alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

45 minutes ago, Asia said:

Link, please ;)

OK, so my memory was a bit fuzzy on the exact order of things but content is all there.  

9:00 - Slash's view on women 'crawling out of the woodwork and the guy has no responsibility'  Severely dislike that attitude but anywaaay...

12:40 - Axl is willing to sit down (and work on new album) Izzy does nothing

16:37 - Axl the topic.  Howard being a dick and Slash's "He's a sweetheart" comment.  Slash also recollects the infamous, "I'll kick your ass" while on stage with Axl, which he LIES about here.  That incident is still one of my favourite Guns 'soap opera' incidents.  :lol:

18:36 - "Don't put me in that position" to Howard, who is still being a dick.  "We're real close, we're partners" about Axl.

Can I just repeat what a fucking dick Howard Stern is?  If you listen to the entire segment...that guy...I have no idea why Slash was always granting interviews to him over the years.  He is a proper asshole. I've heard/watched a few interviews now with Howard Stern and either Slash or one with Duff and I can't stand him.  I don't think he was Duff's cup of tea since to my knowledge, Duff only gave one interview with him, and he didn't look at all comfortable.  Howard said creepy things about Duff's ex wife - to Duff!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Some time ago I watched a video on Youtube. I'm reasonably sure it was a Velvet Revolver interview and they all (I think all of them were there at least) were sitting in some kind of TV studio and the host was asking Slash questions and talking about how Axl is unrecognizable these days and how Axl had so much plastic surgery and shit like that and how does Slash feel about that, etc. And Slash absolutely refused to take the bait there as well. The host couldn't get him to say anything negative about Axl or Axl's looks.

Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm talking about? :lol:

Yeah, there was a thread about it in D&N a while ago (and I found another one from 2014), but now the video is gone

I remember Scott went along and said something about Axl not having eyebrows, and I think Sorum was laughing, but Slash and Duff avoided to talk about this stuff.

19 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Can I just repeat what a fucking dick Howard Stern is?  If you listen to the entire segment...that guy...I have no idea why Slash was always granting interviews to him over the years.  He is a proper asshole. I've heard/watched a few interviews now with Howard Stern and either Slash or one with Duff and I can't stand him.  I don't think he was Duff's cup of tea since to my knowledge, Duff only gave one interview with him, and he didn't look at all comfortable.  Howard said creepy things about Duff's ex wife - to Duff!

Yeah, it seems it's Stern's style to try and make people to talk shit about their friends, bandmates etc. He had done it with Axl too ; he was telling him he was the most important in the band and that he should make more money than the others etc.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

OK, so my memory was a bit fuzzy on the exact order of things but content is all there.  

9:00 - Slash's view on women 'crawling out of the woodwork and the guy has no responsibility'  Severely dislike that attitude but anywaaay...

12:40 - Axl is willing to sit down (and work on new album) Izzy does nothing

16:37 - Axl the topic.  Howard being a dick and Slash's "He's a sweetheart" comment.  Slash also recollects the infamous, "I'll kick your ass" while on stage with Axl, which he LIES about here.  That incident is still one of my favourite Guns 'soap opera' incidents.  :lol:

18:36 - "Don't put me in that position" to Howard, who is still being a dick.  "We're real close, we're partners" about Axl.

Me too. I detest Howard Stern. I dislike him in all the GnR interviews I heard (never botherd to listen to other interviews he did). He is always really disrespectful of women in general and aks innapropriate questions about the woman the guy is with at the moment. In an interview with Duff there was a girl present and Howard asked several times if they had sex (which they denied), then asked about Duff's marriage, then wanted to talk to the girl to ask about her cup size. I also started to listen to his interview with Slash but got quickly bored as it is the same stuff over and over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

OH EM GEE! :wow:

Did I just see Michelle Young say to Erin "my beautiful friend, I miss you"??? :confused:

Correct!!! Michelle was following her before. I remeber I saw Michelle posting about last year L.A. Show. Several people from old guard were following Erin like Michelle, Robert John or Marc Canter. I mean they were all following each other.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Yeah, both Weiland and Stump.

And that quote is new to me, thanks for sharing.

But yep, just along those same lines. Seems like talking shit about Axl really is a button you shouldn't push with Slash :lol:

Especially if you also count in the Howard Stern interview @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle mentioned (which I also vaguely remember) and other interviews along the same lines:

Some time ago I watched a video on Youtube. I'm reasonably sure it was a Velvet Revolver interview and they all (I think all of them were there at least) were sitting in some kind of TV studio and the host was asking Slash questions and talking about how Axl is unrecognizable these days and how Axl had so much plastic surgery and shit like that and how does Slash feel about that, etc. And Slash absolutely refused to take the bait there as well. The host couldn't get him to say anything negative about Axl or Axl's looks.

Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm talking about? :lol:

I think Axl knows Slash is loved and respected by now. Back when Axl said that, Slash wasn't really doing much iirc, but he established himself as the media's and also every grandma's darling in the years that followed lol.

In fact I think Axl was for a long time rather jealous of just how loved and respected Slash is by the general publich nowadays :lol:

Something along both of these lines probably, yeah.

But of course many people here prefer to focus on the literal meaning of seductive :rolleyes::lol:

And that video of Slash talking about how much GNR means to him. Sad yeah. And no wonder he wanted back in so badly.

Also, for all the people here who constantly seem to worry about the whole "were they ever really friends issue", I've highlighted some key words in @Asias post.

Focus on these parts and stop worrying :lol: They used to be very close and they seem to be rebuilding their relationship at the moment (to a certain extent at least), so all is well in Slaxl World.

(And I think that list could be greatly expanded actually. While indexing the threads, I've come across so much Slaxl stuff, I could probably make a list that's multiple pages long (if you also take other stuff besides quotes into account)).

And with that, my duty as chairman is done for today :facepalm:

I started to lose faith in the whole Slaxl thing, chairman. I'll go put myself in the corner.

I guess Axl really does love Slash even though he doesn't show it as much. For fucks sake, Axl, it's 2017 and marriage equality exists! 

Frey, you could probably write a book with all the Slaxl stuff you've found. Lol.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks. Yeah, I totally agree. Stern is a total dick. I also found a video where he talked to Slash in 1992 and Slash was drunk and wasted and he pretty much ridiculed him all way long. I think one needs to be crazy to want to talk to him. And he always tried to get them against each other and it's great that it never actually worked.

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Did she??

loooooooooooooooooooool :rofl-lol:

ALSO, I just figured out Julianna Sendrick also praised one of Erin's children :wow:

So it seems normal that the "official" women and the lovers get along and pretend to be friends.... like in a harem :facepalm:

lol yeah, apparently they are on good terms, at least Axl's exs (Slash's not so much :P)...which is ironic considering Slash's the diplomat :lol:

maybe it's some sort of nostalgia? those years must have been significant to these girls as well in ways we cannot even fathom, and could have created a bond that transcends time and feuds. Even Meegan hooking up with Slash seems rather nostalgic imho. :shrugs:

Whatever the case may be, the past keeps coming back at GNR central :awesomeface:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, solstar said:

lol yeah, apparently they are on good terms, at least Axl's exs (Slash's not so much :P)...which is ironic considering Slash's the diplomat :lol:

maybe it's some sort of nostalgia? those years must have been significant to these girls as well in ways we cannot even fathom, and could have created a bond that transcends time and feuds. Even Meegan hooking up with Slash seems rather nostalgic imho. :shrugs:

Whatever the case may be, the past keeps coming back at GNR central :awesomeface:

Makes you wonder what year it is.

47 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, it seems it's Stern's style to try and make people to talk shit about their friends, bandmates etc. He had done it with Axl too ; he was telling him he was the most important in the band and that he should make more money than the others etc.

21 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Me too. I detest Howard Stern. I dislike him in all the GnR interviews I heard (never botherd to listen to other interviews he did). He is always really disrespectful of women in general and aks innapropriate questions about the woman the guy is with at the moment. In an interview with Duff there was a girl present and Howard asked several times if they had sex (which they denied), then asked about Duff's marriage, then wanted to talk to the girl to ask about her cup size. I also started to listen to his interview with Slash but got quickly bored as it is the same stuff over and over again.

1 minute ago, Asia said:

Thanks. Yeah, I totally agree. Stern is a total dick. I also found a video where he talked to Slash in 1992 and Slash was drunk and wasted and he pretty much ridiculed him all way long. I think one needs to be crazy to want to talk to him. And he always tried to get them against each other and it's great that it never actually worked.

I agree with all of you. Howard Stern is an unbearably obnoxious asshole. And a creep (he was being really creepy with Erin too in that interview with Axl and Baz). And the fact that he doesn't just get away with doing what he does, but is actually very successfull with it represents everything that is wrong with this world.

The bolded: YES! I'm glad and weirdly proud that Stern's dumb interviewing tactics never worked on any of them.

(Also, I would like tons of posts here if I could, but I'm out of likes atm.)

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, there was a thread about it in D&N a while ago (and I found another one from 2014), but now the video is gone

I remember Scott went along and said something about Axl not having eyebrows, and I think Sorum was laughing, but Slash and Duff avoided to talk about this stuff.

Thank you. That was a Stern interview too? I didn't remember. Maybe that video can still be tracked down.

6 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I started to lose faith in the whole Slaxl thing, chairman. I'll go put myself in the corner.

I guess Axl really does love Slash even though he doesn't show it as much. For fucks sake, Axl, it's 2017 and marriage equality exists! 

Frey, you could probably write a book with all the Slaxl stuff you've found. Lol.

I didn't find any Slaxl stuff lol. All the other people here produced all the material. In fact, when I started reading this thread, I didn't really know much about "Slaxl" at all except for the basics every GNR fan knows. I just... read and learned. And indexed lol.

36 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

16:37 - Axl the topic.  Howard being a dick and Slash's "He's a sweetheart" comment.

He also says "to know him is to love him" at 16:40

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, solstar said:

Marc Canter have said here (when he was around) that Slash was keeping in touch with some of his ex girlfriends. He explained that because someone asked him about Ivonne. Meegan was one of them.

23 minutes ago, solstar said:

Hmmm.

I don't think so.... I mean, Erin has always been gracious and polite and educated. She's welcomed everybody into her social media profiles but I don't think she hangs out or has any close relationship with Michelle, Adriana, Julianna, the strippers... she wasn't one of them and she didn't like them back then.

Yes, the past keeps coming back and I prefer all of these weirdos than TB and the freak show.

Slash' life its a quilombo!! :lol:

• Like 1

My mind has been exploding today over St Louis. The litho with the reference to Axl's words before he dived from the stage, happy smiley Axl, the show going off without incident and apparently with a brilliant atmosphere, and last but not least the "partner in crime" thing!! Reminds me of his intro to Slash at Slane when he said "your friend and mine" which blew my mind too. 

Slight niggle about "partner in crime" though... cute as it is, it struck me that Axl seemed to be kinda attributing some of the blame for the riot to Slash, who had no part in it?? Slash was effectively a bystander, watching from behind his guitar as the whole clusterfuck unfolded. Wonder if Slash has thoughts on this??

11 hours ago, Asia said:
  13 hours ago, Tori72 said:

My question is this: When the hell have they ever gotten into trouble together

Erm well there was the time they were accused of rape together in the 80s...

28 minutes ago, money honey said:

cute as it is, it struck me that Axl seemed to be kinda attributing some of the blame for the riot to Slash, who had no part in it??

Back in the day Slash never really distanced himself from it, he pretty much took Axl's side (In that interview with Stern from 1992 that I mentioned, when Slssh was in Hawaii on a rehab trip, he even says that he never goes anywhere without the phone because he does "band business" all day and when asked what band busines is, he says that doing press and also he wants to get Axl through the court trial, because it's upsetting Axl or something), so I think he felt his partner in crime in the sense of being in it all together, no matter what. And probably that's also what Axl was referring to, so it seems to me it was a nice thing to say, considering that not so long ago he considered Slash his greatest enemy. I guess Slash could only take it well.

Btw, does anyone hve a video of that?

Edited by Asia
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, money honey said:

My mind has been exploding today over St Louis. The litho with the reference to Axl's words before he dived from the stage, happy smiley Axl, the show going off without incident and apparently with a brilliant atmosphere, and last but not least the "partner in crime" thing!! Reminds me of his intro to Slash at Slane when he said "your friend and mine" which blew my mind too. 

Slight niggle about "partner in crime" though... cute as it is, it struck me that Axl seemed to be kinda attributing some of the blame for the riot to Slash, who had no part in it?? Slash was effectively a bystander, watching from behind his guitar as the whole clusterfuck unfolded. Wonder if Slash has thoughts on this??

Erm well there was the time they were accused of rape together in the 80s...

I think it's just a cheeky reference to their friendship.  I don't think he meant it literally, that Slash was an accomplice.  Partner in crime is just a figure of speech, another way of speaking about your friend/mate.  And yeah, Im so pleased the St Louis show was successful - think the folks there deserved a good show!  And Axl seemed to be in the happiest/chattiest mood yet.  Some really nice photos of him (and Duff too) have come out of that show.

• Like 1

The "partner in crime" comment was def a joke, and a funny one at that! I love Axl's sense of humour

However, it was Slash who said after Axl left the stage "He smashed the mic. We're out of here", so he was his partner in crime indeed. :P

8 hours ago, Tori72 said:

The older one?

I guess Axl tried to be extra nice in St Louis. 

Is it my English or was the dude's writing kinda weird?

It's funny to see Axl "trying to be nice". This behaviour is somewhat unprecedented isn't it? Good for him! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Makes you wonder what year it is.

What do you mean? I was talking about the late 80's, when all these girls came into scene (btw these guys' lives are worthy of a movie! I'll def want to watch it :awesomeface:).

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Marc Canter have said here (when he was around) that Slash was keeping in touch with some of his ex girlfriends. He explained that because someone asked him about Ivonne. Meegan was one of them.

Do we know what he meant by "keeping in touch"? :huh:

It sounds to me that Slash was rather on the nostalgic side too

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Hmmm.

I don't think so.... I mean, Erin has always been gracious and polite and educated. She's welcomed everybody into her social media profiles but I don't think she hangs out or has any close relationship with Michelle, Adriana, Julianna, the strippers... she wasn't one of them and she didn't like them back then.

Yes, the past keeps coming back and I prefer all of these weirdos than TB and the freak show.

Slash' life its a quilombo!! :lol:

:rofl-lol:

Right! All of these people's lives seem to be a huge quilombo! I'm loving the drama! :lol:

Michelle does call her "my friend" and does say that she misses her (Erin liking the comment is also somewhat acknowledging), so I wouldn't rule out them keeping in touch in some way or another over the years. Who knows... (this would be a great time for someone to step up and spill the beans! :popcorn:).

What I meant before was that their experiences back in the day must have been so meaningful and binding that still keep all of them connected in some capacity.   

Edited by solstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, solstar said:

What do you mean? I was talking about the late 80's, when all these girls came into scene (btw these guys' lives are worthy of a movie! I'll def want to watch it :awesomeface:).

That was my attempt at a joke...with everyone from the old Guns days reconnecting, you'd think we travelled back in time or something. Hence the 'makes you wonder what year it is' comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think it's just a cheeky reference to their friendship.  I don't think he meant it literally, that Slash was an accomplice.  Partner in crime is just a figure of speech, another way of speaking about your friend/mate.  And yeah, Im so pleased the St Louis show was successful - think the folks there deserved a good show!  And Axl seemed to be in the happiest/chattiest mood yet.  Some really nice photos of him (and Duff too) have come out of that show.

Agree...I watched the show live and Axl's tone of voice when he said that was definitely lighthearted. He was in that kind of mood ALL night....it was fuckin awesome to see and hear, even through Periscope! :) 

But speaking of Duff and Axl. ,miss Bethany took some great pics of them.

DF2XKjtW0AA0bD-.jpg

DF2XLYtXgAAj4iV.jpg

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Agree...I watched the show live and Axl's tone of voice when he said that was definitely lighthearted. He was in that kind of mood ALL night....it was fuckin awesome to see and hear, even through Periscope! :) 

But speaking of Duff and Axl. ,miss Bethany took some great pics of them.

DF2XKjtW0AA0bD-.jpg

DF2XLYtXgAAj4iV.jpg

Those are awesome photos of Axl and Duff. Duff's even showing his love for St. Louis via his shirt.

7 hours ago, Padme said:

You might already know this, but just in case. Erin is back on FB :headbang: I don't know about twitter or other social media she used to have

She's back on IG too.  Seems she has a new boyfriend.  

• Like 1

Billy Joel is in Minneapolis, the trainer and the photographer of the tour are at the concert....Fernando put Instagram stories with Axl, I think he will sing at Billy Joel's

I couldn't stop my curiosity, Erin has Angela Nicoletti and Mandy Brixx on facebook....  And about Howard Stern I would say the guy is rude and sleazy but that's how he keeps his audience, I remember looking for an Izzy interview with Howard Stern because he had already interviewed the other 4, but I guess Izzy is wise and knows better..

Also there is an Scott Weiland interview with Howard, the guy was so depressed at that time  but Howard wouldn't stop doing horrible questions...

Idk it is painful to watch.

27 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Billy Joel is in Minneapolis, the trainer and the photographer of the tour are at the concert....Fernando put Instagram stories with Axl, I think he will sing at Billy Joel's

He was there or maybe still is!!! :wow:

• Like 2