GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

5 minutes ago, lucie said:

i read on here a while back, when there was drama surrounding one of the kids and Instagram, slashs girlfriend made her private account public, right in the middle of the drama.....why do that if you don't want drama yourself.  And if she is engaging with these people then that would definitely add fuel to the fire.  Just put your stuff on private and ignore any idiots (except the threats of course) and go about your business.  I totally get that it's not nice to have strangers giving you shit and it's really pathetic for anyone to be harassing anyone else but unfortunately things like Instagram make it possible for everyone to communicate their feelings directly at someone from behind a computer.  You can't have it both ways though, if you want to put your shit out there you have to expect some people wont like it and not everyone is going to fawn over you and tell you how wonderful you are (which is just as fucking creepy as far as i'm concerned).

Clearly the people surrounding these stars/famous people/musicians enjoy the notoriety they get just from being a friend or partner of the famous person and use it to their advantage, but internet spats are never a good look and everyone ends up looking stupid. 

It can be entertaining to watch though, but everyone involved just comes across as silly high schoolers.

This sounds like when a woman is raped by some asshole and everybody jumps on her because it must be HER fault that the aggressor was turned on by her short skirt or because she dared to went walking the streets alone at night :facepalm:

I mean, why do people have to lock themselves behind bars and other privacy stuff only because there are sick people out there who cannot handle their obsessions? :shrugs:

Fuck that! Meegan should be free to have her account open and post whatever the hell she wants and the nuts who don't like her should shut the fuck up and get a life instead of living a vicarious life.

I don't think she expects people to like her and adore her. She expects a minimum of respect and that's what she deserves. That's what WE ALL deserve.

In this sick logic, the good people has to keep themselves protected and locked in a cage, while the loonies must be allowed to violate rights, break the law and do whatever they want just because they can??

COME ON!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lucie said:

i read on here a while back, when there was drama surrounding one of the kids and Instagram, slashs girlfriend made her private account public, right in the middle of the drama.....why do that if you don't want drama yourself.  And if she is engaging with these people then that would definitely add fuel to the fire.  Just put your stuff on private and ignore any idiots (except the threats of course) and go about your business.  I totally get that it's not nice to have strangers giving you shit and it's really pathetic for anyone to be harassing anyone else but unfortunately things like Instagram make it possible for everyone to communicate their feelings directly at someone from behind a computer.  You can't have it both ways though, if you want to put your shit out there you have to expect some people wont like it and not everyone is going to fawn over you and tell you how wonderful you are (which is just as fucking creepy as far as i'm concerned).

Clearly the people surrounding these stars/famous people/musicians enjoy the notoriety they get just from being a friend or partner of the famous person and use it to their advantage, but internet spats are never a good look and everyone ends up looking stupid. 

It can be entertaining to watch though, but everyone involved just comes across as silly high schoolers.

I read it myself but only because a discussion was going on in here about it and I didn't want to get lost in said discussion. Far as I'm concerned, if people start talking shit about you and it gets bad like to the point of death threats being made, you report the death threats and promptly block the person so that they don't see your posts anymore. It's that simple. There is no need to engage in drama as it generally blows up. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This sounds like when a woman is raped by some asshole and everybody jumps on her because it must be HER fault that the aggressor was turned on by her short skirt or because she dared to went walking the streets alone at night :facepalm:

I mean, why do people have to lock themselves behind bars and other privacy stuff only because there are sick people out there who cannot handle their obsessions? :shrugs:

Fuck that! Meegan should be free to have her account open and post whatever the hell she wants and the nuts who don't like her should shut the fuck up and get a life instead of living a vicarious life.

I don't think she expects people to like her and adore her. She expects a minimum of respect and that's what she deserves. That's what WE ALL deserve.

In this sick logic, the good people has to keep themselves protected and locked in a cage, while the loonies must be allowed to violate rights, break the law and do whatever they want just because they can??

COME ON!

Oh for Gods sake are you serious.  I get that you don't like me but this is about as far reaching as ive ever seen.

3 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I read it myself but only because a discussion was going on in here about it and I didn't want to get lost in said discussion. Far as I'm concerned, if people start talking shit about you and it gets bad like to the point of death threats being made, you report the death threats and promptly block the person so that they don't see your posts anymore. It's that simple. There is no need to engage in drama as it generally blows up. Just my thoughts.

I've only really read about it on these pages, but i agree, don't engage and be selective about who you share your shit with.  I'm sure the other members have their issues too but this is the issue that keeps popping up.

7 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

The problem is the current laws protect the people making the threats. There is literally nothing she can do about it unless they start harassing her offline.

But by engaging with them, she is doing exactly what these people want. They get pleasure out of her reaction. If she would stop reacting they would most likely stop and move on.

Social media (especially Instagram) is a cesspool for trolls and until the laws change you have to learn to ignore them or make your page private. As shitty as it is, that's just the reality right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lucie said:

I've only really read about it on these pages, but i agree, don't engage and be selective about who you share your shit with.  I'm sure the other members have their issues too but this is the issue that keeps popping up.

I never said not to be selective, only to block people when the harassment starts to get bad so you're not getting harassed. I actually like the fact that her account is public because she posts interesting things.

59 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

The problem is the current laws protect the people making the threats. There is literally nothing she can do about it unless they start harassing her offline.

But by engaging with them, she is doing exactly what these people want. They get pleasure out of her reaction. If she would stop reacting they would most likely stop and move on.

Social media (especially Instagram) is a cesspool for trolls and until the laws change you have to learn to ignore them or make your page private. As shitty as it is, that's just the reality right now.

That's fucked up (excuse my language). The laws should be protecting those who are getting the threats, not the other way around.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lucie said:

slashs girlfriend made her private account public, right in the middle of the drama.....why do that if you don't want drama yourself.  And if she is engaging with these people then that would definitely add fuel to the fire

Do you not think she did that for a reason? proof maybe? links to perla maybe? Perhaps she was advised to make her account public again? These are not just regular trolls but have made serious threats to Meegan and her close family and friends.

On another note, did anyone see the comments on the picture of Slash and Meegan cuddling each other yesterday? It was in regards to the ring that was on Meegan's left ring finger. People were congratulating them on getting engaged and asking if it was in fact an engagement ring. I'd like to know why people assume if you're wearing a ring on that finger, you're automatically engaged. I've seen couples do that but they're still boyfriend/girlfriend and not fiance/es. *Shrug*

I apologize in advance if I come off as rude here, not my intention and I'm just curious.

If Slash and Meegan did get engaged, congrats to them. :) 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I agree. Death threats are a serious harassment and should be brought to court. I understand that laws are inadequate about dealing with shit happening in the digital sphere but I doubt that personal (non-)mentions and taking up the insult and dealing with it helps. It will just get the stalker psychologically more entangled with it all. That's armchair philiosophy there but anyway.

I do understand that it must be immensely stressful for every parent to have your kids been insulted and/or threatend by those kind of stalkers and I get that it is only human to loose it over that.  

Yes, very good point here and I didn't think of it from that way. In a way I suppose they are getting the reaction they want. 

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Do you not think she did that for a reason? proof maybe? links to perla maybe? Perhaps she was advised to make her account public again? These are not just regular trolls but have made serious threats to Meegan and her close family and friends.

I assumed she did that because her account was verified and she had had problems with people making fake accounts of herself. 

Do you have to get verified if that's what people do to you?

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Isn't she trying to become a photographer? That could be why her page is public now. So she can use it to get her work out there.

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I assumed she did that because her account was verified and she had had problems with people making fake accounts of herself. 

Do you have to get verified if that's what people do to you?

Getting verified has certainly helped with the fake accounts [most of them by the same person!]

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Isn't she trying to become a photographer? That could be why her page is public now. So she can use it to get her work out there.

I thought that was just a hobby but you could be right.

• Like 1

Okay, what I actually wanted to comment on before all this Instagram drama came up...

On 23.7.2017 at 4:31 PM, Andy14 said:

Omg, Frey. How long have you been the chairman of this thread? How come it hasn't even crossed your mind that the huge framed naked Axl with a skull is the ideal present for Slash's birthday :max:. Naked gingers with skulls are practically all over Slash's Instagram <_<.

:rofl-lol:

You are right. I failed. How could I not realize that?

I humbly apologize for not seeing the Slaxl potential in this situation.

:bitchfight:

Anyway @Andy14 , Slash's facebook post was genius. Love your sense of humor. I can't wait to see the next ones.

22 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

All these happy birthdays to Slash and not one from Axl. Can't say I'm not surprised.

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

The one who doesn't tweet :ph34r:

Axl decided to wish Slash a happy birthday in a more private manner.

Feel free to interpret that however you want. :ph34r:

On 23.7.2017 at 5:29 PM, killuridols said:

Regarding Axl's babysitters.... yeah, I guess this has been going on his entire life but it has to do with the fact that he became a jewel for the industry when he was young and for thaf reason they wanted to keep him safe (especially during those years when he had the spark and looked like he was still productive).

After the UYI tour was over all his plans went to hell. His plan was marrying Stephanie and start a family with her. Settle down for a couple years and then go back to the studio. But none of that happened and from that year on, it is like a mountain of shit imploded on him.

So he's probably right when he says Beta saved him because he was on the verge of suicide many times and the only people he had around were TB.

