GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

Lol. Yes, I can see Slash arm at the table and them kids playing with the little dinosaurs that are wearing knitted sweaters! :lol:

The rocking dinosaur looks to be placed at the entrance of the big room :ph34r:

Another of her IG posts showed her playing with the dinosaurs to a song...it's pretty adorable.

14 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He was wearing that jumper when he boarded the plane from Israel and he is still wearing it! I bet we know what pair of jeans he has on even though we can't see... it'll be the light blue ripped ones. 

He only has the two pairs of jeans in the last year and a half.

What a scruff bag. 

He looks tired, exhausted. Needs a longer break between shows.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Axl said he stopped cutting himself and started destroying other stuff instead, my friend started drinking, smoking and doing drugs when she stopped (which was already pretty wild to me, considering she was a very innocent "good girl" type in high school, comes from a well-off family of academics, etc.)

I'm sorry for your dear friend Lumikki...I hope the best for her...

I'm so sorry for ask...but Axl said that he cut himself? wow! This comment really shock me...it's clearly a signal of a very troubled mind :no:

killuridols....have a lot of fun!!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Lol! Axl with a metal detector - there's a german word "Kopfkino" that is something like "head cinema" which is exactly what I'm having right now. Great slapstick comedy :facepalm::rofl-lol:

Anyway, found this '87 article about a Marquee gig on tumblr, don't remember if it has been shared here. I found it funny, the author didn't really like them but his descriptions are hilarious.tumblr_or873214yT1t040y2o1_540.jpg

The same journalist reviewing the Greatest Hits album in 2005:

This shit still sounds hot today...

The last thing I loved about Guns N’ Roses was their music. On the contrary, I gave their UK debut at the old Marquee a right slagging back in June ”87; said they were silly, dumb throwbacks.
As a consequence, I received a phone call from the singer, Axl Rose. He said the band were on the way to the airport in a cab and he wondered if I’d be in the office so they could swing right by and FUCKING SORT ME OUT!! Needless to say, I had a pressing engagement elsewhere but I had to admire their balls.

http://www.nme.com/reviews/album/reviews-nme-7348

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The same journalist reviewing the Greatest Hits album in 2005:

This shit still sounds hot today...

The last thing I loved about Guns N’ Roses was their music. On the contrary, I gave their UK debut at the old Marquee a right slagging back in June ”87; said they were silly, dumb throwbacks.
As a consequence, I received a phone call from the singer, Axl Rose. He said the band were on the way to the airport in a cab and he wondered if I’d be in the office so they could swing right by and FUCKING SORT ME OUT!! Needless to say, I had a pressing engagement elsewhere but I had to admire their balls.

http://www.nme.com/reviews/album/reviews-nme-7348

BAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl-lol: This is Axl for you! Always up for talking things through and dealing with conflicts verbally. :D

Somehow I do like the author though. I can feel the huge grin behind those lines, at least in 2005. :awesomeface:

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

BAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl-lol: This is Axl for you! Always up for talking things through and dealing with conflicts verbally. :D

Somehow I do like the author though. I can feel the huge grin behind those lines, at least in 2005. :awesomeface:

Yeah, I like his British sense of humour too :lol:

He changed his mind about GnR though.:P

16 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There was a fanzine in the UK called Nightrain and it was issued every two or three months, it ran from 1999 - 2006. 

I loved it because I didn't have any internet  until about 2003 and the only other thing to get really was Kerrang, Classic Rock was quite expensive to me and NME and Mojo were just for the indie kids.  

I can remember being desperate to find out any information about RIR 2001 and was a bit disappointed with Kerrangs review of it because it focused a lot on Axl's looks, as I recall they had nearly half a page about a doctor who said he had had a very painful hair transplant, a lot more about his weight and even more about his "Ozzy Osbourne appearance" :lol:

So to have that little fanzine that had reviews in it from people who were actually there was amazing. 

IMG_4610.JPG.34326260590069fca32f736a40433acc.JPG

IMG_4609.JPG.f05586d3d5aba8db39118017ad00e26e.JPG

They also kept up to date with what the other AFD5 members were doing, which was great because Kerrang didn't. 

Maybe We can make online Fanzines about Axl's current fashion *especially boots N' Hats* also about Axl's ass:smiley-confused2:

13 hours ago, Andy14 said:

The ass can't wait :ph34r:

x6jRbgq.gif

Dat ass is cute

Somebody have Lulubleu IG story of Dino rockingsaurus? 

12 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I don't remember if I've ever mentioned this here before, but I went through this with one of my friends from high school....

I am sorry for your friend and hope she is/will be able to get out of this. 

I would pick up the feeling of being "damaged goods". It may come from bad treating/experience (as you said - abuse or trauma and this stuff). Other interesting thing to consider is being the misfit which may even come first or have strong influence (I`ll repeat myself, that if you are different, you know it since ever. The thing is how lucky you are about people you meet and how you learn to cope with your different approach, because even they tell you to be "normal", you cannot, like they cannot be weirdos of your caliber).

