm sure it is. At least I was never again 15 years old.'

Anyway the video is really cool, I can't stop watching it. If you watch it you'll notice a lot of references to GN'R :wub: Also this guy is a darling for portuguese radio stations, so I'm pretty sure I'll be listening to this song a lot during the next few months. I translated the lyrics, but even if you don't understand shit, or don't like the song, just watch the vid, it's worth it.

Aww the video is really cute :heart:

But I dont agree at all with what he said about rock n' roll.

Rock will never die, there are too many good bands and albums that have become a classic for it to die. Maybe it is not the mainstream music of today and it is not what teenagers listen to the most nowadays, but just like our adolescence stopped in the 90s, the teens of today will soon grow older and the music they listen to now will be replaced by something else. It is the law of life.

Of course, no one will be 15 years old again, but the rock music lives in the spirit of people. Thats why The Rolling Stones keep playing, bordering the 80 years old. And so many other bands and rock n' roll is much more than a musical genre, it is a lifestyle and a philosophy so nope, rock did not die.

• Like 3

349bd3m.jpg

1. On 7/13/2017 at 7:19 PM, Ubukitty said:

Will do.

I will be there, The Forum Show...hopefully we will have a few members for a meet up...I am in section 105, I think..not the pit, I am not sure I could handle it, my 20 something year old stuff was there in '91 though :axl92:

Edited by traciij
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hejanne said:

@Andy14 and @Lumikki I wish I could write like you two :wub: Amazing reviews that takes me back to all the fun we had together with @Sekh-met :hug:

My English is far from good enough to capture the essence of those wonderful days:(

Came back to Denmark yesterday, and now I'm sick, just a cold, but I blame Axl of course. He must have infected me, when he signed my arm (and stole my pen). Another reason to talk with him again <_<

All in all I just wanted to say, I I had the best days of my life, met the best people in the world (Axl included) and really looking forward to doing it all again someday in the future. I hope soon is the word:nervous:

Your as well sick? Tztz...seems like I'm not the only one that is down with the flu...I didn't know flu travels through walls as well ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, traciij said:

1. I will be there, The Forum Show...hopefully we will have a few members for a meet up...I am in section 105, I think..not the pit, I am not sure I could handle it, my 20 something year old stuff was there in '91 though :axl92:

Yeah, I will be flying down to the Forum show as well. Will be VIP front row, right behind GA. Can't  believe that I'm seriously going :blink:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

But I dont agree at all with what he said about rock n' roll.

Rock will never die, there are too many good bands and albums that have become a classic for it to die. Maybe it is not the mainstream music of today and it is not what teenagers listen to the most nowadays, but just like our adolescence stopped in the 90s, the teens of today will soon grow older and the music they listen to now will be replaced by something else. It is the law of life.

Of course, no one will be 15 years old again, but the rock music lives in the spirit of people. Thats why The Rolling Stones keep playing, bordering the 80 years old. And so many other bands and rock n' roll is much more than a musical genre, it is a lifestyle and a philosophy so nope, rock did not die.

Awwwwww :wub::hug:

And @dgnr The video is super cute. Memory is where it took me. :heart:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1