The problem I see here is that once the storm passed, Axl was not able to rebuild himself and become independent for good. I think the right moment was when he turned 35 or even 40..but instead, he went into more shit, changing his appearance, wanting to replace the whole band and all the rest we know very well.

So, what @Tori72 says is not crazy either.... We cant blame TB for all he's done bad. It was on his hands to change his life and he couldnt. What TB might have done wrong is not encouraging him to seek the peace with Slash and Duff earlier... giving into every tantrum, obsession and bad behavior he indulged in... but not even in these cases I can say to which extent it is their fault.

Axl is a very difficult guy and its impossible to know for us which is the reason for his loneliness.

I dont see a nice future for Axl in the situation he is right now, unless he gets a family of his own, his years ahead will be very lonely. The good part is that he has money and can pay people to take care of him (lots of people cant do this) but then again, you cant buy love and old age is very hard when you dont have people who truly love you.

I really hope the TB's children grow to love him and maybe there there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Thats all I can think of.

I basically agree with most of what you wrote and I'm not saying it's all on TB (Axl is not completely without agency after all), I just have a rather "no use in crying over spilt milk" mindset when looking at stuff like this. What's done is done now and the past can't be changed, so the focus should be on improving his current situation and his future (and no matter how much he may or may not have screwed up in the past, I do think Axl is an acceptable human being deserving of compassion for the most part). But like I said earlier, no one here can really do anything, so the future looks bleak. Unless someone else intervenes. Prayer circle for Izzy, Duff or Slash to get involved? :shrugs:

12 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I saw that too and my first thought was "oh great, what's ginger nuts done now!!"

Then I saw the whole Instagram bullshit with Perla and I don't think it has anything to do with Axl..... it's all about SpankyHankyHudson!! 

I do agree it wasn't a nice thing to do with posting the definitions of mental health issues, especially when they have a guy in the band like Axl and they have been posting sadness about Chester :shrugs:

So you do think Spanky is in fact Perla then?

14 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

I'm not sure if I can post links to that on here. 

You can post links to fanfiction or discuss it as far as I'm concerned. It's been done before (several times) and it will happen again.

Just in case you were worried about freaking me out or something lol.

When it comes to this thread, "I've seen everything imaginable pass before these eyes" :lol: Nothing shocks me anymore lol. And I do find these types of things (fanart, fanfiction, etc.) kind of fascinating in a way.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Axl decided to wish Slash a happy birthday in a more private manner.

Feel free to interpret that however you want. :ph34r:

Hehe...I will gladly do that. You got insider knowledge on that, Frey? :max:

It's quite possible Axl did in fact wish Slash a happy birthday, he just didn't make it public...just like last year with the whole candy-in-the-guitar-case scenerio. He could of given him a birthday card or called/texted him.

Is it just me or does Meegan's facial expression in lots of pics of her and Slash seem kinda weird? Like, triumphant or possibly even gloating??

Just something that struck me, I don't have any opinions on Meegan apart from that if she makes Slash happy that's got to be good.

21 minutes ago, Mary Cochrane said:

So why cant Meegan just report and block these people? Wouldnt it stop them from commenting on her posts and ending a connection to make the drama worse? 

She's already done that and also asked her follower to report all the trolls. But those people keep making new accounts all the time. It's like impossible to get rid of them.

And for example, the crazy woman @Frey mentions, she has her own profile private but she uses it to post shit about Meegan to her own followers so it's like a chain you can never break :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Is it just me or does Meegan's facial expression in lots of pics of her and Slash seem kinda weird? Like, triumphant or possibly even gloating??

Just something that struck me, I don't have any opinions on Meegan apart from that if she makes Slash happy that's got to be good.

I think she's just really happy and in love. And honestly, I'd be gloating/looking triumphant too if I was with someone like Slash. 

Also, your username gets "Welcome To The Jungle" stuck in my head everytime I see it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mary Cochrane said:

So why cant Meegan just report and block these people? Wouldnt it stop them from commenting on her posts and ending a connection to make the drama worse? 

No, you can block people but nothing stops them from making multiple accounts or just logging out of their account to view your profile. Her best option would be to use filtered keywords. If she has over 5k followers she should have access to that feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

No, you can block people but nothing stops them from making multiple accounts or just logging out of their account to view your profile. Her best option would be to use filtered keywords. If she has over 5k followers she should have access to that feature.

She has over 21k followers so she most likely does.

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry, did we see this pic already? That's. It Axl, is it?! His biological dad?

It looks like it was taken in the 1970's and I'm fairly certain it's not Axl. Rose Sr was 20 when Axl was born in 1962 so I have doubts it's him but this guy sure resembles Axl a bit.

Edited by purplestargirl