Talking about two young people I met (Call them BabyAxl and Unicorn Lady), they were both from well-of families, good in school, both incredibly smart and sensitive. Both dealing with being misfits, then drugs, BabyAxl after chain of suicidal efforts, Unicorn Lady cutting herself so she looked like she recently ran naked through rosehip bush. Although having long "late night talks" with them, I`d rather try to build some self-respect in them people than ask them to confess nasty details of their past life. If they speak, I listen, but not ask. I just then heard shreds of stories that Unicorn Lady lost her virginity as a minor to a guy who left her soon afterwards and then the spiral of already existing inability to find people to fit in (that girl was seen brilliant by leaders, but was too different from others in her age and was not much into their stuff), lower and lower self-respect, drugs, I-don`t-ask-what but with her experience with sex I wouldn`t be surprised if she did these things for some advantage afterwards. Other thing is that with so low self-respect she attracted abusive people and other junkies and existences on downward spiral. She spoke about cutting, that she always did it in some kind of lunacy to comfort herself (heard this also from other people cutting themselves). Basically it has something with two things: if you are truly low, you often don`t just don`t feel anything, they say that`s like being dead, vacuum, maybe rational buzzing and overthinking all over that vacuum in feelings. If you hurt yourself, you feel pain. It`s at least something. Pain makes you perceive your body (like sushi-roll blanket comforting technique, just much more brutal, because the pathway for touch and pain is the same, just differs in intensity), additionally you get endorphines (opiates) that brain produces to cope with pain and injury. Here you are, drugged by your own body. (Or you can undergo pain to express your feeling. Pain is enigmatic beast). 

BabyAxl was young, ginger-blond copy of Axl, incredibly androgynous with that special charm of androgynous guys (mastering this thing without knowing it or being pansy, which makes men confused when they both feel attracted and disgusted by that they feel attracted to someone who is actually a man (and they can "solve" this by becoming violent like Lafayette policemen)). Also a misfit, too smart, too sensitive for hillbillies he came from, and never found people to fit in when growing up. He said that when he got drunk and drugged, the abyss somehow disappeared, with junkies becoming his only friends (but in one sentence admitting that the drug friend are not actual friends). Doing drugs to numb pain sometimes so intense he wanted to rip his guts away. Feeling like a sh*t for being junkie. He was also confused with feeling strongly feminine, "reject", "damaged goods" anyway, feeling so unworthy that in one moment he wanted to pass to make a place for others (and cut himself in attempt to kill himself). Maybe if you can`t find near ones who accept you as you are and unconditionally take care and protect you when you grow up, you somehow lost your hope in ability to make unconditioned relationships. For weirdos is additionally crucial to find someone else "from their planet" to relate to.

When you meet these people, they are usually gave to their fate and somehow expect that they will be treated like a sh*t anyway - and accept this position. (It`s for me sad to say, but in the system I work, if you are suicidal or junkie or stuff like this without having established psychiatric diagnosis, you will be treated like an unworthy sh*t by way too many staff) One of the nicest, heart-warming moments is when you start to treat them like human beings, because one of the most difficult things for them to accept is that they are human beings worthy some unconditioned attention and love and when they get this, they respond kindlier and more appreciative than common people - and are surprisingly gentle and polite. Basically that`s all I can do for them, to help them find some self-respect to build solid ground in their rock bottom to rebound, because no one else can heal your soul

• Like 1

Hello.

Things are very hot in the Apollo Thread...by tonight I predict a lot of people banned.

But....things like this makes me a little mad:

Why this woman congratulate Dizzy, Richard, Frank and Melissa????:facepalm:

I left a message telling her about that...by the way she says that Izzy and Steven will not be there

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Why this woman congratulate Dizzy, Richard, Frank and Melissa????:facepalm:

I left a message telling her about that...by the way she says that Izzy and Steven will not be there

Because she's clueless AF :facepalm:

Where did she say Steven and Izzy won't be there?

Is in her answers. You know what bothers me most? That people are fawning towards her....I hate that...I know she care about Axl...but I truly believe she must stay away of GNR bussiness

An interview with Tom Zutaut:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/tom-zutaut-guns-n-roses-aandr-man-talks-about-the-making-of-appetite-for-destruction-8425626

Very good in my opinion.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Is in her answers. You know what bothers me most? That people are fawning towards her....I hate that...I know she care about Axl...but I truly believe she must stay away of GNR bussiness

I really hate that too, it really fucking pisses me off to be honest. They suck hp to her and talk to her like she is some saintly higher being or something and everything is wonderful and thank you thank you for looking after Axl :vomit:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I really hate that too, it really fucking pisses me off to be honest. They suck hp to her and talk to her like she is some saintly higher being or something and everything is wonderful and thank you thank you for looking after Axl :vomit:

The majority of idiots doing that are either the Brazilian fans or the new ones that have no clue of shit at all.

The real fans from the ancient times KNOW Team Brazil has NO bearing in GNR success and in some ways, I'm very glad that we can say that! So we are lucky in certain ways they can't claim anything on the success of AFD and not even the Illusions. This is why they hate some of the people that indeed were around in the 80s and also know the truth of it all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Agree ?

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

The majority of idiots doing that are either the Brazilian fans or the new ones that have no clue of shit at all.

The real fans from the ancient times KNOW Team Brazil has NO bearing in GNR success and in some ways, I'm very glad that we can say that! So we are lucky in certain ways they can't claim anything on the success of AFD and not even the Illusions. This is why they hate some of the people that indeed were around in the 80s and also know the truth of it all.

Its just so surreal to read her profile page and the things some Axl fans put on there, it really creeps me out. They talk about him like he is this beautiful person that never does anything wrong, it sounds petty as I write it in here, but I just can't read too much of it because I'm all the time thinking WTF?! :lol: 

EDIT: I take it back, she is getting a load of shit from fans right now!! 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders