GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Frey said:

She's not lying about being the girl in the WTTJ video.

Iirc, Steven talks about Julianna in his book or in one of his interviews. I remember him saying something about dating a hot girl named Julianna at the time that he suggested should appear in the video.

I dunno because her face looks a far cry from the woman in the video. They look like two different people.

16 minutes ago, Asia said:

Also let's remember what Slash wrote in his book was written through bitterness and anger after the split. Although I believe Axl's attack on the Stump idiot might get him pissed at some point, he also did defend Axl quite fiercely at that time. There's an interview in You Tube where he bashes the stump guy really hard and says some nice things about Axl - that Axl is doing everything he can, that he's playing it cool and letting things go just to end it and continue with the tour but that guy is just trying his best to make problems and that basically, as he put it, the guy is the thorn in Axl's side and he sounds pretty honest and emotionally engaged saying that, it doesn't sound like band politics at all. He also says that he just talked or talks with Axl about it every day, something like that. It really doesn't sound like he's pissed or holds it against Axl as much as he later claimed he did.

In his book he mentions the incident and that Stump comes to him bragging and saying bad things about Axl, Slash didn't like and say that no one, NO ONE has the right to badmouth Axl, just him..jaja...I thought at that time that it was really a strong bond between those two.....

9 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

In his book he mentions the incident and that Stump comes to him bragging and saying bad things about Axl, Slash didn't like and say that no one, NO ONE has the right to badmouth Axl, just him..jaja...I thought at that time that it was really a strong bond between those two.....

Didn't he say this to Scott Weiland?? :question:

Edited by killuridols

29 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Negatively seductive...what, I wonder, does he mean by that?  I guess it must be a sort of reference to the fact Axl can't easily wash his hands of Slash because he's in awe of Slash's talent?  Which makes him irreplaceable?  

Yes I wonder what's it means that...

Slash is irreplaceable....how many guitarrist Axl's tried? 5 or 6? 

@killuridols I will look for the quote...You give me homework!

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

Slash enjoyed the excitement and a bit of chaos at the shows, so it's not strange that he thought it was cool when Axl jumped into the crowd. Axl had done it before anyway, it wasn't completely something out of the "ordinary", lol. They just continued jamming, expecting the show to go on when Axl would be back up. And it would have gone on if Axl hadn't left the stage (which was what caused the riot and not the diving into the crowd). The only one who couldn't take this behaviour anymore was Izzy, because he was sober now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Asia said:

Also let's remember what Slash wrote in his book was written through bitterness and anger after the split. Although I believe Axl's attack on the Stump idiot might get him pissed at some point, he also did defend Axl quite fiercely at that time. There's an interview in You Tube where he bashes the stump guy really hard and says some nice things about Axl - that Axl is doing everything he can, that he's playing it cool and letting things go just to end it and continue with the tour but that guy is just trying his best to make problems and that basically, as he put it, the guy is the thorn in Axl's side and he sounds pretty honest and emotionally engaged saying that, it doesn't sound like band politics at all. He also says that he just talked or talks with Axl about it every day, something like that. It really doesn't sound like he's pissed or holds it against Axl as much as he later claimed he did.

It's a good place for the little collection of quotes I once gathered for the sake of some other discussion on this forum :lol:

"Axl, it is said, is a notoriously difficult character to deal with. How do the two of you get along as people, outside the band?" "We love each other" [slash in "The Most Dangerous Band in the World by Mick Wall, 1988]

INTERVIEW: Do you think that having a relationship with a band has to do with the same things as having a relationship with a person?

AXL: Yes, l think so. Especially with Slash and it's definitely a marriage. (Interview Magazine, May, 1992)

Slash on the process of writing with Axl (Calling Howard Stern in 1996):

It's a matter of sitting down with somebody you love very much and like going 'you know let's try this' and he goes 'yeah, it's a great idea'

Me and Axl and Duff are obviously way the fuck more close and personal than they can even possibly put out in some magazine. (Coiled and Ready

Rolling Stone, April 1995)

Slash on splitting with Axl and divorce: In retrospect, it’s kind of interesting that I suddenly had disconnected with the two most long-term, closest relationships I had had up to that point, just a matter of months apart. (....)

(Anthony Bozza – Slash).

(...)There were moments there when I loved him to death

(Anthony Bozza – Slash)

[…]The bottom line is that nothing can come between Slash and I, and as long as we have that bond we have Guns N’ Roses. (Hit Parader Axl Rose Interview, 1992)

We'll just sit up all night and talk, and it's me and Axl talking. It goes beyond anything you could write down… (Slash, Tears Before Bedtime, Q, July 1991)

Thanks so much for these quotes.  Some I knew of, most I didn't, so that was really nice to read.  On the subject of Slash's autobiography, actually, I didn't detect much, if any, underlying bitterness or loathing, but's that just me.  More like he was royally pissed off with Axl, which is totally understandable (I will never, for the life of me, understand the lateness to shows...it is inexcusable and Axl's reason for it, just idiotic).  But yeah, I actually thought Slash's respect and admiration, in spite of all the shit that went down, came through the writing all the same.  He did say he bore Axl 'No ill will' and many times seemed to defend him.  

Incidentally, on YT there's an interview with Slash on Howard Stern in about 91, where Howard is badmouthing Axl and basically tries to bait Slash into badmouthing him too, and Slash doesn't say anything (Howards keeps pushing it) and eventually Slash tells Howard that if he wants to do that to Axl, fine, but not to expect Slash to engage in that kind of talk because he and Axl are 'real close and he's not going to do that to him' and that Axl's a 'sweetheart', which I thought was cute.  :lol:

Stubmled upon this. Quite sad in the light of what happened just a few years later...

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Didn't he say this to Scott Weiland??

He said that to both of them.

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yes I wonder what's it means that...

I don't think it relates that much to his guitar playing, I think it's more about how much Axl has engaged himself in this relationship with Slash despite all the negativity - all the fights, all the drug abuse, all the drama - he still was very much into it until the end and then for another 20 years :P

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Incidentally, on YT there's an interview with Slash on Howard Stern in about 91, where Howard is badmouthing Axl and basically tries to bait Slash into badmouthing him too, and Slash doesn't say anything (Howards keeps pushing it) and eventually Slash tells Howard that if he wants to do that to Axl, fine, but not to expect Slash to engage in that kind of talk because he and Axl are 'real close and he's not going to do that to him' and that Axl's a 'sweetheart', which I thought was cute.  

Link, please ;)

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

OH EM GEE! :wow:

Did I just see Michelle Young say to Erin "my beautiful friend, I miss you"??? :confused:

YES! I was hoping for someone to comment on that! :lol:

And Erin gave it a "like" :awesomeface:

This keeps getting better and better!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Asia said:

Link, please ;)

OK, so my memory was a bit fuzzy on the exact order of things but content is all there.  

9:00 - Slash's view on women 'crawling out of the woodwork and the guy has no responsibility'  Severely dislike that attitude but anywaaay...

12:40 - Axl is willing to sit down (and work on new album) Izzy does nothing

16:37 - Axl the topic.  Howard being a dick and Slash's "He's a sweetheart" comment.  Slash also recollects the infamous, "I'll kick your ass" while on stage with Axl, which he LIES about here.  That incident is still one of my favourite Guns 'soap opera' incidents.  :lol:

18:36 - "Don't put me in that position" to Howard, who is still being a dick.  "We're real close, we're partners" about Axl.

Can I just repeat what a fucking dick Howard Stern is?  If you listen to the entire segment...that guy...I have no idea why Slash was always granting interviews to him over the years.  He is a proper asshole. I've heard/watched a few interviews now with Howard Stern and either Slash or one with Duff and I can't stand him.  I don't think he was Duff's cup of tea since to my knowledge, Duff only gave one interview with him, and he didn't look at all comfortable.  Howard said creepy things about Duff's ex wife - to Duff!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Some time ago I watched a video on Youtube. I'm reasonably sure it was a Velvet Revolver interview and they all (I think all of them were there at least) were sitting in some kind of TV studio and the host was asking Slash questions and talking about how Axl is unrecognizable these days and how Axl had so much plastic surgery and shit like that and how does Slash feel about that, etc. And Slash absolutely refused to take the bait there as well. The host couldn't get him to say anything negative about Axl or Axl's looks.

Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm talking about? :lol:

Yeah, there was a thread about it in D&N a while ago (and I found another one from 2014), but now the video is gone

I remember Scott went along and said something about Axl not having eyebrows, and I think Sorum was laughing, but Slash and Duff avoided to talk about this stuff.

19 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Can I just repeat what a fucking dick Howard Stern is?  If you listen to the entire segment...that guy...I have no idea why Slash was always granting interviews to him over the years.  He is a proper asshole. I've heard/watched a few interviews now with Howard Stern and either Slash or one with Duff and I can't stand him.  I don't think he was Duff's cup of tea since to my knowledge, Duff only gave one interview with him, and he didn't look at all comfortable.  Howard said creepy things about Duff's ex wife - to Duff!

Yeah, it seems it's Stern's style to try and make people to talk shit about their friends, bandmates etc. He had done it with Axl too ; he was telling him he was the most important in the band and that he should make more money than the others etc.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

OK, so my memory was a bit fuzzy on the exact order of things but content is all there.  

9:00 - Slash's view on women 'crawling out of the woodwork and the guy has no responsibility'  Severely dislike that attitude but anywaaay...

12:40 - Axl is willing to sit down (and work on new album) Izzy does nothing

16:37 - Axl the topic.  Howard being a dick and Slash's "He's a sweetheart" comment.  Slash also recollects the infamous, "I'll kick your ass" while on stage with Axl, which he LIES about here.  That incident is still one of my favourite Guns 'soap opera' incidents.  :lol:

18:36 - "Don't put me in that position" to Howard, who is still being a dick.  "We're real close, we're partners" about Axl.

Me too. I detest Howard Stern. I dislike him in all the GnR interviews I heard (never botherd to listen to other interviews he did). He is always really disrespectful of women in general and aks innapropriate questions about the woman the guy is with at the moment. In an interview with Duff there was a girl present and Howard asked several times if they had sex (which they denied), then asked about Duff's marriage, then wanted to talk to the girl to ask about her cup size. I also started to listen to his interview with Slash but got quickly bored as it is the same stuff over and over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

OH EM GEE! :wow:

Did I just see Michelle Young say to Erin "my beautiful friend, I miss you"??? :confused:

Correct!!! Michelle was following her before. I remeber I saw Michelle posting about last year L.A. Show. Several people from old guard were following Erin like Michelle, Robert John or Marc Canter. I mean they were all following each other.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Yeah, both Weiland and Stump.

And that quote is new to me, thanks for sharing.

But yep, just along those same lines. Seems like talking shit about Axl really is a button you shouldn't push with Slash :lol:

Especially if you also count in the Howard Stern interview @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle mentioned (which I also vaguely remember) and other interviews along the same lines:

Some time ago I watched a video on Youtube. I'm reasonably sure it was a Velvet Revolver interview and they all (I think all of them were there at least) were sitting in some kind of TV studio and the host was asking Slash questions and talking about how Axl is unrecognizable these days and how Axl had so much plastic surgery and shit like that and how does Slash feel about that, etc. And Slash absolutely refused to take the bait there as well. The host couldn't get him to say anything negative about Axl or Axl's looks.

Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm talking about? :lol:

I think Axl knows Slash is loved and respected by now. Back when Axl said that, Slash wasn't really doing much iirc, but he established himself as the media's and also every grandma's darling in the years that followed lol.

In fact I think Axl was for a long time rather jealous of just how loved and respected Slash is by the general publich nowadays :lol:

Something along both of these lines probably, yeah.

But of course many people here prefer to focus on the literal meaning of seductive :rolleyes::lol:

And that video of Slash talking about how much GNR means to him. Sad yeah. And no wonder he wanted back in so badly.

Also, for all the people here who constantly seem to worry about the whole "were they ever really friends issue", I've highlighted some key words in @Asias post.

Focus on these parts and stop worrying :lol: They used to be very close and they seem to be rebuilding their relationship at the moment (to a certain extent at least), so all is well in Slaxl World.

(And I think that list could be greatly expanded actually. While indexing the threads, I've come across so much Slaxl stuff, I could probably make a list that's multiple pages long (if you also take other stuff besides quotes into account)).

And with that, my duty as chairman is done for today :facepalm:

I started to lose faith in the whole Slaxl thing, chairman. I'll go put myself in the corner.

I guess Axl really does love Slash even though he doesn't show it as much. For fucks sake, Axl, it's 2017 and marriage equality exists! 

Frey, you could probably write a book with all the Slaxl stuff you've found. Lol.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks. Yeah, I totally agree. Stern is a total dick. I also found a video where he talked to Slash in 1992 and Slash was drunk and wasted and he pretty much ridiculed him all way long. I think one needs to be crazy to want to talk to him. And he always tried to get them against each other and it's great that it never actually worked.

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Did she??

loooooooooooooooooooool :rofl-lol:

ALSO, I just figured out Julianna Sendrick also praised one of Erin's children :wow:

So it seems normal that the "official" women and the lovers get along and pretend to be friends.... like in a harem :facepalm:

lol yeah, apparently they are on good terms, at least Axl's exs (Slash's not so much :P)...which is ironic considering Slash's the diplomat :lol:

maybe it's some sort of nostalgia? those years must have been significant to these girls as well in ways we cannot even fathom, and could have created a bond that transcends time and feuds. Even Meegan hooking up with Slash seems rather nostalgic imho. :shrugs:

Whatever the case may be, the past keeps coming back at GNR central :awesomeface:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, solstar said:

lol yeah, apparently they are on good terms, at least Axl's exs (Slash's not so much :P)...which is ironic considering Slash's the diplomat :lol:

maybe it's some sort of nostalgia? those years must have been significant to these girls as well in ways we cannot even fathom, and could have created a bond that transcends time and feuds. Even Meegan hooking up with Slash seems rather nostalgic imho. :shrugs:

Whatever the case may be, the past keeps coming back at GNR central :awesomeface:

Makes you wonder what year it is.

47 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, it seems it's Stern's style to try and make people to talk shit about their friends, bandmates etc. He had done it with Axl too ; he was telling him he was the most important in the band and that he should make more money than the others etc.

21 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Me too. I detest Howard Stern. I dislike him in all the GnR interviews I heard (never botherd to listen to other interviews he did). He is always really disrespectful of women in general and aks innapropriate questions about the woman the guy is with at the moment. In an interview with Duff there was a girl present and Howard asked several times if they had sex (which they denied), then asked about Duff's marriage, then wanted to talk to the girl to ask about her cup size. I also started to listen to his interview with Slash but got quickly bored as it is the same stuff over and over again.

1 minute ago, Asia said:

Thanks. Yeah, I totally agree. Stern is a total dick. I also found a video where he talked to Slash in 1992 and Slash was drunk and wasted and he pretty much ridiculed him all way long. I think one needs to be crazy to want to talk to him. And he always tried to get them against each other and it's great that it never actually worked.

I agree with all of you. Howard Stern is an unbearably obnoxious asshole. And a creep (he was being really creepy with Erin too in that interview with Axl and Baz). And the fact that he doesn't just get away with doing what he does, but is actually very successfull with it represents everything that is wrong with this world.

The bolded: YES! I'm glad and weirdly proud that Stern's dumb interviewing tactics never worked on any of them.

(Also, I would like tons of posts here if I could, but I'm out of likes atm.)

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, there was a thread about it in D&N a while ago (and I found another one from 2014), but now the video is gone

I remember Scott went along and said something about Axl not having eyebrows, and I think Sorum was laughing, but Slash and Duff avoided to talk about this stuff.

Thank you. That was a Stern interview too? I didn't remember. Maybe that video can still be tracked down.

6 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I started to lose faith in the whole Slaxl thing, chairman. I'll go put myself in the corner.

I guess Axl really does love Slash even though he doesn't show it as much. For fucks sake, Axl, it's 2017 and marriage equality exists! 

Frey, you could probably write a book with all the Slaxl stuff you've found. Lol.

I didn't find any Slaxl stuff lol. All the other people here produced all the material. In fact, when I started reading this thread, I didn't really know much about "Slaxl" at all except for the basics every GNR fan knows. I just... read and learned. And indexed lol.

13 minutes ago, solstar said:

Marc Canter have said here (when he was around) that Slash was keeping in touch with some of his ex girlfriends. He explained that because someone asked him about Ivonne. Meegan was one of them.