GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Okay, lots of stuff I want to comment on, but I need to get going, so for now I'm just gonna say...

16 hours ago, killuridols said:

Next............................. NUMBER TWO....................... this award goes to three people who have worked their feet off to eat the ass throughout the years.
They have spent quite a chunk of money coming and going, from one country to another, standing in lines under the sun, under the rain, under the wind, for hours, day and night.
Hotels, airports, backdoors.... they became the shadow of the band and yes, they got many things: pictures, autographs, tattoos, posters, kisses and handshakes.

The ASS-EATING LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD goes to....................... *trumpets*................. Miss @Lumikki, Miss @Hejanne and Miss @Sekh-met!!!!

You ladies have achieved it all!! Congratulations!!!

1zyzrx5.png

:headbang:

Ahahaha :lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Thank you! :wub::drool:

Like @Andy14, I also am a loser who never wins anything, so I greatly appreciate this award :rofl-lol::wub:

And I'm very happy to share it with all the other awesome people who got one (even if some of them are a tad confused :rofl-lol:).

I'm so glad we all had a great time during this European leg of the tour.

It truly was special :heart:

• Like 1

On 2017-07-16 at 9:05 AM, Frey said:

There you go (I put in under a spoiler tag, so anyone who doesn't wanna read some pretty nasty comments about Axl can avoid reading them):

Reveal hidden contents

http://sleazeroxx.com/original-l-a-guns-vocalist-michael-jagosz-passes-away/

Original L.A. Guns vocalist Michael Jagosz passed away on March 9th at the age of 48.

Jagosz fronted L.A Guns during their formative years. The singer first performed with the band in 1983, eventually being replaced by Axl Rose while serving a week long sentence in the county jail after a bar fight. Jagosz would in turn replace Rose and together L.A Guns released a four song EP entitled ‘Collector’s Edition No. 1’ in 1985 containing the songs “Don’t Love Me”, “When Dreams Don’t Follow Through”, “It’s Not True”, and “Something Heavy” — the tracks would eventually resurface as a bonus disc on the 2004 release ‘Hollywood Raw: The Original Sessions’.

No details have emerged about the cause of death, but the final post on Jagosz’ Facebook page is the cryptic “I’m drowning.”

L.A. Guns founder Tracii Guns remembered Jagosz fondly by saying, “the last time I hung out with Mike Jagosz was a few years ago at The Venice Beach Music Fest and we had a lot of laughs that day and that’s how I will remember him with that giant smile! I hope peace and Mike have found each other. We recorded the first L.A. Guns EP together at 18 years old which both of our first real studio experience. He is also the first singer I ever wrote and performed with. I always wished he could find a great metal band to front and why that didn’t happen is beyond my scope of understanding. He was very influenced by UFO , Dio and Ian Gillan. He had the killer metal pipes!” Sylent Storm member Jym Harris also confirmed the death. “We had our ‘differences’ over the years but last time I talked to him (on February 28th) he was determined to make good with me about everything. I had no idea he was dying. Makes sense now. RIP my friend, you will be missed.”

In a 2011 interview with the Proud2BeLoud blog Jagosz lashed out at Axl Rose. “To tell you the Jesus Christ truth… William Bailey was only in the group for two fuckin weeks. I tried to give him vocal lessons… but, he sucked. Voted “least likely to ever make it”. He always was a pathetic sub-human being. He lived at my parent’s house for over six months… sponging off us and doing heroin. What a little fag*ot. Come to find out, he was a male-fag*ot prostitute at the time — L-O-S-E-R. He sold his asshole to gay men for money. But, he made 70 million. He was a real piece of work, he was/is a parasite. A real sack of shit.”

In the same interview Jagosz had kinder words for former bandmate Tracii Guns. “Tracii tried to save me from getting arrested. I was drunk, wanting to drive… he hid my keys. I was actually out of the group just after doing the EP. Tracii Guns was a true brother. Gotta love him. Successor to Randy’s throne.” When asked what he thought of the direction L.A Guns would eventually take Jagosz continued, “Hated it at first. We were metal, the 3-bar chord shit killed me. I thought Tracii was wayyyyyyyyy too talented to do that shit. Looking back though, he went commercial to sell. God bless Tracii, he saw what we couldn’t.”

Jagosz, born on December 13, 1965, is survived by his mother Rosa Caceres Jagosz, son Michael Jeffrey Jagosz and brother David Jagosz. A private memorial is planned for April 1, 2014.

It's worse than I remembered actually :confused:

Thoughts?

Obviously, the guy seems like a complete douchebag. I mean... "Male-fag*ot prostitute"? "Pathetic sub-human"? Really?! :facepalm:

Usually, I wouldn't take anyone who talks like that seriously anyway, but I just can't figure out why he hates Axl so much. It's not like Axl stole his place in L.A. Guns and then went on to become super successfull with them.

Is he just jealous because Axl made it big and he didn't? Or still mad about the time Axl lived with his family? It's strange to me that the guy could still be so bitter about Axl "sponging off of his family for six months" about three decades later (and why didn't they just kick him out if they didn't like having him around?).

Is he actually telling the truth or did he just try to come up with the most damaging thing he could say about another man in his mind (i.e. letting yourself get fucked by other guys for money)?

For what it's worth, @killuridols says she knows of another guy who knew Axl back then who apparently made the same claims about him. I don't know the details about that one though, maybe she can tell us if they match up with what Mr. Jagosz was claiming here.

I think the guy was just wasted and venting, and probably drank himself to death.

I have questioned whether Axl was gay or bi myself, but I don't believe he ever prostituted himself.  Steven on the other hand.......

• Like 1

So they're saying here that The Kills will be opening for GnR at the Apollo show on Thursday.  The return of Allison Mosshart.  I'm surprised there's an opener at all, and it makes me even less hopeful of much special happening regarding the AFD anniversary.  What do you all think?  

1 hour ago, triad said:

So they're saying here that The Kills will be opening for GnR at the Apollo show on Thursday.  The return of Allison Mosshart.  I'm surprised there's an opener at all, and it makes me even less hopeful of much special happening regarding the AFD anniversary.  What do you all think?  

ugh... you're probably right... :shrugs:

I guess most people (the invited ones and the ones who will be watching from the distance) DO expect a surprise of that kind. I don't think there's one single person NOT THINKING that it would be nice to see the AFD5.

So when the curtain opens and we get to see Frank and Fortus and Melissa.............. doble disappoinment :unsure: and facepalm :facepalm:, that's what's gonna happen.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Do we know, is there going to be a livestream? Of will we be dependent on facebook live stream and periscope?

Gibbo is recording the show as it's streamed on the radio and will post it here [the forum not the W/T;)]

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Probably they will wipe their phones off :lol:

or put them in bags like the Troubadour

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Gibbo is recording the show as it's streamed on the radio and will post it here [the forum not the W/T;)]

or put them in bags like the Troubadour

Good.

Can we hear the radio or is it for USA citizens only? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Good.

Can we hear the radio or is it for USA citizens only? :rolleyes:

only USA i think,you can sign up with fake address and stuff, it's in one of the Apollo threads, Gibbo says how to do it.

Way too complicated for me :lol: i'll just read about it or wait until he

puts the stream up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

only USA i think,you can sign up with fake address and stuff, it's in one of the Apollo threads, Gibbo says how to do it.

Way too complicated for me :lol: i'll just read about it or wait until he

puts the stream up. 

Ha, no fuckin' way..

My address will be L at ig oCany..... ahhhhhhhh :ph34r::rofl-lol:

Edited by killuridols

18 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

My thoughts exactly. I find it unlikely that it came from Duff or Slash but Izzy has always been a lot more straight forward about shit like that. I have a few theories about the types of shenanigans Izzy and Axl might have got upto but I won't go into it now...

Yeah, Izzy's always been very straightforward about Axl issues. "Never got no pussy in high school" comes to mind. :P:facepalm:

And please feel free to share your theories about Izzy and Axl. This thread clearly is all about boundless speculation and theorizing anyway :lol:

6 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I didnt know it was gay bar/club 

Where did You get this info?

Even tho its just an assumption, I really dont like if Izzy talk about the secret to Someone other than Band Members

I must have gotten this story from this thread. Where else would I have learned something like this from? :lol:

And I tend to agree, I don't personally like the idea of Izzy of blabbing about stuff like that to other people either, but he's done it before and he was (or still is?) close with Niven, for reasons I can't really understand, so I do think it's a possibility at least.

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

Axl called people "n**** & fa*****" in a song and recorded it for eternity.

He recorded another song insulting media guys with really awful stuff like "your daddy gets more p**** than you" :facepalm:

And I could paste the long vomitive shit he typed to a lady of this forum, in the most mysoginist way that can be...... do you want me to link it?

No, you don't want me to do that. :rolleyes:

You know what my problem is with the people that get mad at this guy and dismiss what he says because he said it in that harsh way?
That they are all hypocritical fucks.

I'm not talking about you especifically but there are people who I've seen posting vulgarities, obscenities and all kind of nasty shit about different kind of people (forum members or musicians) yet they have the nerve to say this guy is not credible because he chose such words.

And.... focusing on the envelope of words, instead of the concept and information he's giving, it is for people who cannot see past the superficial side of things.

With this I'm not saying Jagosz is untouchable or that he should be trusted 100%. No, of course every person has the right to believe him or not, but when the reasons for not believing him derive from disliking his rethoric.... ok, the bar is set too low for me.

And he was widely called out and criticized for the OIAM lyrics or the forum rant too (rightly so). GITR lyrics are just juvenile and ridiculous, same as fuckhead.

But anyway, using vulgar language and a string of insults like Jagosz did here will automatically disqualify an opinion in many people's eyes (same goes for Axl when he does that). Personally, it doesn't necessarily make me disregard his words, because people often speak the truth in their anger. Also the way he says some things make me think there is some truth to what he says. The bit about Axl staying with his famiy "for over six months" for example. It's unlikely to me someone would come up with a concrete time frame like that on the spot when making up a lie.

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

Now that you mention this..... Something came to my mind and that is how paranoid Axl could have been about doing that in the 80's with all the talk about gay people having AIDS, "spreading a fucking disease" and what not.

This is another reason why I think he didn't do it further 1983.

Yes, good point. I remember reading that in the early 80s, AIDS wasn't called AIDS yet, but was referred to as "gay cancer" and stuff like that and not much was understood or known about it.

If all Axl knew was that there was a disease out there that mainly seemed to kill men who had sex with other men, he might have been hella paranoid about it all and it might have led to the "fa**ts spreading some fucking disease" line.

19 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The guy's venomous hatred for Axl certainly takes away from his credibility. Moreover, his description of Axl doesn't match with the way other musicians (Tracii Guns, Chris Weber, Kevin Lawrence etc) who knew him at about the same period have described him (of course I'm talking only about things said in public and not stories/rumours/hearsay going around or people have shared with fans etc, which I have no idea about). It's not impossible, however, that there's some truth to what he says, especially if there are also "rumours".

As for where the hatred comes from, the first logical assumption that can be made (again, being in speculation territory) is jealousy (like @Lumikki and @Rocketqueen76 said) because a guy whom Jagosz probably saw as a nobody from Indiana and a bad singer (from what he says it seems that he considered anything other than heavy metal-y technical singing bad) made it and he didn't. But besides that, there are a couple of other possible reasons I can think of.

Another musician, this guy Nadir from the band London, said in an interview that Axl had fucked his girlfriend but he didn't want to say more about it (according to Tracii Guns there was some kind of beef between this guy and Axl and Axl beat him up in the end). I think I've read 1-2 other stories like that, and we also know that Axl did this with Slash's girlfriend too. As much as "dispensable" girlfriends were for these guys, this thing would surely hurt their male pride. And if Jagosz had provided Axl a place to stay and Axl returned the favour with something like this, it's expected that he would've held grudge; and, if there's truth in the part about Axl selling himself to guys for money, then learning (supposing that he heard about it later) that the guy who had taken his girlfriend was a "fag" would make it even harder to bear.

Another thing is that, when GnR made it, probably many people that knew them before/were in bands with them approached them asking for favours of any kind, from money to pushing their demos to the label or have their bands open for them. So if the guy expected something from Axl (because he thought Axl owed him) and didn't get it, maybe it explains the bitterness to an extent.

The bolded is  a good point and probably one of the most likely scenarios that happened. Some little "fag" from Indiana fucking his girlfriend would wound the pride of a guy like that and then that same guy also actually making it big in the business while he himself never amounted to anything... I could see that being enough to piss off a guy who tends to hold grudges. Though it's still baffling to me anyone would hold grudges for three decades. But then again, I never could understand Axl's and Slash's drama either on a personal/emotional level and always thought they were being ridiculous.

Jagosz asking for favors of Axl is a good guess too. I also agree about Jagosz' impression of Axl being very different from what other people (like Chris Weber) at the time have said about him. They tend to describe him as a nice, shy and soft-spoken guy who wasn't doing hard drugs iirc.

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

A note on Rocket Queen lyrics and Alan Niven, since it's brought up:

It is known that Axl played with perspectives and that, according to himself, the first part is from Barbi's POV and the second from his own.

So the "speaker" in the main part is Barbi, a female character; and the chorus is from the same perspective (it makes more sense anyway) and it's actually "here I am, (I'm) your Rocket Queen", but because it would sound weird coming from a guy's mouth (let alone the misunderstanding that it'd cause), he played with the similar sound of "and you're a Rocket Queen".

I've always found the roles in the song interesting: Barbi, the woman in the song, is the wild one, and Axl, the guy in the song, is the sweet one.

Now, if and how much Axl, as the person who wrote the lyrics, identifies with the female character he impersonates, is open to speculation... (probably Alan Niven found it odd that a guy wrote a song from the perspective of a woman).

I was aware of the different POVs used, but I do agree the roles in the song are interesting.

Who knows, maybe Alan Niven (who is most likely aware of the different POVs as well) has trouble separating Axl from the lyrics of the song because he's singing it (and Niven may or may not know certain things about Axl which tend to fit with the "Barbi" POV bits), which might have contributed to his weird comments in that interview.

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Marc Canter's account, from his book:

Axl and I went down to the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Department to bail Slash out. By the time we arrived, Slash had already been shipped off to the L.A. County jail. So we headed downtown. On the way we picked up some Tommyburgers and listened to the demos. When we arrived at the jail to post Slash’s $178 bail, one of the officers noticed the medallion in the shape of a tiny gun hanging around Axl’s neck. Evidently alarmed at the threat posed by Axl’s necklace, the officer threw him up against the wall and frisked him. Finding no additional threatening objects, he let Axl go, and we went back to my car and waited about five hours for Slash to be released.

I don't know what value $178 had in the mid 80s, but it doesn't seem to me like a large sum of money. I suppose it wasn't so difficult for Axl and Marc to do some kind of fundraising among their friends/people they knew and collect that bail money.

I think both scenarios are possible, ie. Niven talking out of his arse (either to indirectly diss Axl or to defend him) or having something more specific in mind  he'd heard from Izzy or someone else, but I'm inclined to believe it's the former.

I regards to people Axl might have talked to/shared things like that with (if these stories are true of course, which we have no proof for): Pamela Manning has said that Axl had opened to her about things and that he has secrets the public doesn't know. These "secrets" could either have to do with his family (for example Tom Zutaut's story about his stepfather) or stories like the one we're now discussing. I somehow see Axl feeling more comfortable to share this kind of secrets with a woman like Pamela than with a guy friend.

Okay, $178 doesn't seem that much. I always imagined it was more.

According to online calculators, $178 back then would equal around $400 today (or slightly more, depending on the year and calculator you use).

Which is a more significant amount, but still not necessarily something that would have given Axl no other choice than to sell himself. As you said, it seems doable to scrounge up that kind of money by fundraising, stealing from strippers' purses etc.

Good point about about Pamela Manning, I had completely forgotten she'd said that.

I agree that the "secrets" Axl told her about are likely the kind of thing you are suggesting- either Tom Zutaut type events or the kind of thing we're discussing now.

Though both of these things (assuming for a moment they're both true) might actually be connected; iirc there's a much higher incidence of people who have suffered sexual abuse in their childhoods or other points in their life among people who engange in prostitution than in the general population. One often sets the course for the other, unfortunately.

(About Axl feeling more comfortable sharing this kind of thing with a woman rather than a guy friend... It depends, I guess. Back when I was a kid and some guy tried to molest me, I first told my dad and my best buddy at the time. Even young as I was back then, telling my mom or sisters somehow felt more awkward to me. Something to do with not wanting to look like less of man in front of a woman probably, I don't know. Though in Axl's case, and given the super-macho and sexist environment he was in at the time, I could see it being easier to talk to a woman. Less judgement there most likely and possibly also a lot of understanding from personal experience.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frey said:

And he was widely called out and criticized for the OIAM lyrics or the forum rant too (rightly so). GITR lyrics are just juvenile and ridiculous, same as fuckhead.

But anyway, using vulgar language and a string of insults like Jagosz did here will automatically disqualify an opinion in many people's eyes (same goes for Axl when he does that). Personally, it doesn't necessarily make me disregard his words, because people often speak the truth in their anger. Also the way he says some things make me think there is some truth to what he says. The bit about Axl staying with his famiy "for over six months" for example. It's unlikely to me someone would come up with a concrete time frame like that on the spot when making up a lie.

I didn't mean to say that one is right and the other wrong. I was just trying to balance things out and say that to me, they are cut from the same cloth when it comes to talking like an asshole. I don't see the difference and I dont get offended or scandalized about the things Jagosz said.... I mean, yeah, they do sound harsh but that's what you get from guys like that (Axl included).

1 hour ago, Frey said:

The bolded is  a good point and probably one of the most likely scenarios that happened. Some little "fag" from Indiana fucking his girlfriend would wound the pride of a guy like that and then that same guy also actually making it big in the business while he himself never amounted to anything... I could see that being enough to piss off a guy who tends to hold grudges. Though it's still baffling to me anyone would hold grudges for three decades. But then again, I never could understand Axl's and Slash's drama either on a personal/emotional level and always thought they were being ridiculous.

From my experience and observation, I have always felt that accussing people of jealousy always came from an immature place, that's why I hardly say that as a response to negative comments because it is so hard to prove.

There is like a common idea that lots of people are jealous or want things the others have and I'm not sure that's always the case. Also, it is often women who accuse other women of being jealous. Dont want to sound bad or misinterpreted but it feels this whole "jealousy" thing is a female flaw.

What do you say? Are there a lot of jealous guys out there?

Edited by killuridols

On 29. 6. 2017 at 0:25 AM, purplestargirl said:

I was thinking Stephanie Seymour as well. I was kidding about it being about Slash. I don't Axl would write love songs about his guitarist.

Of course it's about SS. Axl wrote TIL in 1992 in Paris, when they had a crisis ;)

2 hours ago, Ota said:

Of course it's about SS. Axl wrote TIL in 1992 in Paris, when they had a crisis ;)

Wasn't it in Paris that Axl was in hospital, not being able to speak and being very depressed? I think it was discussed in the WT before. We assumed (or hat hints of) that it was related to Stefanie cheating on him or something? So this is when he wrote TIL, interesting to know.

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Wasn't it in Paris that Axl was in hospital, not being able to speak and being very depressed? I think it was discussed in the WT before. We assumed (or hat hints of) that it was related to Stefanie cheating on him or something? So this is when he wrote TIL, interesting to know.

Again,  I have no Idea about this

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

No one knows anything for certain about any of this. 

People giving dates and treating them as facts are just bullshitting. I think @Blackstar has a better memory than all of us here and she could help a little more with dates. Axl spoke about TIL only once but I don't think he said anything concrete. I don't remember for which magazine or the year, just remember I read about it in the 90's.

Buenos dias!

I didn't know that Axl has depression in Paris in 92...was after de show in Vincennes? or before?

Appetite 30th Anniversary is in full.....I just can't believe that they are going to celebrate without Izzy and Steven (unless some surprise ....but I doubt)...it is truly an exceptional opportunity for all of the 5 guys that made that magnificent album.....

Some words about the album:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/appetite-for-destructions-30th-anniversary-how-guns-n-roses-transformed-the-sunset-strip-8437455

Duff will be of the GNR radio today with a punk show:

And Eddie Trunk will be at the Apollo, maybe....just maybe we will hear an interview:

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 2

Thank you @Blackstar!! I knew you had it all figured out, lol :lol:

Yes, I only remembered the Hit Parader interview. However, there seems to be an issue with dates and quotes.

The first quote you posted says that it is from July 1993. But at Jarmo's website he has this same interview dated as from April 2005 (which I think it is just a mistake). The second quote you posted as from Raw Magazine, seems to be taken from the same Hit Parader interview.

Here I paste the whole question and answer:

What lies ahead for you and the band?
AXL: Slash as been working on a lot of things, working on a lot of riffs with the band. I’ve just been working on where my head’s at on things so I can approach the next record in a way that lets me go to farther extremes. If I’m going to express anger, I want to take that farther, and if I’m expressing happiness and joy I want to take that farther too. We really haven’t really sat down to collaborate on songs yet. I wrote and recorded a new love song that I want on the next record called This I Love, that’s the heaviest thing that I’ve ever done. Other than that, we’re not even sure how we’re gonna approach writing for this next album. Last time Slash would write his songs, I would write mine and Izzy would write his, and then we’d put ‘em all together. Well, this time there’s no Izzy, and Slash isn’t writing just his songs – it’s gonna be more of a collaboration thing. We don’t know if we’re gonna be writing with Gilby or somebody else. We know we want to play with Gilby, but we’re not sure about the writing.

When you read the interview, Axl talks about "coming back on the road to America in February (...) and we're calling this 'Skin n' Bones (...)", so that makes me think this interview took place some time in 1992.

Either way, I think TIL is about Erin and not Stephanie IF the version he recorded in 1992 (or 1993) is still the same he kept for 'Chinese Democracy', because it doesn't make sense to me that he wrote a song with such lyrics when he was still dating Stephanie (despite the cheating and all that, they didn't break up in Paris 1992).

Even more so, in that same Hit Parader interview where he mentions having written and recorded TIL, he says this:

HP: What’s the first thing you’re gonna do when you have some free time?
AXL: I don’t remember what free time is. I just bought a skate board, and I was thinking of getting back into that. I can do that then because if I break my arm, I won’t have to miss any tour dates because I won’t be on tour anymore! I bought a new house, so I guess I’ll try to set that up and get some stability in my life. I’ll be happy doing some domestic things. Stephanie and I have worked very hard to try and have a personal life, but it’s not easy. We’ve tried to stay in touch as much as possible, but our lives are such fast-moving things. Five months for us, are like five years for most people.

:shrugs:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 3